Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hazelkohazelko Member Posts: 2

@sarav2 said:
    Hi Everyone,

I recently moved to US and this is my first car here. I live in Sunnyvale, CA. I have decided to buy 2014 Civic EX sedan and have started asking price quotes since yesterday from various dealers nearby. Edmunds has been very helpful with all the information about buying experiences and in preparation for a good bargain.

I still could not find latest invoice price which I should take as the baseline and wanted to know how much would be the best deal OTD or base price.

Can anyone who has recently purchased 2014 Civic EX sedan share what is the final OTD price you have paid?

Thanks!

I posted my OTD price on a 2014 Civic EX a page or two back. With $500 cash from Honda towards my down payment and financing the rest. My OTD was exactly $21,006.

PS. I bought my EX from Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, CA. I chose this dealership after emailing a couple of dealers in the bay area for OTD quotes. Anderson Honda came back with an OTD quote of $21k.

Hope this helps!

• carshopper200carshopper200 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2014

I just purchased a 2014 Honda Civic LX AT in Northern California.

• MSRP: $19980
    • Price before Tax/License/fees: $16300 w/0 financing or $16800 w/ 0.9% financing ($500 cash bonus from Honda cannot be combined with low APR)
    • Doc fee: $80
    • OTD price: $18600 w/ 0.9% financing. $18100 w/o financing.
  • usedmaxusedmax Member Posts: 1

Bought 2014 CIVIC LX automatic in North NJ. MSRP $19980.
    Car Price Paid: $17000 (Including Destination Charge) - $500 (College Graduate discount) = $16500.
    Honda Finance @2.49% for 48 months.
    Hope this helps someone negotiate!

• arob1arob1 Member Posts: 67

2014 Civic LX CVT 4 DR. OTD $18300 in Frisco, TX. Dealer did not offer 0.9 financing for this price. Got outside financing at 1.89%..

• muaxe14muaxe14 Member Posts: 1

@carshopper200 said:
    I just purchased a 2014 Honda Civic LX AT in Northern California.

• MSRP: $19980
    • Price before Tax/License/fees: $16300 w/0 financing or $16800 w/ 0.9% financing ($500 cash bonus from Honda cannot be combined with low APR)
    • Doc fee: $80
    • OTD price: $18600 w/ 0.9% financing. $18100 w/o financing.

@carshopper200 , please kindly let me know where you got your deal since I'm in N. California and shopping for 2014 LX. Is yours a sedan or coupe? Thank you.

@muaxe14 said:
    carshopper200 , please kindly let me know where you got your deal since I'm in N. California and shopping for 2014 LX. Is yours a sedan or coupe? Thank you.

The car is a 4 door sedan, no added accessories. I bought it at autonation honda in Fremont. Very smooth transaction. Please post once you make a purchase to help out other buyers. Good luck!

• gooddealornogooddealorno Member Posts: 2

@paco21 said:
    Hello folks looking for some help here, I just got of the phone from one of the biggest dealership here in SoCal and received the following out the door prices in email by the internet sales manager. I originally called 5 local dealers but have been going back and forth with 2 dealers so this is what I got so far.

2014 civic sedan ex. $21272 I have a friend who recently bought from Whittier Honda dealer and got OTD for about 20K

2014 civic sedan exl no navi $22900

As a condition of this quote I would be paying cash or bring in my own financing (which is what I'm planning to do)

I reside in Los Angeles county so my tax rate is 9%
    I'd appreciate any input on the matter along with advice on what I should do next and if this is considered a decent deal.

Thank you

I recommend looking at the same forum for Honda Accord. The forum is much more active and has a lot of good tips to buy a Honda, Brian, in particular, is very knowledgable. In general, you should be able to get $1500-$2000 below invoice before incentives. If honda offers a $500 cash incentive, then you should be able to get $2000-$2500 below invoice. Same applies to college, military etc incentive. In addition to that, you should consider doc fees that are different for every state. Since doc fees go straight to the dealer pocket, doc fees should also discounted in your target price. End of the month is always a better time to buy a car.

• bill__mbill__m Member Posts: 1

Received 3 internet quotes in Massachusetts:
    2014 Civic EX automatic
    1. 18980 base + destination
    2. 18721 base + destination
    3. 19104 base + destination

Good start I think

• fun2badultfun2badult Member Posts: 3

@rvajw said:
    I signed the paperwork so I hope this is a good deal. 2014 Honda Civic EX-L 4 dr sedan. I got out the door for $21,350. I did take advantage of the current $500 from Honda in lieu of 0.9% because I got similar rate outside Honda so I would not have saved more. Breakdown:
    20032.90 Base
    399 Processing Fee (I realize this is higher than other places)
    Rest was tax, title, and license.

One recommendation is if you are shopping, always always always get an internet quote from several places first! This takes a lot of the back and forth and make it easy to leverage dealers.

Thoughts?

Where did you get this deal from? I'm looking for a Civic EX sedan and got quoted $20,977 for OTD, but if I can get an EX-L for just a bit more it's worth it. Can you please let me know which dealership offered it so I can see if I can get similar deal? Thanks

I'm trying to buy 2014 Civic EX Sedan and got quoted $20,977 for OTD. I also got quoted $18,811 for Civic LX Sedan. rvajw got a Civic EXL for $21,350 OTD so I'm going to see if I can get something like that.

But the $20,977 for Civic EX Sedan OTD seems reasonable right?

• rvajwrvajw Member Posts: 2

@fun2badult said:

Where did you get this deal from? I'm looking for a Civic EX sedan and got quoted $20,977 for OTD, but if I can get an EX-L for just a bit more it's worth it. Can you please let me know which dealership offered it so I can see if I can get similar deal? Thanks

I got it from a dealership in the Richmond, Virginia metro area. It is Colonial Honda. Here is the website: http://mycolonialhonda.com/

Ok. I've been emailing and shopping around SoCal for the best price I can get. I have to say that many dealers are total morons that doesn't know how to negotiate or get back to a customer that's ready to buy. Sometimes it takes a long time to get back from the sales people and it seems like some of these people are not interested in selling.

Anyhow, I've gotten offer of $18811 for LX, $20977 for EX and $22399 for EXL. Wife wants lower payment so I think we're going to settle for LX although the higher models do look attractive.

I just offered if the dealership can do $18,000 OTD for LX. Hopefully I can get that price.

• andymbandymb Member Posts: 8
    null
    Usedmax could you please tell me which dealership you bought your car from? Would they honor that deal if I paid in cash. And who your sales person was? I would greatly appreciate it!
    So I live in NJ and basically almost all of the dealerships I've visited have been shady: they've given me the come in because they have it in stock then want to tack on an extra $500 cause they have to get it from another lot, or they're either too greedy, or haha the one I absolutely love the most, the bait & switch tactic. I am so fed up that I am deciding. To post these dealerships name's: open road honda (charged too high a price for a base model and it's a freakin summer clearance right now!), nissan of Springfield did not have the juke I wanted and wanted to charge an extra $500 for locating vehicle they didn't have and never got back to me on numerous occasions and never gave me an OTD price-should've known, nissan of denville just never got back to me via email or phone and wanted me to come in. I used a truecar price so the cost of the car price was listed and all I wanted to know was the price to locate the vehicle or whatever and it would pretty much be self explanatory for the OTD price on the juke, just a constant back and forth that I got fed up and blocked their calls, lastly I went to DCH Kay honda in long branch nj in which I thought I got the best deal ever for a 2014 honda civic coupe lx base model for $18719, which was a pretty good deal for me. The sales person, Ray, called and got me insurance and at the end took my card and told me that no one was able to process my card along those lines so via would have to come back on Wednesday when I was available again. Lo and behold after agreeing upon everything, I get the dreaded bait & switch, which my mom told me she knew would happen because they couldn't "process the card". The following day I got a call from Ray saying that my credit along with my bf's credit was not able to go through honda finance. Mind you, my bf's credit is very good and he himself purchased a civic back in 2006 convincing with honda. Apparently they gave me some bs run around story along those lines and that they were not able to get me a good interest rate and that they could not apply the graduate rebate therefore tacking on an extra $500. ....so what happened to the honda summer clearance!? I have not yet bought the honda civic because of these bad experiences from aggressive and furthermore greedy dealerships, and am just very frustrated and upset at these disgusting tactics and greedy dealers. Why not just sell cars at an agreeable price to the dealer and customer, where you can mmajy profit, get incentives from the manufacturer, and become a reputable high volume dealership; it would be a win-win for all. 8/ rolls eyes

If anyone can help me out on purchasing a 2014 honda civic lx coupe base model and knows a credible and honest dealership and sales person within the areas of NJ, NY, DE, or MD please let me know. I will go out of my way to travel and give my business to that person and refer everyone to that dealership.
    *eatontown was the bait and switch I meant
  • civicdriver4civicdriver4 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    andymb give northwest Honda in owing mills MD a shot. I got a 14 ex sdn in late June for 19500 OTD (including everything). Ask for Robert [non permissible content removed] he gave me the best price in MD. Good luck
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,979

@civicdriver4 said:
    andymb give northwest Honda in owing mills MD a shot. I got a 14 ex sdn in late June for 19500 OTD (including everything). Ask for Robert [non permissible content removed] he gave me the best price in MD. Good luck

I'm sorry - we don't allow last names of salesfolks to be posted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• wordslikejwordslikej Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014

I purchased a brand new 2014 Honda Civic LX Automatic Sedan for $19,8XX out the door from Honda of the Avenues (Jacksonville, Florida) this past week. Paid in full via personal check (though I'd try to settle on a price before discussing financing). This included a new tag, title, tax, default dealer options, doc fee, no additional warranty etc. I believe "base" price on the breakdown was $17,5XX (don't have the papers on me at the moment).

Another local dealership quoted me $19,5XX OTD, excluding the tag. Showed that to the salesperson I worked with at Avenues when it came time to negotiate (they opened with $21,XXX OTD). They went to $19,500 OTD including the tag. After some time I agreed to that, but then they came back with their manager, who said they couldn't do that and added a few hundred. That manager price increase tactic was my only negative for the dealership. (My advice here is make it clear that you won't budge before they go to their manager for "approval" and then walk away. This was my first car purchase.)

Message me if you want the first name of the salesperson or the other dealership name if you plan on buying here in Jax (just want to respect privacy and don't remember the last).

Also know that if you use True Car and say a month later go to a dealer who you sent True Car to and you buy that car the dealer has to pay ~$300 to True Car. Just FYI.

X's are for not remembering the numbers exactly.

Thanks, civicdriver4! Wow that's a great deal and for an ex model too! I will definitely be giving them a call. :)
  • arghscararghscar Member Posts: 3

Just picked up my Civic EX-L in SoCal. Paid $22,500 OTD. Included in the price was the door edge film already "installed" (if you call putting on stickers installation) for $150. Amazon sells them for $8 a set... Other than that, I feel great about the deal. No hassle, went through internet sales.

• arob1arob1 Member Posts: 67

@wordslikej: I think you paid way too much for a Civic LX. OTD price should be
    $18100-$18500 at most. I paid $18300 two weeks ago.

• senthilkssenthilks Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am planning to buy new 2014 civic lx CVT, I am located in los angeles and based on the discussion with dealers I get an OTD price range of $18500 - $19000. Please suggest me whether the price range is good and also please let me know dealers who can offer a better price.
    Thanks,
    Senthil.

• wbadwbad Member Posts: 20

From Buffalo NY and looking at Civic EX between now and end of month. Invoice with Dest charge is coming up as $20,390. Is 2k or better below invoice attainable on this?

What would be a good lowball number to start with when I email dealers. We are going to a 100 mile radius of 14212.
    We plan on walking into dealership with preapproved loan from credit union but will be open to a better rate if they want to look for us.
    We were getting mixed info as far as incentives go in this area during test drives at 2 separate dealers but salesmen were obviously new. So, I'm not what incentives are.
    Is there a chance they will change between now and labor day? Do we stand to get a better deal is we wait another month?
    I posted same questions in CRV pricing forum also because wife is now undecided. We "want to drive" a CRV but we "want to pay for" a Civic. I guess it comes down to how many $$ difference it will be between the two which will help decide.
    Thanks in advance!

• arghscararghscar Member Posts: 3

@senthilks said:
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy new 2014 civic lx CVT, I am located in los angeles and based on the discussion with dealers I get an OTD price range of $18500 - $19000. Please suggest me whether the price range is good and also please let me know dealers who can offer a better price.
    Thanks,
    Senthil.

Try Rock Honda or Spreen Honda. Both are kind of far but they offered much lower prices than the dealerships around me in LA. Just be careful of their add-ons and finance department (per Yelp reviews). I brought my own financing so it wasn't an issue for me. But they did get me on the add-ons. It was already 10:30 p.m. so I just gave up on the door edge stickers.

Good luck!

• tychesystychesys Member Posts: 2

I purchased a 2014 Honda Civic LX CVT this month. The price before tax/registration/documentation fees is $16,880 (destination fee included). Hope this is helpful for potential Civic buyers.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer who made their purchase through a longer term loan, 72 months or more. If you'd like to share your story, please send your contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Sunday, 8/24/14 at 10 a.m. PT.

• bytesandbitsbytesandbits Member Posts: 9

Thanks to all on the forum for sharing. Just picked up a Civic LX from a dealer in MD. Went through the PenFed car buying service and got online quotes. Prices quoted were much better than the Costco auto program.

Base price - 16983 (includes destination charge) + 6% MD tax + 279 (Tags+Title) + $300 dealer processing fee = 18,600. Sales person was very nice. Was able to get Honda to finance at 0.9% for 60 months. Dealer threw in free Nitrogen fill for which they wanted close to $200.

• lilylopez71lilylopez71 Member Posts: 7
    hi, does anybody knows how much to pay for a honda civic SI w/navigator 2014?? thanks
    i forget to mentiom thAt im in NJ,

@lilylopez71 said:
    hi, does anybody knows how much to pay for a honda civic SI w/navigator 2014?? thanks

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page to help determine your target sales price. I should think invoice minus $1000 or so would be a good starting point.

You can read the past few pages of this discussion as well, as there have been some posts on the 2014 Si.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

thanks so much Michael if ill get that price i have to add TAX, Tags etc, correct?

@lilylopez71 said:
    thanks so much Michael if ill get that price i have to add TAX, Tags etc, correct?

Correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jackpepinjackpepin Member Posts: 15

Did anybody buy Civic LX CVT auto 2014 recently or Labor day weekend? If you did, please help to post the price in details. I'm in North CA (Bay Area) and tried to contact many dealers (through emails) around my area but their price are too high (in 17K range includes dest fee). Thanks.

• strangerdangerstrangerdanger Member Posts: 2
    First time car buyer and I need your help!! I'm trying to purchase the 2014 Honda Civic EX-L w/ navi. I've contacted a few dealerships and the best deal I got thus far is $24,200 OTD. Based on the TrueCare website, the average person paying in my area (zip 91775) is $23,537 before taxes+fees, so I know I am getting a reasonably good deal, but the Asian and commitment-phobe in me wants to know for sure, that I'm getting THE optimum deal.

2015 model is coming out at the end of this month as well, so I'm trying to use that as leverage to go below $24K, but no dealership is budging.

In regards to payment, I'm doing half cash and financing half. What are some good rates you all have come across? The dealerships are promoting 0.9% for 60 months w/ good credit, (which I have!), but they're trying to screw me over with 4.9% (no thanks).

Thank you all in advance for the insight!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,757

First time car buyer and I need your help!! I'm trying to purchase the 2014 Honda Civic EX-L w/ navi. I've contacted a few dealerships and the best deal I got thus far is $24,200 OTD. Based on the TrueCare website, the average person paying in my area (zip 91775) is $23,537 before taxes+fees, so I know I am getting a reasonably good deal, but the Asian and commitment-phobe in me wants to know for sure, that I'm getting THE optimum deal.

2015 model is coming out at the end of this month as well, so I'm trying to use that as leverage to go below $24K, but no dealership is budging.

In regards to payment, I'm doing half cash and financing half. What are some good rates you all have come across? The dealerships are promoting 0.9% for 60 months w/ good credit, (which I have!), but they're trying to screw me over with 4.9% (no thanks).

Thank you all in advance for the insight!

In some states, the 0.9% is only offered up to 36 months, and then it's 1.9% over that.. Other states have the 0.9% for a full 60 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I've been out of the business for awhile now but I can say that would be a VERY unusual model.

The majority of Civic buyers have no use for leather or navigation so dealers don't order very many of them. Because of this, if they know they have interest in one they aren't about to give it away. You are not in a position of strength here. The dealer is.

Now, if you were on a run of the mill LX sedan that would be a different story.

If they aren't taking what you are offering you need to raise your offer.

Lastly, do you REALLY need navigation? Most smart phones have that feature now.

Even non navi Civics with leather are pretty rare.
  • vngbusavngbusa Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    Got 2014 Civic EX for $20,883 OTD from a dealer in the LA area today... reasonable price, I think? By and large they were a pleasure to work with and far more responsive than some of the other dealers around SoCal (some appear to not be interested in selling cars, which was rather confusing...)
    I just bought Civic 2014 LX CVT sedan and no option added in, car price is $16,490 and OTD is $18,308. I'm in Bay Area CA.
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    There are conversion kits out there to change the front seats from Canvas to Leather if you really want to - they add $400 to $1000 bucks onto the deal. As for the Navigation, it is a nice to have, but you might find buying a Garman or Magellan way better with life time map updates and traffic alert system.
  • jtc975jtc975 Member Posts: 1
    jackpepin said:

I just bought Civic 2014 LX CVT sedan and no option added in, car price is $16,490 and OTD is $18,308. I'm in Bay Area CA.

jackpepin, I'm looking for same model and also in bay area; where did you buy yours?
    I got it in Livermore
  • gladiator3gladiator3 Member Posts: 1
    Jackpepin, I am also looking to buy the same model, is it possible to share the purchase order, striking the privacy info?
    Check out the one in Palo Alto, CA. They seem to have couple good deals now.
  • udaya2udaya2 Member Posts: 1
    hi everyone , i just bought Honda civic for 20,200(out of door ) .. i put 5000 down and 1.9 apr for 60 month, just one thing bothering me that did i got a good or not ? ,,,,
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,757
    udaya2 said:

hi everyone , i just bought Honda civic for 20,200(out of door ) .. i put 5000 down and 1.9 apr for 60 month, just one thing bothering me that did i got a good or not ? ,,,,

Which Civic did you get, and what is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Greetings Everyone, I am about to pull the trigger on a 4 - Door Civic EXL with Navi. Wondering what folks are paying in the DC, PA, NY, CT, MA & RI areas. I travel through all of these states often, so buying in another state is no big deal to me. I have 3 very competitive offers which I am contemplating, but would like to get a sense of price. I did the edmunds and fakecar price - actually Edmunds came back with better deals (Truecar is useless). Right now I am about $1000 under the edmunds price which is fair, but being at the end of the month and all. Just wondering if a deal can be had including destination for $20,500 or less before TTL?
  • SunnydawnSunnydawn Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    We just picked up a 2014 2 Door lx Civic for 16499.00, OTD was 18300.00 and .90% financing. We were told by a dealer they are trying to move the 2014 civics to make room for the 2015. We purchased the car at Stockton Honda but Livermore Honda said they would do the same also. I hope this was a good deal.
    Pulled the trigger on the deal: 2014 Honda Civic EXL 4 Door Sedan in CT:

Price $21,240 - includes wheel locks and all season mats - XTRA's below
    - $ 399 - 3M protective film to the front end / Front nose / Front Quarter Panels
    - $ 429 - fake document fee
    - Plus Tax and reg. also got the 1.99% financing for 5 years (60 months)
    - I had a better deal lined up out of state, but with limited supply and getting the color choice I wanted paying out another $100 on the car price (made that up on the mats and wheel locks) and $125 savings for fake doc fee, life is too short and not worth the hassle of taking time off work, running across state lines and dealing with the DMV.
  • heehee Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday bought a 2014 Honda Civic Sedan LX with Automatic Transmission in NJ.

Sale price $16,943
    + $1,186.01 7% NJ Sales Tax
    + $259 Documentation Fee
    + $112 NJ DMV Fees for transferring plates
    = $18,500.01 total out the door for the 2014 Honda Civic Sedan LX .