Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

The mosquitos are still pretty challenging after our wet winter/spring. Better them than the biting flies. :)

Was actually a great day here; yesterday was a bit too warm. Sunny but cooler; would be perfect top down weather. Just don't stop and let the skeeters catch up with you.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,162

Spotted a white Canine-Hundred today, in traffic, couldn't tell if rental or not.

Saw an ELR at the dealer, and an M235i in a parking lot.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232

@fintail said:
    Saw an ELR at the dealer, and an M235i in a parking lot.

I think I can one up you - I saw an ELR in the wild, with temp tags on it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Ooh, a private plated ELR, definitely haven't seen one of those. I saw it at the dealer again this morning. It'll be a tough sell here, where all of the wealthy tech dorks adore Tesla.

@Michaell said:

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    edited July 2014

And rightly so since we're talking similar money for significantly more performance, room, comfort, utility, etc. The whole idea of the ELR is ridiculous, IMHO.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I almost think the ELR was conceived before product planners knew about the Tesla - and by the it was ready, it was too late. A big "oh crap" from the development team, no doubt. Future rarity.

@qbrozen said:
    And rightly so since we're talking similar money for significantly more performance, room, comfort, utility, etc. The whole idea of the ELR is ridiculous, IMHO.

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165

Speaking of the ELR, and maybe Caddy's in general, I wonder when the industry styling trends will move back to these more angular looks? I think I see bit of that influence in things like the new Sonata or maybe even a bit in the new Avalon in the rear fast back. Of course, I don't think mileage and performance requirements will ever bring back something like a '66 Plymouth Fury or Ford LTD sedan :p My current wish is to kill off all of the large fish mouth front ends, and that includes the Lexus "spindle" and it's spillover into some of the newer Toyota's.

edited July 2014

Er, you want more angular? Can't help you with the fishmouth spindle though. B)

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165

I know - you'll grow to love it :o

omg. Is it going to stand up and start wielding a fiery sword?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I've seen 2x new Fit in the past day, and maybe not brand new, but an F sport LS has to be rare.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,537

oh yeah I was next to a new fit yesterday too. Quite a bit different looking than the old style.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

"Nothing in the subcompact segment comes close"

2015 Honda Fit Road Test

2015 Honda Fit Video Review

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046

I like the look of this one a lot more..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    edited July 2014

Spotted a silver Cadillac XTS hearse at Tabor and Rhawn in NE Philly. It does make for a pretty sleek last ride!

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805

I've seen quite a few of those around.

I remember a local funeral home using a Cadillac EXT as a flower car.

There was a new unplated 428i in the parking garage of my building this morning - black with lots of black trim and kind of plain wheels - looked basic.

also saw a new 4 today. But didn't see the trunk, so I don't know what model. Blue. Looks pretty good from the front.

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

On my morning commute today, I was driving next to one of those Murano convertibles. In person, with the top down, it looked even weirder than they look in pictures.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica

@henryn said:
    On my morning commute today, I was driving next to one of those Murano convertibles. In person, with the top down, it looked even weirder than they look in pictures.

Get a good look; Nissan is discontinuing both that and the Cube for 2015.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

saw, and sat in, a new 2015 Legacy today. Very nice upgrade to the previous model.

2015 Hyundai Genesis and Sonata, parked out front of the dealer. front ends quite similar. And both much more attractive than the last generation.

I saw a dealer plated Lexus NX in traffic today. I can't say it looks better in person.

edited July 2014

Don't know if I should post this here or in the "I Spotted an Obscure Car" topic, but I saw a silver Hyundai Azera on Tabor Avenue near Levick in NE Philly.

Forgot to mention that I saw a Wrangler Unlimited a couple of weeks ago. Nothing too unusual about that but this was the first one I've seen cruising around with all the doors off. The roof appeared to be on, which seems to be an unusual combination judging by the lack of images on the net.

@stever said:
    Forgot to mention that I saw a Wrangler Unlimited a couple of weeks ago. Nothing too unusual about that but this was the first one I've seen cruising around with all the doors off. The roof appeared to be on, which seems to be an unusual combination judging by the lack of images on the net.

Steve, you'll see a lot more of that when you move out West. Not a day goes by that I don't see a Jeep (2 doors or 4) with the doors off and the roof on.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

~Six more weeks. B)

Chevy Impala LTX, sunroof, bluish Silver Topaz Metallic color. Didn't notice if it was the V6 or the 4 cylinder. Nice looking sedan and looked pretty tricked out. No idea of the year.

My wife thought an Impala should be bigger.

I saw a couple of new RAV4s today - usually something that couldn't be less remarkable, but these ones were Bing Maps photography vehicles.

Saw a Tesla dealership last night. :)

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Saw 3 Teslas yesterday on a 200 miler around central CA...even 3 different colors. Handsome car. I even tailgated one to see if I could get him to drain his batteries, but no such luck :)

Saw an i3 in traffic today - it even used turn signals twice, so probably someone new to driving a BMW B)

In Santa Monica today; Mercedes with a 5550 (?) badge, Ferrari of some sort at the curb with a fat guy yakking on his phone in speaker mode, and a plug-in hybrid Prius.

• anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277

(2) new Outbacks last night. Looks great, still not sure about the CVT...

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,731

In Pac Pal, a Lambo Aventador with an Audi R8 right behind it. As well as a MB SLS AMG convertible, several Ferrari Italias, including convertible, McLaren convertible, several Bentley Conti GT 'verts and a few new Jag F-Types 'verts. I love LA...cars!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

edited July 2014

Got some passenger seat time in a rental Ford Edge yesterday. Nice enough rig but a bit meh. Nice interior, leather, etc. Played with the nav and Sync a lot. Seemed okay from the intuitive standpoint but a few items were buried a menu or two too deep (like seat heat and switching from FM to XM, but some of that could have been unfamiliarly with the system). Overall it was a lot better than I was expecting after reading about all the complaints (at least the JD Power comments) over the last few years.

I dunno, if I'm going "big" why not go minivan? My guess is that the space isn't much worse in a smaller hatch, like a Soul.

@stever said:
    Got some passenger seat time in a rental Ford Edge yesterday. Nice enough rig but a bit meh. Nice interior, leather, etc. Played with the nav and Sync a lot. Seemed okay from the intuitive standpoint but a few items were buried a menu or two too deep (like seat heat and switching from FM to XM, but some of that could have been unfamiliarly with the system). Overall it was a lot better than I was expecting after reading about all the complaints (at least the JD Power comments) over the last few years.

I dunno, if I'm going "big" why not go minivan? My guess is that the space isn't much worse in a smaller hatch, like a Soul.

my sister and her family of 5 are in central Florida for the week, taking in the attractions. Their rental for the week is an Edge. She seems to like it; their family car at home is a Navigator.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

I've driven the CVT and....well, it's a CVT. The manual paddle shifting helps but it seems like an awkward pretense in a car like that.

@anythngbutgm said:
    (2) new Outbacks last night. Looks great, still not sure about the CVT...

I saw a new Sonata today, white. From a distance I thought "Fusion", but then realized it wasn't. It has less styling, which isn't a bad thing. The 6 window thing is a full blown fad now.

Spotted a white Chevrolet SS in a driveway near the SE corner of Palmetto and Stanwood in NE Philly.

edited August 2014

Ok, I'll need some help here. 2 days ago, we were driving through Death Valley and happened upon an interesting sight. A tent was set up on the side of the road with 4 vehicles: 2 camouflaged Benz cars along with a Chevy SUV and Benz SUV support vehicles. We pulled a quick u-turn and pulled into their camping spot to say Hi. The one man who spoke had a German accent of course. I didn't want to put them on the spot and ask about the vehicles and we didn't get out of the car.

Anyway, one was fairly heavy disguised but I can only think it was an SLR. Are they coming out with a new one soon? The other was more lightly camouflaged but I'm still not sure what it was only because it was partly blocked by the other vehicles. It was big, but they just intro'd a new S class. I then thought maybe a new CLS? Any other ideas?

Then about another 15 mins down the road, we saw a 3rd going the opposite direction back to camp. This was heavily masked but the shape was obviously X6-like, so the upcoming Benz competitor. Needless to say, this was all a very cool experience for me personally.

Funny enough, we got to Furnace Creek in the middle of the Valley and there at the gas station were 3 more disguised vehicles filling up. These, however, we're not Mercedes. Based on some of the cues, I thought Chevy, but then thought I could make out a Toyota symbol under the tape on one of the wheels. Before I ever mentioned my first thoughts of Chevy, the wife said she believed she saw a Chevy logo under tape, so I think we'll go with that. These seemed to be all the same car and pretty much the same car and about Cruze size. Now, they are working on the 2016 Cruze, but what is a bit odd is that the ones we saw were far more disguised than the spy photos Car and Driver already published. Doesn't look like the same car.

hopefully this link works

That looks like the next Volt.

edited August 2014

Hmmm...interesting suggestion. Not sure how/why they'd be testing that in Death Valley, but you never know.

Edit: just checked and I think you nailed it. Looks like the C&D spy photos they say is the Volt.

edited August 2014

M-class coupe

GT AMG

I gues those are what they are being called for now. Still not sure on other car. Thought S coupe but I see now that has been revealed. Could it have been the C63? I dunno. Seemed bigger but maybe cause it was next to the sportscar.

Yup it's official, MB is going for the BMW and Audi "sausages of different lengths" design ideal.

@qbrozen said:
    Hmmm...interesting suggestion. Not sure how/why they'd be testing that in Death Valley, but you never know.

Edit: just checked and I think you nailed it. Looks like the C&D spy photos they say is the Volt.

It needs to have the AC and cooling systems tested just like any other car and of course the cooling system for the batteries.

last year we spent a night at a hotel on the outskirts of Columbia, SC. in the parking lot, was a fleet of disguised cars (I think on trailers at that point? but under wraps). I was going to pump the desk guy for info or go peek, but my wife gave the stare of death. In the AM, they were gone before we went down for breakfast.

I suppose they could have been one of those touring caravans where the dealers bring in competitors to drive. At this point, my mind is mushy so I can't swear they had cammo on!

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,314

@stickguy. There were probably BMW's. Their plant is not far from Columbia, maybe Spartanburg?

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert