Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Toyota Prius Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

@lije said:
    I got a 36 month lease (12,000 miles/yr) in NJ for a 2014 Prius Four (Blizzard Pearl) for $1,000 down (inclusive of first month payment) and $290/month (inclusive of taxes). Good deal?

Seems decent .. what were the MSRP and selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• lijelije Member Posts: 15

MSRP on sticker is $28,435. Gross Capitalized Cost is $29,055.06. Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $27,201.06. Which one is considered the selling price?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772

@lije said:
    MSRP on sticker is $28,435. Gross Capitalized Cost is $29,055.06. Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $27,201.06. Which one is considered the selling price?

None of them, probably...

The Gross CAP cost is the selling price plus additions (like acquisition fee, etc). Adjusted CAP cost is the same as Net CAP cost, which is the Gross CAP minus subtractions (rebates and downpayment/trade equity).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lijelije Member Posts: 15

Ah so the selling price is probably $27,576.67 which is the agreed upon value of the vehicle stated on the lease contract.

• jbrady3324jbrady3324 Member Posts: 42

I am looking to lease a Prius Two/Three this weekend. Any target prices I should aim for? Based on truecar via my employer, a buy price of $21,100 (two) and 22,400 (three) are being offered. The only reason I am considering the three is to get the moonroof.

I prefer as little down as possible and plan on neg car price with the dealer.

Any advice?

• mtbamtba Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014

Just got an offer on a lease for a PIP in Northern California. Is this a good deal?
    2014 Prius Plug in base model
    36 month / 15K miles per year
    Drive off (First payment + DMV) = $499
    Monthly payment: $249 (including tax)
    After much negotiation this is the lowest I could get, should I go forward with it?

Holy Cow! That seems awfully cheap. What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mtbamtba Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014

$31,025

If that is the car you want, I'd grab it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 138
    edited July 2014

Are numbers for July-August same as June for Prius Hatchback Package 5?

and for package Three?

June numbers were...
    [pkg FIVE] 0.00001 MF and 57% residual
    [pkg THREE] 0.00001 MF and 59% residual

Thamks.

@roadragee said:
    Are numbers for July-August same as June for Prius Hatchback Package 5?

and for package Three?

June numbers were...
    [pkg FIVE] 0.00001 MF and 57% residual
    [pkg THREE] 0.00001 MF and 59% residual

Thamks.

I would be more than happy to tell you they are ... but ... the only numbers we have for July from Toyota are for the SouthEast.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@Michaell said:

Got it. Thx. Perhaps by this weekend the numbers will be posted?

@roadragee said:
    Got it. Thx. Perhaps by this weekend the numbers will be posted?

They could show up any day...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2014

@Michaell

Could you post them when they pop up? :)
    Back in the game and ready to pull the trigger! - if everything goes as planned.
    Thank you!!

@Michaell Got any updates by any chance?

@roadragee said:
    Michaell Got any updates by any chance?

.00001 MF and 70% for 24mo/12K

.00042 MF and 60% for 36mo/12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2014

@Michaell Thanks. So they are not as good as previous month. Are these number for base trim level Two? - Did they post for Trim Three and Five?

Sweet spot seems to be 24 month deal.

@roadragee said:
    Michaell Thanks. So they are not as good as previous month. Are these number for base trim level Two? - Did they post for Trim Three and Five?

Sweet spot seems to be 24 month deal.

The numbers I have didn't differentiate between trim levels, so I assume they are all the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2014

@michaell got it. I will see how it goes. Thank you!

• pandj7pandj7 Member Posts: 2

@roadragree may I ask you which dealer in so cal you got your deal from?

edited July 2014

@pandj7 said:

roadragree may I ask you which dealer in so cal you got your deal from?

Hi. Which model are you interested in? I personally shopped for hatchback trim pkg five in Black. Blizzard white is about $10 more per month. ($395)

• pandj7pandj7 Member Posts: 2

@roadragee‌
    Thank you so much for responding!
    I'm shopping for hatchback trim pkg five in Blizzard white.

Do you know the reasonable number I should aim for?

• ianbatianbat Member Posts: 5

Northeast NJ: Should I take today's lease offer Prius 4 (MSRP 29537) $0 down 36months 12K miles annual All In $350/mo. Yesterday it was $$366/mo - will it be better tomorrow or the end of the month or end of the quarter ? Thanks in advance for informed inputs.

@ianbat said:
    Northeast NJ: Should I take today's lease offer Prius 4 (MSRP 29537) $0 down 36months 12K miles annual All In $350/mo. Yesterday it was $$366/mo - will it be better tomorrow or the end of the month or end of the quarter ? Thanks in advance for informed inputs.

What is the negotiated selling price? Does $0 down mean $0 due at signing, and all taxes and fees are rolled in?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ianbatianbat Member Posts: 5

Yes Michaell - $0 due at signing all taxes fees included @$350: $27,829 selling price> @ianbat said:

@ianbat said:
    Yes Michaell - $0 due at signing all taxes fees included @$350: $27,829 selling price> ianbat said:

Since that includes all taxes for the lease term, I think it looks pretty good. Could it be better towards the end of the month? Possibly...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hull22hull22 Member Posts: 37

I remember when trying to lease a Prius a few years ago that the dealer said Toyota residualizes the MSRP of the base model, not necessarily the MSRP of the higher trim model that you purchase. Is this still correct?

@hull22 said:
    I remember when trying to lease a Prius a few years ago that the dealer said Toyota residualizes the MSRP of the base model, not necessarily the MSRP of the higher trim model that you purchase. Is this still correct?

Not sure that is still the case, but I do know that Toyota has some, um, "different" methods of residualizing their options.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2014

@hull22 said:

My understanding is different trim levels have their own residual values - higher the MSRP, lower the residuals are. For an example, when I was shopping around, Prius Two's residual was 61% while Prius Five's residual was 57% - woooping 4% difference.

• hull22hull22 Member Posts: 37

What is the current residual and MF on the 2014 Prius Plug-in hybrid in WA state for a 24mo/10K and 36mo/10K lease? Any lease cash available? I read somewhere earlier this month that someone had $6000 in lease cash available.

@hull22 said:
    What is the current residual and MF on the 2014 Prius Plug-in hybrid in WA state for a 24mo/10K and 36mo/10K lease? Any lease cash available? I read somewhere earlier this month that someone had $6000 in lease cash available.

No 24mo numbers that I can see. 36mo MF is .00001 with $4250 lease cash. I can't seem to find any residual info for the Prius plug-in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• senoromarsenoromar Member Posts: 21

Hello,

Do you have the August residual and MF for 24 and 36 months on a 2014 Prius Three?

Thanks in advance!

@senoromar said:
    Hello,

Do you have the August residual and MF for 24 and 36 months on a 2014 Prius Three?

Thanks in advance!

.00001 MF and 70%/60% residual for 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• senoromarsenoromar Member Posts: 21

Thanks kyfdx!

Btw are the prius four numbers the same?

The truecar price on this car is amazingly good. Can you confirm if there are any dealer incentives in addition to the $1500 customer rebate? Based on the truecar price and your numbers, I figured a 27K prius three would come out to around $200/mo inc tax for 12K. I just visited a dealer here in SoCal last night and the best they could offer was in the low $300s. Seems very high for a car with such great lease numbers and incentives.

@senoromar said:
    Thanks kyfdx!

Btw are the prius four numbers the same?

The truecar price on this car is amazingly good. Can you confirm if there are any dealer incentives in addition to the $1500 customer rebate? Based on the truecar price and your numbers, I figured a 27K prius three would come out to around $200/mo inc tax for 12K. I just visited a dealer here in SoCal last night and the best they could offer was in the low $300s. Seems very high for a car with such great lease numbers and incentives.

You can use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine any incentives available for the Prius.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• socalcarbuyer1socalcarbuyer1 Member Posts: 1

Can I get the residual and MF for a 2014 Prius Two for 24mo and 36mo at 15k/yr? I'm in Southern California. Thanks!

@socalcarbuyer1 said:
    Can I get the residual and MF for a 2014 Prius Two for 24mo and 36mo at 15k/yr? I'm in Southern California. Thanks!

.00001 MF and 68%/58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• brunofbrunof Member Posts: 40

Trying to calculate Prius 4 @ $25855 for 12k per year. Title and reg will be paid OOP. Are the deets for the 4 also .00001 MF and 68% for SoCal (90019 Zip Code)

I'd also like to add the following: May I please have this info. And Thank You doesn't begin to summarize the gratitude I feel for you, a most trusted resource.
    Mama wouldn't be happy if she knew I asked for something without saying that.

@brunof said:
    Trying to calculate Prius 4 @ $25855 for 12k per year. Title and reg will be paid OOP. Are the deets for the 4 also .00001 MF and 68% for SoCal (90019 Zip Code)

I confirm the 24/12 residual as 68% and the MF as .00001. To get a payment, we would need both the MSRP and the negotiated selling price. Not sure which number the $25,855 represents.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank You Michaell. MSRP was $29655. Negotiated selling price was $25855. Lease is for 36 mos however. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thank You Michael. MSRP $29655, Negotiated Sale Price of $25855 w/ all incentives included. Terms of lease however were 36/12. My bad not specifying that.

@brunof said:
    Thank You Michael. MSRP $29655, Negotiated Sale Price of $25855 w/ all incentives included. Terms of lease however were 36/12. My bad not specifying that.

With your MSRP and selling price, and using the .00001 MF and 58% RV for 36/12, I get a pre-tax payment of $240.85.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank You again for this info. Spent time today back and forth with dealer although we were unable to reach a deal. First, sales price increased and then I was advised that I cannot calculate payment using "percentages." I instead had to use actual vehicle residual values "provided to dealer by Toyota Financial Services. TFS uses these #'ss on each car based on VIN#"

STD
    24 $18,767.00

36 $15,924.00

48 $13,364.00

LOW
    24 $19,336.00

36 $16,492.00

48 $13,933.00

So using the higher sales price of $27303, and the residual amount of $16492, I come in around $325 per month including tax which still doesn't match there offer of $342 per month. Time to do some comparison shopping.

@brunof said:
    Thank You again for this info. Spent time today back and forth with dealer although we were unable to reach a deal. First, sales price increased and then I was advised that I cannot calculate payment using "percentages." I instead had to use actual vehicle residual values "provided to dealer by Toyota Financial Services. TFS uses these #'ss on each car based on VIN#"

STD
    24 $18,767.00

36 $15,924.00

48 $13,364.00

LOW
    24 $19,336.00

36 $16,492.00

48 $13,933.00

So using the higher sales price of $27303, and the residual amount of $16492, I come in around $325 per month including tax which still doesn't match there offer of $342 per month. Time to do some comparison shopping.

Toyota does in fact use some strange methods to determine residuals. While they provide a percentage for the "base" car, not all the options are residualized. This can make for some, um, "different" numbers than what you would get from a lease calculator.

Lots of Toyota dealers out there ... I'm sure you can find one that will do the deal on terms that you are comfortable with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68

What would the residual value on the Prius2 be at 36 months, 10K miles per year? Thank you!

@mmenard said:
    What would the residual value on the Prius2 be at 36 months, 10K miles per year? Thank you!

61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jlichtmanjlichtman Member Posts: 6

I am looking to lease a 2014 Prius IV. Can anyone provide the money factor and residual for 3 yr/15k 2014 Prius IV in San Diego. Your help is greatly appreciated

• hariharanhariharan Member Posts: 6

I did not get all the numbers, I wanted. quick feedback would be appreciated. 2014 Pirus Trim 3. True car price got for this dealer is 23, 399. He is not giving me any breakdowns for lease. Total lease cost for 24 months/12K excluding taxes, registration fees - 6695.00, that comes to 278.00 per month. I am not looking to add any other options to add. Using my excel, it comes to 0.71 residual, 0.00125 MF. Is it a good deal? I am looking for 2 years or less. Does it sound like a good deal? I am hard pressed for time, as one of my car broke down. Appreciate your feedback. I may jump on it today, if possible.

• nwdrewnwdrew Member Posts: 2
    what are the October mf and residual #s for 14 Prius 2 on 24/12 in Kansas city
This discussion has been closed.