Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Back in the Shop - 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
imageBack in the Shop - 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Our 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG is back in the shop.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365

That's never good. I have no idea what would cause a squeal, a rough idle, and a CEL. Sounds like a belt, but that would be pretty easy to diagnose. Regardless, it isn't going to be cheap when it involves a V12.

• Options
    mdm08033mdm08033 Member Posts: 8

Everything logical tells me to stay away from one of these, but the idea of an inexpensive CL500 has me using cars.com's search engine every day.

• Options
    diigiidiigii Member Posts: 156

It consumes oil more than gas so it is obvious it is an internal problem. Could that squealing sounds you hear be the start of an expensive engine repair?

• Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606

What's the over/under on "Pick a reliable car to have as your daily driver: MB CL65 or Tesla S"?

• Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

I'm guessing turbo failure since it happens on acceleration and the CEL is probably indicating that plus a misfire.

• Options
    mdm08033mdm08033 Member Posts: 8

What's up? I saw the pic of the Coil Pack. Is that similar to my Direct Ignition cartridge on my 1999 Saab? The DI was a $600 part on my Saab.