Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn VUE

1686970717274»

Comments

• mindbodymindbody Member Posts: 2
    I bought my 2004 Saturn Vue Redline new. It has 72000 miles and I decided this year to do some maintenance. I tow it behind a class A motor home, so it has another 15000 rolling miles.

I wanted to correct the rattle in the front end. Had the struts and mounts done. Also had the front brakes and rotors changed. The car was so much quieter, for a short while.

The rattle on low speed bumps has returned just as bad as before. I have read 442dude's ideas and I believe it is the caliper pin bushings. I will return to the mechanic with that suggestion.

I also found a couple of plastic part of the wheel wells rattling, so put in some screws.

Any other suggestions? I am aware of the stabilizer bushings and the mechanic says everything is tight.
  • 0x1sherm0x1sherm Member Posts: 1
    In 2010, I put out the alert on the Saturn VUE/SUV. Within weeks of
    purchasing the then new vehicle, my husband started having issues with it.
    It would jump out of gear or not lock, when parked in gear. The dealer
    started pulling new parts out of the vehicle.

Twenty-one visits in 3 months time, and I convinced GM to take the SUV back or I would park it with a sign on the window listing our complaints.

Take your complaints to Washington and follow through with letting GM know. They would hate to see such a group of customers all complaining about one product.

Until one voice joins in a group and the noise becomes louder, no one is helped. Glad to see the vehicle "gone". Each time, I see one in a parking lot, I wonder about it!
  • geno59geno59 Member Posts: 23

@mindbody said:
    I bought my 2004 Saturn Vue Redline new. It has 72000 miles and I decided this year to do some maintenance. I tow it behind a class A motor home, so it has another 15000 rolling miles.

I wanted to correct the rattle in the front end. Had the struts and mounts done. Also had the front brakes and rotors changed. The car was so much quieter, for a short while.

The rattle on low speed bumps has returned just as bad as before. I have read 442dude's ideas and I believe it is the caliper pin bushings. I will return to the mechanic with that suggestion.

I also found a couple of plastic part of the wheel wells rattling, so put in some screws.

Any other suggestions? I am aware of the stabilizer bushings and the mechanic says everything is tight.

What about changing the stabilizer links? I did on mine and problem solved.

• bigtautobigtauto Member Posts: 1

I have a 2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid. FWD. It recently started to lose battery power after driving for 30 minutes or so. The battery light comes on, but car stays running. Eventually, the lights begin to go out and all the warning lights go on in the dash. IF i pull over for five minutes, i can restart and drive again for a while till the battery light goes on again. My mechanic thinks its the alternator, but he;s no overly confident. Also could be a computer module issue. Any one had this issue that can offer some advice? Thank you, Cameron Loveland Colorado