Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 BMW 4-Series Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited July 2014 in BMW
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 BMW 4-Series leasing questions.
Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2015 4-Series, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.
You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2015 BMW 4-Series page.
If you have already leased, we invite you to review your vehicle by starting on the following page: http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/consumer-ratings-reviews.html

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• cityfishingcityfishing Member Posts: 1

Do you have numbers for a 2105 428i Gran Coupe for 36 months and 10K? Thanks.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

@cityfishing said:
    Do you have numbers for a 2015 428i Gran Coupe for 36 months and 10K? Thanks.

.00130 MF and 63% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fyk1985fyk1985 Member Posts: 3

Dealer told me the residue of 2015 435xi for 10k/36month is 61% (instead of 63% for 2014 model), is this true?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997

@fyk1985 said:
    Dealer told me the residue of 2015 435xi for 10k/36month is 61% (instead of 63% for 2014 model), is this true?

That is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• stunyccpastunyccpa Member Posts: 48
    435xi 0.00130 MF & 62% residual for 36 months 12k a year on the convertible as well? Thank you so much!

@stunyccpa said:
    435xi 0.00130 MF & 62% residual for 36 months 12k a year on the convertible as well? Thank you so much!

There is no 435xi convertible - the 435i vert has a residual of 65% for 36/12. Same MF of .00130.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• rjorge3rjorge3 Member Posts: 144

@kyfdx said:
    I think I put my question on the wrong section before, but same as cityfishing KY,,but what are the numbers for 2015 428i GC, 36 months, 12k and 15k miles?

Thanks,

@‌ Michaell

If you go to www.bmwusa.com there is a 435xi convertible...

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/vehicles/2015/4/435ixdriveconvertible/default.aspx

@stunyccpa said:
    @‌ Michaell

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/vehicles/2015/4/435ixdriveconvertible/default.aspx

Huh ... not listed in the list of models in the documents we have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@stunyccpa said:
    @‌ Michaell

2015 model, maybe? If it's not in the dealerships this month, they won't show a lease program for it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zavennnzavennn Member Posts: 1
    null
    That's a good deal , which dealership did you go ?

That's it, 2015 model. You guys are great, thanks!

• piscean407piscean407 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014

Hi, I signed lease for 2015 BMW 428 i X drive gran coupe with M sport package and with additional add-on ($57,675) with Lease end value as 53% of total and 2K down monthly out of pocket $710. Is this is good deal? This is my first car not sure how leasing and all works.

• driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2014

@piscean407 said:
    Hi, I signed lease for 2015 BMW 428 i X drive gran coupe with M sport package and with additional add-on ($57,675) with Lease end value as 53% of total and 2K down monthly out of pocket $710. Is this is good deal? This is my first car not sure how leasing and all works.

We would need to know the selling price and money factor. Lease end value shouldn't be 53%.. did you mean 63%?

@driversedge said:
    We would need to know the selling price and money factor. Lease end value shouldn't be 53%.. did you mean 63%?

Generally, but it depends on the lease term and how many miles per year.

Too much missing information to reliably evaluate the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• piscean407piscean407 Member Posts: 2

Sorry for missing information. Here is the quote what they gave after negotiating MSRP $ 57,675 tax rate 7% . 36 months lease @12K miles per year 53% Lease end value which comes as 2K down and $710 per month. I dont know what is the money factor.

@piscean407 said:

>

Sorry for missing information. Here is the quote what they gave after negotiating MSRP $ 57,675 tax rate 7% . 36 months lease @12K miles per year 53% Lease end value which comes as 2K down and $710 per month. I dont know what is the money factor.

.00130 is the MF and 62% is the residual for a 36 month, 12K mile per year lease. If your cap cost is the same as the MSRP, the pre-tax payment is $731.39/mo for 36 months.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page to determine what a good selling price should be, then negotiate to that number with your dealer. Every $1000 you save on the selling price translates to a $28/mo savings in your payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014

Hi, what is the residual and MF for 2015 428i Convertible for 12k and 15k? The lease would be for 36 months. Thanks.

@ravi13 said:
    Hi, what is the residual and MF for 2015 428i Convertible for 12k and 15k? The lease would be for 36 months. Thanks.

.00130 and 58% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• muffinflavoredmuffinflavored Member Posts: 83

What are the residual and money factor for the 435i for whatever the sweet spot is? What is it, 36 months or 39 months? 10k miles?

@muffinflavored said:
    What are the residual and money factor for the 435i for whatever the sweet spot is? What is it, 36 months or 39 months? 10k miles?

36mo, 10K/yr = .00130 MF and 63% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    36mo, 10K/yr = .00130 MF and 63% residual.

Might the 24 month lease be a sweet spot for the car?

Are there any incentives/rebates available on this car?

What's a typical discount to be expected? Is it likely to walk into a dealer looking to get 10%? If not on this car, how about a 2014?

@muffinflavored said:
    Might the 24 month lease be a sweet spot for the car?

Add 6% to the residual for 24 months. 36 months is usually the sweet spot, unless there is a special on 33 or 39 months where the residual is adjusted for favorable terms.

Are there any incentives/rebates available on this car?

On the 2015's, not at this time.

What's a typical discount to be expected? Is it likely to walk into a dealer looking to get 10%? If not on this car, how about a 2014?

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page to see what the typical transaction price should be; generally the rule is invoice - available incentives. Not sure that 10% is an achievable goal. 2014's might have more room to negotiate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    Use the pricing tools at the top of the page to see what the typical transaction price should be; generally the rule is invoice - available incentives. Not sure that 10% is an achievable goal. 2014's might have more room to negotiate.

When are incentives usually available for a car? How long does it take to achieve 8%+ off MSRP after a car is released on the market? 6 months?

@muffinflavored said:
    When are incentives usually available for a car? How long does it take to achieve 8%+ off MSRP after a car is released on the market? 6 months?

Too many variables to really say. Depends on supply and demand, mostly. With the 4-series being more of a 'niche' vehicle for BMW, I would think later rather than sooner.

But, I could be wrong.

All you can do is go into the dealer and present your offer. They will accept or reject based on market conditions and/or the needs of the dealership to sell one more unit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jeffrjeffr Member Posts: 8

Am planing to lease a 2015 428 Gran Coupe - and noticed that BMW now has offers for leases that look reasonably attractive. For my zip code (30004 - Atlanta area) they are offering a 428 GC with premium package (Car value is said to be $43,900) and the lease is for 10K miles a year - 36 months - and the payment is $439. According to the BMW "build your car" - they estimate that a car at that price point would have a $490 / month lease payment.

I'm trying to figure out what the "variable" is in their lease offer - I assume it must be some sort of cap cost reduction or money factor reduction - as I would assume that they would hold the residual value constant. Am i right? If someone can share how they get to their lease offer, that would be very helpful.

I wanted to try and build what I want and then apply the same sort of "variable" so that I can figure out the potential lease payment.

Would appreciate any guidance - and would also love to know the current MF and residual for the 2015 428GC. Would like to know for both 10K/year and 12K/year mileage.

Thanks very much for the info.

@jeffr said:
    Am planing to lease a 2015 428 Gran Coupe - and noticed that BMW now has offers for leases that look reasonably attractive. For my zip code (30004 - Atlanta area) they are offering a 428 GC with premium package (Car value is said to be $43,900) and the lease is for 10K miles a year - 36 months - and the payment is $439. According to the BMW "build your car" - they estimate that a car at that price point would have a $490 / month lease payment.

I'm trying to figure out what the "variable" is in their lease offer - I assume it must be some sort of cap cost reduction or money factor reduction - as I would assume that they would hold the residual value constant. Am i right? If someone can share how they get to their lease offer, that would be very helpful.

I wanted to try and build what I want and then apply the same sort of "variable" so that I can figure out the potential lease payment.

Would appreciate any guidance - and would also love to know the current MF and residual for the 2015 428GC. Would like to know for both 10K/year and 12K/year mileage.

MF is .00130 and residual is either 62% or 63%.

Most advertised deals expect the dealer to make a contribution (aka discount) from MSRP, as well as a cap cost reduction. The website probably assumes no discount.

Use the shopping tools at the top of the page to get a price target for your car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@jeffr said:

They are using .00130 MF and residual for 63% for 36mo, 10K/yr.

The advertised payment assumes a $600 discount from the dealer. If you read the fine print, the due at signing is $4164, which is $3000 downpayment, $725 acquisition fee and $425 first payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jeffrjeffr Member Posts: 8

Thanks for the feedback. What is the residual for a 12K a year lease for that car? (I'm assuming only that changes - and not the MF, correct?)

@jeffr said:
    Thanks for the feedback. What is the residual for a 12K a year lease for that car? (I'm assuming only that changes - and not the MF, correct?)

Subtract 1% from the residual to go from 10K/yr to 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zoepupzoepup Member Posts: 19

Hello. Looking for residual and MF on 2015 435ix M Sport. 36 month / 15k per year
    Thanks!

@zoepup said:
    Hello. Looking for residual and MF on 2015 435ix M Sport. 36 month / 15k per year
    Thanks!

.00130 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tjacob86tjacob86 Member Posts: 12

if anyone can help me. looking to get a 428xi GC 15K lease msrp is 51600 have a dealer invoice for 1000. off so it is 50600, MF is .00130 Residual is 60% 725 bnk fee, doc fee 350. sales tax(7%) 1737.59. govt fees($521.50). . monthly is 665.65. NO cap cost reduction just taxes and fees upfront with monthly payment.. what do you think.

@tjacob86 said:
    if anyone can help me. looking to get a 428xi GC 15K lease msrp is 51600 have a dealer invoice for 1000. off so it is 50600, MF is .00130 Residual is 60% 725 bnk fee, doc fee 350. sales tax(7%) 1737.59. govt fees($521.50). . monthly is 665.65. NO cap cost reduction just taxes and fees upfront with monthly payment.. what do you think.

Not sure what you mean by "dealer invoice for 1000. off". Is that the dealer discount from MSRP? If so, I get $652/mo.

Not much of a discount, but of course, it's a brand new model. It's good that you are getting the base MF and acq.fee. Another $1000 off would net you $29/mo., pre-tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thankyou kyfdx, he got it down to 628.52. took another 1,640 off.. question when it comes to tire warrany, is there any room to negotiate? or is it as is..

@tjacob86 said:
    Thankyou kyfdx, he got it down to 628.52. took another 1,640 off.. question when it comes to tire warrany, is there any room to negotiate? or is it as is..

Tire warranties are dealer items, and usually marked up substantially.. They are negotiable, but rarely a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

rarely good deal? if its 1600 for the time of the lease.. and if u pop a few tires dont u make it back .. isnt it like 500$ to replace a tire if it pop? thank u again for the advice

@tjacob86 said:
    rarely good deal? if its 1600 for the time of the lease.. and if u pop a few tires dont u make it back .. isnt it like 500$ to replace a tire if it pop? thank u again for the advice

Where do you live that you think you might pop a few tires in a 36 month lease?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@tjacob86 said:

I'm 33 months into a 36 month lease on an Infiniti with 18" tires.. no pops..

I run 35 and 40 series 18" tires on my other car (BMW), and the only tire damage I've had was a blowout on a worn-out 17" winter tire.. That's over 4 years and 45K miles.. (and that was because I didn't dodge the pothole... my fault).

The last time I bent a rim was in 1982 on my Accord hatchback...

Just watch where you are going.. Insurance is for expenses you can't pay yourself.. like rebuilding your house if it burns down, or running into that Mercedes and totalling your BMW... Not for tires and wheels. That just buys the guy at the BMW dealership a bigger boat.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

nj/nyc.. i have an AUDI A4 with s line packageing 18s' went through 3 tires last year.. maybe reckless driving.. .. life of lease maybe 5 tires... in 36.. so are you saying its never a smart buy?
    can u give me quote on 10K miles for 428 xi GC. please advice: im thinking about getting the lease for 10 k miles and then buying miles later, smart move?
    please advice: how do u calculate tax on a lease if im paying it upfront it is based on the residual value / msrp/final price?

@tjacob86 said:
    nj/nyc.. i have an AUDI A4 with s line packageing 18s' went through 3 tires last year.. maybe reckless driving.. .. life of lease maybe 5 tires... in 36.. so are you saying its never a smart buy?
    can u give me quote on 10K miles for 428 xi GC. please advice: im thinking about getting the lease for 10 k miles and then buying miles later, smart move?
    please advice: how do u calculate tax on a lease if im paying it upfront it is based on the residual value / msrp/final price?

In NY, you calculate the sales tax on the sum of the payments, which can then either be paid up front or rolled into the cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Help with European Delivery invoice price. For 2015 428i Convertible, I am getting MSRP of $48,750 and ED Invoice of $41,710. Am I close?

@ravi13 said:
    Help with European Delivery invoice price. For 2015 428i Convertible, I am getting MSRP of $48,750 and ED Invoice of $41,710. Am I close?

I'm not familiar enough with the BMW ED program to comment on your price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mnn5gtmnn5gt Member Posts: 1
    I'm putting in an ED order for a 2015 428i. What is the latest MF and residual on a 36 months/12k miles lease? Would the rate be different on a 39/15 lease? Thanks.

@mnn5gt said:
    I'm putting in an ED order for a 2015 428i. What is the latest MF and residual on a 36 months/12k miles lease? Would the rate be different on a 39/15 lease? Thanks.

Base MF is .00130, 36/12 RV is 62%.

BMW does not offer 39 month leases, and anything over 36 months is prohibitively expensive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bccaputobccaputo Member Posts: 2

My 435i GC xDrive shows up this week, and I'm still trying to decide whether to lease or finance. Latest money factor and residual for 36 mo., 12k, not including the benefit of any MSD? Thanks!

@bccaputo said:
    My 435i GC xDrive shows up this week, and I'm still trying to decide whether to lease or finance. Latest money factor and residual for 36 mo., 12k, not including the benefit of any MSD? Thanks!

I'll assume this is a 2015 - .00130 MF and 62%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bccaputobccaputo Member Posts: 2

Yes, 2015. Thanks Michael!

• edmundsfan8edmundsfan8 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014

Hi Guys,

Getting ready to lease my first car so please have patients with this newbie :) Based on reading the previous comments, I have asked for the following information from the dealer:

1. Model: 2015 428i M Sport/Tech/DriveAssist/Premium/19"Wheels/HK/Heated Front Seats
    2. MSRP: 53,975
    3. Invoice: (Price quoted): 50,185 (wheel locks, window tint included)
    4. Money Factor: 0.00170
    5. Residual: 61%
    6. Duration/Miles: 3yr/10k
    7. Drive Off: First Payment, License Fee, $150 Documentation
    8. Acquisition Cost: 925
    9. State: Washington

Questions:

1. Any more information I need to get from the dealer?
    2. Based on previous comments, I think the Acquisition Cost and Money Factor are high. If so, what's a number that is reasonable to negotiate considering I am getting the car at a discount?
    3. From previous posts, I see that I shouldn't put any money down, does this hold true and if so should I leverage MSDs instead?
    4. What is the best way to calculate an estimated monthly payment with the numbers above, I got 701 with zero down including tax but I think that is low so I must be doing something wrong?
    5. Any other feedback?

Thanks so much for your patience, guidance, and information.