Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I wanted your suggestions on what you feel would be the best classic car?

socallimosocallimo Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in General

We run a classic car hire company based in perth [non-permissible content removed]. I wanted your suggestions on what you feel would be the best classic car? Our most popular car is the rolls royce silver cloud but are looking to buy a new car.

Answers

• oblithianoblithian Member Posts: 7

That would really depend on your target market.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

If your market is weddings and things like that, how about a 1959 Cadillac 4-door sedan. Outrageous styling, plenty of room, generally quite reliable, and since it is a sedan you can buy them relatively inexpensively.

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

Wow...that's a great suggestion. I totally concur!

• andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,681

If you're doing weddings, I think a Lincoln Continental with suicide doors would also be way cool. Really great for photo shoots, with the way those doors open. Of course, probably not as reliable, or easy to find parts for, as a '59 Cadillac.

I think almost any full-sized convertible is also pretty cool for a wedding. Years ago, I let a co-worker use my '67 Catalina convertible in her wedding, for photo shoots.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,140

I am assuming this person lives in Perth Australia, or maybe Scotland - so the supply of 59 Caddys and old Continentals might be low. Good excuse for a private import though.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Oh, Aussies buy American iron all the day long. There are even companies here in the US (in your neck of the woods, Fin) who specialize in expediting the purchase and shipment of US cars to Australia. There's a very active pipeline right now.

I thought about the Lincoln Continental also but they are troublesome cars, so I nixed the idea as a livery vehicle. You have to keep your inventory rolling if you want to stay in business.

• joshiajoshia Member Posts: 1
    Great question! My suggestions are Rolls Royce series, jaguar, Pontiac, bmw, Benz, etc,. It’s all depending upon your budget.
  • jimthompkinsjimthompkins Member Posts: 2
    I've always been a big fan of the early 50's Cadillacs and I think a nice 1950 convertible would work well for you.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    joshia said:

Great question! My suggestions are Rolls Royce series, jaguar, Pontiac, bmw, Benz, etc,. It’s all depending upon your budget.

You have NO IDEA what a Rolls Royce or a Jaguar will do to your wallet when something breaks and that will happen often. A BMW or Mercedes will do the same thing but to a much lesser degree.

Pontiac?? how did that get into your mix?