Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Lexus IS 250 Lease Questions

Comments

• wjkalana1wjkalana1 Member Posts: 17

Interested in a 2014 lexus IS250AWD with Navigation package. MSRP is around $ 44,000 how much should I ask for? Is $38,500 sounds too low pls advice

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,144

@SarahLaMantia said:
    Hi Michaell‌ Looking for the current #'s on the IS250 AWD w/ Nav Pkg.
    24 or 36 month (or anything in between if they offer it) and 12K miles or under (7500 pref)

Thank you!!

24/7.5 - 74%

27/7.5 - 72%

30/7.5 - 69%

33/7.5 - 67%

36/7.5 - 64%

MF is .00085 for all. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@wjkalana1 said:
    Interested in a 2014 lexus IS250AWD with Navigation package. MSRP is around $ 44,000 how much should I ask for? Is $38,500 sounds too low pls advice

I'm not in the market, so can't really comment on what is a good selling price. Use the pricing tools at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• cesarbcesarb Member Posts: 21

Can you please post the numbers MF and residual for August IS250 AWD I live in Michigan

edited August 2014

MF 0.00067 and residual 24 months 10k is 73%

@wjkalana1 said:
    MF 0.00067 and residual 24 months 10k is 73%

sorry forgo to mention is 27 mo/10k , and 27 mo 12k

27 months 10k is 71% and 7500 is 72%. So I guess 27 months 12 k is 70%

Pulled the trigger for lexus IS250 AWD F sport. MSRP $ 45083 selling price is $ 39,000 MF is 0.00003 after 8 security deposits. Payment for the moment is $ 252 +tax. (Payed $ 700 acc fee + doc fee + title and registration) But After checking the documents found out dealer had made an error so going to talk about them on today when I go to pick the car. I thought thats a good deal.

edited August 2014

Paying MSD is the best investment I have made considering the return you get. $2200 MSD saved me $880 on interests. Thats almost 20% APR for your money.

• gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96

wjkalana1
    At that price I wouldn't go back and ask to review the paperwork. Sounds like you could only end up having to may MORE. Your deal sounds incredible. I bought an IS250 F sport last week and thought I did well until I saw your post.
    MSRP was $43,000 and Sale price was $39,000 Monthly was $313 plus tax With the same $700 down.

Well I figured it out my self, there was no error it was my mistake. But anyway I got a really nice deal. All it took was trying to walk away for couple of times. But I could have got another $500 but didnt wanted to go for it cos I wanted to have good terms with the dealership. By the way did you do MSD cos before doing MSDs my payment was $50 per month higher.

Yes I did use the Max MSD's (refundable deposit) that reduced the payment by around $50 monthly

edited August 2014

I only use 8 MSDs as it gave me the MF of 0.00003 and dealer said I cant use the 9th deposit as MF cant go negative. I leant a lot from this forum specially about the MSD system.

Are MSD available in Michigan?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217

@cesarb said:
    Are MSD available in Michigan?

MSDs are available just about everywhere but NY

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jrk7jrk7 Member Posts: 7

The 2014s are gone around here. Does any one here have MF and residuals on the 2015 IS? If you click in the 2015 model discussions, for some reason the system is showing RX discussions.

@jrk7 said:
    The 2014s are gone around here. Does any one here have MF and residuals on the 2015 IS? If you click in the 2015 model discussions, for some reason the system is showing RX discussions.

The only 2015 numbers we have at the moment are for the RX. Perhaps in September, when the 2015 IS's (IS' ?) hit the lots, we'll get numbers for them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• taekimtaekim Member Posts: 2

Please help~ I found out my credit score came down alot.. Im at NJ and my score is 625 TU. can some tell me which tier i would qualify for IS 250 Fsport and what the MF will be? really appreciate your help!

@taekim said:
    Please help~ I found out my credit score came down alot.. Im at NJ and my score is 625 TU. can some tell me which tier i would qualify for IS 250 Fsport and what the MF will be? really appreciate your help!

625 is tier 5; for the IS250, the MF would be .00365.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jrk7jrk7 Member Posts: 7

As stated before, there are no 2014's left here in Southern California. I worked this deal on a base 2015 IS250 tonight.Actually the dealer put these numbers on the table up front. MSRP 38,533, Sales price 35,161.Total down 1300, MF .00150, residual .76, 10k miles, 24x347 pre-tax.

I think I can get another 500 off the sales price, but was pleasantly surprised by the residual.

For 12k miles the residual is .75

he dealer made a good point in stating that you should go 24 mos as opposed to the generally advertised 27 mos. That was you save a year's registration fee.

What are your thoughts on these figures ? The dealer insists that the MF is the absolute lowest
    offered.

@jrk7 said:
    As stated before, there are no 2014's left here in Southern California. I worked this deal on a base 2015 IS250 tonight.Actually the dealer put these numbers on the table up front. MSRP 38,533, Sales price 35,161.Total down 1300, MF .00150, residual .76, 10k miles, 24x347 pre-tax.

I think I can get another 500 off the sales price, but was pleasantly surprised by the residual.

For 12k miles the residual is .75

he dealer made a good point in stating that you should go 24 mos as opposed to the generally advertised 27 mos. That was you save a year's registration fee.

What are your thoughts on these figures ? The dealer insists that the MF is the absolute lowest
    offered.

The only 2015 MF's we have are for the RX, so cannot confirm nor deny what you're being offered by the dealer.

That said, $347/mo before tax is not a bad payment on a car that stickers for over $38K.

I agree with the dealer on the 24 vs. 27 month lease, depending on the cost of registration (or taxes) in the state you live in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• _oofie__oofie_ Member Posts: 13

Hi,

Can I get the MF and RV on a 24 or 27 month lease with 10 or 12k miles for a 2014 IS 250 RWD? My local dealer (San Francisco, CA) still has a few 2014 models and looking to get a good deal on them.

Thanks!

@oofie said:
    Hi,

Can I get the MF and RV on a 24 or 27 month lease with 10 or 12k miles for a 2014 IS 250 RWD? My local dealer (San Francisco, CA) still has a few 2014 models and looking to get a good deal on them.

Thanks!

24/12 - 72%

27/12 - 70%

Add 1% for 10K.

MF is .00085.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    MF is .00085.

Thanks Michaell!

• thenameisthenameis Member Posts: 4

@wjkalana1 said:
    Well I figured it out my self, there was no error it was my mistake. But anyway I got a really nice deal. All it took was trying to walk away for couple of times. But I could have got another $500 but didnt wanted to go for it cos I wanted to have good terms with the dealership. By the way did you do MSD cos before doing MSDs my payment was $50 per month higher.

How did you get such a low monthly payment? What was the residual? And miles? And was it a 27 month lease? Even with MSDs, it seems impossible to get a payment that low. Lowest I can calculate for a 39k car is 350 a month.

I will do a simple calculation for my car. (I did not put down any money towards the car all I did was to pay the acc fee so for this example I will use as 0 down.) MSRP- 45083 Selling price 39000. Residual Value 32910 MF- 0.00003 MA sales tax 6.25%. Put these numbers in a lease calculator and you will get $271 per month (including sales tax). I pay $267 per month.

edited August 2014
    Thanks for the quick response! I'm trying to get a similar offer on a 2014 is250 f sport with an MSRP of 43.5k. Your payments are what I'm trying to shoot for, although I don't even know how the dealer would react to such a proposal lol. Also, your lease term is for how long and for how many miles? Thanks

Sorry its for 24 months 10k per year. May I know which state you live in? And I didnt get this offer as the first one. What I said for the dealer after they declined the offer is "I ll leave now and go to some other dealer and offer this and if this was an impossible price they will not offer this. So if I cant get this price I ll come back to your dealership." Then they gave me this offer. Keep in mind bring your laptop with you and use online lease calculators for the payment.

wjkalana,
    Sounds like a deal that is unbelievable.
    1. Selling you a vehicle with MSRP of $45.083 at $39,000 is amazing. Invoice is probably over $41,000
    2. There is always a $700 Bank Fee seems like you didn't have to pay it?
    3. Most Lexus dealers also charge a "DEALER FEE" generally around $700, seems they did not charge that either?
    4. You must have had a dealer that was VERY aggressive to make this sale.
    gwarrenfl

wjkalana, I live in Northern California. The 2014s in my color choice are actually sold out, so I have no choice but to settle for a 2015 model. I still want to get as low payments as possible and use MSDs to bring the payment down. Thanks for your guidance!
    Does anyone have MF and Residual values for the 2015 IS250? I'm gonna go to the dealership tomorrow to see their F Sports. They have one for 44k. What can I expect to pay on the new models?

@thenameis said:
    Does anyone have MF and Residual values for the 2015 IS250? I'm gonna go to the dealership tomorrow to see their F Sports. They have one for 44k. What can I expect to pay on the new models?

We do not have any lease information on the 2015 IS at this time. Perhaps in September, when the numbers are updated.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@gwarrenfl said:
    wjkalana,
    Sounds like a deal that is unbelievable.
    1. Selling you a vehicle with MSRP of $45.083 at $39,000 is amazing. Invoice is probably over $41,000
    2. There is always a $700 Bank Fee seems like you didn't have to pay it?
    3. Most Lexus dealers also charge a "DEALER FEE" generally around $700, seems they did not charge that either?
    4. You must have had a dealer that was VERY aggressive to make this sale.
    gwarrenfl

Oh no your misunderstanding, for the simplicity of the calculation I made it like that. I payed Acc Fee $ 700 and doc fee and registration. Since I payed them upfront I didnt use that for the calculation. But the deal that I got for the car is quite amazing

But my Doc fee was not $700 it was $ 298 and registration was $ 125 so all in all it was around $1100.

• soulsurfer2soulsurfer2 Member Posts: 29

Getting set to lease a IS. First I understand I should be negotiating selling price but my question do I also need to negotiate any leasing terms before being sent to financing? From what I understand MF, residual, acquisition fees, etc. set by LFS and MF based on your credit rating? Has anyone walked out on financing not closing the deal or is this uncommon?

Well in my case first I agree on the pricing. Then I agree on the monthly payment based on the pricing and the best available credit rating. Make sure you use a online lease calculator (edmunds one is the best) to check is the monthly payment is correct. Then if you are planing to do MSD just happen the mention that to the sales person. Then send it to financing. This way its much better. But I m no expert but this method worked for me.

@soulsurfer2 said:
    Getting set to lease a IS. First I understand I should be negotiating selling price but my question do I also need to negotiate any leasing terms before being sent to financing? From what I understand MF, residual, acquisition fees, etc. set by LFS and MF based on your credit rating? Has anyone walked out on financing not closing the deal or is this uncommon?

There is a base MF set by LFS that the dealer can inflate; you want to ensure that doesn't happen to you. MF also increases depending on your credit score.

Acquisition fee, residual value and MSRP cannot be modified.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mffazwanimffazwani Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2014

I'm looking into the IS250 F-Sport that has an MSRP of about $44K. I want to get the MF and RV for 24/12, 27/12, 36/12, and 48/12. I'm in So Cal.

Also, I intend to buy out the car since I will definitely go over the 12K per year (considerable amount). So if I were to go with the 36/12 and extend another year, would the RV used to calculate my buyout be dependent on the RV when I originally sign or when I extend after 36 months?

@mffazwani said:
    I'm looking into the IS250 F-Sport that has an MSRP of about $44K. I want to get the MF and RV for 24/12, 27/12, 36/12, and 48/12. I'm in So Cal.

Also, I intend to buy out the car since I will definitely go over the 12K per year (considerable amount). So if I were to go with the 36/12 and extend another year, would the RV used to calculate my buyout be dependent on the RV when I originally sign or when I extend after 36 months?

You should get a 15K per year lease, then.

MF for the IS250 this month is .00085 for all lease terms. And, you can purchase extra miles up front for .20 per mile.

Residual values:

24/15 - 70%

27/15 - 68%

36/15 - 60%

48/15 - 51%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

wjkalana1/Michaell - I will watch the MF and bring my IPAD with me. :) I've got about 30 days before I plan to lease. Thanks for you help.

@soulsurfer2 said:
    wjkalana1/Michaell - I will watch the MF and bring my IPAD with me. :) I've got about 30 days before I plan to lease. Thanks for you help.

Well why the wait, in about 30 days all 2014s r gone and you will have to buy a 2015 with a little discount. And until sept 2 lexus pays the 1st month payment so its like you dont have to make a car payment until sept.

edited August 2014

Well why the wait, in about 30 days all 2014s will be gone and you will have to buy a 2015 with a little discount. And until sept 2 lexus pays the 1st month payment so its like you dont have to make a car payment until sept.

I read somewhere all the 2014's are sold out in CA. Is this not true?

@soulsurfer2 said:
    I read somewhere all the 2014's are sold out in CA. Is this not true?

Hard to say .. websites can be notoriously out-of-date. You might have to call the dealers directly to see what they have available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I know of a dealership with 4 2014 F sports, at least until last weekend.

• mffazwanimffazwani Member Posts: 21

I want confirm a few things that I've read in this topic:

24/12: MF=0.00085, RV=74%

36/12: MF=0.00067, RV=62%

This is for Southern California. Would you kindly confirm these for me? Thanks!

P.s. Would there be any difference through the various trims (i.e. Luxury package, F-Sport package, etc.)? This is for RWD only.

@mffazwani said:
    I want confirm a few things that I've read in this topic:

24/12: MF=0.00085, RV=74%

36/12: MF=0.00067, RV=62%

This is for Southern California. Would you kindly confirm these for me? Thanks!

P.s. Would there be any difference through the various trims (i.e. Luxury package, F-Sport package, etc.)? This is for RWD only.

Close - 24/12 RV is 72%, and the MF is .00085 for all lease terms up to 48 months.

No difference base on trim or option package, though IS350 is 1% less than RV's quoted above.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• scornil01scornil01 Member Posts: 24
    edited August 2014

Hello All,

As im reading through this forum I must be missing something, How is it possible to get 0.00003 for the MF?

Im seeing the base MF is 0.00085 for this month

each MSD is 0.00008 with max of 9 MSD's allowed

so 0.00085 - 0.00072 (9MSD)= 0.00013

is MSD's at 0.00008 incorrect? or is it possible to negotiate the 0.00085 lower with top tier credit?

Trying to get as much research in as I will be shopping this weekend :smile:

thank you

@scornil01 said:
    Hello All,

As im reading through this forum I must be missing something, How is it possible to get 0.00003 for the MF?

Im seeing the base MF is 0.00085 for this month

each MSD is 0.00008 with max of 9 MSD's allowed

so 0.00085 - 0.00072 (9MSD)= 0.00013

is MSD's at 0.00008 incorrect? or is it possible to negotiate the 0.00085 lower with top tier credit?

Trying to get as much research in as I will be shopping this weekend :smile:

thank you

Base MF is .00085; cannot be negotiated lower.

I agree with your math that .00013 is the lowest you should be able to get.

You'd have to reach out to the members who secured the deals to see how they did it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    Base MF is .00085; cannot be negotiated lower.

When I was talking to a dealership last week, they allowed me to buy down the MF from .00085 to .00040. The sales guy had a piece of paper with the current deals and there was a fine print that was somewhere along the line of security deposits can but down MF, but only up to .00040. Total of 6 security deposits should do it.

This discussion has been closed.