Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Inadequate Sun Visors - 2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Acura
imageInadequate Sun Visors - 2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Sun visors are built to flop to the side to screen sunlight coming in through the side windows, but those in our 2014 Acura MDX come up short.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

The visors on my 2010 Honda Odyssey LX slide back and forth and are just perfect. Why wouldn't the same manufacturer do this feature on a $42,000+ vehicle?

• joner800joner800 Member Posts: 80
    edited August 2014

this just seems wrong. im 99% sure my wife's Acura RDX's visors has telescoping arms.

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021

I have always assumed the people that design this part of the interior are all very small men or women that sit bolt upright, because there is no other rational argument for a visor that is several inches shorter than the length of the door and doesn't include an extention feature of some sort.

• greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531

Maybe they should change Japan's nickname from "the land of the rising sun" to "the land of perpetual noon".

• dave210dave210 Member Posts: 242

Odd, our 2003 and 2006 MDX had and have the sliding flap for additional sun protection.

• allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

No excuse Acura. My Mom's 1994 Oldsmobile had a sliding main visor and a secondary visor you could lower when the main visor was at the side.

• mogambo1mogambo1 Member Posts: 15
    Do any of you complaining about vizors have ever thought that the combined length of the MDX's 2x doors/ window is larger than the the length of its windscreen. So tell me if you want your vizors to be so long then do you want them to be overlapping when stowed? Forget about aesthetics is that even possible considering there is a rear view mirror with a camera or laser whatever also share that space. Just think about it. I understand the telescopic nature, but not understand people complaining about their length. Think rationally before crying out.
  • sub780limesub780lime Member Posts: 3
    Old thread, but I have been running into this on my 2016 MDX. Unbelievable. To mogambo1, I don't you think you understand the concept of the telescoping arm that you find on most visors in larger vehicles. It's the exact feature created to accommodate the window being larger than the are when stowed. The fact that my 2010 and 2013 Crosstour had this feature, but my 2016 MDX that cost $15k more doesn't it pretty unbelievable.