Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Getting the Best Military Discounts on Car Purchases | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in General
imageGetting the Best Military Discounts on Car Purchases | Edmunds.com

Attention, service members, reservists and veterans: Car manufacturers have discounts for you. Here's how to make the most of them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mcesareymcesarey Member Posts: 11

I bought my 2013 Mustang California Special through Exchange New Car Sales during the "Mustang Madness" promotion and got a really good deal on it. The car stickered for 39,600 and I got it for 34,100, and this was in Feb 2012 when the 2013 model was just going into production. Aside from promotions like that, military discounts on cars are pretty modest. I don't think they're anything beyond what you would normally negotiate for.

• gitti_m3gitti_m3 Member Posts: 1

Thanks for the article- it's also important to mention that some of the best deals available are for service members who are stationed overseas or are temporarily deployed (TDY) overseas. BMW has one of the best manufacturer - sponsored programs that offer fixed-pricing world-wide at significant discounts. In 2011, the E90M3 4Door Sedan military-sales base price was 49K- I took it home with the competition package and other options for 56K- a dream car that was only affordable to me while stationed overseas! here is more information on other programs - http://www.veteransunited.com/network/buying-a-car-overseas-is-easier-than-you-think/

• bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    edited July 2014

looks like volvo has their own program for military as well including free shipping from europe to the states for five years after purchse (awesome because the military will only ship one vehicle for free so this lets you have two vehicles while you are overseas) http://www.volvocars.com/military/military-car-sales/sales/pages/AboutMilitarySales.aspx

• clachnitclachnit Member Posts: 35

Thanks for these great resources, all! -- Carroll Lachnit, features editor, Edmunds.

• RBHattonRBHatton Member Posts: 1
    I haven't found a single car manufacturer who gives a discount for Veterans who have been discharged more than one year. Honda and Toyota have them for current military and recently discharged vets, but they should offer them to those of us who served in Vietnam, etc.
  • HaddawayHaddaway Member Posts: 1
    My husband is service connected disabled veteran he has been out for a few years now we live in Maryland who do we contact, we have no transportation right now he is highly decorated but no one seems to want to help