Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Mazda 2 Unveiled, With U.S. Deliveries Expected in Mid-2015 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Mazda
image2016 Mazda 2 Unveiled, With U.S. Deliveries Expected in Mid-2015 | Edmunds.com

The redesigned 2016 Mazda 2 subcompact hatchback debuted on Wednesday, with U.S. deliveries expected in mid-2015.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    unclebrudunclebrud Member Posts: 2

Very nice! It is great to see Mazda introducing so many great cars. I am eagerly anticipating the new Miata and will soon be in the market for a new 3 or 6.

• Options
    trexdinotrexdino Member Posts: 6

Great re-design - this will compete well with the newly redesigned Honda Fit; however, I predict the new Mazda2's road noise will be ear-splitting (just like the Mazda3)

• Options
    kreuzerkreuzer Member Posts: 131
    edited July 2014

Hello all, I was hoping to find out if anyone knows anything about Mazda offering the Mazda 2 in sedan form, and further still, if the ties between Mazda/Toyota are making the future Yaris in sedan form? I hate to hear that Mazda's aren't too quiet as that becomes very tiring on the road.

• Options

Sorry, meant to type "aren't" too quiet.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Fixed. :) For future reference, you have 4 hours to edit your post.

• Options

So, anyone know any info about the joint venture with toyota and mazda? I've heard there might be a sedan yaris in 2015-16 and a sedan mazda2. Anyone else know any details? Thanks!

• Options
    chrismauchrismau Member Posts: 1
    The best change from the current version is that the antenna is much smaller and is moved to the back of the roof. I've taken the antenna off of my 2014 and I've noticed many other Mazda2 owners have done the same. The 2016 scowls at you. It gives the car some attitude, but I'm not sure I like that attitude.
  • Options
    lkusalkusa Member Posts: 1
    So now it seems that the Mazda 2 sedan will be sold as a Scion iA.
  • Options
    captdiocaptdio Member Posts: 1
    ...like mazda3, is this going to have back-up camera and blind spot sensor, too? that would be awesome!!!