Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Child Safety Seat Fitment - 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Chevrolet
imageChild Safety Seat Fitment - 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

When it comes to the use of child safety seats, our 2014 Chevrolet Silverado leaves a bit to be desired.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    mecksermeckser Member Posts: 18

They look fine. Why won't they work? and why can't you just lace the upper strap under the headrest? And was this really the best picture you could get of them?

• Options
    hdpricehdprice Member Posts: 2

You would think if someone wanted to criticize something, they would take a better photo to prove their point. I do own a 2014 Chevy 1500 LT 4x4 crew cab, and my grandson's child seat is a breeze to install and remove from the rear seat. Yes the upper tether is located behind the headrest, but all that is necessary to be done to access it is simply raise the headrest. Why the person that wrote this article felt he was required to remove the headrest is beyond me.

• Options
    hdpricehdprice Member Posts: 2

You would think if someone wanted to criticize something, they would take a better photo to prove their point. I do own a 2014 Chevy 1500 LT 4x4 crew cab, and my grandson's child seat is a breeze to install and remove from the rear seat. Yes the upper tether is located behind the headrest, but all that is necessary to be done to access it is simply raise the headrest. Why the person that wrote this article felt he was required to remove the headrest is beyond me.

• Options
    12ltz12ltz Member Posts: 1
    You should read the owners manual, you have the upper tether improperly installed for this truck. You feed the belt through the loop behind the headrest and then attaches to the middle loop. You should always read the owners manual before installing a car seat to make sure its done correctly. you know for safety sake