Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• supraturbo320supraturbo320 Member Posts: 34

Hi, Could I get the June numbers for Altima 2.5 SL in NJ for 36 mos for both 12k and 15 miles? Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056

@supraturbo320 said:
    Hi, Could I get the June numbers for Altima 2.5 SL in NJ for 36 mos for both 12k and 15 miles? Thanks!

36/15 - 53% and .00003

Add 2% for 12K per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• adamtennisadamtennis Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2014

Hi, I am in southeast FL. Are the June numbers for the Altima 2.5 SL the same as in the previous post? (36/15 - 53% and .00003 and +2% for 12K) If not, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post the June #s for southeast FL.
    Thanks!

@adamtennis said:
    Hi, I am in southeast FL. Are the June numbers for the Altima 2.5 SL the same as in the previous post? (36/15 - 53% and .00003 and +2% for 12K) If not, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post the June #s for southeast FL.
    Thanks!

the Nissan numbers are national. no changes from what was quoted above.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks! One last question ... are those numbers the same for both the 2015 and 2014 models? If not, can you please provide the #'s for the 2014s as well. Thank you!

@adamtennis said:
    Thanks! One last question ... are those numbers the same for both the 2015 and 2014 models? If not, can you please provide the #'s for the 2014s as well. Thank you!

We don't yet have any 2015 numbers from Nissan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Okay - thank you!

• alfred16alfred16 Member Posts: 1

I would like to lease nissan 2014 SL with tech pkg. for 8k miles 36 months.
    Is this doable? Also what is rv and mf for 8k/36 and 10k/36. Thanks

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,182

@alfred16 said:
    I would like to lease nissan 2014 SL with tech pkg. for 8k miles 36 months.
    Is this doable? Also what is rv and mf for 8k/36 and 10k/36. Thanks

2.5 SL? .00003 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr, which is the lowest mileage allowance that Nissan offers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• skankinageskankinage Member Posts: 20

I know it's early but hoping to get July numbers for a 2014 SL with tech- 36mo/12k along with any incentives. Thanks to all who put this information up on these boards!

Forgot to say the 2.5 engine on my above comment.

@skankinage said:
    I know it's early but hoping to get July numbers for a 2014 2.5 SL with tech- 36mo/12k along with any incentives. Thanks to all who put this information up on these boards!

.00003 MF and 53% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx! Residual looks like it dropped quite a bit from previous months if I'm correct.

• supraturbo320supraturbo320 Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2014

Hi, Could I get the July numbers for both 2014 Altima 2.5 SL & 2015 Altima 2.5 SL in NJ for 36 mos for both 12k and 15 miles? Thanks!

Looks like the residuals have dropped 2% from around April. There were great deals then, not so much now it seems?

I know there is holiday bonus cash now thru July 7th:
    MY14/15 Altima 4-cyl SV and SL = $500...
    MY14/15 Altima V6 = $1,000

@supraturbo320 said:
    Hi, Could I get the July numbers for both 2014 Altima 2.5 SL & 2015 Altima 2.5 SL in NJ for 36 mos for both 12k and 15 miles? Thanks!

Looks like the residuals have dropped 2% from around April. There were great deals then, not so much now it seems?

I know there is holiday bonus cash now thru July 7th:
    MY14/15 Altima 4-cyl SV and SL = $500
    MY14/15 Altima V6 = $1,000

2015 - 57% and .00122. Add 2% for 12K

2014 - 52% and .00003. Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• frankynjfrankynj Member Posts: 11

Hello,

I am looking to lease the 2014 SL because of the 8 way power seats. The 2015 SV comes standard with 8 way power seats, but there are no incentives. I looking to be under $300/month (ideally $265/month) (without cap cost reduction of course). Is this is possible? I can pay the inception fees up front (DMV, bank fee, doc fees). I am in NJ. One question is, how to negotiate the selling price of the car being leased? As you know, car dealers always ask what monthly payment you are after.
    Thanks

@frankynj said:
    Hello,

I am looking to lease the 2014 SL because of the 8 way power seats. The 2015 SV comes standard with 8 way power seats, but there are no incentives. I looking to be under $300/month (ideally $265/month) (without cap cost reduction of course). Is this is possible? I can pay the inception fees up front (DMV, bank fee, doc fees). I am in NJ. One question is, how to negotiate the selling price of the car being leased? As you know, car dealers always ask what monthly payment you are after.
    Thanks

You negotiate the best selling price just like you would for a purchase. Use the shopping tools at the top of the page to help.

Once you've obtained that price, come on back with that number - and the MSRP, lease term and miles per year - and we will help you determine the correct payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    Once you've obtained that price, come on back with that number - and the MSRP, lease term and miles per year - and we will help you determine the correct payment.

The car salesman will put that "4 sqaures" sheet on the desk and ask what monthly payment I am looking for. Should I not answer the monthly payment question and discuss selling price immediately? Car dealerships are a stressful place and my plan of attack gets compromised.

• mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61

I've been looking for a altima for my mother and reading theses posts is good and bad. I see a lot of guys and gals getting very decent deals on a altima however i leased a fully loaded maxima three years ago for $327 and $600 out of pocket and now that deal could be even better, not to mention my lease is up and looking at a Infiniti x50 I've gotten offers for mid 300 range with little money down so what I'm trying to say is for almost the same price as a altima you could get a luxury car hence why everyone these days is driving a Mercedes or Infiniti but to each his own. Also kudos to kyfdx because he is very intuitive and helpful with his knowledge that has provided me with the ability to get a great deal on a lease.

• raj070raj070 Member Posts: 11
    I have got a lease offer on Altima 36/12k for msrp 26500, I think the residual is 53% and don't know the money factor. It is fully loaded sl model getting it for 320 with 0 down. Please let me know if this deal is good.

@raj070 said:
    I have got a lease offer on Altima 36/12k for msrp 26500, I think the residual is 53% and don't know the money factor. It is fully loaded sl model getting it for 320 with 0 down. Please let me know if this deal is good.

53% is the residual; .00003 is the base MF. What is the negotiated selling price? Without that, we cannot evaluate your deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2014
    null

The selling price was 26500 ( msrp was 30,500 ).

@raj070 said:
    null

The selling price was 26500 ( msrp was 30,500 ).

I calculate a pre-tax payment of $288.36 with those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michael, with 7% NJ tax, doc fee, etc.. 320 sounds like a good deal... Isn't that right?

@raj070 said:
    Thanks Michael, with 7% NJ tax, doc fee, etc.. 320 sounds like a good deal... Isn't that right?

NJ calculates all the sales tax for the lease up front - can either be paid up front or added into the cap cost. Monthly payment not taxed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• appingaappinga Member Posts: 30

I am looking at a 2014 Altima 2.5 SV sedan. Can you give me the MF and residuals for a 24 month 10k & 12k per year lease and for a 36 month 10k and 12k per year lease. I am in the Atlanta, Georgia area if that affects the rates.

@appinga said:
    I am looking at a 2014 Altima 2.5 SV sedan. Can you give me the MF and residuals for a 24 month 10k & 12k per year lease and for a 36 month 10k and 12k per year lease. I am in the Atlanta, Georgia area if that affects the rates.

24/12 - 63%

36/12 - 56%

Add 1% for 10K. .00003 MF for all.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• appingaappinga Member Posts: 30

Is there any lease cash or only the $2000 customer cash ($1500 + $500 NMAC)?

@appinga said:
    Is there any lease cash or only the $2000 customer cash ($1500 + $500 NMAC)?

No lease cash that I'm aware of.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hello,

When will the 2015 incentives come out?

@frankynj said:
    Hello,

When will the 2015 incentives come out?

We have MF and RV numbers for the 2015 Altima.

What engine, trim level, lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    What engine, trim level, lease term and miles per year?

SV with conv package, 4 cyl, 12k/36 month. Is it worth getting the 2015?

@frankynj said:
    SV with conv package, 4 cyl, 12k/36 month. Is it worth getting the 2015?

.00003 MF and 55% residual.

The 2015 lease payment will likely be a lot more than the 2014.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    The 2015 lease payment will likely be a lot more than the 2014.

About how much more for the 2015? I know the money factor is not great on the 2015, but residual is higher. Do you think a great lease deal is possible for the 2014 2.5 SL assuming dealers are eager to push the outgoing models?

@frankynj said:
    About how much more for the 2015? I know the money factor is not great on the 2015, but residual is higher. Do you think a great lease deal is possible for the 2014 2.5 SL assuming dealers are eager to push the outgoing models?

Probably $75/mo. more for the 2015, this month...

On the 2014, the SL residual is 2% lower than the SV, so definitely more money to lease..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• capcocapco Member Posts: 26

Lease quote in NC: 2014 Altima 2.5S, cap cost $22,478, residual 56%, MF 0.0003, 36 mth term, 12000 mileage limit with $0.15/mi over limit. $2,499 due at signing which includes 1st month pmt of $189. Doc fee quoted as 495 and tags 69.
    Does this all sound right for the Nissan incentive advertised for $189/mth/36 mths?

@capco said:
    Lease quote in NC: 2014 Altima 2.5S, cap cost $22,478, residual 56%, MF 0.0003, 36 mth term, 12000 mileage limit with $0.15/mi over limit. $2,499 due at signing which includes 1st month pmt of $189. Doc fee quoted as 495 and tags 69.
    Does this all sound right for the Nissan incentive advertised for $189/mth/36 mths?

It does, except we would recommend against making such a large down payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

can you tell me what a reasonable down payment would be? Would that increase my monthly payment or should I negotiate this in the cap cost?

@capco said:
    can you tell me what a reasonable down payment would be? Would that increase my monthly payment or should I negotiate this in the cap cost?

Ideally, you should not put any money down, for the reasons stated above. The only out of pocket money should be for the first payment, taxes and fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

^ and even taxes should be rolled into the payment. Same rationale, if car lost you don't lose all that money. Plus most attractive leases have extremely low interest rate (money factor) so you add little in financing cost. I always lease with only first month and DMV fees at signing.

Good point

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

When do August MF/Residual rates come out? I am in negotiation with a dealer from out of state for a 2014 Altima and can't get to their dealership until first week of August. Any estimate if MF/Residual will rise or drop?

@rbirns1 said:
    ^ and even taxes should be rolled into the payment. Same rationale, if car lost you don't lose all that money. Plus most attractive leases have extremely low interest rate (money factor) so you add little in financing cost. I always lease with only first month and DMV fees at signing.

Can you explain how taxes are calculated and rolled into payment on lease? I was told by one dealer this is required in NC and another said I could pay up front. I'm buying out of state (moving from NY to NC next week) so trying to do most of my negotiations on-line and by phone.

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

It varies by state. Either tax is added to each payment, or the entire tax is payable up front. Some states tax the entire purchase price of the vehicle, but more commonly it's the sum of all monthly tax amounts. If your lease payment is $200 for 36 months, and tax rate is 5%, your tax would be $10 x 36. That $360 total would be payable up front. You can add that amount to your cap cost (the amount financed), which will increase your payments accordingly. You are essentially financing (borrowing) the total tax and paying it monthly.

@capco said:
    When do August MF/Residual rates come out? I am in negotiation with a dealer from out of state for a 2014 Altima and can't get to their dealership until first week of August. Any estimate if MF/Residual will rise or drop?

The existing Nissan numbers expire on 7/31; we hope to receive the August numbers in the first few days of the month. No idea as to whether the numbers will go up, down or stay the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@kyfdx said:
    On the 2014, the SL residual is 2% lower than the SV, so definitely more money to lease..

When will the money factor for the 2015 come down?

@frankynj said:
    When will the money factor for the 2015 come down?

We have 2015 Altima lease numbers available - what trim, lease term and miles per year are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2014

@Michaell said: We have 2015 Altima lease numbers available - what trim, lease term and miles per year are you looking for?

2015 2.5SV (with convience package), 12K/36months. My concern is the not so great money factor, will be paying too much rent charge as compared to the 2014. Is it correct to say, the 2015 money factor will be like the 2014 when 2014 inventories are depleted?

@frankynj said:
    2015 2.5SV (with convience package), 12K/36months. My concern is the not so great money factor, will be paying too much rent charge as compared to the 2014. Is it correct to say, the 2015 money factor will be like the 2014 when 2014 inventories are depleted?

.00122 MF and 58% residual.

No one knows, except Nissan sales executives, what the future holds for 2015 Altima lease numbers. It could vary according to how well they are selling. The only thing we know for sure is what the numbers are, right now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator