Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Low Tire Pressure. Or Not? - 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
imageLow Tire Pressure. Or Not? - 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

The tire pressure warning light recently went on for our 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class. Thankfully, the individual tire pressures are displayed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512

I think they got "so off" because Edmunds never checks their cars' tire pressures - they just wait until the TPMS systems go off.

I would never buy one of these long-term cars from them. If they're not checking something as elementary as tire pressures, what else are they letting go?

• tenderlointenderloin Member Posts: 5

39 lbs. is the MB recommended max load rating. The correct tire pressure for normal loads is located inside the fuel filler door. The MB recommended air pressure for 17 inch tires are 36 front, 32 rear (cold). While not solving the "firm" ride of the CLA, it helps quite a bit. Give it a try. BTW the pressure shown on the dash..the previous driver had the air pressure close.

• bromansbromans Member Posts: 17

Tenderloin is correct. My coworker Chris Walton also pointed out the difference. I'll be amending the update shortly. Thanks! -- Brent Romans

• grijongrijon Member Posts: 147

Thanks for the update!