Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Truck Stuff - 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Chevrolet
imageTruck Stuff - 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Towing a trailer in the Edmunds.com 2014 Chevrolet Silverado

Read the full story here

Comments

• greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531

I like that last photo best. Way to capture the motion.

• diondidiondi Member Posts: 71

Kurt, 2000 lb is nothing to the Silverado - I can tow that with my Forester! I want you guys to to a big boat if someone has one, ~8000lbs or so. That's a real towing test!

• allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

@diondi said:
    Kurt, 2000 lb is nothing to the Silverado - I can tow that with my Forester! I want you guys to to a big boat if someone has one, ~8000lbs or so. That's a real towing test!

I agree. A Silverado can carry about 1,500lbs in the bed so that 2,000lb trailer is no test for the truck. The max towing varies according to which differential ratio you have but the minimum for this truck should be about 6,500lbs. GM's tow/haul system is probably the best in the business, as it should be since they were the first to introduce it.

• throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445

I took my son to the Moto GP at Indy two years ago. It was a blast. Watching on TV however is just not much fun.