Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited January 2014 in BMW

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 BMW 5 Series purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 BMW 5 Series, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit the 2014 BMW 5 Series Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 BMW 5 Series page.

To see all forums discussions about the BMW 5 Series, including earlier model years, please visit our list of BMW 5 Series discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• dohoonsterdohoonster Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014

Sorry for the post below.

Just found out that I posted in a wrong forum. Sorry again.

Hello
    Newbie here.
    I really appreciate all the great help that everyone is providing.
    I wanted to see if I got a good deal with my recent purchase, so I can refer my friends to the sales person.
    Purchased on 8/3.

Details are as below.

• YR. 2014 528i with Alpine white exrerior
    • Cinnamon brown Dakota leather
    • Premium package
    • Heated front seats
    • Rear view camera
    • Park Distance control

• MSRP :$54,675 (net total of $53,750 + $925 destination charge)

• Dealer invoice : $ 50,970
    • Negotiated final selling price : $46,800
    • $1,500 OOP paid (included first moth payment)
    • 12,000 mi / yr
    • 3 year lease
    • MF : 0.00130
    • Residual value : $33351.75 (61%)
    • Acquisition fee: $725
    • Tax is 8% for where I live

Total difference from MSRP to selling price was in saving of $7,875, and $4,170 below invoice.
    Final number was $524.87 (tax included).
    I think it is a good deal looking at the selling price.
    However, I was not sure if the monthly lease number was calculated correct.
    Let me know what you all think.
    Thanks in advance everyone!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,062

I get $477/mo.+tax , or if I add the $725 to the CAP cost, I get $499/mo.+ tax... So, sure looks like you are in the ballpark.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fabmomfabmom Member Posts: 1
    I have just negotiated a deal on a 2014 BMW 535d, premium package, heated seat, backup camera, parking sensor, Harmon kardon sound system. MSRP $61550, sale price $51000. Is this a reasonable deal? Can I negotiate it lower?