Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Simple Button Operation - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in BMW
imageSimple Button Operation - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Why did any car company every make this simple operation more complex?

Read the full story here

Comments

• adamb1adamb1 Member Posts: 122

How do the on-board computer computations of mpg compare to log book computations?

• tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107

Presumably the LT Passat is similar to my 10 Jetta TDI which has a dedicated button on the cluster just for resetting the trip meter. It's on the right hand side of the cluster and says "0.0".

• the_big_althe_big_al Member Posts: 1,079

I love how integrated the display graphics are with the gauge fonts. It's also a very clean design and uncluttered with fluff and bling.

• schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433

My 2006 Acura RL has a setting for "auto trip meter reset." After you fill up the fuel tank, Trip A automatically resets to zero. Is this a rare feature?

• allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

@schen72 said:
    My 2006 Acura RL has a setting for "auto trip meter reset." After you fill up the fuel tank, Trip A automatically resets to zero. Is this a rare feature?

My Acura TSX also has the auto reset after fill up. Can't be just an Acura thing.

• kcaikcai Member Posts: 15

@allthingshonda said:
    what if it fails? Is there a hand switch button to use as well?

• allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

@kcai Yes there is; old fashioned switch just like the BMW.