Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@jevannet said:
    What are MF and Residual % for 39 mos lease on 2015 a4 AWD Premium Plus with and without Audi Care for 10k and 7500mi lease?

.00119 MF and 53% for 36mo, 10K/yr.

Add 1% for AudiCare. Add 1% for 7.5K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jevannetjevannet Member Posts: 5

Any different for the 39 month vs. 36month lease with MF and RV for 2015 A4 PPlus?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,063

@jevannet said:
    Any different for the 39 month vs. 36month lease with MF and RV for 2015 A4 PPlus?

36 month MF drops to .00099; 36/10 residual is 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kerseekersee Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014

First, many thanks for all the helpful information on this forum. I am new to leasing and have found a wealth of information here.

I just received my first quote on a 2014 A4 2.0T quattro premium plus with the nav and sport packages and I need a bit of help to make sure I'm negotiating in my best interest. Here is what I know:

MSRP: $43,370
    Selling Price: $42,570
    Payment: $642.06
    Guaranteed Residual: $21,251
    MF: .0011
    Miles per Year: 15K
    Term: 39 months (I asked for 36, but the quote came in with 39- they say they can't do 36 on the A4, A5, and Q5)
    Downpayment: $0
    Tag and Tax: $1513

Do these figures make sense based on the August numbers?

@kersee said:
    First, many thanks for all the helpful information on this forum. I am new to leasing and have found a wealth of information here.

I just received my first quote on a 2014 A4 2.0T quattro premium plus with the nav and sport packages and I need a bit of help to make sure I'm negotiating in my best interest. Here is what I know:

MSRP: $43,370
    Selling Price: $42,570
    Payment: $642.06
    Guaranteed Residual: $21,251
    MF: .0011
    Miles per Year: 15K
    Term: 39 months (I asked for 36, but the quote came in with 39- they say they can't do 36 on the A4, A5, and Q5)
    Downpayment: $0
    Tag and Tax: $1513

Do these figures make sense based on the August numbers?

Base MF on the A4Q Premium Plus is .00020 for up to 36 months, and .00040 for terms longer than that. Your MF is absolutely being marked up.

RV for 39/15 on that model is indeed 49%.

I don't understand why the dealer claims they cannot write up a 36 month lease - you might want to reach out to a second dealer and see what they have to say.

Regarding the purchase price, you should be able to get 5-7% off MSRP pretty easily - $800 off is hardly anything.

What state is this? Different states calculate sales tax on leases differently.

When I run your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $616.84, so pretty close to your quote. If I change the MF and RV to reflect a 36/15 lease (using the base MF), the payment drops to $581.03 - and that's before negotiating a lower selling price. If I take 5% off MSRP ($41,201), then the payment goes to $542.73 before tax.

In other words, lots of room to negotiate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• kerseekersee Member Posts: 3

Thank you so much. This is really a poor offer compared to the 328ix proposal I just received for a car with a higher MSRP than the Audi.

Perhaps this is worth mentioning- the dealership would be bringing in a vehicle from out of state for me so I can get the features I want, but I can't imagine that would account for much of a price bump. (Maybe I should contact the out of state dealer directly.)

Now, let me jump to MSDs. This dealer says they can do up to 10. How much is the MF reduced for each MSD?

I'm in Oklahoma.

Many thanks to you, again.

@kersee said:
    Thank you so much. This is really a poor offer compared to the 328ix proposal I just received for a car with a higher MSRP than the Audi.

Perhaps this is worth mentioning- the dealership would be bringing in a vehicle from out of state for me so I can get the features I want, but I can't imagine that would account for much of a price bump. (Maybe I should contact the out of state dealer directly.)

Now, let me jump to MSDs. This dealer says they can do up to 10. How much is the MF reduced for each MSD?

.00005 reduction in MF per MSD

I'm in Oklahoma.

Many thanks to you, again.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• j24audij24audi Member Posts: 13

Hi Michaell

I am currently in the market for a 2015 A4 Quattro Premium Plus.

I stopped by the dealer to drive and get the MF and RV - no negotiating because I wanted to check on the figures here before I went back in.

I am looking at the 2015 A4 Quattro Moonlight Blue, Tech package, Prem Plus Package, B&O, all weather mats, wheel lock kit at MSRP $45,360.

The salesman gave me 54 RV and .00165 MF for this car. Does this sound right? Also, what % off MSRP should I try to get? Edmunds price and build for this car calc'd $42,252 invoice and $44,621 best price (which still seems high to me).

I would take advantage of the $1500 customer loyalty credit, and plan on putting zero down except for tax, tags, title etc (no cap cost reduction planned except for customer loyalty credit).

Where should I come in payment wise? This is the only Audi dealer in my area and are not know for being honest.

Thanks so much~

@j24audi said:
    Hi Michaell

I am currently in the market for a 2015 A4 Quattro Premium Plus.

I stopped by the dealer to drive and get the MF and RV - no negotiating because I wanted to check on the figures here before I went back in.

I am looking at the 2015 A4 Quattro Moonlight Blue, Tech package, Prem Plus Package, B&O, all weather mats, wheel lock kit at MSRP $45,360.

The salesman gave me 54 RV and .00165 MF for this car. Does this sound right? Also, what % off MSRP should I try to get? Edmunds price and build for this car calc'd $42,252 invoice and $44,621 best price (which still seems high to me).

I would take advantage of the $1500 customer loyalty credit, and plan on putting zero down except for tax, tags, title etc (no cap cost reduction planned except for customer loyalty credit).

Where should I come in payment wise? This is the only Audi dealer in my area and are not know for being honest.

Thanks so much~

.00099 MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. So, obviously, they are quoting a marked up money factor.

Selling price will be harder to pin down. The best Audi deals seem to be about 6% off MSRP, though getting that deal this early in the model year may be difficult.

Adding the $695 acquisition fee to the CAP cost, and using the .00099 MF, I get a payment of $647/mo.+tax. Assume the $1500 covers 1st payment and title/registration/doc fees.. $693/mo. using their inflated money factor.

As you can see, this car won't be cheap to lease, even if you get 6% off and the base rate.. $590/mo.+tax, even if..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Whoops!! 3 years/ 12k miles :blush:

@j24audi said:
    Whoops!! 3 years/ 12k miles :blush:

Yup... extrapolated that from the quoted residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks so much kyfdx! Would it be worth it to bring 2500 or 3k to the table? Would that reduce the payment by a nice amount?

@j24audi said:
    Thanks so much kyfdx! Would it be worth it to bring 2500 or 3k to the table? Would that reduce the payment by a nice amount?

Sure.. divide any downpayment by the lease term, and that's how much it lowers the payment... but, that doesn't actually save you any money. Just trading and upfront payment for a lower monthly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• arexreearexree Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2014

Hi Michaell / kyfdx / anyone else,

I received the following lease offer for a 2015 Audi A4 Premium 2.0 from a Connecticut dealer. Could you let me know what you think?

Lease terms are 12K miles per year/36 months. The dealer said I can qualify for the Audi Summer Event first month payment on Audi as well as the Audi Conquest incentive if my dad co-signs the lease as he is currently leasing a Mercedes Benz. Here is the breakdown:

Monthly Payment: $497/month (with Audi Care maintenance) / Out of Pocket: $5,800 (includes 9 MSDs that I will participate in, a $299 conveyance/dealer fee, $185 CT Registration fee, $695 acquisition/bank fee, and a 6.35% tax rate on the conveyance/dealer fee and acquisition fee) / MSRP: $39,870 / Selling Price: $37,985 (includes all incentives) / MF: 0.00099 / Residual: $22,725.90 (57%)

If I don't participate in any MSDs, the breakdown would be the following:

Monthly Payment: $526/month (with Audi Care maintenance) / Out of Pocket: $1,300 (includes a $299 conveyance/dealer fee, $185 CT Registration fee, $695 acquisition/bank fee, and a 6.35% tax rate on the conveyance/dealer fee and acquisition fee) / MSRP: $39,870 / Selling Price: $37,985 (includes all incentives) / MF: 0.00099 / Residual: $22,725.90 (57%)

Are there any questions I should ask out of the gate with these figures? Without any MSDs, I get a monthly payment of $538-$547 while with max MSDs, I calculate a $509-$518/month payment. So based on my numbers, their offer seems fair.

Perhaps I should roll the bank/acquisition fee into my monthly payments? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

@arexree said:
    Hi Michaell / kyfdx / anyone else,

I received the following lease offer for a 2015 Audi A4 Premium 2.0 from a Connecticut dealer. Could you let me know what you think?

Lease terms are 12K miles per year/36 months. The dealer said I can qualify for the Audi Summer Event first month payment on Audi as well as the Audi Conquest incentive if my dad co-signs the lease as he is currently leasing a Mercedes Benz. Here is the breakdown:

Monthly Payment: $497/month (with Audi Care maintenance) / Out of Pocket: $5,800 (includes 9 MSDs that I will participate in, a $299 conveyance/dealer fee, $185 CT Registration fee, $695 acquisition/bank fee, and a 6.35% tax rate on the conveyance/dealer fee and acquisition fee) / MSRP: $39,870 / Selling Price: $37,985 (does not include $1K Audi Conquest incentive) / MF: 0.00099 / Residual: $22,725.90 (57%)

If I don't participate in any MSDs, the breakdown would be the following:

Monthly Payment: $526/month (with Audi Care maintenance) / Out of Pocket: $1,300 (includes a $299 conveyance/dealer fee, $185 CT Registration fee, $695 acquisition/bank fee, and a 6.35% tax rate on the conveyance/dealer fee and acquisition fee) / MSRP: $39,870 / Selling Price: $37,985 (does not include $1K Audi Conquest incentive) / MF: 0.00099 / Residual: $22,725.90 (57%)

Are there any questions I should ask out of the gate with these figures? Without any MSDs, I get a monthly payment of $538-$547 while with max MSDs, I calculate a $509-$518/month payment. So based on my numbers, their offer seems fair.

Perhaps I should roll the bank/acquisition fee into my monthly payments? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

.00099 is the base MF for the 2015 A4 2.0T Quattro, so the dealer is not marking that up. But, I'm showing the 36/12 residual as 56%, not 57%. This is not something the dealer can change. I wouldn't expect a huge discount from sticker - maybe 3-4% - on the 2015's so not sure you've got much wiggle room there.

Seems a decent deal; using the MSDs absolutely help.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kaunosariokaunosario Member Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm new to leasing and plan to lease a 2014 or 2015 A4. Like many before me, I find this forum extremely helpful. I'm in a unique situation. I currently live in the Bay area but will move at the end of September to the Washington D.C. area. My question is where can I expect to get the better lease deal?

@kaunosario said:
    Hi,

I'm new to leasing and plan to lease a 2014 or 2015 A4. Like many before me, I find this forum extremely helpful. I'm in a unique situation. I currently live in the Bay area but will move at the end of September to the Washington D.C. area. My question is where can I expect to get the better lease deal?

The numbers from Audi are national - no regional difference for MF or residual.

The difference comes down to where you will get a better discount from sticker. Given that most Audis are Quattro, you might find BayArea dealers to be more accommodating - how often do you need AWD in San Francisco?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kaunosariokaunosario Member Posts: 4

Good point. I will try my luck in the Bay area. Thx

• falcey27falcey27 Member Posts: 1
    With top tier credit, what would the residual and MF be on a 2014 A4 2.0T premium (FWD) on 15k/year and 36 month lease? Thanks!

@falcey27 said:
    With top tier credit, what would the residual and MF be on a 2014 A4 2.0T premium (FWD) on 15k/year and 36 month lease? Thanks!

.00007 MF and 49% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• abe2230abe2230 Member Posts: 20
    Great thread, thanks to the contributors

So the A4 lease incentive for the month got me in the door (39mo/10kmiles/yr, for $369 with $3900 due at signing). Apparently finding a model to fit this deal is not easy....lol

Got an initial quote for A4 quattro with MSRP of $41705 for 39month lease with 10k miles/year for $495 mo with $3663.91 due at signing. I don't have breakdowns for that initial dp, the sales guy seems tight with the info (I'm not pressing to hard atm). At the initial stages of negotiating but wanted opinions to their initial offer, certainly seems high compared to their advertized lease offer but not so bad when I use edmunds lease payment calculator (assuming I am using it right!). What should the expected MF and RV be for this car? If I change to 12k miles for 36 months does will that changes the metrics by much? Thanks, I'm in NJ
    abe2230 said:

So the A4 lease incentive for the month got me in the door (39mo/10kmiles/yr, for $369 with $3900 due at signing). Apparently finding a model to fit this deal is not easy....lol

Got an initial quote for A4 quattro with MSRP of $41705 for 39month lease with 10k miles/year for $495 mo with $3663.91 due at signing. I don't have breakdowns for that initial dp, the sales guy seems tight with the info (I'm not pressing to hard atm). At the initial stages of negotiating but wanted opinions to their initial offer, certainly seems high compared to their advertized lease offer but not so bad when I use edmunds lease payment calculator (assuming I am using it right!). What should the expected MF and RV be for this car? If I change to 12k miles for 36 months does will that changes the metrics by much? Thanks, I'm in NJ

Premium, premium plus, or prestige?

The 39 month MF is higher than the 36 month MF by .0002

You'll also want them to disclose the actual selling price so they can't fudge the payment number on you.

Ask for the breakdown of the up front costs .. first payment, acquisition fee, etc. are all OK, but any money down (cap cost reduction) is something we do not recommend. If the car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ah premium tiptronic (so just premium I believe). I will certainly get full breakdown etc...before I counter.

Out of curiosity, can a lease incentive benefit me at all if I am looking at a car outside the parameters of the incentive deal?
    abe2230 said:

Ah premium tiptronic (so just premium I believe). I will certainly get full breakdown etc...before I counter.

Out of curiosity, can a lease incentive benefit me at all if I am looking at a car outside the parameters of the incentive deal?

The nationally advertised lease deals are not all that great, to be honest. You can negotiate a better deal yourself, and get $0 down payment (note that that is different than $0 out of pocket at lease signing).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Very much appreciate the quick replies, thanks!
    Michaell said:

abe2230 said:

You'll also want them to disclose the actual selling price so they can't fudge the payment number on you.

Ask for the breakdown of the up front costs .. first payment, acquisition fee, etc. are all OK, but any money down (cap cost reduction) is something we do not recommend. If the car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money.

Up front costs are mostly taxes (looks like NJ collects up front), delivery charge $695, tag/doc fees and first months payment, so no cap reduction...

Wife nixed initial car b/c it lacked some features, now looking at a4 quattro premium plus with MSRP of $44510. Anyone got numbers for 10k/39 months with this? Any thoughts on 36 months vs 39 month leasing in general? Who generally wins with a longer lease?

thanks folks!
    abe2230 said:

Michaell said:

abe2230 said:

Up front costs are mostly taxes (looks like NJ collects up front), delivery charge $695, tag/doc fees and first months payment, so no cap reduction...

Wife nixed initial car b/c it lacked some features, now looking at a4 quattro premium plus with MSRP of $44510. Anyone got numbers for 10k/39 months with this? Any thoughts on 36 months vs 39 month leasing in general? Who generally wins with a longer lease?

thanks folks!
    For Audi, the MF is higher by .0002, so that hurts. Residual looks to be 2 points lower, so the extra 3 months really doesn't offset those two issues.

Yes, NJ calculates the taxes for the entire lease up front - you can choose to pay them at lease inception or roll them into the cap cost.

MF is .00020 for A4 Q Prem + for 36 months, .00040 for 39 months. 54% residual for 36/10, 52% for 39/10.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Excellent, thank you Michael. I will try to get him down to the $550 range for the 39/10. Any reason not to then roll taxes and fees into the cap and see if I can get MSD's?
    abe2230 said:

Excellent, thank you Michael. I will try to get him down to the $550 range for the 39/10. Any reason not to then roll taxes and fees into the cap and see if I can get MSD's?

No good reason I can think of. Best of luck and let us know how things turn out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Success! Got myself an A4 quattro premium plus with tech package, 39month/10k miles for $530/month. MSRP $44510, price paid $41348. Paid taxes and fees upfront with 1st month for about $3500. I didn't persue MSD, I believe I got a fair deal, thanks for your help!
    abe2230 said:

Success! Got myself an A4 quattro premium plus with tech package, 39month/10k miles for $530/month. MSRP $44510, price paid $41348. Paid taxes and fees upfront with 1st month for about $3500. I didn't persue MSD, I believe I got a fair deal, thanks for your help!

Congrats on the new Audi!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pfcreltnepfcreltne Member Posts: 7
    I have a quick question about factory incentives. I am evaluating leasing a 2015 A4 Q Premium or Premium Plus, 36 mos/10k. I currently have a BMW, so I should qualify for the Audi Conquest $1k credit. I would like to negotiate for a discount off MSRP before applying the $1k, but does conquest cash affect the dealership's profit margin? I can see the dealership arguing that the $1k conquest cash is part of the discount, and not on top of it, because they have to maintain a minimum margin. But I suspect the dealership gets compensated by Audi for that sort of incentive. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!
    pfcreltne said:

I have a quick question about factory incentives. I am evaluating leasing a 2015 A4 Q Premium or Premium Plus, 36 mos/10k. I currently have a BMW, so I should qualify for the Audi Conquest $1k credit. I would like to negotiate for a discount off MSRP before applying the $1k, but does conquest cash affect the dealership's profit margin? I can see the dealership arguing that the $1k conquest cash is part of the discount, and not on top of it, because they have to maintain a minimum margin. But I suspect the dealership gets compensated by Audi for that sort of incentive. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Why do you care about the dealer profit margin? Make your best offer before the conquest incentive; the dealer will accept it or not.

I'm almost certain that there are factory-to-dealer incentives. And, I'm almost as certain we'll never know about them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rsamerica1rsamerica1 Member Posts: 72

Can someone please provide MF and Residual for 2014 A4 Quattro Premium Plus for October  for 36/15K?

Can someone please provide MF and Residual for 2014 A4 Quattro Premium Plus for October  for 36/15K?

.00033 and 50%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

.00033 and 50%

Thanks.  Would one likely be able to get less than invoice $ as cap cost on a 2014 at this point?  Also, dealer initial offer is MF of .00093 so marking that up quite a bit. 

Michaell said:

.00033 and 50%

Thanks.  Would one likely be able to get less than invoice $ as cap cost on a 2014 at this point?  Also, dealer initial offer is MF of .00093 so marking that up quite a bit. 

Fyi Looking at no cap cost reduction/down payment and no security deposit for this one.  Msrp of $42,675 and invoice of $39,953. $695 acq fee. 

Michaell said:

.00033 and 50%

Fyi Looking at no cap cost reduction/down payment and no security deposit for this one.  Msrp of $42,675 and invoice of $39,953. $695 acq fee. 

Don't know unless you ask the dealer. 5-7% off sticker has been a good discount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

OK - now looking at 2015 A4 Quattro and interested in 36/15 and 36/12 MF and Residuals for:

Premium Plus with Technology Package
    Premium Plus with Technology Package and Sport Package
    Premium (not plus) with MMI Nav option

For Pennsylvania please. Thanks.

OK - now looking at 2015 A4 Quattro and interested in 36/15 and 36/12 MF and Residuals for:

Premium Plus with Technology Package
    Premium Plus with Technology Package and Sport Package
    Premium (not plus) with MMI Nav option

For Pennsylvania please. Thanks.

A4 Quattro Premium 36/15 - .00048 and 53%

A4 Quattro Premium + 36/15 - .00048 and 51%

Add 2% for 12K miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• manual_gearboxmanual_gearbox Member Posts: 6
    Hello Michaell. I'm just starting to look at a new Audi lease and have a few lease questions:
      1. Are there a range of MFs a dealership can offer for any combination of car/options/miles? Or is there a single rate for each combination?
      2. Do the MF rates you quote represent the absolute best MF offers Audi dealers can provide to customers?
      3. Does credit score impact the MF that the dealer can offer, or is it purely the dealer's discretion?
      Great information! Thank-You!

Hello Michaell. I'm just starting to look at a new Audi lease and have a few lease questions:

1. Are there a range of MFs a dealership can offer for any combination of car/options/miles? Or is there a single rate for each combination?
      2. Do the MF rates you quote represent the absolute best MF offers Audi dealers can provide to customers?
      3. Does credit score impact the MF that the dealer can offer, or is it purely the dealer's discretion?
      Great information! Thank-You!
    1. Audi's MF varies from model to model (A3 vs. A4, for example), and within trim level for a certain model (A4 FWD Premium vs. A4 Quattro Prestige).

2. The MF we quote represents the 'base' MF - this is the lowest they can be.

3. Dealer can inflate it for extra profit. Credit score can impact the MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rafbrafb Member Posts: 2
    guys, i've seen people talking about negotiating residual value, but in northeast area it seems that all the dealers are staying pretty firm at 53%, no one is budging. after speaking with multiple dealerships over the last couple of weeks here's the deal im getting:
    a4 premium plus with tech package
    Msrp ~ 44,750
    Sales price ~ 42,200
    Terms - 36m
    Mileage - 12k
    Money factor - .00068
    $640 with $0 at signing or $580 with $1,800 for 1st month, last and feed
    Residual value - 53%

I was thinking I can get a little but more on the residual value, but it does seem to be the case, perhaps it's because I'm buying a fully load car and those tend to lose a but more value... Also want to asks if they'll upgrade the miles to 15k, don't have any other ideas...

edited October 2014
    Hello Michaell:

Do you have money factor and residual data available yet for November?

Looking for data on A4, premium plus, manual transmission, Quattro, tech package for three different mileage tiers:

7.5k miles, 36 months
    10k miles, 36 months
    12k miles, 36 months

Any idea when Audi will start its fall promotional event? I think the summer deal covered first month's lease payment.
    rafb said:

guys, i've seen people talking about negotiating residual value, but in northeast area it seems that all the dealers are staying pretty firm at 53%, no one is budging. after speaking with multiple dealerships over the last couple of weeks here's the deal im getting:
    Msrp ~ 44,750
    Sales price ~ 42,200
    Terms - 36m
    Mileage - 12k
    Money factor - .00068
    Residual value - 53%

I was thinking I can get a little but more on the residual value, but it does seem to be the case, perhaps it's because I'm buying a fully load car and those tend to lose a but more value... Also want to asks if they'll upgrade the miles to 15k, don't have any other ideas...

2015 Quattro? A4 Premium+ residual is 53% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

Residuals aren't negotiable. They do vary by model, trim and mileage, but dealers cannot alter them. If you want 15K/yr, the residual drops to 51%.

But, the base MF is .00048, so they are marking that up for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hello Michaell:

Do you have money factor and residual data available yet for November?

Looking for data on A4, premium plus, manual transmission, Quattro, tech package for three different mileage tiers:

7.5k miles, 36 months
    10k miles, 36 months
    12k miles, 36 months

Any idea when Audi will start its fall promotional event? I think the summer deal covered first month's lease payment.

Audi updated their 2015 model program on October 10th, and it is scheduled to run through the end of the year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rafbrafb Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

rafb said:

Msrp ~ 44,750
    Sales price ~ 42,200
    Terms - 36m
    Mileage - 12k
    Money factor - .00068
    Residual value - 53%

Residuals aren't negotiable. They do vary by model, trim and mileage, but dealers cannot alter them. If you want 15K/yr, the residual drops to 51%.

kyfdx thank you for your insight!
    yes, it is quattro, so based on what you said it sounds like the sales price is really the only variable that can be negotiated. i'm trying to make the deal today, and everyone seems to be trying to match everyone else, no clear winner as of right now...
    rafb said:

kyfdx said:

rafb said:

Msrp ~ 44,750
    Sales price ~ 42,200
    Terms - 36m
    Mileage - 12k
    Money factor - .00068
    Residual value - 53%

kyfdx thank you for your insight!
    yes, it is quattro, so based on what you said it sounds like the sales price is really the only variable that can be negotiated. i'm trying to make the deal today, and everyone seems to be trying to match everyone else, no clear winner as of right now...
    FWIW, the current Audi numbers don't expire until Monday 11/3 ... don't feel pressure to sign anything today.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

2015 model numbers are now good through the end of the year (always subject to change, of course)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The other variable to consider is the start date for the next Audi promotion, like the "Summer of Audi" event. I believe they normally run one of these events starting in November. It typically means Audi pays the first month of your lease. Does anyone know when that starts?

Michaell or kyfdx, I've seen numbers back and forth on MF and residual. I just want to make sure I'm clear on the car and options I'm considering. What is the MF and residual for:

2015 A4, Premium Plus, quattro, manual transmission, 36 months and 10k miles/year.

Also, do the option packages impact the MF or residual?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.