Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Infiniti QX60 Lease Questions

Comments

• xxjlbxxxxjlbxx Member Posts: 25

Quick question about MSDs... I have never utilized MSDs in the past since my last several cars were Acuras and Hondas. How does it work at the end of lease. I typically have the dealer buy my car at the end of lease to save on tax as well as get any equity that may be in the value of the car over the buyout price. If I had MSD's, can I still go this route? Would the leasing company just send me back the MSD's if the car is bought off lease?

Thanks for the help.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@xxjlbxx said:
    Quick question about MSDs... I have never utilized MSDs in the past since my last several cars were Acuras and Hondas. How does it work at the end of lease. I typically have the dealer buy my car at the end of lease to save on tax as well as get any equity that may be in the value of the car over the buyout price. If I had MSD's, can I still go this route? Would the leasing company just send me back the MSD's if the car is bought off lease?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, the money paid up front for MSD is returned to you at the end of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mannyG1mannyG1 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2014

how does this deal look? Taxes are rolled in?

MSRP: $50,490
    39 months
    10k miles
    Capitalized Cost...... 47,451.12
    Tax................... 2,038.10
    Bank Fee.............. 700.00
    Gov. Fees............. 12.50
    Total Cap............. 50,189.22
    Advance Pmts.......... 607.41
    Net Cap............... 50,189.22
    Total Drive Off....... 619.91
    Residual....57.00% ... 28,779.30
    Total Depreciation.... 21,409.92
    Cash Due on Delivery.. 619.91 plus The Transfer of Plates.
    Depreciation.......... 548.97 Rate.................. 0.740
    Rent.................. 58.44 Term.................. 39/10k miles

Monthly Payment....... 607.41

@mannyG1 said:
    how does this deal look? Taxes are rolled in?

MSRP: $50,490
    39 months
    10k miles
    Capitalized Cost...... 47,451.12
    Tax................... 2,038.10
    Bank Fee.............. 700.00
    Gov. Fees............. 12.50
    Total Cap............. 50,189.22
    Advance Pmts.......... 607.41
    Net Cap............... 50,189.22
    Total Drive Off....... 619.91
    Residual....57.00% ... 28,779.30
    Total Depreciation.... 21,409.92
    Cash Due on Delivery.. 619.91 plus The Transfer of Plates.
    Depreciation.......... 548.97 Rate.................. 0.740
    Rent.................. 58.44 Term.................. 39/10k miles

Monthly Payment....... 607.41

This is for an AWD ... base MF of .00074 and residual of 57%, along with your MSRP and net cap, gives me a pre-tax payment of $607.41.

Which state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

It is in NY (Suffolk County). Tax rate is 8.625%. It is for a AWD.

@mannyG1 said:
    It is in NY (Suffolk County). Tax rate is 8.625%. It is for a AWD.

Everything looks spot on. Taxes calculated and added to the cap cost up front, so the $607/mo is the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• testcar12testcar12 Member Posts: 3

Hi Thanks a lot for your response, appreciate your help.

Do you think there will be any better incentives for the 2014 in aug? I am trying to find out the lease deals might be better next month or should I close this month.

@mannyG1 said:
    Do you think there will be any better incentives for the 2014 in aug? I am trying to find out the lease deals might be better next month or should I close this month.

It's hard to predict how (or even if) the numbers will change next month. This late in the model year, I wouldn't be surprised to see the residuals and the MF drop.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jf2000jf2000 Member Posts: 10

I am confused about a couple of things and would really appreciate some clarification.

First of all, kyfdx and Michaell, when you guys post the MF and residual values, where are they coming from? Do you guys work for Infiniti or something??? And what does it mean exactly that those are THE numbers? In other words, just reading the forum it seems like dealers don't always use those numbers, especially the MF, which seems to be at their discretion and that is a number they can play with to increase profit. So are those just suggested values or is that what IFS asks the dealers to use? I read that the residuals really should be whatever is specified by the financing corp, so I am guessing that that should not vary dealer to dealer? But if either the MF or residual is not what is quoted on this forum (for that particular month), should I tell the dealer that their numbers are not what they are supposed to be or is it just their choice in the end?

Second, and related to the above, kyfdx you quoted the MF and Residual on a QX60 with Premium Plus and 39/10k at .00070 MF and 59% residual (for July). But MannyG1, your deal is using .00074 MF (obviously only a tiny difference) and 57% residual (which I calculate to change the payments by about $25). I just got a quote from a dealer for the same car (QX60 with Premium Plus and 39/10k) with the exact same MF and residual that you got, so are they just using the wrong residual? Michaell, you said MannyG1's deal looks spot on, so did you just mean the calculation was right or is the MF and residual right too? Maybe the .00070 MF and 59% residual quoted above was a mistake?

Thanks in advance for any clarification! This forum has been enormously helpful to me. I had absolutely no idea how a lease worked and thanks to this forum I now understand how to calculate a lease payment and how it all works. So thanks for all of the input - greatly appreciated!

@jf2000 said:
    I am confused about a couple of things and would really appreciate some clarification.

First of all, kyfdx and Michaell, when you guys post the MF and residual values, where are they coming from? Do you guys work for Infiniti or something???

The numbers we cite are the ones from Infiniti Financial - no, we don't work for them.

And what does it mean exactly that those are THE numbers? In other words, just reading the forum it seems like dealers don't always use those numbers, especially the MF, which seems to be at their discretion and that is a number they can play with to increase profit. So are those just suggested values or is that what IFS asks the dealers to use?

The residual is set by the finance company and cannot be modified by the dealer. The MF, on the other hand, is set by Infiniti and represents the "base" MF, which can (and often is) marked up by the dealer for extra profit. We recommend not signing any deal that includes a marked up MF.

I read that the residuals really should be whatever is specified by the financing corp, so I am guessing that that should not vary dealer to dealer? But if either the MF or residual is not what is quoted on this forum (for that particular month), should I tell the dealer that their numbers are not what they are supposed to be or is it just their choice in the end?

The residuals should not change from dealer to dealer, all things being equal. However, it is possible for a dealer to use a different finance company for their leases .. we don't have any access to those other numbers, so cannot confirm anything about them.

Second, and related to the above, kyfdx you quoted the MF and Residual on a QX60 with Premium Plus and 39/10k at .00070 MF and 59% residual (for July). But MannyG1, your deal is using .00074 MF (obviously only a tiny difference) and 57% residual (which I calculate to change the payments by about $25). I just got a quote from a dealer for the same car (QX60 with Premium Plus and 39/10k) with the exact same MF and residual that you got, so are they just using the wrong residual? Michaell, you said MannyG1's deal looks spot on, so did you just mean the calculation was right or is the MF and residual right too? Maybe the .00070 MF and 59% residual quoted above was a mistake?

There are 4 different numbers for the QX60 for 39 months and 10K miles per year:

AWD (59% and .00070)

FWD (58% and .00068)

Hybrid AWD (57% and .00073)

Hybrid FWD (56% and .00069)

When I said MannyG1's deal was spot on, I meant that my calculations agreed with his regarding the monthly payment. I assume the dealer marked up the MF a tiny bit, and I may not have confirmed the residual with the numbers listed above.

Thanks in advance for any clarification! This forum has been enormously helpful to me. I had absolutely no idea how a lease worked and thanks to this forum I now understand how to calculate a lease payment and how it all works. So thanks for all of the input - greatly appreciated!

Glad we can be of help. Our job is to inform the customer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell, thank you so much for you answers. This forum is really amazing...I feel very empowered now that the veil is lifted on this whole process.

Now on to the deal that I am considering. So it is an AWD (non-hybrid) and so for IFS the MF and residual should be .00070 and 59%. Based on your explanation Michaell, the fact that I got the exact same MF and residual as MannyG1 (.00074 and 57%) makes me think the dealers may be using the same finance corp. And i guess that if they are not using the 59% residual then I know they are not using IFS, right?

I guess I need to make a decision as to what to do (any advice would be appreciated). The thing is that I like the salesperson a lot and I like the dealership...he has been extremely helpful and not pushy at all so I would prefer to reward him and the dealership by just doing the deal there. I calculated that the 57% residual raises my payment by about $26/month. Not the hugest deal in the world, but it's significant. Do you think I should say that I know that the residual should be 59% or that I want them to use IFS to finance (since I know the MF and residuals)? I guess if I do that I better tell them not to change anything else, like juicing up the MF or tweaking the sale price. But is it reasonable to request or insist that or should I expect the dealer to just want to walk away from the deal?

The sales guy is probably gonna be like, man, how the hell does this guy know all of this (thank you forum and contributors!!!)

I just thought of something else. I saw (I think on this thread maybe), that there are dealer cash back programs and on the one I saw I think it said $1500 cash back for the dealer but that it could not be used on a IFS lease....only on a 3rd party lease. I didn't understand that because it would seem to me that the incentive would be there only if it IS financed through IFS, but could that be a reason that the dealer would use the 3rd party finance corp? If that is the case then I am guessing that if they did use IFS instead, they would loose the cash back and then need to raise the sale price on the car, which in the end might bring me back to the same monthly payment or more. I am making some assumptions here, but the thought just came to me!

@jf2000 said:
    I just thought of something else. I saw (I think on this thread maybe), that there are dealer cash back programs and on the one I saw I think it said $1500 cash back for the dealer but that it could not be used on a IFS lease....only on a 3rd party lease. I didn't understand that because it would seem to me that the incentive would be there only if it IS financed through IFS, but could that be a reason that the dealer would use the 3rd party finance corp? If that is the case then I am guessing that if they did use IFS instead, they would loose the cash back and then need to raise the sale price on the car, which in the end might bring me back to the same monthly payment or more. I am making some assumptions here, but the thought just came to me!

I'm not familiar with the Infiniti incentives - use the shopping tools at the top of the page to figure them out.

You are correct in that if there is $1500 cash back for non-IFS leases, then using the IFS numbers with the higher residual might end up being a wash. $1500 over 36 months is about $42/mo, so the $26/mo more you're paying for the non-IFS lease would be negated completely.

So, $16/mo less for the IFS lease is $576 over 36 months - only you can determine if it's worth it to you to push for that savings.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok thanks.

I found this on the site:

Dealer Incentives

Dealer incentives are cash or credit provided by a manufacturer to its dealers to incentivize sales of certain models or styles. Dealer eligibility varies based on dealer location, and is not based on consumer location. Dealers have the option to pass on all or a portion of incentives to consumers. Incentive and Rebate information is provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

Marketing SupportHide details
    Dealer Cash

Requirements and Restrictions:
    Dealer Cash is available towards leasing or retail purchases. May NOT be combined with Lease financing through Infiniti Financial Services, but may be combined on non-IFS 3rd Party leases. Dealers in the state of Illinois must retail or lease five total vehicles during the program period to qualify for this incentive.
    Dealer Cash Start End
    $1,500 07/08/2014 07/31/2014

So, I guess maybe I will just ask if it is being financed through a 3rd party (which I guess I know already it is because of the 57% residual) and if the reason is because of the dealer cash incentive above?

Because if not, then I don't see any reason to not structure the lease through IFS and give me the 59% residual.

Thanks again for the information - its been so helpful!

Just a follow up....the dealer is telling me that the deal is being financed through Nissan Infiniti Lease Trust and that the residual is 57% for this month. He says that it was 59% last month but not this month. Not sure what to say to that?

@jf2000 said:
    Just a follow up....the dealer is telling me that the deal is being financed through Nissan Infiniti Lease Trust and that the residual is 57% for this month. He says that it was 59% last month but not this month. Not sure what to say to that?

QX60 AWD 36/15 residual is 57%. Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

It is for 39/10 non-hybrid AWD, not 36/10, but I understand that you are saying that it's 59% and I believe you. I just don't understand how the dealer can finance through Infiniti and use 57% if Infiniti stipulates that the residual must be 59%? I also don't know how I am supposed to "prove" that it should be 59%? I guess I just need to walk away and find another dealer? Please advise. And I am sorry for the back and forth...I am really just trying to stay informed and really understand this process. I appreciate all of the posts and information in general!
    edited July 2014

@jf2000 said:
    It is for 39/10 non-hybrid AWD, not 36/10,

39/10 non-hybrid AWD is 59%; 36/10 is 60%; MF is .00070 for either lease term.

but I understand that you are saying that it's 59% and I believe you. I just don't understand how the dealer can finance through Infiniti and use 57% if Infiniti stipulates that the residual must be 59%? I also don't know how I am supposed to "prove" that it should be 59%? I guess I just need to walk away and find another dealer? Please advise. And I am sorry for the back and forth...I am really just trying to stay informed and really understand this process. I appreciate all of the posts and information in general!

I would certainly reach out to a second dealer and see what numbers they quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So I did try another dealer and they quoted 57% as well. I don't get it? Anyway, I guess I will just go forward with the deal at 57%.

@jf2000 said:
    So I did try another dealer and they quoted 57% as well. I don't get it? Anyway, I guess I will just go forward with the deal at 57%.

Wow - I'm really surprised. I've double checked the numbers, the model year and the eligibility dates. Cannot figure out why you are getting different answers than I'm giving you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

That's ok. I appreciate the time that you spent helping me. Its not the biggest deal in the world for me to just do the deal at 57%. I wish I understand why, but in the end this forum has provided me with a wealth of information, so thanks again.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

@88awake said:
    Hello, I'm looking at an AWD QX60. Can you tell me the MF and residual for 36 months and either 12k miles or 15k miles? Thank you for the help! (Comparing with another vehicle if you saw my similar request on another page.)

.00074 MF and 57%/55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@jf2000 said:
    That's ok. I appreciate the time that you spent helping me. Its not the biggest deal in the world for me to just do the deal at 57%. I wish I understand why, but in the end this forum has provided me with a wealth of information, so thanks again.

QX60 AWD 39mo, 10K/yr:

.00074 MF and 57% residual.

Infiniti originally put out July numbers that were only good until July 3rd. We mixed up the documents.. These numbers are from the new docs. (in other words, dealer is telling the truth, man bites dog, etc..)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Lol. Ok thanks. At least that puts an end to the question marks. Appreciate all of the help!

And that sucks btw. 2% difference costs me $1000 over the 39 months....damn! Oh well.

• ftlaudcarftlaudcar Member Posts: 2

Hi: What is the July MF rate and Residual Value for QX60 FWD w/ Premium, Premium Plus and Drivers Assistance package? 39 mos/15K miles?

@ftlaudcar said:
    Hi: What is the July MF rate and Residual Value for QX60 FWD w/ Premium, Premium Plus and Drivers Assistance package? 39 mos/15K miles?

.00057 MF and 52% residual for all FWD trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• newcar9999newcar9999 Member Posts: 3

Hi: Can you provide me the July MF and Residual for QX60 AWD 36 and 39 mo lease? Also is there any dealer cash incentive or rebate for July? Thanks

@newcar9999 said:
    Hi: Can you provide me the July MF and Residual for QX60 AWD 36 and 39 mo lease? Also is there any dealer cash incentive or rebate for July? Thanks

You didn't specify how many miles per year, so we'll assume 15K.

36/15 - 55% and .00074

39/15 - 54% and .00074

No incentive or lease cash that I see.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• newcar9999newcar9999 Member Posts: 3

I should have specified a 12K a year lease. Thanks

@newcar9999 said:
    I should have specified a 12K a year lease. Thanks

Add 2% to the residuals quoted above.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• joespn1011joespn1011 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014

Hi all - I am new to this and looking to get an idea as to what I would be paying for a lease on two different type packages for the 2015 QX60 AWD. Just so you know I live in NJ and all I am giving is $1500 out of pocket which covers all my upfront costs.

• 1) QX60 AWD Premium package. 39Months, 12k miles with $1500 out of pocket
    • 2) QX60 AWD Premium Plus package (NAV). 39Months, 12k miles with $1500 out of pocket

Any help would be appreicated!

@joespn1011 said:
    Hi all - I am new to this and looking to get an idea as to what I would be paying for a lease on

• two different type packages for the 2015 QX60 AWD. Just so you know I live in NJ and all I am giving is $1500 out of pocket which covers all my upfront costs.
    • 1) QX60 AWD Premium package. 39Months, 12k miles with $1500 out of pocket
    • 2) QX60 AWD Premium Plus package (NAV). 39Months, 12k miles with $1500 out of pocket

Any help would be appreicated!

What is the MSRP and negotiated selling price of the two vehicles?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• joespn1011joespn1011 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014

Hi Michaell - Sorry I should of included that. I am taking a roundabout cost of the MSRP from websites that I have visited. Also, this is for a 2014 not 2015 as I orignally posted. Lastly, I am not sure of the negotiated selling price as I have just started to do my research. I was hoping to get round about leases numbers so I know where to start my negiotiations at. The prices are below:

•1) QX60 AWD Premium package (MSRP $45,500). 39Months, 12k miles with $1500 out of pocket

•2) QX60 AWD Premium Plus package (NAV) (MSRP $50,000). 39Months, 12k miles with $1500 out of pocket

@joespn1011 said:
    Hi Michaell - Sorry I should of included that. I am taking a roundabout cost of the MSRP from websites that I have visited. Also, this is for a 2014 not 2015 as I orignally posted. Lastly, I am not sure of the negotiated selling price as I have just started to do my research. I was hoping to get round about leases numbers so I know where to start my negiotiations at. The prices are below:

•1) QX60 AWD Premium package (MSRP $45,500). 39Months, 12k miles with $1500 out of pocket

•2) QX60 AWD Premium Plus package (NAV) (MSRP $50,000). 39Months, 12k miles with $1500 out of pocket

There are no 2015 numbers for the QX60, so no worries there.

Without a negotiated selling price, I can't model a payment and tell you if you are getting a good or bad deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• reggie44reggie44 Member Posts: 2

Does anybody know what the August numbers are for the QX60? Money factor and residual? I'm hearing residuals are down...

edited August 2014

@reggie44 said:
    Does anybody know what the August numbers are for the QX60? Money factor and residual? I'm hearing residuals are down...

What lease term and how many miles per year? FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• reggie44reggie44 Member Posts: 2

39 months, not exactly sure if 10k or 12k, AWD, premium/premium plus - I know the best thing to do is negotiate the selling price of the car - any ideas on how to do that?

@reggie44 said:
    Does anybody know what the August numbers are for the QX60? Money factor and residual? I'm hearing residuals are down...39 months, not exactly sure if 10k or 12k, AWD, premium/premium plus - I know the best thing to do is negotiate the selling price of the car - any ideas on how to do that?

56% / 57% RV and .00074 MF.

Negotiate just like you would for a purchase. Use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine the target price for the configuration you want.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69

What kind of selling prices are you folks getting out there? I see on other forums, people getting 6k+ off msrp...not sure how thats possible? Is there trunk money?

• tjlionstjlions Member Posts: 29

Can you give me the August lease numbers for a 2014 Infiniti QX60 purchased in NC? I'm comparing different factors including fwd/awd, 36-39 months. The things that I'm sure of are 15k/year and premium or better package. Thank you in advance.

@tjlions said:
    Can you give me the August lease numbers for a 2014 Infiniti QX60 purchased in NC? I'm comparing different factors including fwd/awd, 36-39 months. The things that I'm sure of are 15k/year and premium or better package. Thank you in advance.

FWD 36/15 - 53% and .00057

AWD 36/15 - 55% and .00074

Subtract 1% for 39 months; MF stays the same.

No difference in residual based on what packages are included.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175

What would be the MF and residual value for a QX60 FWD with premium/premium plus/theater package for 10K, 39 months? Would it be the same as July as posted earlier?
    TIA
    Kris

@kshankar said:
    What would be the MF and residual value for a QX60 FWD with premium/premium plus/theater package for 10K, 39 months? Would it be the same as July as posted earlier?
    TIA
    Kris

55% and .00057

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• glex1glex1 Member Posts: 76

I just got a price in PA for a QX 60 Hybrid AWD. MSRP is 53,010. I asked for the money factor and the residual and I was told they are 52% and .00076 on a 39mth 12k lease. These numbers don't seem to match up from the info here. Is this just a bad deal or what?

edited August 2014

@glex1 said:
    I just got a price in PA for a QX 60 Hybrid AWD. MSRP is 53,010. I asked for the money factor and the residual and I was told they are 52% and .00076 on a 39mth 12k lease. These numbers don't seem to match up from the info here. Is this just a bad deal or what?

I show .00076 and 54% for 39mo, 12K/yr.. 52% for 39mo, 15K/yr.

I don't see any other August posts for the Hybrid, so not sure what you are comparing it to?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pukimon311pukimon311 Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2014

Do you have Aug numbers for QX60 AWD, 39/12K and 36/12K for NC?

• rferraro21rferraro21 Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2014

Could I please have the current residual and mf for qx60 fwd 12k florida? Thank you

@pukimon311 said:
    Do you have Aug numbers for QX60 AWD, 39/12K and 36/12K for NC?

36/12 - 55%. Subtract 1% for 39mo

MF is .00074.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.