Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Porsche Cayman Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited July 2014 in Porsche
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Porsche Cayman leasing questions.
Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Cayman, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Porsche Cayman page.

If you have already leased, we invite you to review your vehicle by starting on the following page: http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/consumer-ratings-reviews.html

Comments

• bmwforever1bmwforever1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman, What is the MF and residual for a 2013 or 2014 Cayman S for 10K miles and 3 years or whatever the standard lease duration is. Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    2014 Cayman S 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .0020 MF and 59% residual

I don't have residuals for the 2013 model.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 1_porsche_fan1_porsche_fan Member Posts: 10

Can I please have MF and residual on a 2014 both base and S model for 27/36 months with 7500 miles / yr for who qualifies top-tier credit?

2014 Cayman 36mo, 7.5K/yr lease
    .0020 MF and 60% residual.... 27 month residual is 71%

Cayman S... subtract 2% from base residual.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• toadking68toadking68 Member Posts: 1

I just got my 2014 Cayman. Details are as follows: 9% off MSRP, 2 year lease, 10k miles/ year, .002 MF, .71 residual value. I love the car!

• tampa_leetampa_lee Member Posts: 12

looking at a 2014 Cayman..... on a 15k/yr lease with top tier credit, can anyone advise on current money factor? Discounts off of MSRP ?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@tampa_lee said:
    looking at a 2014 Cayman..... on a 15k/yr lease with top tier credit, can anyone advise on current money factor? Discounts off of MSRP ?

Residual for 24mo/15K is 68%. Standard MF is .002.

I'm personally not in the market for a Cayman (at least, not until my lottery numbers hit), so cannot advise you on what discounts are available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tampa_leetampa_lee Member Posts: 12

What does the residual change to on a 36mos term? does MF change at all due to change of term?

@tampa_lee said:
    What does the residual change to on a 36mos term? does MF change at all due to change of term?

MF is the same regardless of lease term. Residual drops to 57%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• johnz330johnz330 Member Posts: 1

Hi. Could I get the residuals for 7,500 and 10,000 miles for 24, 27 and 36 months?
    I heard that the MF for April dropped to .0016. Is that correct--does not match the info you gave above. Thanks.

@johnz330 said:
    Hi. Could I get the residuals for 7,500 and 10,000 miles for 24, 27 and 36 months?
    I heard that the MF for April dropped to .0016. Is that correct--does not match the info you gave above. Thanks.

There is a special money factor on the 2014 Cayman. .00177, but that's only good for lease terms up to 30 months. The 36 month money factor is still .0020.

Residuals are 71%, 69% and 60% for 10K/yr. Add 1% for 7.5K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• yesimaznyesimazn Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014

Hello, I just got a quote for 0.00105 is that a mistype or thats the special MF as of now?

@yesimazn said:
    Hello, I just got a quote for 0.00105 is that a mistype or thats the special MF as of now?

On a Cayman S, for a terms of 12-30 months, that is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wannaporschewannaporsche Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014

Hi, could I get the residual on a base 2.7L Cayman, 24 and 36 month lease with either 12,000 or 15,000 miles? PDK car.

@wannaporsche said:
    Hi, could I get the residual on a base 2.7L Cayman, 24 and 36 month lease with either 12,000 or 15,000 miles? PDK car.

.00177 MF and 69% for 24mo, 12K/yr.

.00200 MF and 58% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

Subtract 2% for 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• yesimaznyesimazn Member Posts: 2

Hello, From you previous answer I'm guessing what you mean is Cayman = 0.00200 MF and Cayman S will have a lower MF = 0.00105 am I correct?

@yesimazn said:
    Hello, From you previous answer I'm guessing what you mean is Cayman = 0.00200 MF and Cayman S will have a lower MF = 0.00105 am I correct?

Leases over 30 months in length are all .0020

For 12-30 month terms.. Cayman = .00177, Cayman S = .00105

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jonschwzjonschwz Member Posts: 11

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    For 12-30 month terms.. Cayman = .00177, Cayman S = .00105

I just got quoted 0.00105 for 24 month lease Cayman S but they said residual at 7500 annual is 69%? You state above 12,000 for 69%. Are they pulling a fast one on me?

I show the 24mo, 7.5K/yr residual for the 2014 Cayman S as 70%.

PDK equipped lowers the residual by 1%. Is your quote on a PDK model? If so, then the quoted residual is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jerryhzejerryhze Member Posts: 14

Hello, do you have the numbers for a cayman S PDK, 24month, 10k and 12k miles?

@jerryhze said:
    Hello, do you have the numbers for a cayman S PDK, 24month, 10k and 12k miles?

.00105 MF and 68%/67% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 1_porsche_fan1_porsche_fan Member Posts: 10

May I ask residual value and money factor on Cayman GTS (manual trans.) 7500 miles 27 months?

@1_porsche_fan said:
    May I ask residual value and money factor on Cayman GTS (manual trans.) 7500 miles 27 months?

.00200 MF and 70% (2015) or 68% (2014)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• z4maudiomanz4maudioman Member Posts: 130

Hello,

Can you please provide me with the July lease residuals and money factors for the following?

2014 Cayman Base (Manual Transmission):
    24 months/10K miles
    36 months/10K miles

2014 Cayman S (Manual Transmission):
    24 months/10K miles
    36 months/10K miles

Also, if you could please provide rates for 2015 models, that would be wonderful. Are there any incentives/discounts on the cars that you are aware of? Thank you in advance for your help!

Sorry... but, we are still waiting on 3rd quarter information for Porsche..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• crashtestdingocrashtestdingo Member Posts: 81

Have you gotten the third quarter information yet? If yes, are there any Cayman lease specials that expire on July 31? Thanks in advance.

@crashtestdingo said:
    Have you gotten the third quarter information yet? If yes, are there any Cayman lease specials that expire on July 31? Thanks in advance.

We do have the 3rd quarter information. Everything we see is good for the entire quarter.

Cayman and Cayman S have lower money factors for short-term leases (24 and 27 months)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, kyfdx. I would like to have the residual and the MF for both the Cayman and Cayman S with the manual transmission leased for 27 months with 5K miles per year, please.

@crashtestdingo said:
    Thanks, kyfdx. I would like to have the residual and the MF for both the Cayman and Cayman S with the manual transmission leased for 27 months with 5K miles per year, please.

2014?

Cayman 27/5 - .00128 and 75%

Cayman S 27/5 - .00055 and 76%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you, Michaell. Yes, for 2014 cars. FYI, my sister (on whose behalf I asked) got a lease quote for a Cayman with the manual transmission from a dealer this morning. The money factor matches the one you gave but the residual percentage, as far as I can tell, is just 69% (64% base residual plus 5% residual bump).

@crashtestdingo said:
    Thank you, Michaell. Yes, for 2014 cars. FYI, my sister (on whose behalf I asked) got a lease quote for a Cayman with the manual transmission from a dealer this morning. The money factor matches the one you gave but the residual percentage, as far as I can tell, is just 69% (64% base residual plus 5% residual bump).

Hmmm, maybe I was reading the mileage adjustments wrong ... yes, I did. My apologies. 69% is the correct number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2014

@Michaell said: Hmmm, maybe I was reading the mileage adjustments wrong ... yes, I did. My apologies. 69% is the correct number.

Ah, O.K. So what's the residual for the Cayman S if it's not 76%?

@crashtestdingo said:
    Ah, O.K. So what's the residual for the Cayman S if it's not 76%?

27/5 residual on the 2014 Cayman S is 71% (base 66% for 15K + 5% for 5k miles per year).

Base Cayman should be 70%, not 69%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks again, Michaell.

@Michaell said: Base Cayman should be 70%, not 69%.

Eh? I checked the offer printout, it does show 64% + 5%. You're talking about cars that have the manual transmission, right?

@crashtestdingo said:
    Thanks again, Michaell.
    Eh? I checked the offer printout, it does show 64% + 5%. You're talking about cars that have the manual transmission, right?

There is an adjustment, but its -1% for PDK equipped cars. The base residual I'm quoting is, I assume, for manual transmissions.

Cayman 65%, Cayman S 66% for 27 months is what I'm showing. Adjust 5% for 5K miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said: There is an adjustment, but its -1% for PDK equipped cars. The base residual I'm quoting is, I assume, for manual transmissions.

Cayman 65%, Cayman S 66% for 27 months is what I'm showing. Adjust 5% for 5K miles per year.

I read in the 911 leasing discussion that Porsche doesn't let its dealers use a different residual percentage so what may be going on here? Could it be a regional variation? We're in New York City, FWIW.

@crashtestdingo said:
    I read in the 911 leasing discussion that Porsche doesn't let its dealers use a different residual percentage so what may be going on here? Could it be a regional variation? We're in New York City, FWIW.

Correct, residuals are nationwide for Porsche. You might double check with the dealer as well; they are human, too.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said: You might double check with the dealer as well; they are human, too.

In that case, I guess the salesman selected PDK when he entered the details to get the lease numbers.

Thanks again.

@crashtestdingo said:
    Thanks again.

You might want to check out 'The Future of the Manual Transmission' thread here on the forums.

Who buys / leases a manual Porsche nowadays, anyway? :smiley:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said: You might want to check out 'The Future of the Manual Transmission' thread here on the forums.

Thanks but it's my sister who is the manual aficionado. I don't know how to drive a stick. Heck, I don't even drive anymore. (I have no need or desire to.)

Who buys / leases a manual Porsche nowadays, anyway? :smiley:

Well, she changed her mind! Possibly because she found a PDK-equipped 2014 Cayman with more or less the options she wanted but came up empty when she restricted her search to cars with the manual transmission.

I see the difference in residual percentage for cars with the PDK but is the money factor different?

Money factor is the same... residual is 1% less for PDK-equipped Caymans.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, @kyfdx. I have another question for you and/or @Michaell:
    My sister changed her mind again and now wants a Cayman S rather than a base Cayman. For a 27-month lease of a Cayman S with the PDK, with just 5K miles annually, I get a residual percentage of 70% using the numbers Michaell gave me but the computerized lease offer she got from the dealer shows a base of 61% plus a bump of 5% for the low mileage allowance (66% total). Your thoughts?

@crashtestdingo said:
    Thanks, kyfdx. I have another question for you and/or Michaell:
    My sister changed her mind again and now wants a Cayman S rather than a base Cayman. For a 27-month lease of a Cayman S with the PDK, with just 5K miles annually, I get a residual percentage of 70% using the numbers Michaell gave me but the computerized lease offer she got from the dealer shows a base of 61% plus a bump of 5% for the low mileage allowance (66% total). Your thoughts?

Cayman S MF is .00055

Base RV for Cayman S (27/15) is 62%. Add 5% for low miles, but deduct 1% for PDK - that gets you to 66%. Numbers last month may have been higher.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks, @Michaell. I have still another question for you and/or @kyfdx: My sister has settled on a certain 2014 Cayman S and is trying to negotiate a lease deal with the salesman. This particular car has 20-inch Carrera S wheels (MSRP $1,560) and the seemingly ubiquitous "Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest" (MSRP $185). She asked the salesman if it's possible to swap these wheels for the base Cayman S wheels without the center caps and not only did he say he could have it done, he took the full MSRP of these options off the total MSRP of the car when running the numbers for the lease. I had thought my sister would save somewhat less than the MSRP of the options because of the labor involved to get the swap done. Anyway, one of you said that Porsche Financial Services doesn't allow dealers to change the residual percentage, but does it have any restrictions on changing the MSRP in this manner, given that the MSRP has a role in determining the residual value of the car?

@crashtestdingo said:
    Thanks, Michaell. I have still another question for you and/or kyfdx: My sister has settled on a certain 2014 Cayman S and is trying to negotiate a lease deal with the salesman. This particular car has 20-inch Carrera S wheels (MSRP $1,560) and the seemingly ubiquitous "Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest" (MSRP $185). She asked the salesman if it's possible to swap these wheels for the base Cayman S wheels without the center caps and not only did he say he could have it done, he took the full MSRP of these options off the total MSRP of the car when running the numbers for the lease. I had thought my sister would save somewhat less than the MSRP of the options because of the labor involved to get the swap done. Anyway, one of you said that Porsche Financial Services doesn't allow dealers to change the residual percentage, but does it have any restrictions on changing the MSRP in this manner, given that the MSRP has a role in determining the residual value of the car?

Hmmm, excellent question. I'm not aware of any restriction by PFS to modify the base MSRP when changing the configuration of the car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kmwkckmwkc Member Posts: 1

Hi,

May I have the base discount, residuals and MF for the below please:

2015 Cayman Base (Manual Transmission): 24 months/12K miles
    2014 Cayman with PDK: 24 months/12K miles

@kmwkc said:
    Hi,

May I have the base discount, residuals and MF for the below please:

2015 Cayman Base (Manual Transmission): 24 months/12K miles

.00200 and 69%

2014 Cayman with PDK: 24 months/12K miles

.00126 and 67%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• caraholic13caraholic13 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2014

Is the money factor for the 2015 Cayman S still .00055? Also what is the current MRM for a 6spd cayman S?

Is the money factor for the 2015 Cayman S still .00055? Also what is the current MRM for a 6spd cayman S?

MRM is $77,700 for the 2015 Cayman S

I don't see any subvented rates for the 2015 models, so I presume the MF to be .00200

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kogumakoguma Member Posts: 134
    what's current MF/RV on 27/10k miles for Cayman S and GTS with manual?