Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited July 2015 in Acura

Welcome to the Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 Acura MDX purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2015 MDX, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit the 2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2015 Acura MDX page.

To see all forums discussions about the Acura MDX, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Acura MDX discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

Once you start enjoying your new MDX, please write up a Consumer Review.

See Also
Edmunds Expert & Consumer Reviews of the 2015 Acura MDX SUV

Comments

• mrso718mrso718 Member Posts: 8

Just picked up the 2015 MDX SH-AWD TECH PACK in Fanthom Blue Pearl I had put a down payment on. Loving the vehicle. Traded in my 2013 White RDX Tech Pack in, going to miss it =(. Here's the Breakdown for my deal

MSRP: $49,735
    Selling Price: $46,275 (Including Dest.)
    Acessories Installed: $2,400 (Splash Guard, Wheel Locks, all 3 rows all season mats including cargo living hinge tray, LED Fog Lights, Running boards, Remote Start.
    Dealer Fee: $75
    DMV, Title, License, Tire, Inspection Fee: $91.50 (Transferred my Old Plates)
    Trade In Value: $30,000
    Taxes: $1,657
    OTD: $50,498

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2014

Let us help evaluate your Acura MDX purchase. Please fill in all the fields below:

1. Trim and factory options: __________________ (see this link to build your MDX)

2. Dealer price is $____________.

3. Doc fee is $_____________.
    4. Zip code __________.
    5. Other (extended warranty, service contract, dealer adds): _______________.

This info will help the other forum members compare your quote with True Market Value and actual deals being made around the country.

• chebbiechebbie Member Posts: 3

I am waiting the arrival of my 2015 SH-AWD w/Technology and Entertainment Packages in white diamond pearl. I traded in a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L w/RES. Apparently, the AWD with this package and in this color is difficult to come by in the DFW area at this time. It was difficult negotiations. With a trade-in and all the fees it was difficult to get a good comparison among the dealers in the area. I guess that is part of the game. MSRP $51,735. Sale price $47,155. When it was all said and done, the total out-the-door was $49,807.

• ram68ram68 Member Posts: 2

Chebbie I'm in DFW looking to buy he same combination MDX. Which dealer did you work with and what was the breakup?

None of the 4 DFW area dealers had the one we wanted in stock on the lot. We almost ended up with the FWD instead of the AWD, but one of dealers indicated they had the exact AWD we wanted in transit. We ended up getting it from Vandergriff Acura. Still waiting for it to arrive but it is supposed to be here within the next several days. The total with sale price, dealer add-ons, fees, and sales tax was $49,807. The sales tax included was $1,525. This doesn't consider the equity in our trade-in but does contemplate reduced sales tax because of the trade-in. Without the trade-in, it would have added another $1,400 on for additional sales tax.

• ram68ram68 Member Posts: 2

Chebbie- Thanks. For the Sale price $47,155, were you able to get it from more than 1 dealer? How hard was it to get that? Did you negotiate the sale price in person or over the internet?

ram68 - It was difficult to get an equal comparison from each dealer for few reasons. Vandergriff was the only dealer that had the exact vehicle we were looking for. We were in discussion with another dealer on the FWD and another dealer on an AWD with Tech package (but not Entmt). Each dealers' fees were a little different and each valued our trade-in differently. For example, at one point we looked an AWD but in a different color than we wanted. That dealer's sale price was $48,900 but they were willing to give us more for our trade-in also. It probably would have ended up being a wash at the end of the day. The reason we ended up at Vandergriff is because they had the exact one we we're looking for. Most of the negotiations were done in person at some point with each of the 3 dealers along with some phone and email discussion. I've never had much success with negotiations via internet & email. I would say negotiations were probably a little more difficult than what I have experienced on past car purchases, mostly because of a limited number of Acura dealers in the area, smaller supply, and purchase at a time when the new model year is just starting to arrive on dealer lots.

• paulkatpaulkat Member Posts: 3
    So 2015 acura does it has car play?

Doesn't sound like we'll see Car Play until the 2016 or 2017 models. Blurb here.

• Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    edited July 2014

We went looking at 2015 MDX Advanced/ENT AWD today. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a target price for me. Accessories: LED fog lights, Heated Steering wheel, Mats.

Try drilling down under Make/Model/Year above and select "Build with Options". That will give you our True Market Value price (TMV).

That's an average price for your zip code - your plan should be to try to beat the average.

TMV is of little help because neither the factory nor dealer installed options are factored in. Acura's site displays the MSRP of the option without cost of installation, which I'm finding can be exorbitant.

edited August 2014

Latest pricing

2015 MDX Adv/ENT SH-AWD
    Protection Pkg V--
    LED Fog lights--
    Body side molding--
    Heated Steering wheel--
    CT sales tax 6.35%--
    CT Reg--
    New Tags--
    doc fees--

no coatings, no add-ons, no films, no nothing else

I did not ask for a breakdown I offered $59,000 OOD best price so far $59,500

• bobdole888bobdole888 Member Posts: 38

Bought end of July, 2015 MDX AWD with Tech, 45,920 + tax/fees. 3 dealers in northern California was willing to sell at this price. All negotiation done over email.

Has anybody ever found yourself treated with any less priority/dignity/service loaner etc by buying a vehicle at a distant dealership? IOW not going to the selling dealer for service.

Tough question; occasionally you'll hear rumors that someone's VIN is "marked" in the dealer computer and those customers don't get the VIP treatment or offered loaners.

More often, people say that the service side of the business is run separately from the new car sales, which is run separately from used cars, which is run separately from finance. That argument holds that the departments don't really share info and are just concerned with their own profit and loss statements and the heck with the other dealer units. The service writer will be concerned with happy customers and good surveys in other words and won't care where you purchased the car.

It is true that if you are a "loyal" customer, you may get treated better out of warranty. But you may not. ;)

The Secret Warranty

• chitown23chitown23 Member Posts: 1

Illinois
    2015 MDX Advanced Entertainment for Invoice ($53, 342 - Edmunds, destination included); wanted a clean deal so no accessories, warranties, etc. Last 2 days of the month in July

Took delivery of 2015 MDX Adv/Ent SH-AWD with heated steering wheel, Protect plan V, LED fogs, Body side molding, CT 6% tax, new plates, additional 9,000 9 month B2B warranty, 1st service free....$59746 out the door.

• pukimon311pukimon311 Member Posts: 38

Picked up 2015 AWD MDX w/ Tech package today. Selling price $46,076.

• snl_glisnl_gli Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2014

@pukimon311 said:
    Picked up 2015 AWD MDX w/ Tech package today. Selling price $46,076.

Does the price include taxes, destination fee and any extras? I am looking for the same thing. Seems like you got a good price. Which dealership did you get it from?

• pukimon311pukimon311 Member Posts: 38
    Destination fee included. MSRP $49,735. Dealer is Performance Acura in Chapel Hill, NC. I leased the vehicle and paid upfront 1st month payment + 3% NC tax ($566), doc fee ($549) and title fee ($74). I declined dealer add ons like paint/interior protection and maintenance packages but I made a mistake of accepting $248 dealer add ons of nitrogen filled tires ($99...what was I thinking?) and wheel locks ($149...could have gotten much cheaper online). Good luck!
  • snl_glisnl_gli Member Posts: 2

@pukimon311 said:
    Destination fee included. MSRP $49,735. Dealer is Performance Acura in Chapel Hill, NC. I leased the vehicle and paid upfront 1st month payment + 3% NC tax ($566), doc fee ($549) and title fee ($74). I declined dealer add ons like paint/interior protection and maintenance packages but I made a mistake of accepting $248 dealer add ons of nitrogen filled tires ($99...what was I thinking?) and wheel locks ($149...could have gotten much cheaper online). Good luck!

Thanks!

• mysearch12mysearch12 Member Posts: 4

Looking to purchase 2015 AWD MDX with Tech package in Northern VA, anyone who has recently purchased similar model please share OTD price.

pukimon311 - $46,076. is this OTD price?

• kakakikikakakiki Member Posts: 2

Paid $39,500 + TTL for 2015 MDX FWD base model. Was that ok price or should have negotiated more?

• kakakikikakakiki Member Posts: 2

$39,500 included destination.

Best offer I have received so far from a dealer in Northern Virginia is $48,025 OTD for AWD w/Tech package. pukimon31 can you please confirm if $46,076 is OTD price and details for sales person you dealt with.

• js_novajs_nova Member Posts: 1

I am also in Northern Va, looking for AWD with Tech and (ideally) Entertainment too. Mysearch12, which dealer quoted you that OTD price of $48,025 for AWD with Tech? and which sales rep? thanks!

@mysearch12 said:
    Best offer I have received so far from a dealer in Northern Virginia is $48,025 OTD for AWD w/Tech package. pukimon31 can you please confirm if $46,076 is OTD price and details for sales person you dealt with.

edited September 2014

For labor day weekend I received $46,500 OTD offer from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA this was by far the best offer I received compare with other dealers for 2015 MDX (AWD with Tech package), Salesman - Rick P. [Phone number removed], I ended up not purchasing the vehicle as I am looking into car instead.

• priarcfountainpriarcfountain Member Posts: 2

Hello All,

As I was test driving SUVs in my list I was also skimming Edmunds exhaustively to construct jargon to deal with salespersons..and now after I achieved my goal the past weekend (phew!) I feel much obliged to share my story.

Our requirements: Exterior:white and interior:parchment. 2015 MDX FWD with tech package. We bought our MDX from Precision Acura in Princeton for a MSRP of 44K. We got the delivery of the vehicle next day and everything was super smooth.
    Breakdown of the process:
    Tuesday night I sent out quote request to few car dealers in the tri state area for my requirements.
    Wednesday morning and afternoon started negotiating on the phone with almost 10-12 dealers! (tht was v. exhausting). Precision agreed to our offer by EOD, faxed our docs to them on thurs and friday drove the car home.
    Also, there were a couple of other dealers who matched the pricing but a little late into the game.
    Though it seemed like a couple of days to wrap up a hefty 44K SUV, it was reading and educating my self through forum like this that made it a piece of cake :wink:

Super gratified and enjoying my ride...vroom vroom!

• priarcfountainpriarcfountain Member Posts: 2

@mysearch12 said:

hey...

if you dont mind driving up a bit then I know that few dealers in MD are quoting swell deals....look it up

• kc_novakc_nova Member Posts: 2
    Are there any rules of thumb as to how to negotiate for and value exterior accessories that need to be installed (i.e. running boards)? Should I aim to pay MSRP inclusive of installation costs?
    Anyone purchase an AWD w/ Tech package in the DC-area recently? Thanks!
  • mogambo1mogambo1 Member Posts: 15
    Best quoted price for by MD dealer to me was 2014 AWD-Tech Package: $46,087 and 2014 AWD-Adv + Ent Package: $53,187. Still thinking whether this is any good. MD has 6% excise to be paid with new car purchase. Actually with above prices and with MD 6% tax my excel spreadsheet shows the OTD prices will be $48,852 and $56,378s.

Thinking of offering OTD but will try to get 2015 instead of 2014 and the following prices for 2015 models: 2015 AWD-Tech Package: OTD my offer to dealer $46,000 and 2015 AWD-Adv + Ent Package: OTD my offer to dealer $53000 respectively. Don't know whether this will work and my offers will be accepted.
    @kc_nova, I didn't notice running boards as a factory option the other day when you first posted. One thing you can do is try to get the dealer to add them to the out the door price (at a reduced rate - either some bucks off the price or free installation).
  • kc_novakc_nova Member Posts: 2
    A Maryland dealer provided an internet quote of $46,235 on the '15 AWD+Tech recently (+tags of $99 and processing fee of $300)
  • mvenmven Member Posts: 5
    Hi kc_nova, may i know the dealer and sales person name ? I'm looking to buy the same.
    Hi mogambo1, i'm interested to know if you made the deal or if your offer was accepted and if so which dealer and contact person did you work with ? thanks for your help.
    The best I have till NOW are the following:
    $42,187 + TTL : 2015 AWD:
    $46,087 + TTL : 2015 AWD-Tech Package:
    $53,187 + TTL : 2015 AWD-Adv + Ent Package:

While I am trying the following inclusive of 6% MD Tax:
    $42,400 OTD : 2015 AWD:
    $46,500 OTD : 2015 AWD-Tech Package:
    $54,000 OTD : 2015 AWD-Adv + Ent Package:

• ssp5ssp5 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Houston, Texas and I am looking to buy Base MDX FWD model.
    1) What should be the target OTD price that you recommend? I am planning to target Invoice + TTL.
    2) Has anyone bought the vehicle recently? please share your pricing details.
    3) Has anyone got a price quote recently?
  • nolefan1nolefan1 Member Posts: 17

Hello. I've just started the car shopping process and I've narrowed down my desired brand/type to the MDX AWD advance w/ent. black/parchment. I'd like to buy a 2014 but I can't find one. For a 2015 he dealer just quoted me $57,300 plus TTL "no haggle." That seems very high. So before I waste his time or mine I'd  like to get a more realistic idea of what I should hope to pay. I've read the 2015 and 2014 forums and the range varies significantly. If I tried to buy at the end of the month would it really matter? I'm in no hurry to buy/I can wait as long as necessary. Does Acura have a historically consistent sale? Presidents' Day etc? I googled it and came up with nothing. 

Since I can wait to buy I'd prefer to do so and not get fleeced if waiting will matter. 

Thanks for the advice!

For labor day weekend I received $46,500 OTD offer from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA this was by far the best offer I received compare with other dealers for 2015 MDX (AWD with Tech package), Salesman - Rick P. [Phone number removed], I ended up not purchasing the vehicle as I am looking into car instead.

Hi, I contacted same dealership and they gave me pretty high prices for the same vehicle AWD-+Tech Package.

By OTD price do you mean Price + Destination charges + All dealer fees + State Taxes + Tags and Title.

Or OTD just means Price + Destination charges + All dealer fees

Thanks for clarification.
    edited September 2014
    OTD (should) mean everything - sales price, taxes, fees, options.

That's why posting an OTD number on the forums isn't all that helpful for comparing deals. We all have different tax rates, some states regulate dealer fees, some of us get floor mats or towing packages. Better just to note the selling price of the car.

Destination should be included in the selling price since that's the same in the contiguous states.
    @mogambo1, thank you.

last night i purchased 2015 MDX + Tech pkg Front Wheel Drive from Rosenthal Acura in MD for 43,856.00 + TTD. This forum has been helpful to me.

Sales person Alan was very good and the whole process was very smooth at the finance and was not pressured on the warranty or the special coating they mentioned, i was in and out in 2 hrs. Alan even picked me up from carmax (I traded by van). I highly recommend Rosenthal Acura.

I didnt go for AWD and didn't think its necessary in this region and its 1700 more for it and its a gas killer and I have been driving FWD in this region without any issues.
    one more thing even if buy in MD, your sales tax is only charged for VA and registered for VA.
  • tollprobetollprobe Member Posts: 2
    @mven, thank you.

this afternoon i purchased 2015 MDX AWD + Tech pkg from Rosenthal Acura in MD for 47,274.24 OTD (44180 + 895 freight + 295 processing fee + 66.75 tag and other fees + 1837.49 va tax). This is 1000 below invoice (44,180 + 895 = 45,075/46,075). This forum has been helpful to me.

Sales person Greg was very good and the whole process was very smooth at the finance and was not pressured on the warranty or the special coating they mentioned, i was in and out in 2 hrs. I highly recommend Rosenthal Acura.

I went to both Chantilly (46,500 OTD not accepted) and Gaithersburg and had much etter experience with Rosenthal Acura.
    Congrats!
    @tollprobe, Do you remember what were the prices offered for the warranty ?
  • tollprobetollprobe Member Posts: 2
    Said no to vehicle warranty before price, $800 for coating.
    $47,400: 2015 AWD-Tech Package
    Breakdown below:
    $ 44,117.26 (Price)
    $ 0 (Freight Charge)
    $ 295 (Dealer Processing)
    $ 12 (Electronic Title MD Registration)
    $ 2975.74 (Sales Tax & Filing Charges: MD @ 6%)
    Woohoo! More congrats.

Please write up a Dealer Review too - thanks!