Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Dodge Durango Lease Questions

Comments

• bigblockc3bigblockc3 Member Posts: 141

Info provided here is GREAT! Okay, we're now looking at a Durango Limited (AWD), V6... Need MF & Residual for 10K miles over 36 months. May grab this one today if the deal holds true. THANKS! GEO

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@bigblockc3 said:
    Info provided here is GREAT! Okay, we're now looking at a Durango Limited (AWD), V6... Need MF & Residual for 10K miles over 36 months. May grab this one today if the deal holds true. THANKS! GEO

.00015 and 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jblpsychedjblpsyched Member Posts: 15

Hi, can I please have the current MF and residual for a 2014 SXT AWD leased for 36 months at 12K miles per year? Also would you expect that if I wait a month or two for 2015 models to arrive that I might get a better deal on a new 2014? Thanks!

@jblpsyched said:
    Hi, can I please have the current MF and residual for a 2014 SXT AWD leased for 36 months at 12K miles per year? Also would you expect that if I wait a month or two for 2015 models to arrive that I might get a better deal on a new 2014? Thanks!

What state is this for? Chrysler has given us regional numbers for July.

As far as getting a better deal on a 2014, that may be true with regards to the selling price, but the residual and MF may be affected, and not to your benefit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Iowa

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,793

@jblpsyched said:
    Iowa

For some reason, the SXT doesn't have a supported lease from Chrysler Financial for July.. Every other model has reasonable lease terms.. .but, not the SXT

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

So does that mean I should wait until August or what do you recommend?

@jblpsyched said:
    So does that mean I should wait until August or what do you recommend?

They didn't have one last month, either... Can you pick a different trim line? SXT Plus? Limited, R/T or Citadel?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

SXT Plus

Can you please provide MF & Residual for a Durango AWD, Ltd with V6... 12K miles for 24 months... THANKS! GF

@bigblockc3 said:
    Can you please provide MF & Residual for a Durango AWD, Ltd with V6... 12K miles for 24 months... THANKS! GF

.00017 MF and 60%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@jblpsyched said:
    SXT Plus

2014 SXT Plus AWD, 36mo, 12K/yr:

.00024 MF and 52% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

THANK YOU!!!

thank you very much.

So I am negotiating my best lease deal for 36 mos/12K miles per year on a 2014 Durango SXT plus AWD w/Customer Package 23B, Popular Equipment Group, Tow package, and 8.4" touchscreen. MSRP=$37,975, Actual Sales Price after rebates/discounts=$34,475, Value of my trade-in (2002 Merc Mountaineer)=$1500. The dealer has agreed to include all fees and sales tax into the monthly payment of $435 but is insisting that the first monthly payment be made at the time of signing. I confirmed that this is the actual first monthly payment and not a nickname for another fee--in other words there will be only 35 payments left on the 36 month lease. My question: is this a trick of some sort or should I legitimately view the first payment due at signing as non-negotiable (for this dealer at least) and reasonable?

@jblpsyched said:
    So I am negotiating my best lease deal for 36 mos/12K miles per year on a 2014 Durango SXT plus AWD w/Customer Package 23B, Popular Equipment Group, Tow package, and 8.4" touchscreen. MSRP=$37,975, Actual Sales Price after rebates/discounts=$34,475, Value of my trade-in (2002 Merc Mountaineer)=$1500. The dealer has agreed to include all fees and sales tax into the monthly payment of $435 but is insisting that the first monthly payment be made at the time of signing. I confirmed that this is the actual first monthly payment and not a nickname for another fee--in other words there will be only 35 payments left on the 36 month lease. My question: is this a trick of some sort or should I legitimately view the first payment due at signing as non-negotiable (for this dealer at least) and reasonable?

First payments are almost always due at signing, so you would then have 35 payments remaining on your lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the reply. So now I've got a dilemma: we've agreed on the terms/price/trade-in value described in my last message, and the dealer agreed to 52% residual value and MF=0.00024 but they are insisting on a $435 monthly payment. When I enter these same figures into the Edmunds lease calculator the payment comes out to be $406. If their math doesn't add up (which means they are hiding something?) then is it worth my time to try to point this out and get them to reduce the payment or should I just take this to mean they are dishonest and move on to another dealer?

@jblpsyched said:
    Thanks for the reply. So now I've got a dilemma: we've agreed on the terms/price/trade-in value described in my last message, and the dealer agreed to 52% residual value and MF=0.00024 but they are insisting on a $435 monthly payment. When I enter these same figures into the Edmunds lease calculator the payment comes out to be $406. If their math doesn't add up (which means they are hiding something?) then is it worth my time to try to point this out and get them to reduce the payment or should I just take this to mean they are dishonest and move on to another dealer?

Using your MSRP and selling price from the previous message with the 52% residual and .00024 MF, I get a pre-tax payment of $422.12 for 36 months. 7% sales tax takes the payment to $451.67 - spot on with the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

At the risk of appearing dense on a Friday afternoon, I'm not following you. The capitalized cost=34,475, the trade-in value=1500, the residual value=19,747, and for 36 mos at 12K miles per year I get monthly payment of $406. Am I missing something somewhere? How did you come up with a pre-tax amount when the dealer included sales tax? And the dealer came up with $435 (not $451.67)??? Thank you in advance for helping me understand this.

@jblpsyched said:
    At the risk of appearing dense on a Friday afternoon, I'm not following you. The capitalized cost=34,475, the trade-in value=1500, the residual value=19,747, and for 36 mos at 12K miles per year I get monthly payment of $406. Am I missing something somewhere? How did you come up with a pre-tax amount when the dealer included sales tax? And the dealer came up with $435 (not $451.67)??? Thank you in advance for helping me understand this.

You aren't following me because I was going in the wrong direction :-)

I didn't take into account the $1500 trade equity. When I reduce the net cap cost to $32,975, I get a pre-tax payment of $380.16 and a post-tax (7%) payment of $406.70.

Ask the dealer to show you how the trade is affecting the cap cost. You and I are on the same page now - we just need to get the dealer there, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I feel better now--the question is whether or not it's realistic to get them to show me the math and be honest about it! Only time will tell--and it should be soon! Thank you again.

@jblpsyched said:
    I feel better now--the question is whether or not it's realistic to get them to show me the math and be honest about it! Only time will tell--and it should be soon! Thank you again.

Lots of Dodge dealers out there for you to work with if you don't feel comfortable with this one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can I run my current situation/offer by you? My local dealer is offering a 2014 Dodge Durango SXT AWD optioned as I prefer for:

MSRP 37,975
    Agreed upon selling price: 34,475
    Trade-in value: 1500
    This leaves a net cap cost of 32,975

His additional fees are:
    Acquisition fee $595
    License $342
    Title $25
    Lien $10
    Document $199
    Tax $789

Residual (52%)=19,747
    Money Factor=0.00024

When I enter these figures into the Edmunds.com lease calculator I come up a monthly payment of $465 (obviously not a good deal) and have been double checking my math for days in order to be ready to negotiate.

The dealer claims that all of the above-listed fees are included in his offer of a monthly payment of $435 based on the same residual % and money factor. He says all I need to pay at the time of signing is the first month's lease payment ($435). Tax, registration, everything else is included, he says. I don't even need to go down to the DMV.

I can't make his math work in the lease calculator no matter how hard I try, but in the end a $435 monthly payment is the equivalent to a net cap cost of 33,935. Even though I don't understand how he gets to that figure (and it appears to be almost $1000 higher than the figure I thought we had agreed on) his offer appears reasonable to me. But it is likely I've stared at this for too long and may be missing something, especially since I can't make his math match up with mine.

What do you think?

The math works perfectly for me.. If I add those fees/taxes on to the net cap cost of $32,975, I get a new CAP cost of $34,935, and a payment of $435/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• liljaden11liljaden11 Member Posts: 21

MF/RES for Durango RT 24mos/12&15K lease...thank you

I appreciate your help. From your recent experience would you say that's a good deal?

@liljaden11 said:
    MF/RES for Durango RT 24mos/12&15K lease...thank you

What state is this for? We have regional numbers for Chrysler this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Sorry, NJ

Can you provide me the MF/res for Limited as well, 24mos 12K/15K NJ...thanks

@liljaden11 said:
    MF/RES for Durango RT 24mos/12&15K lease...thank you. NJ. Limited as well.

RT 24/15 - .00031 and 60%

Ltd 24/15 - .00017 and 59%

Add 1% for 12k

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can I ask you (and your readers) to tell me if you think this is a good deal:

2014 Durango SXT AWD w/8.4" touchscreen, trailer hitch, back-up camera/parking assist, and heated front seats.

MSRP: $37,975
    Agreed upon selling price: $34,475
    Trade-in value on my '02 Merc Mountaineer w/139K miles: $1500
    $0 other down payment

Dealer's additional fees:
    Acquisition fee $595
    License $342
    Title $25
    Lien $10
    Document $199
    Tax $789

Residual (52%)=$19,747
    Money Factor=0.00024

First monthly payment ($435) due at signing
    Monthly payment: $435

Thank you in advance for your input and opinion.

• 5spot5spot Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2014

Please could you comment; I have tier1 credit but have been quoted MF of 0.00068 (52% over 36Mths @ 12k) on SXT-Rallye AWD, this seems too high? am Central CA BTW.

@5spot said:
    I have tier1 credit but have been quoted MF of 0.00068 (52% over 36Mths @ 12k) on SXT-Rallye, this seems too high? Central CA based BTW.

Nope, the SXT doesn't have any lease support from Chrysler this month, so I would expect to see a pretty high MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    Nope, the SXT doesn't have any lease support from Chrysler this month, so I would expect to see a pretty high MF.

Thank you for the swift response Michaell...

So an SXT + Rallye + .... does not constitute an SXT Plus? I was under the impression that the SXT Plus was supported? was it last month? or at all recently?

Thank you again.

OK, now super confused because I just got quoted 0.00024 against almost exact same model/spec... for same term/mileage (36/12k)????? and this was from a dealer less than 50 miles from the first.

I just completed my 36 mos./12K miles per year lease deal on a 2014 SXT AWD and ended up with a great deal so if you want any info please let me know.

@5spot said:

Ah, I see the error of my ways. SXT+ has a base MF of .00024 this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

They were unable to find the requisite Durango on time for month's end. They expect to locate by next week. When do you think you'll have the info on residuals, money factors and all incentives for the month of August? Thanks once again for offering AMAZING service!!!

@bigblockc3 said:
    They were unable to find the requisite Durango on time for month's end. They expect to locate by next week. When do you think you'll have the info on residuals, money factors and all incentives for the month of August? Thanks once again for offering AMAZING service!!!

The Chrysler numbers expire on 8/4, so I would expect to see the new numbers sometime next week. Can't say when, exactly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dxxtdxxtdxxtdxxt Member Posts: 3

Can I get figures for 2014 Durango Limited AWD with 3.6 liter engine for 36 months and 12,000 miles in Michigan?

@dxxtdxxt said:
    Can I get figures for 2014 Durango Limited AWD with 3.6 liter engine for 36 months and 12,000 miles in Michigan?

.00015 and 51%.

The above numbers expire today; we should hopefully get the new Chrysler numbers tomorrow.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nycstickdrivernycstickdriver Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014

curious what the numbers and incentives are for this month. I just picked up in NY my Durango limited awd with Nav pwr lift gate, security/convenience package and pwr sunroof with a sticker of 43,100. with agreed value of 40,344 I received incentive reduction of 3000, lease terms are 36months with 10k miles with 0 down, taxes in payments i am paying 475 monthly with 1260 dollars payed to drive it away. No buyers remorse, just curious if I would have waited for the new program would have I won or lost. Thanks

Just checking back to see if Augusts numbers are available to you as of yet? Actually leasing two (2) Durangos. Can you please provide MFs & Residuals for the following scenarios? First, is for an 2014 Dodge Durango R/T AWD... Need MF & Residual for a 24 and 36 month lease both with a 10,000 mile allowance. Second is for a 2014 Dodge Durango Limited, AWD / V6... Need MF & Residual for a 24 and 36 month lease both with a '12,000' mile allowance... THANKS!

@bigblockc3 said:
    Just checking back to see if Augusts numbers are available to you as of yet? Actually leasing two (2) Durangos. Can you please provide MFs & Residuals for the following scenarios? First, is for an 2014 Dodge Durango R/T AWD... Need MF & Residual for a 24 and 36 month lease both with a 10,000 mile allowance. Second is for a 2014 Dodge Durango Limited, AWD / V6... Need MF & Residual for a 24 and 36 month lease both with a '12,000' mile allowance... THANKS!

Sorry, we are still waiting on the new numbers from Chrysler.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@bigblockc3 said:

R/T AWD: .00031 MF and 62% residual, .00026 MF and 52% residual.

Limited AWD: .00017 MF and 60% residual. .00015 MF and 50% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited August 2014

Can you please confirm those numbers above? The dealer advised that the Limited AWD (V6) with 12K miles p/y (36 months) has a 51% Residual and 10K for the SAME vehicle has a 52% Residual. MF appears correct... Just need to confirm all the numbers advised above... *THANKS!

@bigblockc3 said:
    Can you please confirm those numbers above? The dealer advised that the Limited AWD (V6) with 12K miles p/y (36 months) has a 51% Residual and 10K for the SAME vehicle has a 52% Residual. MF appears correct... Just need to confirm all the numbers advised above... *THANKS!

Your dealer is correct... The Chrysler docs are in very small print, with very many rows... ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Okay, thanks for confirming... What about the R/T numbers? Are the MFs and Residuals correct as advised above on August 6th? Thanks! ;)

@bigblockc3 said:
    Okay, thanks for confirming... What about the R/T numbers? Are the MFs and Residuals correct as advised above on August 6th? Thanks! ;)

I confirm the following is accurate:

R/T AWD:

24 months/10K - .00031 MF and 62% residual,

36 months/10K - .00026 MF and 52% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ceee5ceee5 Member Posts: 15
    Hello... I am looking for a durango with the Rallye appearance. Can I please get numbers for a SXT with Rallye appearance and a limited with Rallye appearance @ 12k miles for 36 months. Also which durango model has the best offers out now ? Out of every model ? Thanks in advanced.
This discussion has been closed.