Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ugliest Engine Ever - 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
imageUgliest Engine Ever - 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Yesterday I removed the engine cover from the twin-turbo V12 that powers our long-term 2005 Mercedes CL65 AMG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107

Any update on what the dealer determined to be wrong with the car?

• Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    edited August 2014

On the other hand, if you look under the Audi RS7's engine cover, you wonder why in the world they're covering it up (other than the fact that the turbos are hella hot =D)

• Options
    grijongrijon Member Posts: 147

I feel that sometimes something built for functionality that turns out visually ugly can loop back around to beautiful in its unabashedly functional form. This engine qualifies for that, in my opinion; it is beautiful in its ugliness. That it has a cover to make it visually appealing means that it offers (me) the best of both worlds!

• Options
    7driver7driver Member Posts: 145

@grijon you need to get yourself a Seven :-)

• Options
    camrydriver69camrydriver69 Member Posts: 54

The breakdown and the lack of updates on the MB is just click bait to come back to the site to read posts about engine covers.

• Options
    grijongrijon Member Posts: 147

LOL; right on, @7driver

• Options
    aquineasaquineas Member Posts: 8

Really guys? Do you really think we're more interested in how it looks under the engine cover than we are in hearing what was wrong with it mechanically?

• Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

@aquineas said:
    Really guys? Do you really think we're more interested in how it looks under the engine cover than we are in hearing what was wrong with it mechanically?

What he said.