Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease Excess Wear Protection plan? <Urgent>

reyndreynd Member Posts: 7

Hi,

I am going to sign the lease agreement tomorrow. So please help!

Do I need to buy the lease excess wear protection plan? And how much is it? If I bought the audi care program, do I still need to buy this plan?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046

@reynd said:
    Hi,

I am going to sign the lease agreement tomorrow. So please help!

Do I need to buy the lease excess wear protection plan? And how much is it? If I bought the audi care program, do I still need to buy this plan?

Thanks!!!

The LEWP pays for excess wear at lease end.. I generally pass on items like this. But, on some models, Audi adds another point to the residual (like they do with AudiCare), and if the cost of the plan is low, then it may be worthwhile.

How much is the LEWP, and do they adjust the residual? Or, to make it simpler, how much does the monthly lease payment go up, if you add it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    edited August 2014

Unless you are very hard on your cars I believe I would pass. It's nothing more than VERY expensive insurance. A family member just bought a new Audi A3 and they signed up for a 100,000 mile pre paid maintenance program at what I thought was an CRAZY amount of money.

But, I could be wrong too since Audi's are notoriously expensive to fix and aging well isn't one of their strong suits.

• reyndreynd Member Posts: 7

@kyfdx‌ @isellhondas. Thanks for the answer. They provided me 2% RV increase for audi care and LEWP, so I took it. Really frustrated with my previous lease return.

• reyndreynd Member Posts: 7

@kyfdx‌ @isellhondas. Thanks for the answer. They provided me 2% RV increase for audi care and LEWP, so I took it. Really frustrated with my previous lease return.