Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Memorial Day Marks Start of Risky Driving Season for Teens | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in General
imageMemorial Day Marks Start of Risky Driving Season for Teens | Edmunds.com

Summer is the season of the deadliest 100 days for teen drivers. Safety experts and researchers offer advice on minimizing the death risk.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• cwilli4cwilli4 Member Posts: 1

I can attest to the pain cause d by an accident (the other drivers fault). I was in one a few years ago (not at high speeds) but just the shock of it left me dazed and confused. I luckily had a friend with me who is an attorney who knew exactly what and how we should proceed with this situation. She had a check list of steps that we followed that not only kept us safe but also protected us legally from any repercussions of the fender bender. My friend put the steps that we followed on her website http://lawblog.wallacegraham.com/auto-accident-check-list/ . This may be something that you would want to go over with your teens or even print it off and leave a copy in the glove compartment.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2014

There's a similar checklist on the back of my problem insurance card.

The problem of course, as you note, is trying to remember what to do in such a situation since you usually aren't thinking clearly. That includes remembering that you have a checklist to refer to.

I like your method of just hauling your lawyer along with you all the time. :)