Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Fit EV, Insight Discontinued | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Honda
imageHonda Fit EV, Insight Discontinued | Edmunds.com

The Honda Fit EV and Honda Insight have been discontinued, an American Honda spokesman told Edmunds on Tuesday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• drcomputerdrcomputer Member Posts: 82

Yet another traditional auto maker bowing to the gasoline gods and sacrificing their EVs as an offering. Let black gold be king! (not)

• sjw91sjw91 Member Posts: 22

And take the CRZ with them!

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

@drcomputer said:
    Yet another traditional auto maker bowing to the gasoline gods and sacrificing their EVs as an offering. Let black gold be king! (not)

I don't think anyone bowed to anyone.

They simply dumped a couple of cars that simply didn't sell very well.

The Insights have miserable visibility and were too expensive.

A Civic gets nearly the same mileage and is a much nicer car to drive for a lot less money.

At least they tried. What doesn't sell needs to go!

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131

I've never seen a Fit EV in person, and one could believe the Insight ceased production a year ago.

• sjw91sjw91 Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2014

@isellhondas said:

A Civic gets nearly the same mileage and is a much nicer car to drive for a lot less money.

Agree, except the Insight was actually a lot cheaper than the Civic Hybrid.

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

True.

I never could understand why anyone would buy a Civic Hybrid over a non hybrid. Less power, a lot more money and a bit better gas mileage.

Making a "statement" I suppose.

• portedbikesportedbikes Member Posts: 1
    Well were to begin with this ridiculous war against electric cars... electric cars are the future, but of course they will not sell, who will pay near 50K for a crappy looking, bad mileage per charge car when you can pay 70K and get a Tesla Model S? Make an electric car at least as good as the 1999 EV1 and price it accordingly, an electric car with 100-130 miles per charge, with a top speed of 110-120 MPH and good looking and then you can say that the car does not sell. I been waiting for the electric cars to be on the market but all have been discontinued so fast that I have never seen one on a dealership.
    Well with the fuel cell, we will still need, spark plugs, timing belts or chains, oil changes, air filters, oil filters, tune ups, spark plugs cables or even better the whole coils as the new models have 1 coil per spark plug. This way we will still be feeding the cookie monster.
    It is ok if you do not like the electric car, just do not buy one, but for those that like them... why there is no options? and when there is one it looks as horrible as the Insight, gets you nowhere per charge, you have to pay like you are buying an airplane, your top speed is crippled, you need to jump so many obstacles to get your charging station approved before you can purchase the car, you have to make a deposit and sign a waiting list of 6 to 12 months... and then you have to read that they are discontinuing the model because there is not enough sells?
    Is there a waiting list for the gasoline models? I guess not, does that means they are not selling enough of them and they are discontinuing the models as well?

This is 2001 all over again, for those that want to learn about the electric cars and how every time this lies are repeated, I will recommend you to watch the movie called: Who killed the electric car, this cars where designed in the 90s and 15 years later they do not make them any better, they just changed the looks to make them uglier I guess.

I am sorry Honda but my Accord will not be replaced by another Honda, unless you guys make a good electric car, my next car will be a Tesla Model S, I am just tired of the lies and the B.S. excuses not to give the customers a real choice for an electric car.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098

Well with the fuel cell, we will still need, spark plugs, timing belts or chains, oil changes, air filters, oil filters, tune ups, spark plugs cables or even better the whole coils as the new models have 1 coil per spark plug. This way we will still be feeding the cookie monster.

A fuel cell vehicle does not have any of that. It runs on pure electricity from the reaction of hydrogen and oxygen. It is electric powered, with the electricity provided by a fuel cell system.

I think you may be thinking of hydrogen powered vehicles, which run on hydrogen, but use conventional engine technology - but not gasoline.