Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Nissan Rogue Lease Questions

Comments

• jw074jw074 Member Posts: 16
    Are there any incentives for rogue awd S (not the select)?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,104

@jw074 said:
    Are there any incentives for rogue awd S (not the select)?

Nope - base MF of .00197 and 36/15 RV of 53% (FWD) or 55% (AWD)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• diamond484diamond484 Member Posts: 23

do the residuals go down every month? BTW I got a dealer to find me a lower money factor!!

@diamond484 said:
    do the residuals go down every month? BTW I got a dealer to find me a lower money factor!!

Often, but not always, the residual drops throughout the course of the model year.

Be careful. If the MF is lower there may be extra fees (before or after the lease) to make up for it. And, the residual may be lower as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• cstone12cstone12 Member Posts: 2

Any word if there are any subsidized leases on Rogue SLs or SVs in August?

@cstone12 said:
    Any word if there are any subsidized leases on Rogue SLs or SVs in August?

Nope, base MF of .00197 still applies to the Rogue.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cstone12cstone12 Member Posts: 2

@Michaell said:

Thank you

• gas88gas88 Member Posts: 3
    Looking at a Rogue Select 4x4 with comfort package. First stop into a dealer, quoting: 1k down $260/mo (+ tax)10k miles/yr.
    RT 22 central NJ.
    Does anyone have the MF and residual?

@gas88 said:
    Looking at a Rogue Select 4x4 with comfort package. First stop into a dealer, quoting: 1k down $260/mo (+ tax)10k miles/yr.
    RT 22 central NJ.
    Does anyone have the MF and residual?

What lease term?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• turbovdubturbovdub Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2014

Hey guys, new to these forums but boy do I wish I looked on here earlier. Tons of good info. I just signed a lease this past Saturday on a 2014 Rogue SL AWD with all options + mud guards, rear cargo covers, Moon roof package, chrome bumper pieces and floor mats. I had a MSRP of $33,050, lease term of 39 months 12k/year, put down $2500 and traded my POS falling apart civic for $800. Payment is $420 with tax and gap. no First month payment because they forgot to charge it (was sprinkled across the remaining 38 pmts). I guess realistically before tax, gap, and 1st month pmt Im at $400. Im in northern NJ too. How did I do on this deal? (::puts on flame suit:: lol). I thought I did ok but I see some of you picked up some good deals earlier this year. My hands were a little tied considering my daily was going to get me killed.

EDIT: I was Tier 1 and the lease was through Nissan

@turbovdub said:
    Hey guys, new to these forums but boy do I wish I looked on here earlier. Tons of good info. I just signed a lease this past Saturday on a 2014 Rogue SL AWD with all options + mud guards, rear cargo covers, Moon roof package, chrome bumper pieces and floor mats. I had a MSRP of $33,050, lease term of 39 months 12k/year, put down $2500 and traded my POS falling apart civic for $800. Payment is $420 with tax and gap. no First month payment because they forgot to charge it (was sprinkled across the remaining 38 pmts). I guess realistically before tax, gap, and 1st month pmt Im at $400. Im in northern NJ too. How did I do on this deal? (::puts on flame suit:: lol). I thought I did ok but I see some of you picked up some good deals earlier this year. My hands were a little tied considering my daily was going to get me killed.

I would say it's an OK deal; next time come see us first and we can get you better prepared for your visit to the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• turbovdubturbovdub Member Posts: 2

Thanks for commenting Michaell - how much better of a deal do you think I could've made?

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2014

I'll try giving it a shot (Michaell can add to or correct me when he pops back in B) ).

Often the selling price, even on a lease, is less than MSRP. The average price paid in Newark is about $1,500 below MSRP. Not a huge amount of money, especially spread over 3+ years, but that could have helped your payment.

Putting money down on a lease isn't recommended either since you'll be out that money if your Rogue gets wrecked or stolen.

Dissecting the Deal - How To Spot a Good Lease

I understand about the dying Civic - in my case, I had a second car so I was able to take my time replacing both my beat up cars.

Congrats on the new ride!

@stever said:
    I'll try giving it a shot (Michaell can add to or correct me when he pops back in B) ).

Often the selling price, even on a lease, is less than MSRP. The average price paid in Newark is about $1,500 below MSRP. Not a huge amount of money, especially spread over 3+ years, but that could have helped your payment.

Putting money down on a lease isn't recommended either since you'll be out that money if your Rogue gets wrecked or stolen.

Dissecting the Deal - How To Spot a Good Lease

I understand about the dying Civic - in my case, I had a second car so I was able to take my time replacing both my beat up cars.

Congrats on the new ride!

Not a lot to add ... had you been able to shave off the $1500 from the selling price, that would have saved you about $42/mo in your payment.

I agree about not putting money down, for the reasons mentioned above. But, I understand wanting to be at a certain monthly payment for budget reasons.

Enjoy your new car, and come see us again in 3 years when you're ready to do this again.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I had a dealer contact me saying there was finally a lease special on the 2014 SL AWD w/premium pkg. Says there is $1850 NMAC lease cash, residual at 15k is 53% at 39 months. The money factor is 0.00162

Is this legit? Central New Jersey.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@diamond484 said:
    I had a dealer contact me saying there was finally a lease special on the 2014 SL AWD w/premium pkg. Says there is $1850 NMAC lease cash, residual at 15k is 53% at 39 months. The money factor is 0.00162

Is this legit? Central New Jersey.

The money factor and residual are correct. I don't have incentive info, but you can check Edmunds information by using the Car Research tab at the top of the page.

Hopefully, the NMAC cash is correct... because otherwise, the "special" lease program isn't all that special.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yeah it looks like the $1850 NMAC cash is correct :smiley:

Has anyone gotten an AWD SL with just floor mats for around $29k ?

I plan on buying some extra accessories (moonroof wind deflector, cargo net, etc.) through Nissan's accessory website, as they have 20% off any accessory purchase over $100. They offer pickup at specific dealers, so I'll just have them shipped/picked up at that dealer. I'll make them install for free or maybe give them $100. The accessories are actually even cheaper on the actual Nissan accessory website!

I drive a HARD bargain and don't mind spending weeks hammering out the deal.

I'm also thinking about trying to sell my current vehicle to the dealer of that manufacturer. Has anyone tried this? Figure I'll get a few bucks more.

Sorry for so many questions!! When do the labor day deals come out? End of the month + Labor Day is hopefully a good scenario

@diamond484 said:
    Sorry for so many questions!! When do the labor day deals come out? End of the month + Labor Day is hopefully a good scenario

We usually don't get mid-month updates on sales like Labor Day.. Just watch the car ads... If you see the price drop significantly on the advertised leases, then something has changed. If Nissan puts out Labor Day weekend incentives, they will probably go into effect by the 25th.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• drmoore1976drmoore1976 Member Posts: 1

Hey all - appreciate the help in advance. Just left the dealer after getting some initial lease numbers on a Rogue SV. Rogue SV with family package came in at around 28000 and I have a trade in I owe 5400 on, and it was estimated between 7000-7500, so I figure they could do 2100 as a trade in allowance. The lease rate quoted upfront was 369/month with nothing else out of pocket, just the trade in equity. I initially balked and told him I was looking for in the 250 range, hoping to bargain up and he immediately went to the S model with the family package, which is about 26000 sticker and told me that would be closer to 300, in the early 300's for a monthly.

How much wiggle room do i have. I told him I'd accept the S for 259/month with the trade in, or up to 299 for the SV with family package tops. Am I unreasonable with my range of 250-270 for an S with family package, or 280-300 a month for the SV at 28000?

I really don't want to go beyond 300 max a month for any vehicle, but I'd love to get the SV if its realistic. Thanks!

@drmoore1976 said:
    Hey all - appreciate the help in advance. Just left the dealer after getting some initial lease numbers on a Rogue SV. Rogue SV with family package came in at around 28000 and I have a trade in I owe 5400 on, and it was estimated between 7000-7500, so I figure they could do 2100 as a trade in allowance. The lease rate quoted upfront was 369/month with nothing else out of pocket, just the trade in equity. I initially balked and told him I was looking for in the 250 range, hoping to bargain up and he immediately went to the S model with the family package, which is about 26000 sticker and told me that would be closer to 300, in the early 300's for a monthly.

How much wiggle room do i have. I told him I'd accept the S for 259/month with the trade in, or up to 299 for the SV with family package tops. Am I unreasonable with my range of 250-270 for an S with family package, or 280-300 a month for the SV at 28000?

I really don't want to go beyond 300 max a month for any vehicle, but I'd love to get the SV if its realistic. Thanks!

We would need to know the MSRP and selling price of both the S and SV in order to model a payment for you.

We aren't fans of using trade equity as a down payment .. if the car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ltsatxltsatx Member Posts: 5

Hi - Can I get the MF and RV for a 2014 rogue AWD/FWD SL in Texas? 10K / 12K miles/36 months. or 24 months. Thanks!

@ltsatx said:
    Hi - Can I get the MF and RV for a 2014 rogue AWD/FWD SL in Texas? 10K / 12K miles/36 months. or 24 months. Thanks!

.00162 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr for AWD.

Subtract 1% for FWD. Add 1% for 10K/yr.

24 month numbers are not competitive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• js20737js20737 Member Posts: 21

Hi guys, Colorado here. Looking for Rogue AWD SL Premium package. Need 15k (possibly 18k) mi/yr with 0 down.

First quote is MSRP $34,005, cash price 30,459. 39 months, 53% residual, .00162 MF @ $492/month for 15k and $515/mo for 18k.

Haven't confirmed yet but I believe this includes sales tax. Does this seem high? Appreciate your advice!

@js20737 said:
    Hi guys, Colorado here. Looking for Rogue AWD SL Premium package. Need 15k (possibly 18k) mi/yr with 0 down.

First quote is MSRP $34,005, cash price 30,459. 39 months, 53% residual, .00162 MF @ $492/month for 15k and $515/mo for 18k.

Haven't confirmed yet but I believe this includes sales tax. Does this seem high? Appreciate your advice!

With no additions or subtractions, the 39mo, 15K/yr lease payment would be $398/mo.+tax. (and, the MF and residual are correct).

To find out how they get to $492/mo., ask for a breakdown of the CAP cost and the amount due at signing, and how much of the payment is tax (going to guess around 8% on the payment in Colorado).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• js20737js20737 Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2014

@kyfdx said:
    To find out how they get to $492/mo., ask for a breakdown of the CAP cost and the amount due at signing, and how much of the payment is tax (going to guess around 8% on the payment in Colorado).

Thank you! The only additional detail they have provided is that it's apparently based on an adjusted cap cost of $32,748--so not the price we'd agreed upon, shady. Should the cap cost be the selling price LESS the lease cash, or $28,609 plus acquisition fee?

Can't tell you how much I appreciate your help here.

I'll guess that any lease cash was already factored into the selling price. You have to add the acquisition fee to that. You should ask them for a breakdown of the CAP cost. Looks like a lot of extras in there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

haven't seen much from the dealers in terms of labor day promos....... any word on official nissan incentives for the SL?

@diamond484 said:
    haven't seen much from the dealers in terms of labor day promos....... any word on official nissan incentives for the SL?

You might need to check Nissan's website for the latest offers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jyadjyad Member Posts: 1

Hi all- guy from New York here, and thanks for any insight in advanced. I'm close to signing on a 2014 Rogue SV AWD lease and have gotten quotes from 3 people now all ranging from $255/39 mo's to $260/42 mo's and $280/36 mo's in between. I'm thinking of going with the $255 but have been doing a lot of research to figure out of this deal makes sense. Here are the terms:
    -39 mos
    -$255 monthly
    -purchase option $14,923.20
    MSRP- 27,080
    Mi/year- 12k
    Disposition Fee $395
    AMOUNT DUE AT SIGNING:
    1st mo payment- $255
    Acquisition fee $595
    Fees & Insurance- $425
    Taxes- $1,118.24
    Total due at signing: $2,393.24

Does this look legit to anyone here? Thanks

@jyad said:
    Hi all- guy from New York here, and thanks for any insight in advanced. I'm close to signing on a 2014 Rogue SV AWD lease and have gotten quotes from 3 people now all ranging from $255/39 mo's to $260/42 mo's and $280/36 mo's in between. I'm thinking of going with the $255 but have been doing a lot of research to figure out of this deal makes sense. Here are the terms:
    -39 mos
    -$255 monthly
    -purchase option $14,923.20
    MSRP- 27,080
    Mi/year- 12k
    Disposition Fee $395
    AMOUNT DUE AT SIGNING:
    1st mo payment- $255
    Acquisition fee $595
    Fees & Insurance- $425
    Taxes- $1,118.24
    Total due at signing: $2,393.24

Does this look legit to anyone here? Thanks

How many miles per year? What is the negotiated selling price?

The residual and MF will change based on the length of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• camcrazcamcraz Member Posts: 5

Hi there. Can you help me out with residual and money factor for the 2014 Rogue SL AWD with premium package? I'm in Minnesota. My credit score is 700+. It's the end of the month so do these numbers change between august and September.. Ie if I sign tomorrow versus Monday?

@camcraz said:
    Hi there. Can you help me out with residual and money factor for the 2014 Rogue SL AWD with premium package? I'm in Minnesota. My credit score is 700+. It's the end of the month so do these numbers change between august and September.. Ie if I sign tomorrow versus Monday?

.00162 MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

The numbers are good through Tuesday, September 2nd.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• camcrazcamcraz Member Posts: 5
    Does the residual percentage and/or money factor change if it's for 12k miles per year rather than 15k?

@camcraz said:
    Does the residual percentage and/or money factor change if it's for 12k miles per year rather than 15k?

For Nissan, 12K residuals are 1% higher than 15K/yr residuals

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mindy61mindy61 Member Posts: 2

Hi. I got a price for a 2014 Rogue SL AWD with premium package and some other options, in NJ, MSRP was 33,340 and the TrueCar price $30,542. I'm thinking of leasing and this is the price they gave me so far (I might be able to get it lower but wanted more info on what I should be paying when I go back). This is the price they gave me so far - 39 months, 12k $390 a month, nothing down. What is a good lease price, anything I should be asking? They said no money down, everything was included in the monthly lease cost.
    thanks

• rex_411rex_411 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014

I am new to leasing and want to be sure my dealer didn't mess up my paperwork. I live in upstate NY. To start, my saleswoman was brand new (2nd lease) and knew as much as I did about leasing. After first day of talking my deal was $296 a month for Rogue SV AWD with Premium Package. After reading this post over the evening I went back in to dealer and asked a few more questions. Without changing anything on my end her boss refigured the price and it went down to $275 a month (she used incorrect MF). Then on the final paperwork it was lowered again to $269 a month with no explanation. Here are the specifics: MSRP was $28,500 with sales price of $26,583. My trade was $2,700 and I put down $1,000(I know how the group feels on putting money into a lease but I know my wife and I with 'spare' money). 36 month lease with 15,000 miles and received $1,850 from Nissan. I was never shown MF or Residual % but based on paperwork it shows $15,390. Rent charge is $2,229.97 and depreciation is $7,454.03. On final paperwork they changed the price of vehicle to $26,682.95 with Gross Capitalization Cost of $28,207.82 (26,682.95value of car+771.12sales tax+71.25title+595acqusition fee+75 doc fee+12.5 tire fee). Cap reduction was $5,363.79.

Should I go back an ask about them changing the price of the car? Also, even though monthly payment was $269 the saleswoman charged me $295.89 for first month since that was the original monthly payment (she screwed up and they said the difference just got rolled into the price). Did I get a good deal and should I be worried about all the number changes? Thanks in advance!

Do we know money factor and residual % for the SL premium in NJ area as of 9/4/14

Any lease cash? Hope I didn't miss out on the $1850 last month while I was traveling.

@diamond484 said:
    Do we know money factor and residual % for the SL premium in NJ area as of 9/4/14

Any lease cash? Hope I didn't miss out on the $1850 last month while I was traveling.

.00157 MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr (AWD)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mindy61mindy61 Member Posts: 2

For NJ do you know for a 39 month lease, 12k miles for the SL Premium what the MF & residual is for this month. When I asked the dealership they said the 39 month lease was better then 36 month lease but not why it was

• rcld3rcld3 Member Posts: 39
    In ky, what is the RV, MF, for a 2014 Rogue SL AWD 36 mo 15k m/yr? Local dealership says they have no incentives right now but I'm curious what I can expect to pay monthly w 0 down and a trade in worth maybe $1000. (02 Odyssey EXL, 192k mi). Anything else I need to know?

@mindy61 said:
    For NJ do you know for a 39 month lease, 12k miles for the SL Premium what the MF & residual is for this month. When I asked the dealership they said the 39 month lease was better then 36 month lease but not why it was

My numbers disagree with the dealer.

36/12 - 60% and .00157

39/12 - 54% and .00162

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@rcld3 said:
    In ky, what is the RV, MF, for a 2014 Rogue SL AWD 36 mo 15k m/yr? Local dealership says they have no incentives right now but I'm curious what I can expect to pay monthly w 0 down and a trade in worth maybe $1000. (02 Odyssey EXL, 192k mi). Anything else I need to know?

.00157 and 59%.

In order to model a payment, we would need both the MSRP and the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell: MSRP is 30,975, he initially offered a discount of 1300 so price is 29,675. he also said lease payment with 1st mo and license down for 39 mos was $428. That sounds high to me for the price he quoted. But, I'm not sure my math is correct. Just trying to figure out if this is a dealership I want to work with or not. There are other options out of town in a hour or less. really just went there to test drive close to home. Still trying to decide between Rogue SL and CRV EXL (we do have a leased 2012 accord SE that expires next August... is it.too early to swap if we choose to go with Honda???) What do you think about the numbers this guy gave us? thanks!

@rcld3 said:
    Michaell: MSRP is 30,975, he initially offered a discount of 1300 so price is 29,675. he also said lease payment with 1st mo and license down for 39 mos was $428. That sounds high to me for the price he quoted. But, I'm not sure my math is correct. Just trying to figure out if this is a dealership I want to work with or not. There are other options out of town in a hour or less. really just went there to test drive close to home. Still trying to decide between Rogue SL and CRV EXL (we do have a leased 2012 accord SE that expires next August... is it.too early to swap if we choose to go with Honda???) What do you think about the numbers this guy gave us? thanks!

With your numbers, I get $367.58/mo for 38 months, so the quote of $428 seems pretty high by comparison.

What state is this? Tax obligations can vary wildly and drive the lease payment up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell this is in ky w 6% sales tax.
    I actually misread the lease payment number. He says payments are $458 w 1st payment, lic at signing. Advice?
  • lag777lag777 Member Posts: 5
    Interested in money factor and residual on a 2014 Nissan Rogue S AWD for 36 months 12k mi per year. In Massachusetts. Thanks!

@lag777 said:
    Interested in money factor and residual on a 2014 Nissan Rogue S AWD for 36 months 12k mi per year. In Massachusetts. Thanks!

.00157 MF and 62% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Anyone out there willing to share their great lease deal numbers on a Rogue SL or SV w premium
  • lag777lag777 Member Posts: 5
    Would those numbers yield a good lease deal? Sale prices around 23,700 plus tax tag title doc fee etc rolled in. So say $26,000 total cost.
This discussion has been closed.