Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• firstimeinfifirstimeinfi Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2014

Hi guys,

I am looking at EX-L AWD with no navi for my mom.

I was wondering how much I should aim for.

I live in NJ.

Thank you,

• ashopperashopper Member Posts: 8

Hi all,
    I am in Northern Virginia area. My dealer has quoted me a price of $26,645 for Honda EX-L AWD CR-V ( no nav, no rear entertainment system) . Their processing fee is $499 which is high. That aside , is the price good ? I can negotiate on the processing fee for a couple of hundred dollars.
    Thanks.

• ashopperashopper Member Posts: 8

Sorry, the quote is $26,845 .

• regerxregerx Member Posts: 23

I am in Maryland and negotiated a price OTD of $26,800 for a CR-V EX-L AWD (OTD) along with the cargo tray, wheel locks, splash guards, door edge guard, and pinstriping. We are closing tomorrow so I will update as to the final price

Bought CR-V AWD EX-L today. Total OTD price exclusive of TTR was as negotiated $26,800. Had the dealer include at no cost the cargo tray, splash guards, door edge guards, nitrogen tires, wheel locks and pin striping. Price went like this MSRP $28945, Protection Package $995, total price $29940 + 830 Destination and + 300 Processing fee left a total price of $31,070 - negotiated discount of $4270 brought us back to our out the door price of $26,800 or ~7.5% below MSRP, but that includes the junk fees and their "Protection Package", so I am satisfied.

• frugalshopperfrugalshopper Member Posts: 5

@regerx said:
    Bought CR-V AWD EX-L today. Total OTD price exclusive of TTR was as negotiated $26,800. Had the dealer include at no cost the cargo tray, splash guards, door edge guards, nitrogen tires, wheel locks and pin striping. Price went like this MSRP $28945, Protection Package $995, total price $29940 + 830 Destination and + 300 Processing fee left a total price of $31,070 - negotiated discount of $4270 brought us back to our out the door price of $26,800 or ~7.5% below MSRP, but that includes the junk fees and their "Protection Package", so I am satisfied.

nice! love your work.

• rd3482rd3482 Member Posts: 1

Hi everyone, any recommendation for a good dealership around NY or NJ? I don't trust the reviews on this website since they don't seem to correspond with any other reviews online. It seems like all dealerships are bad... Also, is it crucial to buy at the end of the month, or would it be okay to buy during the first week of August, since it would be a lot more convenient for me. Thanks!!!

• jconner7jconner7 Member Posts: 3

Hi all.

I am ready to buy a 2014 CRV EX AWD in the Boston area and wanted to get your thoughts/feedback on this quote.

I have reached out to 10 or so dealers within 40 miles and the best quote is $23,906. What do you think? And if you think there is more room to negotiate, I appreciate any negotiation tips.

Thank you!

• kp1321kp1321 Member Posts: 6

I am looking at getting a 2014 CRV EXL with Nav in Seattle. The dealer is giving me a selling price of 29,544.28 (includes Dest fee), 150 for Doc fee, I am getting Door guards, Cargo Tray, Splash guards, and all season mats for 0.01 each (cause I guess they have to charge us.

Seems a little high based on other postings here. This is at Lynnwood Honda and I mentioned the Costco program (not sure that is helping me). Thoughts on this deal?

@kp1321 said:
    I am looking at getting a 2014 CRV EXL with Nav in Seattle. The dealer is giving me a selling price of 29,544.28 (includes Dest fee), 150 for Doc fee, I am getting Door guards, Cargo Tray, Splash guards, and all season mats for 0.01 each (cause I guess they have to charge us.

Seems a little high based on other postings here. This is at Lynnwood Honda and I mentioned the Costco program (not sure that is helping me). Thoughts on this deal?

Look at my post, I just got the same vehcile (minus navigation) for an OTD price of $26,800. I don't think the navigation system is worth $2500 so no, in my opinion it is not a great deal. Shop the price with other dealers(especially the internet sales people) and let them know you are. Resist the ploy of "tell me what we have to do today...." as long as you can and then give them an ultimatium. I told the dealer $26,500, they counted with $26,800 and we all felt okay at the end. At the very least I would push back that the navigation system and electric upgrade is at BEST a 1K premium, in MY OPINION, I would offer $27,800 and if in the end you meet in the middle at 28,500 you are $1,000 ahead.

• suku2014suku2014 Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I just joined this forum, Can someone suggest how much I should pay for 2014 CRV-_EX-L-AWD, need some advice. The dealer quoted a price of 26,421(internet price) did not include anything in that. When I went to the dealer, he said that Honda has increased the prices, so now the price is 26,560.

Before I went to him I did e-mail him asking how much discount he can offer, he told me this is the best offer, however he informed if I could come down to the showroom there could some room for negotiation, so I negotiated with the internet guy and told him that I am willing to pay 26,000 plus all weather mats and this price does not include sales tax and documentation fee.

The internet sales guy was almost ready and he went to his manager and comes back with the price 26,440 including the all weather mats, but I requested him if he could make 26,000 including all weather mats ( taxes and other fee I would be Paying), And suddenly this manager comes out and was very rude saying that how did I come up with this price , do you have any proof, documentation etc. Honestly I was little intimated and and I just left the showroom.

Can someone suggest me how much I should be paying for CRV-EX-L-AWD 2014 at Kentucky, lexington.

I appreciate your response and suggestions.

Thank You
    SUKU2014

• mozahsuf21mozahsuf21 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2014
    So after reading as much as I could from this suberb thread, I take it that it is unrealistic to pay anything less than 21000 OTD for the most basic CRV: LX 2WD. That sound right? Best quote I've seen so far is 20670 before everything else is added on, and before I tried to haggle. Should I expect anything less than 21000 in terms of OTD?
    By the way these are VA/MD observations.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited July 2014

MD and VA, have some of the best prices on Honda vehicles. you should be able to secure a deal for 2k below dealers invoice on your model. Dealers invoice w / dest charge on your model is

22,383................. excluding taxes, tags,and doc fee charge. There is a 500 dollar cash incentive to buy any model CRV

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

@suku2014 said:
    Hello,

I just joined this forum, Can someone suggest how much I should pay for 2014 CRV-_EX-L-AWD, need some advice. The dealer quoted a price of 26,421(internet price) did not include anything in that. When I went to the dealer, he said that Honda has increased the prices, so now the price is 26,560.

Before I went to him I did e-mail him asking how much discount he can offer, he told me this is the best offer, however he informed if I could come down to the showroom there could some room for negotiation, so I negotiated with the internet guy and told him that I am willing to pay 26,000 plus all weather mats and this price does not include sales tax and documentation fee.

The internet sales guy was almost ready and he went to his manager and comes back with the price 26,440 including the all weather mats, but I requested him if he could make 26,000 including all weather mats ( taxes and other fee I would be Paying), And suddenly this manager comes out and was very rude saying that how did I come up with this price , do you have any proof, documentation etc. Honestly I was little intimated and and I just left the showroom.

Can someone suggest me how much I should be paying for CRV-EX-L-AWD 2014 at Kentucky, lexington.

Thank You
    SUKU2014

Go back to the internet guy on-line, tell him (TRUTHFULLY) that you have never been so insulted in your life by this incident. That if they did not like the 26,000 price then they could have countered directly instead of making a scene. Tell him you would still do the deal WITH HIM, but that now you are firm at $26,000. It is the end of the month, he has a quota to meet and his bonus is on the line. Tell him you can close in 24hrs, or you are going down the line to the next dealer. I suspect this was all an act and the internet guy at least wants you back.

I paid OTD 26,800 with cargo tray, splash guards, etc. so for a bare bones you should get it or at least get a counter of 26,200. Afterall the all-weather floor mats cost them zero in the big scheme of things

• kp1321kp1321 Member Posts: 6

@regerx said:
    Look at my post, I just got the same vehcile (minus navigation) for an OTD price of $26,800. I don't think the navigation system is worth $2500 so no, in my opinion it is not a great deal. Shop the price with other dealers(especially the internet sales people) and let them know you are. Resist the ploy of "tell me what we have to do today...." as long as you can and then give them an ultimatium. I told the dealer $26,500, they counted with $26,800 and we all felt okay at the end. At the very least I would push back that the navigation system and electric upgrade is at BEST a 1K premium, in MY OPINION, I would offer $27,800 and if in the end you meet in the middle at 28,500 you are $1,000 ahead.

The other thing to throw in is my trade in (which always complicates things). They are offering me 1k over KBB for my Element (2003). Not sure that matters but its something to consider.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146

A reporter would like to speak to a recent buyer of a small SUV, like the Toyota RAV4 or the Honda CR-V. If you purchased your small SUV in the past 6 months, and you would like to talk about your purchase decision, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, 7/29/14 at 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I've got an offer of 22,369 OTD for a CRV LX 2WD in VA. Can I do better?
  • homer55homer55 Member Posts: 2

I am in NC.
    Got 2014 Honda CRV EXL with Nav 2WD.
    Price was 28,362OTD.
    Includes mudguards, paint finish, cargo tray and wheel locks.
    Here is the breakdown 26947 + 808(tax) + 539(delivery fee) +68 (tags & license).
    What do you think? How much below invoice is this?
    Also they can't give me 0.9% financing because they apparently took off $500 dealer incentive off the price. So I got 1.5%.

edited July 2014

homer

Invoice price on your model EXl, 2wd w nav = 27,404 plus dest charge of 830= 28,234

Minus my above number off your numbers. your posted 539 del charge is wrong... its 830. unless you meant dealers doc fee charge. How much was dealers doc fee charge?

If I'm reading your numbers correctly take 28,234 invoice price and minus your agreed selling price w/ dest charge. 27,777 price and that's your below invoice number

• homer55homer55 Member Posts: 2

@brian125 said:
    homer

Invoice price on your model EXl, 2wd w nav = 27,404 plus dest charge of 830= 28,234

Minus my above number off your numbers. your posted 539 del charge is wrong... its 830. unless you meant dealers doc fee charge. How much was dealers doc fee charge?

If I'm reading your numbers correctly take 28,234 invoice price and minus your agreed selling price w/ dest charge. 27,777 price and that's your below invoice number

It is a little confusing. On one paper it says it is the delivery fee and on another it says it is the dealer administrative fee. They told me they were taking the 830 destination charge off. The 539 charge they said was a required charge in NC, I am guessing that is the doc fee charge. The numbers that I gave you were the only numbers on the paper. What's the normal price off invoice you were seeing in NC area? I thought I got a good deal but after seeing the invoice, looks like a okay deal.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Sounds like the dealer is playing games with you.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

@mozahsuf21, prices vary a bit by region, but scroll back up (maybe even to the end of last month's deals) and see what people are getting off invoice. @Brian125 often recommends you shoot for $1,000 to $1,500 off the invoice on this popular model (you can find invoice under the Make/Model tabs up top)

• skore80skore80 Member Posts: 16

I got below email quote in Charlotte, NC for EXL FWD. I think I can do at least 1k to 1.3 K below this price looking at all the posts(very helpful!) on this forum.

Internet Price w/ Accessories: $25967
    (Accessories are: Nitrogen filled Tires, Mud Guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Window Tint)
    Sales Tax: $779.01
    Dealer Admin Fee: $549
    Tag, Title, Registration: $168.95
    Total OTD Price $27,463.96

Any thoughts and advice?

edited July 2014

@suku2014 said:
    Hello,

Thank You
    SUKU2014

This is an old school tactic car dealerships used to do, but have no place in the modern world of car buying, They are "closures" (just like mortgage loans, but less friendlier). Please spit on his face the next time he tries that again.

That's why I like to read reviews of car dealerships/dealer's rating from folks who did not purchase a vehicle from them. That's where their true color comes out. A good buddy of mine who used to work in a dealership once told me if the sales guy is shaking your hand and patting you on the back at the end of the deal, then you are getting screwed. If he's pissed off, huffing and puffing acting like a fool with no sense, then you are getting a deal! I imagined the latter applied to you, thus provoking his obnoxious behavior... stand your ground. just my observation.

@skore80 said:
    I got below email quote in Charlotte, NC for EXL FWD. I think I can do at least 1k to 1.3 K below this price looking at all the posts(very helpful!) on this forum.

Internet Price w/ Accessories: $25967
    (Accessories are: Nitrogen filled Tires, Mud Guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Window Tint)
    Sales Tax: $779.01
    Dealer Admin Fee: $549
    Tag, Title, Registration: $168.95
    Total OTD Price $27,463.96

Any thoughts and advice?

Push them on the accessories, tell them you KNOW that nitrogen tires are a scam. The time it will take for you to get the INCREMENTAL mileage increase to pay over the $150 charge is a joke. Tell them that that is a non-starter. and that the rest should be thrown in as window tint on an EX-L is a standard feature, why are you paying for it. Also I dont see the destination fee which is 830, that and the admin fee need to come out of the 25697 as it does NOT cost them $549 to do the paperwork, that is highway robbery. I got a CRV AWD EX-L for $26,800 OTD with the destination and admin fee rolled into the 26800 price with more accessories than you have for a 2WD. No, I think they can do better, especially at the end of the month.

edited July 2014

homer,

The 539 charge is the admin, or doc fee charge for sure. what's done is done. look at the bright side....... you bought a great suv. And by reading this forum you will learn a few more tricks and buying tactic's to help you get a better deal on your next purchase regardless of make and model . What we talk about in this forum applies to every new car purchase. Trust me on this..... I have seen deals far worse than yours. NC market is a hard sell for everyone. Dealers just wont sell at prices like we see in other states.

• mdunne70mdunne70 Member Posts: 23

I live in Westchester NY area - suburbs of NYC. I am looking for a EX-L CR-V AWD without navigation or DVD. Without any negotiating I have been quoted 27150.00 (destination included 830.00) cash price and 27650.00 (destination included) finance price.

I am wondering how much more wiggle room I have, especially in the NYC area. I am not in a rush to purchase. Am I correct to think that I would be able to negotiate the dealer down to 26500.00( including destination but before tax, title and dealer fees) and have them throw in some accessories - door edge guards, mud flaps, all weather mats and a cargo tray?

I am following up from my post earlier this week. I am looking at a 2014 CRV EX AWD in the Boston area and the best quote I received so far of $23,500 includes destination and nothing else. The dealer had an online coupon for $200 that I filled out and then it was doubled when I scheduled my test drive. When I wrote back to the sales person I mentioned the $400 coupon, thinking the new total would be $23,100. They said they had already applied that coupon and $23,500 was their best price. @Brian125 Do you think $23,500 is a fair price or should I try for more? This does not include tax, reg, doc fee, etc. This is just for the car.

@jconner7 said:
    Hi all.

I am ready to buy a 2014 CRV EX AWD in the Boston area and wanted to get your thoughts/feedback on this quote.

I have reached out to 10 or so dealers within 40 miles and the best quote is $23,906. What do you think? And if you think there is more room to negotiate, I appreciate any negotiation tips.

Thank you!

• lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788

jconner7 - Looks like your price is better than mine from Boch Honda. They quoted $23906 (dest. charge included) on EX AWD. Which dealer did you talk to?

This is from Kelly Honda in Lynnfield. They do not have the white/beige that I want in stock so it will have to be transferred from another dealer.

• nblanconblanco Member Posts: 5

I am in the process of negotiation for a CR-V EX-L AWD WITH NAVIGATION and here is the breakdown of what I've gotten so far:

price: $26,667
    destination fee: 830
    dealer process fee: 299
    taxes: 6%
    tags: 279
    gifts: none

Is this a fair price? It is the best quote I have and it has been all through emails and phone calls. I did received offers from other dealers that included wheel locks, mud guards and door edge guards but they start on $27,105 plus all the other fees.

Please help! This process has been so stressful that I want it over soon... :smile:

@regerx said:

Which dealer you went to? I am from Maryland too.

• yt576c1yt576c1 Member Posts: 1

How could anybody here getting such a low price. Is this price includes Sales TAX? The best, I got was, $26,200 + Tax for CRV EX-L AWD.

@yt576c1‌

My price does not include taxes. It is the $26,667 + all the other fees.

@nblanco said:
    I am in the process of negotiation for a CR-V EX-L AWD WITH NAVIGATION and here is the breakdown of what I've gotten so far:

price: $26,667
    destination fee: 830
    dealer process fee: 299
    taxes: 6%
    tags: 279
    gifts: none

Is this a fair price? It is the best quote I have and it has been all through emails and phone calls. I did received offers from other dealers that included wheel locks, mud guards and door edge guards but they start on $27,105 plus all the other fees.

Please help! This process has been so stressful that I want it over soon... :smile:

Your 1st deal is good. after considering dealer doc fee charge would put you at 1600 below dealers invoice price. I would work with this one dealer and make sure every thing is in order before you buy............ good luck

edited July 2014

@yt576c1 said:
    How could anybody here getting such a low price. Is this price includes Sales TAX? The best, I got was, $26,200 + Tax for CRV EX-L AWD.

MD / VA Honda dealers are selling CRV's and Accords at record numbers. If you are close by it pays to email 7 or 8 dealers in those area's .. you will save $$$$$$

@brian125‌
    Thank you! Your comment brings me some piece of mind to the process. What is the invoice price for the CR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation?

29,404 w / dest charge include. Dest charge is 830

@brian125 said:
    29,404 w / dest charge include. Dest charge is 830

My best quote is $27708 (includes dest. charge) in Boston for EX-L AWD with Nav plus $369 dealer fee, sale tax and plate. I am looking to close a deal within days.

edited July 2014

Boston pricing is a lot better than most area's. At 1396 below dealers invoice for your current offer is not bad. There is room for a few more dollars if you work at it.

Herb Chambers, Weymouth, Kelly, Bosch, Prime, Honda cars of Boston. Get all these dealerships involved in the price wars you will come out on top............ good luck.

Thanks! @brian125‌

@brian125 said:
    Boston pricing is a lot better than most area's. At 1396 below dealers invoice for your current offer is not bad. There is room for a few more dollars if you work at it.

Herb Chambers, Weymouth, Kelly, Bosch, Prime, Honda cars of Boston. Get all these dealerships involved in the price wars you will come out on top............ good luck.

Is it normal to get response from a different sale person from the same dealer with a different price quote? I got 2 different prices from 2 different people at the dealer.

Yes. Never deal with floor salesman over the phone. Internet manager or his staff.... ONLY. If any one dealer cant answer your model/ options and price questions by phone or emails remove them from your targeted dealership list. They are not worth your time and effort.

edited July 2014

@brian125 said:
    homer,

The 539 charge is the admin, or doc fee charge for sure. what's done is done. look at the bright side....... you bought a great suv. And by reading this forum you will learn a few more tricks and buying tactic's to help you get a better deal on your next purchase regardless of make and model . What we talk about in this forum applies to every new car purchase. Trust me on this..... I have seen deals far worse than yours. NC market is a hard sell for everyone. Dealers just wont sell at prices like we see in other states.

These days the Honda dealerships in the NC market is very greedy. There's more wiggle room with the Toyotas. At least some of the Toyo dealers were willing to split the $1750 dealer cash with me to move them out their lot. I hope all of them go bankrupt because of their excess appetite.

I'm staying firm at $2000 below invoice and only one dealer in the Cary/RTP area is willing to work with me. I've even reached out as far as Fayetteville (Bryan Honda) and had some sales lady spatting out nonsense with Honda Loyalty Program Discount (even though I own a 2011 Toyota Sienna van and have no plans to trade it in) and some free TV promotion going on this week. Once I sent a quote from another dealership in Durham (Crown Honda Southpoint), she immediate stated, "We will match it!" But when she actually saw the price ~$1,650 below invoice, she replied 30 minutes later with, "I can not match that price. If they want to waste $1800 on this deal, let them!"

Never heard back from Fayetteville. Probably a good thing. Didn't want to mess with/waste my time with such unprofessional ghettoey sales department anyway.

Oh, here's the response I got from a dealer when I was telling them about what the folks in MD, VA, and Boston area are paying, and moderators explanation on the dealer cash and good selling price...

"This is great however they do not sell cars." LoL!!! NC Honda market is a joke. They're so greedy.

• don_ncdon_nc Member Posts: 9

Does anyone know when the 2014 cr-v's start being discounted due to 2015's arriving ?

edited July 2014

@don_nc said:
    Does anyone know when the 2014 cr-v's start being discounted due to 2015's arriving ?

Honda is offering the Summer Clearance Sale. I could imagine that there will be a Year End Clearance Sale in August (up to Labor Day weekend). Are we expecting the 2015 (with mid-year facelift) in November? Hope brian125 has some info on that.

edited July 2014

@brian125 said:
    Yes. Never deal with floor salesman over the phone. Internet manager or his staff.... ONLY. If any one dealer cant answer your model/ options and price questions by phone or emails remove them from your targeted dealership list. They are not worth your time and effort.

Yes. I have been talking to the internet sale manager or his staff. However, after several emails from the same sale person, I am getting emails from a different sale person. It looks like they have been passing my name & email to every sale person in the same dealer.

Anyway, price (EX-L AWD with Nav. from Weymouth Honda (few miles from my house) isn't the lowest. They quoted $28096 (with dest. charge) + $239 document fee + plate + sale tax. But Weymoth is very close to me. The lowest price is from Cambridge Honda with $27.4K for the car plus fees & tax. Boch Honda (20 miles away) is $27.7K for the car plus fees & tax.

I expect to pay around $27K to $27.5K for the car but I was hoping to have the crossbars, cargo tray, wheel locks or mudguards included.

BTW, one dealer quoted $595 for the Honda OEM remote starter, price includes installation. Worth it? I am not a big fan remote starter (owned it many years ago) even I am in MA.

your on the right track keep your poker face on.. remote starter is a nice feature in the winter time. probably could bargin another 100 off that price.

@nblanco said:
    Which dealer you went to? I am from Maryland too.

I worked with Ourisman Bethesda Honda

This discussion has been closed.