Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• juzdoitjuzdoit Member Posts: 1

Hi All,

I am looking to for an EX-L with RES. The cheapest quote I got was $32900 + Fees + TTL. I would like to know whether this is a good deal. I live in Boston area.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

• charleyvarrickcharleyvarrick Member Posts: 4

EX-L no NAV or RES. In Minneapolis. Quoted $35,959 plus TTL. That's with Roof Rails, Cross Bars, Towing, Fog Lights, and All-weather mats.

I have a friend who purchased the same MINUS the mats and cross bar back in April. They got $34,383 plus TTL.

Dealer claims there was a Honda holdback of $1500 back in April which allowed them to go to that price. I've tried to look this up to verify, but can't find past offers. My friends did research at the time and they don't recall there being any holdback of that amount.

Does this sound correct?

Thanks!********

• shopping201400shopping201400 Member Posts: 38
    Yes. There's a 1500 incentive back in April. If you can wait a bit, I am waiting until end of august closer to introduction of 2015 model hoping Honda wouldn't be as stingy with their incentives
  • charleyvarrickcharleyvarrick Member Posts: 4

@shopping201400 said:
    Yes. There's a 1500 incentive back in April. If you can wait a bit, I am waiting until end of august closer to introduction of 2015 model hoping Honda wouldn't be as stingy with their incentives

Good to know. That helps put the puzzle pieces together. The lowest I can find right now in the Twin CIties for an EX-L with my above accessories is $35,258 with an OTD $38,158.52. The other four dealers I was working with dropped out at that number. Can't really wait until August, so I'll probably close on this offer.

• mawestmawest Member Posts: 1

Got my TE 40,304 include Dest. OTD 43,350$ Boston MA

• sb2014sb2014 Member Posts: 1

@juzdoit said:
    Hi All,

I am looking to for an EX-L with RES. The cheapest quote I got was $32900 + Fees + TTL. I would like to know whether this is a good deal. I live in Boston area.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Its a good deal. I am also looking for one in boston area. can you mail me the dealer detail. Thanks

• blksndayblksnday Member Posts: 5

My very first quote for EX-L with no options from Norm Reeves in Cerritos is 31.5k included dest & handling. Plus TTL. I will check around to see if anyone can beat that.

@gc1thechan said:
    Hi all,

I am looking for an EX-L with no options in So. Ca (Orange County / LA County) areas. I would like to know if anyone has any recent experience on this. I was quote an EX-L for 32.2k but it did not say if the destination was included or not. taxes and doc fees are extra.
    I am waiting to see the 2015 and hope 2014 model will have a bigger price drop.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

31.5k? How recent was that? From my shopping, didn't think it's possible right now. I already walk out on three dealers. 31,500 with the right trade in would settle it for me now. Lowest I got was 32100 but they want to charge a 1000 worth of fees. I think August it is.
  • blksndayblksnday Member Posts: 5

31.5k for EX-L just today in Southern California. Another dealer can't beat the price but they can match and give some extra gift (1 year annual parking at Huntington Beach probably 40-50$) :)

• odyjul2014odyjul2014 Member Posts: 10

I am trying to purchase new EXL - no options ... the best deal i am getting is 32.7 + Fees + TTL . Should i wait for august ?

@blksnday said:
    31.5k for EX-L just today in Southern California. Another dealer can't beat the price but they can match and give some extra gift (1 year annual parking at Huntington Beach probably 40-50$) :)

I guess southern cali may have some sort of regional incentive if it is 31.5k including destination. Is it including destination?

@shopping201400 said:
    31.5k? How recent was that? From my shopping, didn't think it's possible right now. I already walk out on three dealers. 31,500 with the right trade in would settle it for me now. Lowest I got was 32100 but they want to charge a 1000 worth of fees. I think August it is.

You in NJ area ? The cheapest i am getting for EXL (no options) is $32,700 + Tax + Title + Doc fee ... somewhere like $34.1K OTD. I Walked out on couple of dealers on $34.5 OTD. Now i really think i should take this. Any suggestions ?

• lagvoidlagvoid Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2014

I intend to hold out until 2015's roll out. The 2014's will only get cheaper or just pick up the 2015. Haven't tried hard yet, but received offers of $34100 OTD with VA tax. Waiting on $32000 OTD as others were able to get a few months back.

@odyjul2014 said:
    You in NJ area ? The cheapest i am getting for EXL (no options) is $32,700 + Tax + Title + Doc fee ... somewhere like $34.1K OTD. I Walked out on couple of dealers on $34.5 OTD. Now i really think i should take this. Any suggestions ?

Not sure how you get 34.1K OTD with 32,700 price if you are in NJ. My OTD is different since I have a trade in. If you buy without any trade in, I imagine the math should be something like this: $32,700 + 2,289 + 322 (DMV estimate??) + $7.5 (tire) + 400 (doc) = $35,718. Just the sales tax would bump you to $35k, that would indicate that you are saving something somewhere. Mind providing some details?

@shopping201400 NJ: I live in DE so i understand my taxes will be DE which is 3.75%. Southern NJ / PA is not that far for me and much cheaper than DE. But still costlier that what I see as others paid :)

• tongshantangtongshantang Member Posts: 7

Does anyone buy EXL in Dallas area? The price I get is $33,394 + TTL. is it good ?

@srs0 said:
    Honda of Princeton, NJ

@odyjul2014 said:
    shopping201400 NJ: I live in DE so i understand my taxes will be DE which is 3.75%. Southern NJ / PA is not that far for me and much cheaper than DE. But still costlier that what I see as others paid :)

Now that we are almost at August, I think we should at least wait until August. The price can only get better unless you believe the crap some dealers throw around about lack of inventory once it gets closer to 2015 model. I don't even want to laugh when a dealer tell me it will get more expensive and not less when the 15 model comes out?

@shopping201400 NJ: I agree. I think it makes sense to wait as well. Let me see how things are next week ... I may not be able to wait all the way through September though.

I did see that Sienna was unveiled last week and will anounce the release dates soon. Hope Honda does it soon.

Odyssey sales down 18% Y2Y and 7% YTD. Come on Honda, throw us a bone to boost your sales.

2015 just announced, should be in the lots within couple of weeks. No changes to the new one.
  • jamalzarjamalzar Member Posts: 10

@shopping201400 said:
    2015 just announced, should be in the lots within couple of weeks. No changes to the new one.

According to edmunds and other sources its supposed to arrive at US dealerships tomorrow

• robertinohiorobertinohio Member Posts: 21

Anyone notice the EX-L prices jumped to $38055 and EX-L w/RES $39,655?

• touringelitetouringelite Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2014

Hi, got a lowest quote so far for a touring elite 2014 today for $39855 + TTL + $80 doc fee, extra accessories included in price is wheel locks and cargo tray. Destination is included in the price. OTD for CA they said it is $43530. This is the best price i got in northern and southern CA. They also have dealer promotions like lifetime powertrain warranty and two free oil changes and tire rotation which actually covers one year of maintenance and free car washes every saturday. Do you think i should go for it or wait. I actually asked for the all season mats and cargo mat folding as well, but they were not willing to do it. Please let me know if i can go with this price or maybe wait till end of this month. The msrp on the 2014 is $45280. Don't see much changes between 2014 and 2015. The price they said would be available only till the 8th. Please can you let me know if it is a good price. Thanks

• bbcc26bbcc26 Member Posts: 7

Hi,

can you tell me which dealer you got the quote for Elite at $39855? I'm in southern ca and looking for a elite as well. so far the lowest without options is $41.3K.

Thanks

@touringelite said:
    Hi, got a lowest quote so far for a touring elite 2014 today for $39855 + TTL + $80 doc fee, extra accessories included in price is wheel locks and cargo tray. Destination is included in the price. OTD for CA they said it is $43530. This is the best price i got in northern and southern CA. They also have dealer promotions like lifetime powertrain warranty and two free oil changes and tire rotation which actually covers one year of maintenance and free car washes every saturday. Do you think i should go for it or wait. I actually asked for the all season mats and cargo mat folding as well, but they were not willing to do it. Please let me know if i can go with this price or maybe wait till end of this month. The msrp on the 2014 is $45280. Don't see much changes between 2014 and 2015. The price they said would be available only till the 8th. Please can you let me know if it is a good price. Thanks

edited August 2014

It is in Spreen Honda and need to choose from the inventory they have. They actually matched the price from Rock Honda, should show the quote in email. So may be you can contact Rock Honda get a quote from them (normally they email the quote) and may be see if you can get price matched with your local dealer or go to Spreen Honda. They give you the price on their in stock vehicles only, otherwise it is $500 extra for the color you want. They have TE available in Black, White, Silver, Gray and Celestial Blue. My sales tax is 8% so got the OTD price for $43530. I have noticed a difference of $125 in their sales tax+license+reg compared to the DMV prices, may be they charged me for the wheel locks and cargo tray in their taxes.

yes

I do not see any reduction in 2014 prices ... and one dealer says 2015's are not excpected to be in the lots until Sep 15 and "repeats" '14 running out story

Well, I shut up the one dealer that tell me that 14 will be running out by giving them straight up facts including how many there are in the nearby dealership. Along with the fact that their inventory of Odyssey have went down a total of 1 in the past two weeks. I won't be going to them with all the pressure they are trying to put on.

At these prices, I will go with a 15 than a 14. They need some incentives to move the 14. The 14 have to be 1500 less than 15. If not now, soon. Sienna is eating them for breakfast, lunch and dinner if Honda don't act soon.
  • sg77sg77 Member Posts: 2

got my EX-L (south Jersey) 32,000 + taxes +279 doc +249 data dots + 119 week locks. total close to 34900. May not be a great deal but fault is on me for not shopping around much.

Those fees sounds like Honda of Princeton, can you confirm? Especially the doc fee since everyone else charges more. Week lock? Wheel lock? Seems like they put it on every vehicle and have customer pay for it. Confirm?
    Those prices indicates that the prices are coming down a bit from July in the New Jersey area as I couldn't get it down from the 32500 number much at all.
  • sg77sg77 Member Posts: 2

Yes. Princeton Honda. Wheel locks .yes :-) So, it sounds like mine was not a bad deal after all ?? :neutral_face:

• su_a_vesu_a_ve Member Posts: 82

Called Honda CS and they say that vehicles won't start to arrive until late August beginning of September.

Looking in the NJ area for a relative.

Regarding Princeton, in the past they would give the wheel locks for free. You can get the wheel locks from Bernardi for $58. $120 is a rip off. Doc fee used to be $197 in 2012. Looks like that went up...

@sg77 what is 'data dots' ??? And who did you talk to there? So far I can't get below $33K for an EX-L

Data dots is basically VIN etching that you heard so much about. Not sure how negotiable is that to keep it off as some dealers insist keeping them on.

@shopping201400 said:
    Data dots is basically VIN etching that you heard so much about. Not sure how negotiable is that to keep it off as some dealers insist keeping them on.

They are still doing that? Sheesh... Last time I bought a car with that I told them I didn't want it and would not pay for it.

Princeton was good - I bought an 09 Accord and then the 12 Odyssey. They had no addons for either one. The wheel locks were free. But it seems they are back to doing old antics?

Ugh...

Got a quote of $31K plus destination charge for EX-L from Sheehy Honda in Alexandria, VA. If I could get them to sell it for $31K inclusive of destination I think that would be a good price. Any thoughts?

@jamalzar - 31K including destination is definitely good price. You might have to check in VA area for other dealers if they will match or beat it

One more 'story' i was told - wheel locks and splash gaurds are installed by default. Some dealers still give it for free (kind of build into their price i guess).

@shopping201400 - If i get for 32K including destination (invoce price), i might go for it this month (bonus if they include some accessories for free).

@jamalzar said:
    Got a quote of $31K plus destination charge for EX-L from Sheehy Honda in Alexandria, VA. If I could get them to sell it for $31K inclusive of destination I think that would be a good price. Any thoughts?

Invoice is 33.4K. TMV supposed to be 33.050 for my area. But the "edmunds promise" shows $32.7K. I tested one dealer (should have picked all of them) using a fake email and got TMV. But it seems some are already getting 32K or even below 32K (destination is about $900).

Wonder if there's some hidden dealer cash floating nobody knows about, since it seems we are getting quotes of about $1200 below invoice?

Definitely sounds like some sort of hidden dealer cash. Maybe they raised the flex cash?
    Yea, same here. 32k would have me sold just not 32.5. Didn't make the trip today as Princeton didn't call me back and I didn't want to make the trip without confirming everything.
  • testpanjtestpanj Member Posts: 10

In Philadelphia area, the best quote I have gotten so far for EXL is 32.7K + 6% tax + ~250-300 TTL and for EXL w RES is 34.2K + tax +TTL. I am in no hurry to buy. The offers are valid through labor day weekend (at least I am told). Any thoughts on waiting through August to get below 32K?

I wonder though what would be considered a GOOD deal on odyssey EXLs?

edited August 2014

@testpanj said:
    In Philadelphia area, the best quote I have gotten so far for EXL is 32.7K + 6% tax + ~250-300 TTL and for EXL w RES is 34.2K + tax +TTL. I am in no hurry to buy. The offers are valid through labor day weekend (at least I am told). Any thoughts on waiting through August to get below 32K?

I wonder though what would be considered a GOOD deal on odyssey EXLs?

We've got 33075 from Doylestown. I believe we got the quote via trucar (via AAA) and that was without haggling at all. That includes destination charge. +tax/tags. doc fee we were told is fixed in PA at $133

At this point, it seems that we want to aim below 32K (including destination).

• testpanjtestpanj Member Posts: 10

33075? is that for EXL w RES?

@su_a_ve said:
    At this point, it seems that we want to aim below 32K (including destination).

In the DC area, the best quote I have received for EX-L with no option is $33,561 OTD. I am going to wail till labor day at least to see if I can get it to $32K OTD.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

@jamalzar said:
    In the DC area, the best quote I have received for EX-L with no option is $33,561 OTD. I am going to wail till labor day at least to see if I can get it to $32K OTD.

One thing to keep in mind is that the availability of the 2014's will only go down with time. You might not find the trim or color you want in 3 weeks.

Just food for thought.

And, as inventory shrinks, dealers may not be as willing to provide "great" deals, only "good" deals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited August 2014

I hear you on shrinking inventory, but don't you think Honda will have to offer new incentives on 2014's to make room for 2015's?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

@jamalzar said:

I hear you on shrinking inventory, but don't you think Honda will have to offer new incentives on 2014's to make room for 2015's?

Not if there aren't many left on the dealer lots.

I'm not saying a better deal is out there, I'm just saying that if you wait for the 'perfect' deal, you may not get it and the window will be closed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Then it'll be an easy decision to buy the 15 comparatively. This whole inventory theory is just weird. Unless they don't want to sell they will make sure there is enough to meet demand whether it be 14 or 15. 15 is basically the same van so if they don't run a incentive on the 14, they will on a 15 which is highly unlikely. They need to if they don't want to be outsold by the Sienna by the end of the year. Remember, Sienna is only 250 short as of July. They already can't say that they are "The America's Best Selling Minivan" like last year due to Town and Country and Caravan, do they really want Toyota to use the "outselling the Odyssey" this year as a selling point for the Sienna.

Unless you are aiming for a rare color like the blue that they are taking away, I say it is a good chance they have to run Something and Anything soon.

@shopping201400 said:
    Then it'll be an easy decision to buy the 15 comparatively. This whole inventory theory is just weird. Unless they don't want to sell they will make sure there is enough to meet demand whether it be 14 or 15. 15 is basically the same van so if they don't run a incentive on the 14, they will on a 15 which is highly unlikely. They need to if they don't want to be outsold by the Sienna by the end of the year. Remember, Sienna is only 250 short as of July. They already can't say that they are "The America's Best Selling Minivan" like last year due to Town and Country and Caravan, do they really want Toyota to use the "outselling the Odyssey" this year as a selling point for the Sienna.

Unless you are aiming for a rare color like the blue that they are taking away, I say it is a good chance they have to run Something and Anything soon.

I'm with you. Waiting on 32K OTD like others were able to get back in April/May with incentives. If not, I'll just hold off until the 15's flood the lot.

@jamalzar said:

Do you mind sharing which dealer offered you that price? Thanks