Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• sonicGsonicG Member Posts: 4

Hi... I leased a new 2014 Trailhawk today. Can someone advise if I got a good deal, before the 3-day guarantee expires?

MSRP, $33,069
    39 months, 10K miles per year
    Residual, $19,180
    2,200 down + 1st month's payment
    Total discounts, including Tread Lightly: $5,800
    License fees paid upfront: 450
    Taxes paid upfront on the discounts: 450
    Total monthly payment including all taxes: $351

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@sonicG said:
    Hi... I leased a new 2014 Trailhawk today. Can someone advise if I got a good deal, before the 3-day guarantee expires?

MSRP, $33,069
    39 months, 10K miles per year
    Residual, $19,180
    2,200 down + 1st month's payment
    Total discounts, including Tread Lightly: $5,800
    License fees paid upfront: 450
    Taxes paid upfront on the discounts: 450
    Total monthly payment including all taxes: $351

This is a Cherokee, right? There is no Trailhawk model for the Grand Cherokee.

You might want to double check - I don't think there is a 3 day grace period on auto leases or purchases.

Deal seems pretty decent. Was the $2200 as going to cap cost reduction?

If you're happy, enjoy - I've taken a look at the Cherokee myself as a possible next car for my wife.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• alg200wsjalg200wsj Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2014

Hi I'm looking for the July money factor and residual on a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x2 V6. 36 and/or 39 months. Can anyone help me!

Thanks!

@alg200wsj said:
    Hi I'm looking for the July money factor and residual on a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x2 V6. 36 and/or 39 months. Can anyone help me!

Thanks!

How many miles per year, and what state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• sonicGsonicG Member Posts: 4

@Michaell said:
    If you're happy, enjoy - I've taken a look at the Cherokee myself as a possible next car for my wife.

Thanks Michaell - it is a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. My first choice was a Grand Cherokee but I couldn't afford it. :-)

• alg200wsjalg200wsj Member Posts: 3

State is FL, 15k a year

@alg200wsj said:
    Hi I'm looking for the July money factor and residual on a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x2 V6. 36 and/or 39 months, 15K per year. This is in Florida. Can anyone help me!

Thanks!

.00024 and 46% or 40%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ineedacar2ineedacar2 Member Posts: 23

what are people paying for overage miles from chrysler? i had .10 on my existing lease and now a new dealer wants .18-.25 per mile over. doesn't the dealer set this number and is it negotiable?

@ineedacar2 said:
    what are people paying for overage miles from chrysler? i had .10 on my existing lease and now a new dealer wants .18-.25 per mile over. doesn't the dealer set this number and is it negotiable?

Are these miles at the beginning or the end of the lease?

It's my understanding that the finance company sets the per mile rate and that they are not negotiable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ineedacar2ineedacar2 Member Posts: 23

@Michaell said:
    It's my understanding that the finance company sets the per mile rate and that they are not negotiable.

overage miles at the end of the lease. through Ally it was only .10 from 2011 for 39mo./15k and now Chrysler wants .18 or .25, i can't remember which one but I thought it was negotiable in case I got over. Thanks for the help.

@ineedacar2 said:
    overage miles at the end of the lease. through Ally it was only .10 from 2011 for 39mo./15k and now Chrysler wants .18 or .25, i can't remember which one but I thought it was negotiable in case I got over. Thanks for the help.

I don't have any Ally data for Chrysler, so I'm unable to comment.

Most programs allow you to buy miles at the beginning of the lease, during the lease, or at the end. I don't know how much it is from Chrysler, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rbradleysdrbradleysd Member Posts: 31

I test drove the Overland today and really liked it (didn't think I would) so now I'm thinking this may be the car. Dealer wasn't super helpful so I couldn't get much info out of them. I'm looking to lease it, 2k down, 2 years, 20k a year. The dealer DID say they would discount the one I liked (47190) 5k to 42190. Does Ally still charge that huge fee at lease end?

• nsull410nsull410 Member Posts: 13

Anyone have the July MF and residual value for a 2014 altitude 4x4 and for the limited 4x4 in mass or ri?

• neversatisfiedneversatisfied Member Posts: 63

What are the lease residual and MF for the Grand Cherokee SRT, 36 month 15k miles a year?
    Thanks!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

@rbradleysd said:
    I test drove the Overland today and really liked it (didn't think I would) so now I'm thinking this may be the car. Dealer wasn't super helpful so I couldn't get much info out of them. I'm looking to lease it, 2k down, 2 years, 20k a year. The dealer DID say they would discount the one I liked (47190) 5k to 42190. Does Ally still charge that huge fee at lease end?

We don't have the numbers for Ally, only Chrysler Finance. I've heard that the $2500 purchase option fee has been discontinued by Ally. (which was the dumbest thing, ever).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@nsull410 said:
    Anyone have the July MF and residual value for a 2014 altitude 4x4 and for the limited 4x4 in mass or ri?

.00021 MF and 55% residual for the Altitude

.00014 MF and 54% residual for the Limited

36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@neversatisfied said:
    What are the lease residual and MF for the Grand Cherokee SRT, 36 month 15k miles a year?
    Thanks!

.00020 and 47%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• neversatisfiedneversatisfied Member Posts: 63

Oh wow, those suck....lol
    Thanks for the info!

@neversatisfied said:
    Oh wow, those suck....lol
    Thanks for the info!

That's generally the case ... the higher the trim level, the lower the residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• krispytoastkrispytoast Member Posts: 3

Hi.....Does anyone have the July MF and Residual numbers for a 3 year/12k lease..JGC Overland 4x4 V6?

• nsull410nsull410 Member Posts: 13

A dealer by me has a 2014 overland 4x4 v6 exec demo, does it make sense to try and lease if it has less than 1,000 miles? would it qualify for the same lease mf and residuals?

@krispytoast said:
    Hi.....Does anyone have the July MF and Residual numbers for a 3 year/12k lease..JGC Overland 4x4 V6?

.00010 and 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• csp06csp06 Member Posts: 29

Hi,

Can I have the residual and money factor for the following? (All 36months 12k miles/year in the CT/MA area).

Limited (V6/V8 and Diesel)
    Overland (V6/V8 and Diesel)
    Summit (V6/V8 and Diesel)

Thank you!!!

@nsull410 said:
    A dealer by me has a 2014 overland 4x4 v6 exec demo, does it make sense to try and lease if it has less than 1,000 miles? would it qualify for the same lease mf and residuals?

If it hasn't been titled, it is still considered a new car and eligible for leasing. If so, then the MF of .00010 would still apply.

What lease term and how many miles per year were you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rbradleysdrbradleysd Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2014

Overland 4x4. 2 year 20k lease. Do you know that lease numbers?

@rbradleysd said:

Overland 4x4. 2 year 20k lease. Do you know that lease numbers?

24/15 numbers are .00010 and 63%. Deduct on a per mile basis for the extra miles - I don't know what that figure is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• janulbugjanulbug Member Posts: 22

What is the Money Factor and Residual Value for July on a 2014 JGC Overland 4x2 for a 36 mth lease. 15k miles in Los Angeles CA?

@janulbug said:
    What is the Money Factor and Residual Value for July on a 2014 JGC Overland 4x2 for a 36 mth lease. 15k miles in Los Angeles CA?

.00012 MF and 49% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    .00012 MF and 49% residual

Are you sure this is accurate? These were the June numbers (0.00012 53%)

That's why we quote new numbers... sometimes, they change. I checked again... those are accurate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Are they June numbers or July numbers?

@janulbug said:
    Are they June numbers or July numbers?

July

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx,

Can I have the residual and money factor for the following? (All 36months 12k miles/year in the CT/MA area).

I know it's a lot to ask -- but I can't decide on trim/engine yet.

Thank you!!!

@csp06 said:
    kyfdx,

Gas - .00014 and 55%. Add 2% for diesel.

Gas - .00012 and 51%. Add 2% for diesel.

Gas - .00024 and 48%. Add 2% for diesel.

I know it's a lot to ask -- but I can't decide on trim/engine yet.

Thank you!!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you Michaell. Looks like the rates got slightly worse than last month (mostly the residual). Don't think I can justify a Jeep with those prices.

Thanks anyway!

• krispytoastkrispytoast Member Posts: 3

Hello..anyone have the MF and Residual number for JGC Overland 4x4 V6....in NJ and PA? This is for a 36 month 12k miles/yr lease.

@krispytoast said:
    Hello..anyone have the MF and Residual number for JGC Overland 4x4 V6....in NJ and PA? This is for a 36 month 12k miles/yr lease.

.00010 and 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 00tony_h00tony_h Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2014

Hi! Will you please provide the MF & Residual for a Laredo, 4x4, 10k on a 36 mos lease in Utah?

@00tony_h said:
    Hi! Will you please provide the MF & Residual for a Laredo, 4x4, 10k on a 36 mos lease in Utah?

.00021 MF and 58% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ken_eken_e Member Posts: 4

What is the residual and MF for the JGC Limited 4x4 Diesel in AZ for the 36/12k lease...and for the 36/15k? Is there a residual bump for the diesel over the gas engine here too? Thanks in advance...

• 00tony_h00tony_h Member Posts: 6
    Thank you kyfdx!

@ken_e said:
    What is the residual and MF for the JGC Limited 4x4 Diesel in AZ for the 36/12k lease...and for the 36/15k? Is there a residual bump for the diesel over the gas engine here too? Thanks in advance...

.00014 and 56% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K. Subtract 2% for gas.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Is this with Chrysler Financial?

@ken_e said:
    Is this with Chrysler Financial?

Yes, those are the only numbers we have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Final question...is there a lease bonus cash of $1,000 with Chrysler Financial on the JGC?

@ken_e said:
    Final question...is there a lease bonus cash of $1,000 with Chrysler Financial on the JGC?

Not in any of the documents I have .. use the pricing tools at the top of the page to determine current incentives available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bigblockc3bigblockc3 Member Posts: 141

While shopping for a Durango R/T, they advised a $6,000 discount (includes all incentives) on a 2014 Jeep SRT. Can you provide all incentives, MF & Residual for a 2014 Model with only 10K miles per year? Thanks! George

Got a 2014 JGC Limited 4x4 Eco Diesel yesterday. The Moderator's residual and money factor were spot on...also, there is $1,000 lease conquest cash available.

@bigblockc3 said:
    While shopping for a Durango R/T, they advised a $6,000 discount (includes all incentives) on a 2014 Jeep SRT. Can you provide all incentives, MF & Residual for a 2014 Model with only 10K miles per year? Thanks! George

The only numbers we have are from Chrysler Finance, which doesn't have any lease cash attached to them.

For the JGC SRT, the 36/10 numbers are .00020 MF and 47% RV.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bigblockc3bigblockc3 Member Posts: 141

With a $6,000 discount and such a low residual, it may make sense to buy the vehicle at the end? Just curious if you have any 39 or 48 month terms from Chrysler for this vehicle? If so, how do MFs & Residuals differ for the same 10K allowance?

This discussion has been closed.