Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• dkeats99dkeats99 Member Posts: 6

@Michaell said:
    Acquisition fee is also marked up - base for MB is $795.

I will attempt to get the acquisition fee down to $795- but the document fee of $699, is that normal? My previous lease had $489- but can this be negotiated out? I also want to get rid of any lease end fee as well.

Also, is it normal to see a fee of $367.34 for tax included with the lease numbers? I thought tax should be included with the monthly payment.

Finally, the "tag and title fees" - the annual rate for a FL plate isn't more than $100- and on my old lease, there was only a $4 charge for title. Am I missing something here?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588

@dkeats99 said:

Dealer/document fees are ridiculous, but it's often easier to negotiate a lower price to make up for it, rather than fixate on that charge.

Upfront tax is for taxable items paid upfront. Acquisition fee, doc fee and that rebate are probably all taxable. Since they aren't in the lease payment, they are taxed upfront.

I would definitely question the tag/title fees..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pureautomobilepureautomobile Member Posts: 47

Is Mercedes running unpublished or secret incentives for the E-Class as Edmunds does not show any incentives right now, but dealers are discounting ~$8k from MSRP. It would be easier to negotiate if anyone can provide the incentives for each E-class cars. Any advise will be appreciated.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,924

@pureautomobile said:
    Is Mercedes running unpublished or secret incentives for the E-Class as Edmunds does not show any incentives right now, but dealers are discounting ~$8k from MSRP. It would be easier to negotiate if anyone can provide the incentives for each E-class cars. Any advise will be appreciated.

Nothing that I'm aware of. Edmunds incentives come from a different source than my data. I'm sure there are incentives from the factory that are being passed on to the consumer; we may never know about them, other than the large discounts from sticker that you're seeing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tennisnoobtennisnoob Member Posts: 6

@pureautomobile said:

We are on the same boat,

Most are offering 8K.

I've been calling up California Dealers and they seem to provide good #'s.
    They are going "X" under invoice rather than 8k off. 8k off to me is not fair as you know, the more options you buy, you're not getting discounted for those.

Let me know if you find better than 5500 under invoice.

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972

Invoice price is an artificial number created to help salesmen make believe that's their real cost. The actual cost of the car is considerably less. Car companies have been increasing the 'invoice price' so dealers can claim they don't have any room to discount ... Don't believe this fake price.

• ashn888ashn888 Member Posts: 14

good afternoon, can you please tell me what the residual value % and money factor are for a 36 mo, 17k mile per year lease (I think MB actually offers an 18k mile option) for a 2014 E350 Sport 4matic?

thanks!

@ashn888 said:
    good afternoon, can you please tell me what the residual value % and money factor are for a 36 mo, 17k mile per year lease (I think MB actually offers an 18k mile option) for a 2014 E350 Sport 4matic?

thanks!

.00130 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. I don't have info on mileage allowances over 15K/yr, but if Mercedes does offer 18K/yr, the residual would be 2% lower.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

For a > @Michaell said:

W/ 7 MSD the Money Factor should go from .00128 to .00079 right?

@tennisnoob said:
    For a > Michaell said:
    W/ 7 MSD the Money Factor should go from .00128 to .00079 right?

I actually don't know how much each MSD reduces the money factor by for MB, just that a maximum of 10 can be applied.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

The msd MF reduction only applies to the standard MF....not to the e special MF rate.
  • octoucanoctoucan Member Posts: 55

Looking for MF, and residual value on the following please and Thank you =)

2014 or 2015 Mercedes E63 AMG sedan, 36 months/10k miles.

@octoucan said:
    Looking for MF, and residual value on the following please and Thank you =)

2014 or 2015 Mercedes E63 AMG sedan, 36 months/10k miles.

Only 2014 information available at this time - standard MF (.00195 to .00225) and 56%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• octoucanoctoucan Member Posts: 55

Thank you @Michaell

• sengopalcrickesengopalcricke Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2014

Tennisnoob:
    Any luck in your search?

edited August 2014

Each MSD reduces the MF by .00007 (so the max 10 MSDs would reduce the MF by .0007).
    However as ghstudio explained, only one pay is possible with special MFs.

• pc1986pc1986 Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2014

Hello I'm looking to lease a 2014 E350 Coupe, can you give the residual and MF for a 36 months / 10 k mile per year. Thanks

I am looking for a 2014 E350 Sedan. Can you please give the RV and MF for 10000 miles/year for 27 months. Thanks

@pc1986 said:
    Hello I'm looking to lease a 2014 E350 Coupe, can you give the residual and MF for a 36 months / 10 k mile per year. Thanks

.00128 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@sengopalcricke said:
    I am looking for a 2014 E350 Sedan. Can you please give the RV and MF for 10000 miles/year for 27 months. Thanks

68% and .00136 (RWD) or .00130 (4Matic)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can someone please advise the true price pre-paid maintenance should be for an "14 E350 Coupe.
    36k miles lease, 36 months.

How much % off should the dealer give you @ what base price?

• danielle85danielle85 Member Posts: 4

Internet Price for this car is $60,760

The gross capitalized cost seems high. It should be the agreed upon value plus origination fee ($795 but dealers increase this to $1095 to increase profit) plus dealers administration fee (pure profit...around $700). Not sure how to account for the rest that they are adding.

Ask them to do a 27 month lease....it may cost less. You should also include maintenance in the lease since it's like a feature...you only pay (1-residual value%) of the cost so it's a big discount. Finally, do autopay which will reduce your money factor by .0001 which may be $10-15 less per month.

Since your husband works at the dealer, IMHO they should charge 795 (not 1095) and they should not charge you the $700 administration fee. Sounds like they dont do much of anything for their employees.

Thanks so much for the feedback! After much negotiation, I have one dealer down to 680 per month. Maintenance included. 39 month lease. 1000 down to cover first payment and some fees.

The other (above) is at 675 no maintenance but same exact terms. I'm working them to get the maintenance put in for that. Is that a good deal? These two dealers will go back n forth in five dollar increments forever if I let them.

Thoughts? Trying to do this today.
    Under 50k for the car

@danielle85 said:
    Thanks so much for the feedback! After much negotiation, I have one dealer down to 680 per month. Maintenance included. 39 month lease. 1000 down to cover first payment and some fees.

The other (above) is at 675 no maintenance but same exact terms. I'm working them to get the maintenance put in for that. Is that a good deal? These two dealers will go back n forth in five dollar increments forever if I let them.

Thoughts? Trying to do this today.

One thing that hurts you is that in TX, the sales tax is applied to the entire selling price of the car and added to the cap cost. This dramatically increases your payment as opposed to states that only tax the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks all for your input! This forum was very helpful. I got the car for 675. 15k miles. 36 month. 1 maintenance included and 1000 down to cover first payment and fees. Everyone said I walked out with an amazing deal!

Thanks to the forum, I started with quotes in 1000s and now riding pretty.

@danielle85 said:
    Thanks all for your input! This forum was very helpful. I got the car for 675. 15k miles. 36 month. 1 maintenance included and 1000 down to cover first payment and fees. Everyone said I walked out with an amazing deal!

Thanks to the forum, I started with quotes in 1000s and now riding pretty.

Congrats on the new car! When you are ready, use the link in my signature block to write up a review.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kimprokimpro Member Posts: 4

lookin to lease 2014 e350 sport

MSRP $ 60285
    SALE PRICE $ 50285

RES VALUE 67% $40390.95
    MONEY FACTOR .00136

27 MONTHS LEASE 12,000Miles/year

Im at Georgia, have to pay 6.75% sales tax

How much for monthly?
    I dont know how to calculate please help

kimpro....if I add in maintenance (which you should do), I get somewhere around $592/mo with no money down. I included $795 origination fee and $600 administration fee since I don't know what your dealer charges for these.

@kimpro said:

MSRP $ 60285
    SALE PRICE $ 50285

RES VALUE 67% $40390.95
    MONEY FACTOR .00136

How much for monthly?

Using your numbers - and adding in the sales tax to the full selling price to get a net cap cost of $53,679, I get a monthly payment of $620.09 for 27 months.

ghstudio makes some good points in his post ... check to see if the acquisition fee and any dealer processing fee are included or not in the sale price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:

Is Georgia like Texas where they tax the total car on a lease...or is it like most every other state where they just tax the monthly payments? You assumed it was like texas, I think.

@ghstudio said:
    Is Georgia like Texas where they tax the total car on a lease...or is it like most every other state where they just tax the monthly payments? You assumed it was like texas, I think.

Georgia is like Texas ... tax on the entire selling price. They call it an "ad valorem" tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2014

Thank you so much ! ghsudio and Michaell !

after much negotiation i received offer from my local dealer

//

2014 E350 Sports (p1 pkg, lighting pkg)

MSRP $ 60285

SALE PRICE $ 50285

SALES TAX Georgia $3505.14
    (tax on the entire selling price T_T)

RES VALUE 67% $40390.95

MONEY FACTOR .00126 (with autopay & PPM)

State and Local Charges $590

Bank Acquisition fee $1095

Include 2 year FREE Pre-paid maintenance
    //

Monthly payment $696.85 and no down payment

should i accept this offer? is there more negotiable charges?

Thank you again!

kimpro...since Georgia charges taxes on the whole car, not just the payments...you might want to consider a 36 month lease which would cost almost exactly the same per month as the 27 month lease (maintenance might make it a very little bit higher). Several reasons for this: 1) you are spreading the tax payments and aquisition fees over 36 vs 27 months of payments; 2)you also have to consider the $500 cost at the end of the lease if you turn the car back (and don't buy another MB)....that's as part of the cost of your lease.

I suggest asking your dealer to run a 36 month lease for that car...add up all the payments you'll make (including that $500), divide by the number of months of the lease....and see how the 27 and 36 month leases compare. Remember, every time you do a lease, you pay another bank fee, etc....so putting that off for 36 vs 27 months may be a good financial decision.

Other than that, you probably have as good a deal as you can get.

Thank you Just sent email to dealer about 36months lease and turnin fee
    I will post before i make decision please help one more time.

Thank you

edited August 2014

Kimpro,
    The MF has been marked up by .00006 (almost nothing) and the acq fee has been marked up by $300.
    Overall it is an extremely good deal. Congrats.

• jcarmjcarm Member Posts: 19

Do you have the current lease factors for a E350 RWD 36 mos, 15Kmiles, discounts given?

@jcarm said:
    Do you have the current lease factors for a E350 RWD 36 mos, 15Kmiles, discounts given?

.00136 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

.00126 if you do autopay (hint)

An earlier post in July showed an RV of 67%. Moderator's post of August shows 57%. Which is correct?

@jcarm said:
    An earlier post in July showed an RV of 67%. Moderator's post of August shows 57%. Which is correct?

Confirm E350 RWD 36/15 is .00136 and 56% for August

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151

can you share for e-350 4matic Wagon? 36/15?

@jddssc121 said:
    can you share for e-350 4matic Wagon? 36/15?

Standard MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kojiaokojiao Member Posts: 15

Do you have the MF and Residual for 27 month/12K miles for a 2014 E350?

Thank you!

It hasn't changed since other posts in August. How about reading the recent posts before asking? Hint see August 12th posts.

@kimpro said:

MSRP $ 60285
    SALE PRICE $ 50285

RES VALUE 67% $40390.95
    MONEY FACTOR .00136

How much for monthly?

@kimpro said:

MSRP $ 60285
    SALE PRICE $ 50285

RES VALUE 67% $40390.95
    MONEY FACTOR .00136

How much for monthly?

Didn't we just do this? Did you read any previous posts...eg August 18th. Almost exact same lease in the same state.

Is origination fee included in calculating RV? What about maintenance if it is included in sales price?
This discussion has been closed.