Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Toyota 4-Runner Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited May 2015 in Toyota
For current leasing information, go to 2015 Toyota 4-Runner Lease Questions

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Toyota 4-Runner leasing questions.
Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Toyota 4-Runner, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Toyota 4-Runner page.

To see all forums discussions about the Toyota 4-Runner, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Toyota 4-Runner discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• agentcircusagentcircus Member Posts: 15

What are the current money factors and residuals for a 4x4 4Runner Trail and SR5 please?

12k and 15k. Thanks!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

I'm sorry.... no information on 4Runner lease programs.. Historically, 4Runners don't get any incentives or lease subsidies, so that makes them fairly pricy to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Any recommendations on good SUVs that do lease well?

Generally, SUVs are not cheap to lease, relative to their MSRP. The more "hard-core" SUVs like the 4Runner and Wrangler never seem to have incentives. The "soft-roaders" like the Highlander and Pilot are usually better deals from a lease perspective.

If you need a roomy SUV, it's hard to go wrong with either of those two models, but again, no screaming deals on those, either.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• timj757timj757 Member Posts: 13

I just called toyota dealer and wanted to see if anyone got or found a better deal for the toyota 4 runner SR5 Premium model... They told me the money factor was .00180 if I put down $650 deposit if I didn't do that the money factor is .00190 with a residual value of 59% did anyone get a better deal? Or is this in line with what other people have received?

• macdealmacdeal Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2014

There are current lease incentives on 4Runners, along with a financing incentive in Gulf States.
    Gulf States Toyota:
    .00119 for 12k mi and 36mo (may have misunderstood over phone and it is .00190 as tim stated)
    Southeast Toyota:
    I think it's .00220 for 12k and 36mo, but their residual is 68% on SR5
    Toyota USA:
    I believe it's similar to Gulf States.

Limited residual everywhere but Southeast Toyota states is:
    57-59% depending on options on the sticker. All of this is just what I've collected over the phone. Not sure if they are trying to make a spread on the money factor.

• macdealmacdeal Member Posts: 3

Ok here are the official numbers for Gulf States Toyota states and perhaps Toyota USA. Southeast Toyota states has artificially inflated residuals right now along with a larger money factor. Sorry this is hard to read.

• b_o_f_ab_o_f_a Member Posts: 2

It looks like Toyota is offering 24 month Lease deals again on the 4Runner in my area (Colorado). Can anyone confirm if they apply to the Limited and provide the residual and money factor for a 12k miles 24 month lease?

@b_o_f_a said:
    It looks like Toyota is offering 24 month Lease deals again on the 4Runner in my area (Colorado). Can anyone confirm if they apply to the Limited and provide the residual and money factor for a 12k miles 24 month lease?

I do see some 24 month leases on 4Runners, around the country, but I have no information for the Colorado market. The money factor I see used most often is .00104, but I have no residual information, either.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• toptubetoptube Member Posts: 9

Hello, I am in the market for a 4runner sr5 4x4 36/12k lease in NJ. I contacted 5 dealers and asked for a quote. The number that gave me a quote for the vehicle I asked and the MF and residual? None. Not one of them. Any recommendations on a dealer in NJ or NY that will give. Simple quote?

• swim22swim22 Member Posts: 2

2014 4runner Trail Edition (4wd)

Sticker $39,342 (Entune, KDSS, mats, exhaust tip, remote start)
    Sale Price 34,981

36mo, 12k/yr

Total cash at closing $2000
    $295/mo

Extremely happy with the 4runner, and the deal we got.

Wow.... that's a cheap lease on a 4Runner. They usually aren't all that cheap to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• beantownbeantown Member Posts: 228

Zero chance those numbers are accurate. 12620 in total payments for a 3 year lease on a $39,342 4runner? No way. That is basically what you'd pay in total payments right now for a 2 year lease on a base SR5 with a much lower MSRP in Toyota's "best deal ever". Sorry. Not buying it.

• nkf2008nkf2008 Member Posts: 88

@swim22 said:
    2014 4runner Trail Edition (4wd)

Sticker $39,342 (Entune, KDSS, mats, exhaust tip, remote start)
    Sale Price 34,981

36mo, 12k/yr

Total cash at closing $2000
    $295/mo

Extremely happy with the 4runner, and the deal we got.

Is that all fact? was there any trade in that affected the costs that they are so low ?

• digger71azdigger71az Member Posts: 10

Any information on 4runner leases for May? Not picky about model just looking for any lease deals

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,137

@digger71az said:
    Any information on 4runner leases for May? Not picky about model just looking for any lease deals

For 36mo/15K leases, residual values range from 59-62%

.00128 MF

No lease cash that I can see.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ousokousok Member Posts: 2
    Just leased 2014 4Runner Trail tonight.
    MSRP: $37500, Sale Price: $34155
    Money Factor: 0.00104
    Residual Value: $26172
    24 mo, 12k miles
    $323/mo

Wow.... great payment! How much due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ousokousok Member Posts: 2
    $2000 which includes first month. TTL was extra and I rolled that into the monthly payments (so my payments are a bit higher) $323 was pretty much base (advertised promo was $339/mo on SR5 model) and since it's Texas, tax was on the sale price and not just depreciation value :neutral_face:
  • colby04colby04 Member Posts: 4

Do you have MF and residual for SR5 4X2 in AZ? Looking at 36 month / 12K.

@colby04 said:
    Do you have MF and residual for SR5 4X2 in AZ? Looking at 36 month / 12K.

.00090 MF and 64% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dan436dan436 Member Posts: 28

Hi, does anyone have MF and residual for a limited 4runner in il? Thanks for the help!

@dan436 said:
    Hi, does anyone have MF and residual for a limited 4runner in il? Thanks for the help!

The only Toyota numbers we have at the moment are for the Southeast. Nothing for IL.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• dan436dan436 Member Posts: 28

Got a quote today on a limited 4Runner. MF of .00174 and 59% residual.

@dan436 said:
    Got a quote today on a limited 4Runner. MF of .00174 and 59% residual.

Pricey MF, but not surprising given how popular the 4Runner is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• potstillpotstill Member Posts: 26
    Please help:
    2014 Toyota 4 runner --limited --
    lease 12k/36 month. In Southern CA.

What is the money factor and residual?

Thank you very much!!

@potstill said:
    Please help:
    2014 Toyota 4 runner --limited --
    lease 12k/36 month. In Southern CA.

What is the money factor and residual?

Thank you very much!!

.00060 MF and 63% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Luvin u kyfdx!!!!!
    Totally 100% sure on those figures @kyfdx‌ ?

I'm going to argue like hell with a sales guy tomorrow morning...

@potstill said:
    Totally 100% sure on those figures kyfdx‌ ?

I'm going to argue like hell with a sales guy tomorrow morning...

I'm never 100% sure on Toyota figures... They have dozens of regions, and distributorships that don't use TFS figures... Those numbers did come from the LA region, though.

Something to keep in mind about Toyota residuals. They only apply to base cars. Higher priced units, with a lot of options tend to have lower overall percentage residuals. Before you start offering, pick a car, and ask for the residual on that vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• automan822automan822 Member Posts: 83

When the August MF, and residuals come in, can you post for 24/12, 36/12
    4-Runner SR-5 in CA., thanks

@automan822 said:
    When the August MF, and residuals come in, can you post for 24/12, 36/12
    4-Runner SR-5 in CA., thanks

The only Toyota numbers we have at the moment are for the Gulf States region; as Toyota has so many different programs regionally, I don't have anything that would be valid in CA, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• taekimtaekim Member Posts: 2

do you have rate and residual for NJ on SR5, Trail and Limited? 10K or 12K miles, 36 months? Thank you!!

@taekim said:
    do you have rate and residual for NJ on SR5, Trail and Limited? 10K or 12K miles, 36 months? Thank you!!

We don't have any numbers for NJ from Toyota this month, sorry!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ROBRTM5ROBRTM5 Member Posts: 81
    Hi Kyfdx - Can you please share the MF and residual for a 2014 4Runner limited 24/12 and 36/12.

Thank you

RM

@ROBRTM5 said:
    Hi Kyfdx - Can you please share the MF and residual for a 2014 4Runner limited 24/12 and 36/12.

Thank you

RM

Assuming you are in the SouthEast Toyota Distributor area?

.00197 MF

But, I don't have any solid residual information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ronnyme77ronnyme77 Member Posts: 16

Hi Kyfdx - Need your assistance. I am looking for SR5 Premium/regular model with 3rd row seats (compulsory) in Memphis, TN.

What is the MF and residuals on 24/12 and 36/12. I dont want to pay more than $350 a month on my lease. Please advise if I can get a 4runner lease for around $350 with zero down?

thanks

@ronnyme77 said:
    Hi Kyfdx - Need your assistance. I am looking for SR5 Premium/regular model with 3rd row seats (compulsory) in Memphis, TN.

What is the MF and residuals on 24/12 and 36/12. I dont want to pay more than $350 a month on my lease. Please advise if I can get a 4runner lease for around $350 with zero down?

thanks

.00185 MF. No residual information available.

Without knowing the MSRP and selling price, we won't be able to model a payment, though $350/mo does seem a bit of a stretch.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• volhallavolhalla Member Posts: 7
    New member on these forums, thanks in advance for your help.

I just got quoted the following at my local Toyota dealership:

Dealership is in TN
    36 months @ 15K/year
    $1,000 cash back
    $7,000 Trade-In Allowance (2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport)
    $21,270 Residual
    Monthly Lease Payment $412

Seems high to me, but I respectfully submit to other's opinions. This will be my first lease and the process and terms are a bit more complicated than buying. Thanks Again!
    Sorry, it's a 2014 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 (with Nav and Entune).
    MSRP $36670
    volhalla said:

2014 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 (with Nav and Entune)
    Dealership is in TN
    36 months @ 15K/year
    $1,000 cash back
    $21,270 Residual
    MSRP $36670

Seems high to me, but I respectfully submit to other's opinions. This will be my first lease and the process and terms are a bit more complicated than buying. Thanks Again!

What is the breakdown of the $7000 of trade equity? Do you know the selling price?

Toyota leases are notoriously hard to decipher. Options are not residualized the same way as for other brands.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The sale price of the 4Runner is $36670. Not sure what you mean by break down of trade equity...sorry. I'm trading in a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport (hard&soft tops/4.0 L/4WD) with 158K miles.
    volhalla said:

The sale price of the 4Runner is $36670. Not sure what you mean by break down of trade equity...sorry. I'm trading in a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport (hard&soft tops/4.0 L/4WD) with 158K miles.

Your original post showed the MSRP as $36,670 .. is the sale price lower?

The dealer has told you that the trade in value of your Jeep is $7000. There are start up costs associated with a lease that you can cover with that equity (or you can pay it out of pocket). This includes the first months payment, acquisition and dealer fees, and possibly taxes.

The equity can also be used to lower the sale price and your monthly payment - though we don't recommend you do this, because if the new car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money.

Ask your dealer what your payment would be if they simply gave you a check for your trade in.

What state is this in? Tax obligations vary wildly depending on where you live.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell-

The sale price will be $36670, I'm pretty sure this is what they're basing the lease payments on.

I'm not sure exactly what they are using my T/A equity for, but I'll find out when I meet with them this afternoon.

I live and will be purchasing this vehicle in Tennessee (Nashville Area). Our tax rate is 9.25%.
    Anyone?

volhalla said:

Thanks Michaell-

The sale price will be $36670, I'm pretty sure this is what they're basing the lease payments on.

I'm not sure exactly what they are using my T/A equity for, but I'll find out when I meet with them this afternoon.

I live and will be purchasing this vehicle in Tennessee (Nashville Area). Our tax rate is 9.25%.

The way a lease works is that the MSRP is used to calculate the residual amount, and the sale price is used to calculate the monthly depreciation. Every $1000 you save on the sale price equates to a $28/mo savings on your lease payment (for a 36 month lease). So, it behooves you to try to get the lowest price possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

volhalla said:

Dealership is in TN
    36 months @ 15K/year
    $1,000 cash back
    $21,270 Residual

Seems high to me, too.. Amortizing the $7000 trade, your payment is almost $600/mo. for a $36K car.. I would shop around.. 4Runners have great resale. Before I'd lease at that amount, I'd just buy it and with the $7K down, have payments of $600/mo for 60 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ttribecattribeca Member Posts: 12

Looking for 4Runner lease numbers on 2014 SR5 premium 3/45k please. Also 2014 Limited 3/45k. Northern Cal.

Does anyone know the 2015 numbers yet?

thanks!

This discussion has been closed.