Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

And Away We Go - 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Kia
imageAnd Away We Go - 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

The first leg of our trip in the 2014 Kia Cadenza was an easy 400-mile jaunt to St. George, Utah. A quick stop in Barstow showed me what the Cadenza looked like when close to its load limits.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512

More Hyundai/Kia suspension follies. Great cars for the money, just don't have the suspension calibration thing down yet.

• Options
    igve2shtzigve2shtz Member Posts: 12

I agree with fordson1. My first experience with Hyundais/Kias is my mother's 07 Sonata. Driver, or driver/passenger, car is very good. Throw any weight in the trunk, or a couple passengers in the rear, and it's like the suspension just gives up. My brother (07 Sante Fe, 13 Sante Fe Sport) experiences the same problem. The Edmunds long-term Sante Fe has the same issue. If Hyundai/Kia were able to recruit a decent suspension engineer, they would be at the top of the charts. Until then, I look elsewhere.

• Options
    yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234

Hyundai is trying to improve. I thought the Genesis had Lotus engineers tune its suspension. They should pay Lotus to tune all their cars while they're at it.

• Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    edited August 2014

If the suspension is fine in normal situations and only a problem under load maybe a rear load leveling system is needed. I'm not talking about the expensive air springs like Edmunds long term Ram but some air shocks, a couple of sensors and a compressor. GM has been using this simple system in large SUV's, Caddies, and Buicks for years. Most people don't even know that their Suburban/Tahoe has standard auto level control but say how well it rides no matter how much it's loaded.