Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You have to watch the promos though - some are downsizing to 4 quart offers, even in the jugs.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    hmmm.. well, pretty good for 5 qts. But then I'd have to go to wal-mart. :sick:

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

These things are getting cheap. This one isn't even a refurb.

TomTom - XL 340M LIVE 4.3" GPS with Lifetime Map Updates. $59.99 at BestBuy and free shipping. A newer version is $104 at Amazon.

linky
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    This GPS is older than the VIA that was the first one at Best Buy. I'm torn about buying one of these XL Live series. It has the free map updates and the lane guidance.

I was hoping for another VIA--GO, VIA, START are the 3 current series as I read the TOMTOM homepages. I bought the earlier VIA at 59$ and like it. Especially that it uses a different computer interface homepage called MyTomTom from my two XL units with no map updates. I think the earlier one is TomTom Home.

Decisions.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Not that I'd ever stand a chance to win in the first place and I would rarely use the kit in the second place, even if I were gifted one. ;)

That's just a screen shot; go to this link for live links:

EDMUNDS.COM #WASHME CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
    Double your rebate promotion at Discount Tire through July 8.
  • cadillacmikecadillacmike Member Posts: 543
    Exactly. The time wasted waiting in line will exceed your savings.
  • ohenryxohenryx Member Posts: 285
    I just saw this over on slickdeals:

Advance Auto Parts offers $50 Off $125 when you apply promo code "DOW28" at checkout. Shipping is free if you spend $75+ or you may select free in-store pick up to save on shipping. Offer valid now through 07/13/13.
    edited July 2013
    Probably illegal in every state and DC, but I'm a sucker for cheap Meritline junk.

Waterproof Car LED Light Strips, PVC Flexible Lights

$2.49, Was:$4.99 Save:$2.50 (50.10%). Free shipping. 5 different colors.

Don't ask me how you hook them up, lol.

May as well pick up an FM transmitter MP3 player for your old beater too; mine's still working after a whole year.
    Universal fit, gray or tan. No grommet holes - "non-slip backing".

WeatherHandler Deluxe 4pc Carpet Floor Mat Set (Sears)
    edited July 2013
    Sylvania Dual Screen Car DVD Player w/Two 7" Displays (1saleaday.com)

Comes with headrest mounts, remote control, adapters and headphone jacks.

Refurbished, 90 day warranty (just long enough to get you through your summer road trip with the kids at least. :) )

$49.99. Free shipping.
    I like contests with few pain points. So here's one for winning a Ford Fiesta ST.

Octane Academy No Skills Required Sweepstakes
    PepBoys is offering a Coleman Garage Utility Kit for $15.90, usually $49.99. Lots of hooks.

Free pickup in store.
    Police auction of Crown Vics in Naperville IL.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    Funny that I live one suburb away from Naperville but heard about the auction here.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    edited October 2013
    Need to take notes as you text on your commute? Here's just the thing. :shades:

AWP Passenger Seat Mobile Office

Currently marked down by 50% so your cost is $4.98, if you can find one in stock at your local Lowes. Otherwise I suppose you could have it shipped, but that pretty much kills the deal.
    edited October 2013
    $15 value. Expires 11/2/13.

pdf file

Usual disclaimers about not being able to get your lug nuts off if they don't use a torque wrench when tightening the lugs.
    Via FatWallet, free 1 year subscription to Car And Driver from Mercury Magazines. Use this link and ignore the popup $2 additional magazine offer at the end by closing the popup.
    Not sure if a digital mag is better than just going to the webpage but here you go:

Get Motor Trend Digital For Free
    edited November 2013
    Today only. Lightweight Rhino ramps $29.99 at Kmart. Save $15.

RhinoGear Rhino Ramps

Not in stock at every store. No shipping option for this item.
    Freebizmag

Have to "qualify".

U480 OBDII CAN-BUS Check Engine Auto Scanner Trouble Code Reader

From Newegg.com. Regular price $49.99, on sale for $15.49. Free shipping. Expires 1/6/14.

So-so reviews, but cheap!

edited January 2014

Heated windshield washer system $22.61 shipped from eBay. "Usual" price is $39.

Tempting, since it's heading for -7 °F tonight.

link

Meguiars Ultimate Car Care Kit with Trunk Organizer

$19.99 ($40 off). In store pickup at Sears only, no shipping.

Test-drive any new Kia by March 31, 2014, and receive a $25 Kia Visa Prepaid Card while supplies last. Check the link for details, limited supply.

Kia Test Drive Offer

Free Kindle book at Amazon:

Exposed: Auto Repair's Dirty Little Secrets to Rip You Off!: Catch Dishonest Mechanics and Beat Them at Their Own Game!

linky

The free book promos are usually short lived. 84 pages (and probably just the same stuff you read here, but what the hey, it's "free").

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

I downloaded it for free on Kindle, so it still seems to be available. Book review forthcoming!

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312

@stever said:
    Free Kindle book at Amazon:

Exposed: Auto Repair's Dirty Little Secrets to Rip You Off!: Catch Dishonest Mechanics and Beat Them at Their Own Game!

linky

The free book promos are usually short lived. 84 pages (and probably just the same stuff you read here, but what the hey, it's "free").

Post it in the "Mechanics's Life" topic, we'll see if the Doctor is in... :D

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

He's been "working" over on Edmunds Answers lately.

No bargains lately (I've been selling junk and packing to move and quit "shopping"). But saw this:

Craftsman Programmable Digital Tire Gauge

Pick up at K-Mart or free shipping. $12.99. Regular price is $26.99, a savings of $14.00).

Currently there is a BOGO deal on 12 oz. or 20 oz bottles of Techron at Advance Auto...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

@roadburner said:
    Currently there is a BOGO deal on 12 oz. or 20 oz bottles of Techron at Advance Auto...

Good stuff, I think.

I use it every 3,000 miles in the Mazda and the X3.

Free Two Year Subscription to Road & Track. Have to fill out a survey.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953

This deal is gone now...too bad!!! :(

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Keep checking links (like fatwallet.com) - those deals come back pretty frequently.

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

Is it OK for me to post this?

I just bought an A/C compressor (which I didn't really need), an A/C condenser, a new master cylinder and new front struts for 750.00! Delivery no charge and no sales tax from buyautoparts.com. The Honda tech that installed the parts could not believe the price or the quality. I had been quoted 2100.00 for the parts alone from an Indy Shop.

Saved 800.00 on the labor charges too.

Gee, you messed up. You could have spammed us with their affiliate link and gotten an 8% commission on anyone's orders who clicked on your link.

Birddog fees like that tell me you paid 8% too much. :D

Well, I do try to play by the rules here and I knew better than to post a link.

This company is out of San Diego and receives five star reviews constantly.

@sandman_6472 said:
    This deal is gone now...too bad!!! :(

I don't know if you mean the subscription or the Techron... O'Reilly regularly has the Techron Fuel System Cleaner buy one get one.

I have owned a lot of cars with fuel injection and I have never, once had a clogged injector nor have I ever used any kind of an additive.

Have I just been lucky or what?

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    edited July 2014

The last time I checked, O'Reillys was doing this for the small jug of Techron (buy one get one). Doing the math, I found it was cheaper per ounce to just buy the larger jug at WalMart. Or, better yet, buy the 6 pack at Sam's Club. The stuff doesn't go bad.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica

@isellhondas , oh, most links are just fine except those obvious ones where people are just posting to line their own pockets.

Mostly I wonder if people will ever catch on that buying from a site that offers a kickback for a referral really means that the company could just lower their price and save us all from the game playing. Birddog fees are pretty common in the car biz. And if I go to buy a car why should I have to pay more than the guy with, say, the USAA membership, or a Costco deal? Just cut out the middlemen and give me the lowest price up front....

Cadillac Test-Drive Program Earns American Airlines AAdvantage Miles

The program kicks off later this month at U.S. Cadillac dealerships. GM said more information about the new program will be available soon.
    "Sign up now to experience the BMW i3 for a couple of days, even a weekend, and discover an electric vehicle that finally performs like a BMW."

BMW i3 Extended Test Drive Program
  • henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    Interesting. If I thought I would fit in that thing, I might sign up for a weekend test. Of course, I couldn't go very far over the weekend, so I supposed it would be pointless.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Just did...after having got the wife a new Audi A3 last night, I'm liking it so much that I might just move up a bit sooner than I thought even though my 2014 model is just 1 year old. It's nice and all but wasn't my first choice and now I'm getting a bit bored shall we say. I want more lux and should've gone that route to start with...looking back, that Lexus 200CTh was pretty sweet with the right amount of lux and a hybrid to boot. Not sure I want to wait another four years until the bumper to bumper ends.

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    stever said:
    Costs to much, Id have to buy a Kindle :@

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    @stever, Thanks! I just downloaded it. It might be a while before I read it, considering the unread book queue. :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert