Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• jdphc8jdphc8 Member Posts: 6

Excuse me, the MSRP was $29,600.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056

@jdphc8 said:
    The MSRP was $29,600 and the negotiated selling price was $28,500.

Using these numbers with the base MF of .00160 and the 48/10 residual of 54%, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $331.92.

I'm guessing the selling price isn't the same as the net cap cost, if you rolled in the taxes and fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

You're going to have to speak in laymans terms for me. I did include the taxes and fees, and it ended up at $379.00 per month (slight change from the initial deal). So yes, the pre tax payment was around 331.92. So you are indicating that the dealership sold it for less than what they paid for it?

I'm just trying to figure out how good a deal I got in comparison to others in the market.

@jdphc8 said:
    I'm just trying to figure out how good a deal I got in comparison to others in the market.

I can't help you with that; I can only evaluate your deal based on the information you've provided, and the lease numbers from VW.

And, it looks like a solid deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• mgrosemgrose Member Posts: 15

Any better numbers for August? 36mo/10k mi.

@mgrose said:

Don't know yet - we haven't seen the August numbers. Later today, perhaps, or early next week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@mgrose said:

Same numbers... .00160 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cb4d1cb4d1 Member Posts: 19

Got this quote from a dealer in LA on a 2015 GTI S.

Actual Msrp 27185
    Actual Invoice 26081
    Selling $26253
    @ 12k miles a year
    @ just the fees upfront of 802 ( dmv and first month )
    $395 a month including taxes.
    MF: .00160
    Residual: 61%

@cb4d1 said:
    Got this quote from a dealer in LA on a 2015 GTI S.

Actual Msrp 27185
    Actual Invoice 26081
    Selling $26253
    @ 12k miles a year
    @ just the fees upfront of 802 ( dmv and first month )
    $395 a month including taxes.
    MF: .00160
    Residual: 61%

36 months?

Plugging in your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $337.15. Adding in 9% sales tax the payment goes to $367.50/mo. Not sure how the dealer gets to $395/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

36 months yes. Yes I'm getting the same numbers. Thanks a lot. I'm going to go back to them and see what they say.

Acquisition fee?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Still waiting for a response from this dealer. I'm seeing specials on 2014 GTIs for 269/month. Any chance I can get a MF for 2014 in CA as well?

@cb4d1 said:
    Still waiting for a response from this dealer. I'm seeing specials on 2014 GTIs for 269/month. Any chance I can get a MF for 2014 in CA as well?

.00022 MF and 36/15 RV is 50%. No lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cuthbertcuthbert Member Posts: 18

I'm trying to lease a 2015 S w/the lighting package. They initially offered a .00225 Mf till I balked and got them to .00160. I'm putting down 3 grand. They offered me 353.57 a month which includes all taxes and fees. Is this a good number? Waiting to hear back on MSRP.

I'm assuming it'll be 26 something

We'll need MSRP and selling price to give an educated opinion.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Per my earlier post, I just have a question in regards to acq fee. Is there any benefit in paying it all upfront vs rolling it into your monthly payment, beyond the obvious marginally lower monthly if you pay up front?

@cb4d1 said:
    Per my earlier post, I just have a question in regards to acq fee. Is there any benefit in paying it all upfront vs rolling it into your monthly payment, beyond the obvious marginally lower monthly if you pay up front?

That's the only trade off - out of pocket initially, or pay over the life of the lease. If you live in a state that taxes the monthly payment, then you'll get taxed on the acq fee as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@cuthbert said:
    I'm trying to lease a 2015 S w/the lighting package. They initially offered a .00225 Mf till I balked and got them to .00160. I'm putting down 3 grand. They offered me 353.57 a month which includes all taxes and fees. Is this a good number? Waiting to hear back on MSRP.

So they gave me price for an SE w/lighting. MSRP 30,008, sale price 28,995. I'd rather have an S for the plaid seats but still interested to see if they're giving me good number s. Thanks!

Sorry, newb. So they gave me price for an SE w/lighting. MSRP 30,008, sale price 28,995. I'd rather have an S for the plaid seats but still interested to see if they're giving me good number s. Thanks!

• kbad81kbad81 Member Posts: 26

2015 SE W/ Light Package MSRP $30,910. Selling price $29,857, admin $599, lease acquisition $625 plus 3% tax. With 0 money down I'm being quoted a payment of $421, is this a good deal?

• kbad81kbad81 Member Posts: 26

36 months 12k miles per, the residual was a shade over $18000.

@kbad81 said:
    2015 SE W/ Light Package MSRP $30,910. Selling price $29,857, admin $599, lease acquisition $625 plus 3% tax. With 0 money down I'm being quoted a payment of $421, is this a good deal?
    @kbad81 said:
    36 months 12k miles per, the residual was a shade over $18000.

Not sure how the 3% tax is applied, but without tax, I get $403/mo., so it seems to be a fair deal... though, they are taking most of the discount back with that $599 admin.fee

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Justin KJustin K Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2014

Do you have the money factor and residual value for 2015 vw gti se dsg auto in Az for 36 months 15k per year? Thanks

@ikeeprunnin said:
    Do you have the money factor and residual value for 2015 vw gti se dsg auto in Az for 36 months 15k per year? Thanks

.00160 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• idk123idk123 Member Posts: 11

Here are the numbers I got for Tier B today,
    MSRP $26,830
    My price: 25784
    Total After Mkt 199
    Rate: .00240
    Residual .60

Cash Down 3000
    Total Init pymt 3537

327.08/ M

He did have residual at 50, but changed it when i had it change the miles to 12 k yr

Is this good or bad? This is the Tier B, I dont think ill qualify for Tier A.

@idk123 said:
    Here are the numbers I got for Tier B today,
    MSRP $26,830
    My price: 25784
    Total After Mkt 199
    Rate: .00240
    Residual .60

Cash Down 3000
    Total Init pymt 3537

327.08/ M

He did have residual at 50, but changed it when i had it change the miles to 12 k yr

Is this good or bad? This is the Tier B, I dont think ill qualify for Tier A.

The residual can't be 50%, unless he was quoting a 2014 model. 60% is correct for 36mo, 12K/yr. The bump for Tier B is only .00030, so the base MF would just be .00190, not .00240. Looks like they may be marking up the Tier B rate.

Considering the $3000 down, that's about $410/mo. for a $27K car... That's not a great deal. If they knocked the MF down to .00190, that would knock about $20/mo. off the lease payment..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• idk123idk123 Member Posts: 11

Okay, I am going back there on Wednesday and will talk to them, that might have been their Tier C, but i thought the print out he ran me was for B Tier. Ill ask about the MF, thanks!

• davela72davela72 Member Posts: 18

Have any numbers been released for September for the GTi? Thanks!

@davela72 said:
    Have any numbers been released for September for the GTi? Thanks!

I should have been more specific, sorry about that. I'm looking at a 2015 S, manual, 36mo, 10K or 12K per year. I'm in PA.

@davela72 said:
    I should have been more specific, sorry about that. I'm looking at a 2015 S, manual, 36mo, 10K or 12K per year. I'm in PA.

.00157 MF and 60%/59% residual for 10K/12K/yr ..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Finally pulling the trigger, they're bringing an SE w/the lighting package in for me. MSRP is 30,130. Sale price is 29,036. 0 down at an Mf of .00160. 3 yrs/36 k miles. In Idaho, tax is 6%. Total monthly payment after tax is 429.70. Is this an alright deal?

@kyfdx said:
    .00157 MF and 60%/59% residual for 10K/12K/yr ..

Thanks!

@cuthbert said:
    Finally pulling the trigger, they're bringing an SE w/the lighting package in for me. MSRP is 30,130. Sale price is 29,036. 0 down at an Mf of .00160. 3 yrs/36 k miles. In Idaho, tax is 6%. Total monthly payment after tax is 429.70. Is this an alright deal?

Using the numbers you've provided along with the 51% residual for 36/12, I get a pre-tax payment of $450.76, so yeah, you've got a pretty good quote in front of you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Sweet! Hopefully they don't try to raise the price on me last minute.

Or thow in some bs charges.

Throw^

• 911rs911rs Member Posts: 11
    Can you tell me MF, residual value, on 2015 VW GTI Autobahn edition. 36 months, 10,000 miles a year? The sticker on the car is $31,685. I am shooting for a $1000 under sticker but it's tough on the 2015. Is $1000 of reasonable?

All the best!

I'm seeing people in other states getting $2k+ off sticker. It's rare but it seems to be happening. I definitely think you can get $1k off at minimum (I'm in LA looking to lease a SE as well).

My question (that anyone can answer) is what is better, a higher residual with a slightly higher MF or a low residual with a much lower MF? I would assume if you plan on buying the car after the lease ends, the lower residual/lower MF would be better b/c more of your monthly has been going to paying down the car than to interest?

Reason I ask is, I love the Mk7 but with the MF hovering around 3.7% and 60%-ish residual, it seems at best an average deal for a lease. When you start talking $400-450/month you open the door to a lot of other cars, many of which are more expensive with higher residuals. I'm just trying to justify the current MF is all. The GTI has never leased well, which is a bummer.

cb4d1 said:

I'm seeing people in other states getting $2k+ off sticker. It's rare but it seems to be happening. I definitely think you can get $1k off at minimum (I'm in LA looking to lease a SE as well).

My question (that anyone can answer) is what is better, a higher residual with a slightly higher MF or a low residual with a much lower MF? I would assume if you plan on buying the car after the lease ends, the lower residual/lower MF would be better b/c more of your monthly has been going to paying down the car than to interest?

Reason I ask is, I love the Mk7 but with the MF hovering around 3.7% and 60%-ish residual, it seems at best an average deal for a lease. When you start talking $400-450/month you open the door to a lot of other cars, many of which are more expensive with higher residuals. I'm just trying to justify the current MF is all. The GTI has never leased well, which is a bummer.

I'm in the same boat. Right now, the lease rates on these suck. Personally, I would like to see the MF below 100 or 0.0100. The higher the residual, the less the payments are but that makes the buy out at the end higher. I was looking at the Edition 30 GLI's and the figures were a
    MF of .00072 and a residual of 55%, much better.

So, from my research, if you want a lower payment and don't plan to buy out at the end, a higher residual is ok but that MF is still an important number.
    911rs said:

Can you tell me MF, residual value, on 2015 VW GTI Autobahn edition. 36 months, 10,000 miles a year? The sticker on the car is $31,685. I am shooting for a $1000 under sticker but it's tough on the 2015. Is $1000 of reasonable?

.00157 and 60% for 36/10.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

cb4d1 said:

I think the MF/RV issue comes down to what you want to do at the end of the lease - though, if you plan on buying the car at the end, why not finance it up front? The interest rate for a purchase at the end of the lease will be higher than for the purchase of a new car.

Ideally, I'd look for a high RV and a low MF .. that makes your monthly payment as small as possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell, makes total sense. I wouldn't plan on buying the car at the end of the lease.

How would you rate a 3.7 MF, as average? Obviously it depends on the car but is it good to compare MF to general auto financing rates when deciding how much is too much?
    cb4d1 said:

Thanks Michaell, makes total sense. I wouldn't plan on buying the car at the end of the lease.

How would you rate a 3.7 MF, as average? Obviously it depends on the car but is it good to compare MF to general auto financing rates when deciding how much is too much?

It's hard to say if the MF is good or bad .. most of the luxury makes have MF above .001, and there are others who have incredibly low MF (Infiniti, for example). VW isn't a luxury make, but the relative scarcity of the GTI makes them more desirable and hence, more expensive to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Just want to make sure I have the right numbers. Can you provide numbers for:

2015 GTI SE in CA with 12k @‌ 36k

Also, are the numbers any better in say Nevada? I'm not opposed to shopping out of state…
    cb4d1 said:

Just want to make sure I have the right numbers. Can you provide numbers for:

2015 GTI SE in CA with 12k @‌ 36k

Also, are the numbers any better in say Nevada? I'm not opposed to shopping out of state…

The VW numbers are national, no advantage to switching states.

36/12 numbers for GTI SE are .00157 and 51%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

51%? It dropped from 59%? Just a few posts above the residual is quoted as .00157 and 60% for 36/10k…
    cb4d1 said:

51%? It dropped from 59%? Just a few posts above the residual is quoted as .00157 and 60% for 36/10k…

Typo... 59%.. Numbers haven't changed since 09/03..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Phew, you scared me there. Thanks to you both!