Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    @driver100 said:

"I guess the question is, if they know they can sell all they can get orders for, will the dealer try to put you off if you order a stripped down model? Like you said, if he can only get so many, and he knows they will all sell ot, he may as well try to sell the most expensive models he can get."

Not necessarily. If the dealership tries any " hanky-panky" like delaying the order or saying he placed the order and it ends up he did not, oldfarmer merely calls Ford Consumer Relations and the dealership can be fined or receive a warning which can cost him bucks on terms of rebates etc.

That's why you give the dealer a deposit, agree to price, get a copy of the agreement with estimated delivery date signed by the Sales Manager. Now the dealer is obligated and oldfarmer has cause for legal action.

2021 Genesis G90

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559

Now wait a minute! :s

As usual after I re read information I realize I didn't understand what I was seeing. That $1 discount was something from Edmunds not the dealer and when I rechecked the dealer's site against the Edmunds Price & Build and it looks like this dealer is listing his 2015 Mustang GT for $400 under invoice.

http://www.tomsford.com/auto/new-2015-ford-mustang-gt/1746441/

What am I missing?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

@oldfarmer50‌ said:

"As usual after I re read information I realize I didn't understand what I was seeing. That $1 discount was something from Edmunds not the dealer and when I rechecked the dealer's site against the Edmunds Price & Build and it looks like this dealer is listing his 2015 Mustang GT for $400 under invoice.

What am I missing?"

I did not see that - I just saw MSRP. My guess is that they will sell you a 2014 for under invoice. The ad, if in fact is selling a 2015 for $400 under invoice, is either a mistake or false advertising.

No one is selling a 2015 Mustang GT with automatic for $400 below invoice.

Pull the trigger already , OF - order the darn car just the way you want it or drive over to the Ford dealer who advertised the car and buy it already!

2021 Genesis G90

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964

@abacomike said: oldfarmer merely calls Ford Consumer Relations and the dealership can be fined or receive a warning which can cost him bucks on terms of rebates etc.

Thanks for the answer, much appreciated.

I think that if oldfarmer orders a Mustang the way he wants he should try to get a 5% discount. No one really knows if 2015 Mustangs are going to sell out. He may get a better deal if he places an order, the first ones may get bought up right away by the fans, and then a dealer and Ford will be glad to make him one.

I would talk to a dealer. Order the car exactly the way you want it. You would have nothing to lose. If you don't get it at the first dealer just walk. If you find one you like you can go for it, if not, just sit back and wait until the dust settles.

It sounds like a lot of money, but, it won't mean a thing in the big scheme of things. I probably overpaid for some cars....but, I have no regrets - liked all my cars and if I am out a few $$$$s, I wouldn't know it.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

edited August 2014
    @driver100 said:

"I think that if oldfarmer orders a Mustang the way he wants he should try to get a 5% discount."

If you build a 2015 Mustang GT with automatic transmission and one or two stand-alone options, you will see that a 5% discount off MSRP is close to cost on these cars. There isn't much of a mark-up on these cars. Dealers make their money on incentives from Ford - but there won't be any of those for quite some time.

Ford, Chevy and Dodge dealers make their money on volume sales - which is not the case with most other brands.

If oldfarmer tries to get 5% off MSRP from a dealer, his last rights will come sooner than his car if he wants one in the next few months.

2021 Genesis G90

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435

@nyc, I stopped at Kolb last winter. not far from the old homestead. And was actually right around the corner from there on Friday.

My SIL has decided on a Forrester, and needs to get moving on it soon. She lives up past Albany, so I am limited here to giving her a target # and hoping her BF can take care of the rest! She is hopeless on her own.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• @nyccarguy said
    I'll keep you guys updated.

I own 2012 Impreza 2.0 Limited with 5-door. Having just bought a 2015 Outback, which is a brand new model this year, I'd recommend targeting 3% below invoice plus TTL.

• @stickguy said:
    My SIL has decided on a Forrester, and needs to get moving on it soon. She lives up past Albany, so I am limited here to giving her a target # and hoping her BF can take care of the rest! She is hopeless on her own.

My father-in-law loves his 2014 Forester. Perhaps you could help your sister through email negotiations with dealers near her? Essentially set the deal so she just needs to walk in sign paperwork.

@stickguy said:
    nyc, I stopped at Kolb last winter. not far from the old homestead. And was actually right around the corner from there on Friday.

A woman at work bought a new Forester and loves it. It's gotten big over the years.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602

@oldfarmer50 said:
    Now wait a minute! :s

As usual after I re read information I realize I didn't understand what I was seeing. That $1 discount was something from Edmunds not the dealer and when I rechecked the dealer's site against the Edmunds Price & Build and it looks like this dealer is listing his 2015 Mustang GT for $400 under invoice.

What am I missing?

When it comes to the new Mustang and all the excitement -- I don't think I want the first few months of production. Also, I would want a thorough test drive to make sure it lives up to my own expectations before I placed an order. Probably takes a lot of the fun out of it but six months of patience makes sense.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

@cdnpinhead said:
    I thought people who finance a car for six years don't spend time on these boards, but I'm always interested in learning how many other ways I can be wrong.

Well I am back from the Caribbean (hate the thought of going back to work tomorrow), well anyway, it would depend on the interest rates being offered. Offer me 72 months at 0% and I will snap it up. I could always pay it off faster and I do keep cars for longer than 72 months. You will even pay less with a 72 month loan at 1.5% than you will with a 48 month loan at 4%. So it would all depend on what the particulars are.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

@abacomike said:If you build a 2015 Mustang GT with automatic transmission and one or two stand-alone options, you will see that a 5% discount off MSRP is close to cost on these cars.

I think it is worth a shot, the most the salesman can say is no. We may think the 2015 is going to be a huge seller but what if it isn't as big as everyone seems to think. There isn't much profit in selling cars these days anyway. The profit is in the servicing, and they really try to stick it to you there.

No one wants to pay more than they have to, so by asking for 5% off you can get a sense of whether any discount is possible. It might lead to a different strategy too, like wait for 5 months until the hoopla is over and there might be excess cars in stock.

@ab348 said:
    According to the dealer's own website the E350 sedan they have on their lot that I looked at is a color called Dolomite Brown. I don't know what a dolomite is but apparently they are brown.

Dolomite is a carbonate mineral that could be almost any color.

@abacomike said:
    I GUESS I HAVE NO TASTE OR SENSE OF HUMOR

I have been watching the Emmy's on TV and it would appear that the nominees and the winners of the first 8 or 9 Emmy awards are as foreign to me as an Alfa Romeo is to the car enthusiast.

I don't watch any of those shows nor any of the networks. "The New Black Is Orange"? "Mom"? "Veep"? It's like I've been in a coma for 10 years and just woke up and this is all that's on TV.

I have seen a couple of episodes of "Mom" (that's an hour of my life I will never get back) and it's not you that has no taste or sense of humor it is those who pick who wins Emmys that has no taste if anything on that show won.

@oldfarmer50 said:
    Watching Fast & Loud and they bought a 1984 Seville. They all trashed talked it during the show and just dumped it on the internet but I kind if like that quirky style.

I think it was Motor Trend that when that Seville came out stated that "The garbage truck that ran into the back of that Seville should have kept going".

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited September 2014

@snakeweasel said:
    I think it was Motor Trend that when that Seville came out stated that "The garbage truck that ran into the back of that Seville should have kept going".

Maybe they would have liked it more if the same styling cues were to have come from other manufacturers? ... Oh wait. Here's one. There's a strong resemblance in the shaping of the rear.
    I recall when the Seville came out and that styling was likened to some earlier older style vehicles. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of the old cars.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

@snakeweasel said:
    I have seen a couple of episodes of "Mom" (that's an hour of my life I will never get back) and it's not you that has no taste or sense of humor it is those who pick who wins Emmys that has no taste if anything on that show won."

I have finally figured it all out about why the shows we don't watch or care to watch are doing so well via the Emmy's and why the shows we did/do like are at the back of the pack. Here is my analysis:

*Shows like "Everyone Loves Raymond", "Frasier", "Seinfeld", "Two and a Half Men" and the like, are situation comedies that require "logic, cerebral analysis, deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, etc.," in order to appreciate the humor and the "read between the lines" punch lines, as well as excellent performers who deliver the humor. Additionally, shows like "Perry Mason", "Ironsides", "Murder She Wrote", etc., were shows that required excellent actors to perform to perfection!

Today's situation comedies are very, very different - the actors are fed the lines and they deliver them as written without the need for the audience (us) to decipher or use advanced cerebral systems to derive the humor - it's put out there right in front of us and all we have to do is watch and listen.

I remember the days of "Seinfeld" when we would go to work the next morning and the discussion in the lounge or in the offices was all about, "...did you see...what did you think about...wasn't that hysterical...it was just too funny the way Jerry's parents...etc., etc., etc.," Not any more - there is no show on TV that is good enough for people to gather around the lounge or water bottle and discuss, at length, the intracasies of the humor.

So that's my analysis of today's shows vs. yester-years shows.

2021 Genesis G90

@jayrider said:
    When it comes to the new Mustang and all the excitement -- I don't think I want the first few months of production. Also, I would want a thorough test drive to make sure it lives up to my own expectations before I placed an order. Probably takes a lot of the fun out of it but six months of patience makes sense.

I tend to agree with you. Besides, that would give me an extra 6 months to obsess.

BTW, the dealer from NJ emailed me back and invited me to come in this morning at 9. I guess he didn't know I was 160 miles away. Asked him again about the below invoice price. We'll see.

Be interesting to see what that car sells for. There might some real enthusiasts who would like a piece of history.

• verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    edited September 2014

@nyccarguy said:
    Not sure how many of you guys here know this, but I'm in the market for a new car.

I'll keep you guys updated.

We had an Impreza back in 2005. It was my wife's car. We got rid of it 2 years later because it was too small for us. When going on any trip, it'd be a tight squeeze for the 2 of us. If friends came along, we looked like sardines.

Having said that, she still misses it and everytime when we see one driving around she gives me a hard time about selling "her" Impreza. And my wife doesn't care about cars at all.

So if the size is right for you, I'm sure you'll do great.

Also Subaru offers invoice minus X pricing if you're part of several organizations.
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/subaru_discounts.html

IIRC, you can join Leave no Trace and then get the discount. Good luck.

@driver100 said:
    ...it's worth a shot...

According to Edmunds there's about $2000 markup as I configured it. 5% would be $1775. That would be a heck of a shot for a new model.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

@abacomike said:
    Not any more - there is no show on TV that is good enough for people to gather around the lounge or water bottle and discuss, at length, the intracasies of the humor.

>

So that's my analysis of today's shows vs. yester-years shows.

That may be true of today's sitcoms, but there are plenty of shows that folks talk about the next day - Game of Thrones is one, and Breaking Bad, when it was on, was another.

Another thing to consider about water cooler talk is that so many folks time-shift their viewing now with DVR, TiVo's, Apple TV and the like, so not everybody watches the show when it is originally aired.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805

I'm not a fan of the show "Mom." Even so, it's not a normal sitcom. It deals with very heavy issues such as alcoholism and cancer. Everybody Loves Raymond and Two and a Half Men wouldn't be able to could never be able to do that. The latter I watch solely for mindless escape and there is very little there that stimulates my brain.

IMHO, Modern Family is one of the best comedies on TV. It's full of inside jokes and breaks down the fourth wall.

I think the real issue here is the age of the viewer. I think we all hearken back to the past and see things as better. I see the crud that my 14 YO daughter watches on Disney and Teen Nick and shake my head. But then I realize, I'm not the person it's written for.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

Thanks verdugo. It's a nice discount (invoice minus 2%), but you need to be a member for 6 months.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• sterlingdogsterlingdog Member Posts: 6,984

@nyccarguy said:
    Explorerx4

Looks good. I still need to do some more digging. It seems this Mitchell gives healthy discounts, but adds on accessories to ever car they have. I do like to make apples to apples comparisons.

ab348

I know its going to be a step down, but it is something I have to do.

Don't you worry about stepping down. You have set your goals for the future and it appears that you are sticking to them. You'll be very glad later. I'm proud of you.

Richard

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

Thanks for your vote of confidence Richard,

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@oldfarmer50 said:According to Edmunds there's about $2000 markup as I configured it. 5% would be $1775. That would be a heck of a shot for a new model.

Yeh, but just go in acting dumb and you can ask for 5% off and he may come back at 3% off or 2.5.

When I bought the E we agreed on the trade in first. I didn't expect this fancy dealership to discount the E. When he calculated the price I asked him where my 10% discount was. We both laughed knowing that was ridiculous. Then I said it is a deal if you take 4% off. He was really caught off guard, he hesitated, and then said yes. It seems to me there was something that worked...maybe he knew I was serious but if I left he could lose me. Maybe it was better to make a sale without fussing around because I seemed to be knowledgeable. Maybe I should have tried for 6% off....who knows, but, if you are reasonable and are willing to come to a reasonable agreement, it should work. Of course, some dealers won't give much....that's just their business model......I'll have to have exhausted my options before I go down that road.

@imidazol97 said:Oh wait. Here's one. There's a strong resemblance in the shaping of the rear. I recall when the Seville came out and that styling was likened to some earlier older style vehicles. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of the old cars.

I am not sure I am reading that right, but, the bmw 740 shown came after the 87 Seville I am sure, and I think it was a slightly different look they were trying to achieve.

The 87 Seville looked more like this 1953 Triumph Mayflower. There were many cars in the 40s that had the bustleback design. My guess is the Seville designers were trying to capture the romance of another era....but, kind of bungled it.

The rear end of that 7 Series car was actually a scientific masterpiece in a way. New European designs were up against some heavy design parameters.

First, they had to deal with what were new Euro-spec rear-crash protection standards, which were tougher than ever before. Bangle also had to deal with something tougher than a bunch of European bureaucrats — aerodynamics. It’s a sad fact of nature that if you want to cut wind resistance, keeping your vehicle low in the front and high in the back is a good rule of thumb.
    So, the car was designed to overcome these obstacles, and that's what it did...and sales numbers don't lie...people bought them.

IThe Bangle butt actually worked better on the 2003 to 2007 5 Series, where it blended in more with the trunk. These cars actually look better today than they did when they were new. They are very distinctive looking, and the styling gives it a stately appearance.

edited September 2014

@driver100 said:
    The 87 Seville looked more like this 1953 Triumph Mayflower. There were many cars in the 40s that had the bustleback design. My guess is the Seville designers were trying to capture the romance of another era....but, kind of bungled it.

The Seville certainly wasn't modeled after the Mayflower. As for bungling, I'm not convinced it was bungled. I don't find any pictures of cars which had the style the design was emulating. It was not accepted well and soon disappeared, at least until the BMW styling in the picture, which came later. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What brand cars are these?

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312

That '02 is interesting, but I'm not sure how much it's worth. The engine information is unique, but I'm not sure how big the market is for a decapitated and customized '02. I'd think it would be worth more if it still had a roof and stock trim.

Getting back to the engine swap, McHenry was an engine guru in the BMW community, but there are dozens of 2002s running around with M20 and M5x engine swaps. There are even a few '02s equipped with E30 M3 motors- informally referred to a "M2s"

As tweaked 2002s go, this is more my style:

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    edited September 2014

@imidazol97 said:

I thought that the E65 7er and E60 5er were stylistic abortions- just like the bustle-back Seville. Most Bimmer enthusiasts vilified the "Bangle butt."

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286

@nyccarguy said:
    Thanks verdugo. It's a nice discount (invoice minus 2%), but you need to be a member for 6 months.

You don't have anything to lose by asking. Aim to get that price. "Look, I like you Mr, Dealer. Can you give me this price now or should I wait 6 months until my membership discount kicks in and I come back?"

"Why yes, Mr, Nyccarguy, I'll be happy to give you invoice minus 2% right now rather than risk you not coming back in 6 months."

*** Then End ***

@imidazol97 said:at least until the BMW styling in the picture, which came later. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Both weren't the best of designs, people loved or hated both...mostly hated.

And then there were these beauties....1979 Buick Century. I was working for a division at Warner Brothers and they were renting these for the sales staff. We were so excited we were moving up from 1976 Plymouth Furies to 1979 Buicks.....until we saw them! OMG. One guy got a green one with a brown interior. I think the design only lasted one or two years.

BTW.....what are the cars in those pictures?

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

I enjoyed looking at those old time car wrecks.

In those days, it didn't take much of an accident to get killed.

Heck, that was even the case in the 50's.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029

@driver100 - the 1980 Seville was not inspired by the Triumph Mayflower. It was, though, inspired by the 1950s Rolls Royce Silver Wraith styled by Hooper. Here is an example:

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

edited September 2014

@driver100 said:
    Both weren't the best of designs, people loved or hated both...mostly hated.

There were lots of that bustleback Seville sold in this midwest area during their new era.
    BUT I can't recall the last time I've seen one in the wild. Nor can I recall
    seeing one at car shows/cruise ins. Not a one.

But, on the other hand, I've seen many Cadillacs that have been preserved
    or restored. That's kind of odd.

@ab348 said:
    driver100 - the 1980 Seville was not inspired by the Triumph Mayflower. It was, though, inspired by the 1950s Rolls Royce Silver Wraith styled by Hooper. Here is an example:

Now that's stately and beautiful.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029

@imidazol97 said:
    There were lots of that Seville sold in this midwest area during their new era. BUT I can't recall the last time I've seen one in the wild. Nor can I recall seeing one at car shows/cruise ins. Not a one.

But, on the other hand, I've seen many Cadillacs that have been preserved or restored. That's kind of odd.

Locally there are a few first-generation Sevilles around that have been well-preserved. Aside from perhaps paint I think they must be mostly original cars. Can't imagine trying to restore one.

The second generation cars are just not to be seen in these parts. I do remember driving one when new. I was a flunky working at my first job just out of university and got invited to join the owner of the company I worked for and our Controller for lunch one day. They both had several drinks at lunch and asked me to drive them back to the office. The Controller had a new bustleback Seville. All I remember about it was that it had the lightest, lowest-effort power steering I ever experienced. Zero road feel and almost zero effort to steer.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Awhile back we were discussing watches and someone mentioned getting an expensive watch (a brand I cannot recall) at a big discount on a cruise. Well a few days ago I was on a cruise when they held a sale on Invicta watches. Man that was a feeding frenzy but I managed to sneak in and found a watch with a MSRP of $800 priced at $120 (85% off). Nice looking and feeling watch that I came very close to buying but decided against it (I normally carry a pocket watch when I carry a watch).

@ab348 said:
    driver100 - the 1980 Seville was not inspired by the Triumph Mayflower. It was, though, inspired by the 1950s Rolls Royce Silver Wraith styled by Hooper. Here is an example:

That looks more like a Seville, but, somehow, it looks better on the Rolls.

@imidazol97 said:But, on the other hand, I've seen many Cadillacs that have been preserved or restored.

There seems to be a few oddities about the cars people make into classics. Chevrolet outsold Ford almost every year in the 50s, with the big exceptions being 1957 and 1959. You would think people would make a 57 Ford the real catch...but, for some reason the 57 Chevy became the big classic car. I think the Ford should be the more coveted car, it is a much more creative design.

It's just a personal choice I guess, that's why some people buy Fords and some Chevs (or Mustangs and Camaros, etc etc.)

@driver100 said:
    Chevrolet outsold Ford almost every year in the 50s, with the big exceptions being 1957 and 1959. You would think people would make a 57 Ford the real catch...but, for some reason the 57 Chevy became the big classic car.

We agree on that. I like the 57 Ford high line much better than the Chevy. Must be the engine or maybe the Chevy had better handling, etc., that made it the preferred vehicle of many. Was the Ford a truly new car compared to the 56 Ford or was it just a different body poured onto the same chassis? That idea sticks in my memory from somewhere; as new as the Ford looks, it was based on the earlier chassis. I had a 57 as my first car of my own in the household. 2-door sedan with fake chrome over the posts to mimic a hardtop. Neat.

@imidazol97 said:

There is a great 57 Ford site that says the 57 Ford was technologically advanced in many ways at the time. Here is part of what it said;
    For 1957.....there's a big new kind of Ford with the touch of tomorrow! This brilliant new automotive package is bigger, easier to enter, roomier than ever. Yet it's lower...so low that a man of average height can rest his elbows comfortably on its top! And longer....you're never seen such graceful contour of its sculptured-in-steel body says, "Let's GO"

What kind of magic made this miracle possible? It all started with a new Inner Ford. For Ford engineers reinvented the automobile. They developed a revolutionary contoured frame......a built-for-keeps body...a new type of low-slung drive...a new level-ride suspension....a wide range of new higher-compression engines. These are but a few of the reasons why this kind of Ford rides silent, solid and secure.

I remember the ads showed a businessman could sit in the drivers seat and reach down and pick up his briefcase, because the car was so low.
    1957 Ford

This gives the idea of how low the 57 Ford was;

If you go on the site there are lots of good sections...history, color choices, ads etc.

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805

Well a day of firsts and lasts just got started. My son just left for his last first day of school and his sister was in the passenger seat for her first day of high school.

edited September 2014

@driver100 said:
    If you go on the site there are lots of good sections...history, color choices, ads etc.

Interesting post. I was wrong on the year where the skin was new but the underpinnings
    were essentially carry overs--that was the 1960.
    "The engines were carried over from the 1959 Ford, as was the basic chassis design, but the sheetmetal was updated." --1960 ford - Wikipedia

@imidazol97 said:

My Dad had a 59 Ford and then a 60 Meteor which was a Canadian version of a Ford (different grill, rear, chrome). The 59 Ford was a great car at the time, the 60 tried to be more flashy, but some things didn't quite work. They had to add guides on the side of the hood because you couldn't see where the sides were, and, once he clipped a fin pulling out of a parking space...hit the parking meter when driving out....that shouldn't happen.

1960 Meteor

Rear of a 60 Meteor:

Compared to 1960 Ford Galaxie:

@driver100 said:

That picture has lots of 53/54/56 Mercurys in the background when enlarged that can be seen very well.

The blue green '60 Ford next to the red one is like the one dad bought as his last new car. Had regular hub caps instead of wheel covers and 6-cylinder with manual transmission.

@imidazol97 said:green '60 Ford next to the red one is like the one dad bought as his last new car. Had regular hub caps instead of wheel covers and 6-cylinder with manual transmission

My Dad bought a new Ford, Meteor or Mercury every year or two during the 50s, 60s and 70s and into 80s.

I guess he was a chronic car buyer before his time.....before we knew it was addictive.

He did travel for work so put on 40K miles a year. Doing that research brought back some good memories of the 50s and 60s.