Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• shleepieshleepie Member Posts: 4

Hello, may I ask what the MF and RV are for a 2014 S Grand Touring hatchback in NY (downstate)? Term is 36 months 12k miles per year. Thank you!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

@shleepie said:
    Hello, may I ask what the MF and RV are for a 2014 S Grand Touring hatchback in NY (downstate)? Term is 36 months 12k miles per year. Thank you!

58% and .00031

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@unbreakableee said:
    Michaell,

Thanks for the info. For some reason the forum isn't letting me quote your post, so you may have to go back a few pages to recall my questions. But basically, it looks like the dealer is definitely charging more than the calculated lease payment. However, what can I do with this info? The dealer is trying to make a profit, so does your estimated lease payment take that profit out? Or could I take these numbers straight to the dealer and have a chance of them bringing their price down?

I'm hoping to go within the next 2 weeks and sign a lease. The 2015 should be out soon, but I'm not sure how much of an impact that would have on bringing down the 2014 price.

The only two variables in a lease are the negotiated selling price and the MF. I would not sign a lease deal that included an inflated MF. Then it becomes all about the selling price. Yes, the dealer has to make a profit, but it doesn't have to be a large one. Use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine your target price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• bmack11bmack11 Member Posts: 37

Hi Everyone-- Does anyone know the residual and MF for a 2014 Mazda 3i SV automatic -- 36 month/15,000 miles in New Jersey? Thanks.

• joshandcamjoshandcam Member Posts: 2

Hi there. Can someone tell me what the residual and MF are for a 2014 S Touring sedan in central NJ - 36 months/15k miles? thanks in advance!

@bmack11 said:
    Hi Everyone-- Does anyone know the residual and MF for a 2014 Mazda 3i SV automatic -- 36 month/15,000 miles in New Jersey? Thanks.

58% and .00001

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@joshandcam said:
    Hi there. Can someone tell me what the residual and MF are for a 2014 S Touring sedan in central NJ - 36 months/15k miles? thanks in advance!

.00001 and 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141

Michaell, what is the MF and RV% for a 2014 iTouring Sedan with Tech for 36 mo and 15k/yr?

@ahashmi said:
    Michaell, what is the MF and RV% for a 2014 iTouring Sedan with Tech for 36 mo and 15k/yr?

What state? Mazda offers regional numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141

@Michaell said:
    What state? Mazda offers regional numbers.

Sorry, NJ

@ahashmi said:
    Michaell, what is the MF and RV% for a 2014 iTouring Sedan with Tech for 36 mo and 15k/yr? In NJ

58% and .00001

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• unbreakableeeunbreakableee Member Posts: 5

One more quesiton...what is the source of the current incentives on Edmunds homepage?
    http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/mazda3/2014/car-incentives.html

This is saying $336/mo for 36mo/12K lease on the 2014 s Touring. I want to understand where this comes from before using this in negotiations with a dealer. Thanks for all the help.

@unbreakableee said:
    One more quesiton...what is the source of the current incentives on Edmunds homepage?
    http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/mazda3/2014/car-incentives.html

This is saying $336/mo for 36mo/12K lease on the 2014 s Touring. I want to understand where this comes from before using this in negotiations with a dealer. Thanks for all the help.

Edmunds has many sources of information that go into the website. I'm not sure I can pinpoint any specific source for you.

The information is probably the national deal, which is OK but not great. You can do better by negotiating your own price and checking with us for the MF and residual values.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• clisenetclisenet Member Posts: 9

Can someone please post the RV and MF for a 2014 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring Sedan &
    2014 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring Hatchback both with Technology Packages , for a 36-mo, 15K/yr lease in PA? Thank you!

@clisenet said:
    Can someone please post the RV and MF for a 2014 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring Sedan &
    2014 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring Hatchback both with Technology Packages , for a 36-mo, 15K/yr lease in PA? Thank you!

5-door - 57% and .00031

Sedan - 54% and .00001

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Zoder1Zoder1 Member Posts: 35

What's the current MF and RV for a 2014 Mazda3 S Grand Touring Sedan in Florida with discontinued tech package? 36mo/12k. Thank you.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@Zoder1 said:
    What's the current MF and RV for a 2014 Mazda3 S Grand Touring Sedan in Florida with discontinued tech package? 36mo/12k. Thank you.

.00001 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• thawk720thawk720 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2014

Large Request.. Could I please get the MF/RV for 2014/2015 I-touring and S-touring in Central Ohio. 12/36 or 10/36 . Thank you in advance!

• jjgordojjgordo Member Posts: 6

Hi all,
    Can I please get the numbers for a 2014 iTouring hatchback with Tech for 24mo/15k in Texas?
    Thank you.

@thawk720 said:
    Large Request.. Could I please get the MF/RV for 2014/2015 I-touring and S-touring in Central Ohio. 12/36 or 10/36 . Thank you in advance!

Sedan or Hatch? (thought you had all the info, huh?) ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@jjgordo said:
    Hi all,
    Can I please get the numbers for a 2014 iTouring hatchback with Tech for 24mo/15k in Texas?
    Thank you.

.00101 MF and 66% residual. Deduct 1% for manual transmission.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    Sedan or Hatch? (thought you had all the info, huh?) ;)

Ugh , my apologies. Sedan please. I can paypal you for your time and effort if you would like. I greatly appreciate the assistance.

@thawk720 said:
    Large Request.. Could I please get the MF/RV for 2014/2015 I-touring and S-touring sedan in Central Ohio. 12/36 or 10/36 . Thank you in advance!

2014 i Touring - 36/12 - 59% (add 1% for 10K). Subtract 5% for MT.

2014 s Touring - 36/12 - 55% (add 1% for 10K).

2015 i Touring - 36/12 - 60% (add 1% for 10K). Subtract 1% for MT.

2015 s Touring - 36/12 - 60% (add 1% for 10K). Subtract 1% for MT

2014 MF - .00001

2015 MF - .00125

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2014

@kyfdx said:
    .00101 MF and 66% residual. Deduct 1% for manual transmission.

Thanks very much!

Michaell, if you don't mind, could I get the numbers updated for August? Hoping to close this weekend and wanted to see how much they've changed. 2014 s Touring, 10K miles/36mo (can I get 12K miles too please). And this is in Texas. Thanks!

@unbreakableee said:
    Michaell, if you don't mind, could I get the numbers updated for August? Hoping to close this weekend and wanted to see how much they've changed. 2014 s Touring, 10K miles/36mo (can I get 12K miles too please). And this is in Texas. Thanks!

4-door or hatch?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2014

Whoops. 4 door.

@unbreakableee said:
    @unbreakableee said:
    Whoops. 4 door.

.00035 MF and 56%/55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    .00001 MF and 55% residual

10000 miles would be 56% right?

@Zoder1 said:

10000 miles would be 56% right?

Correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. One last question. Is there an acquisition fee , disposition fee, and/or security deposit with leasing through mazda?

@Zoder1 said:
    Thanks. One last question. Is there an acquisition fee , disposition fee, and/or security deposit with leasing through mazda?

$595 acquisition fee. $300 disposition fee at lease end, if not purchased. No security deposit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68

Hello kyfdx: can you give me the money factor and residual value on the Mazda3 sGrand-Touring 5-door for 36 months 10,000 and 7500 miles/per for their labor day sale. Thank you!

• mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68

I am in Los Angeles

@mmenard said:
    Hello kyfdx: can you give me the money factor and residual value on the Mazda3 sGrand-Touring 5-door for 36 months 10,000 and 7500 miles/per for their labor day sale. Thank you!

There is no 7500 miles program available from Mazda.

36/10 RV is 59%. MF is .00031.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    2015 MF - .00125

Thanks for the numbers, dealer tried giving me an iTouring sedan auto for 300ish a month, with nothing down, which seemed too high to me.

MSRP: 21,440
    Negotiated cost: 21,220
    Residual: 12,649 ( 59%)
    MF: He claimed was .0005
    Sales Tax: 766
    Acquisition Fee: 595
    Doc fee: 250

Offered to pay for 1st month, but still wasn't worth it to me. Couldn't believe 200 off sticker was their best offer, they even called back the next day to see if we were interested. I told him I would be able to get this deal a month to a year in the future and on a 2015, so why would I be interested.

What I don't understand is I see some people getting way better deals. On page 9 rick444 on august 17th it looks like he somehow got a lower monthly on the two S trims than I did on an i, even though the cost of his vehicle was several thousand more. When I'm running the numbers he provided though http://www.leaseguide.com/calc/ I'm getting in the 360-370 range. You agreed his numbers were accurate, so what am I missing?!

@thawk720 said:
    What I don't understand is I see some people getting way better deals. On page 9 rick444 on august 17th it looks like he somehow got a lower monthly on the two S trims than I did on an i, even though the cost of his vehicle was several thousand more. When I'm running the numbers he provided though http://www.leaseguide.com/calc/ I'm getting in the 360-370 range. You agreed his numbers were accurate, so what am I missing?!

Well.. his deal was for a 2014, while your quote was for a 2015. Huge difference in money factor.

On-line lease calculators make a lot of assumptions, and add in default values for some lines that you may not have entered. We do our calculation by using simple math.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    On-line lease calculators make a lot of assumptions, and add in default values for some lines that you may not have entered. We do our calculation by using simple math.

Sadly mine "Deal" offer was for a 2014 as well. I could have completely understood 200 off MSRP on a 2015, but a 2014...

I appreciate the reply, I'll have to revisit when the 2015s come out. Maybe around the holidays there will be some new incentives or deals.

Curious what you think a decent monthly payment on a lease would be for an i-Touring auto sedan with no money down. 12/36

• jlichtmanjlichtman Member Posts: 6

I am looking to lease a 2014 or 2015 i grand touring. Can anyone provide the money factor and residual for 3 yr/15k 2014 or 2015 i grand touring mazda 3 5-door in San Diego. Your help is greatly appreciated

@jlichtman said:
    I am looking to lease a 2014 or 2015 i grand touring. Can anyone provide the money factor and residual for 3 yr/15k 2014 or 2015 i grand touring mazda 3 5-door in San Diego. Your help is greatly appreciated

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/comment/4175276/#Comment_4175276

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tla1970tla1970 Member Posts: 15

Can I please get the MF and residual for leasing a 2014 and also 2015 3 S GT 5door in Florida.
    12k miles and 36 months
    Thank you

• cb4d1cb4d1 Member Posts: 19

Looking for numbers on a S Grand Touring Hatchback for California, 3 year 12k/year for Sept. Thanks in advance!

edited September 2014

Hey guys. So I don't have a typical MF/residual request, but it's technically a leasing question so I'll ask it here.

I'm moving to Houston, TX from Canada. Interested in leasing a 2014 Mazda 3 iTouring hatch. My credit score in Canada is excellent, however it does not transfer in any way whatsoever to the States. I have a bad feeling this might prove to be a problem when trying to secure a good interest rate on a lease. However, my salary will be good and I can present proof of my excellent Canadian credit score. I'm hoping this might help.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or might be able to provide some advice? Thanks so much in advance.

• mazdafan99mazdafan99 Member Posts: 9

Thoughts on this deal...2014 hatchback i-grand touring in Los Angeles. $279/month (including tax), $950 down. Trying to move fast on this, so thoughts appreciated!

• rsholmanrsholman Member Posts: 3

Hi I'm looking forthe September money factor and residual for 2014 & 2015 Mazda3 Hatch iGT automatic. 3 year 12k. I'm in New England. Thanks in advance!

• tkkttkkt Member Posts: 2

Hi, could I get MF and Residual for 2014 i Touring with Tech and Moonroof and 2014 i Grand Touring? Mazda3 Hatch, 3 yr, 15k, California (Bay Area).

Thanks!

@mazdafan99 said:
    Thoughts on this deal...2014 hatchback i-grand touring in Los Angeles. $279/month (including tax), $950 down. Trying to move fast on this, so thoughts appreciated!

Hard to evaluate without knowing the MSRP and negotiated selling price. Also, what lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@rsholman said:
    Hi I'm looking forthe September money factor and residual for 2014 & 2015 Mazda3 Hatch iGT automatic. 3 year 12k. I'm in New England. Thanks in advance!

Which state, specifically? Numbers for CT are different for the rest of New England.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@tkkt said:
    Hi, could I get MF and Residual for 2014 i Touring with Tech and Moonroof and 2014 i Grand Touring? Mazda3 Hatch, 3 yr, 15k, California (Bay Area).

Thanks!

Touring - 54%

GT - 53%

.00040 MF and $150 lease cash for both.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tkkttkkt Member Posts: 2

@Michaell said:
    .00040 MF and $150 lease cash for both.

Thanks very much. From earlier posts, looks like RV went down (used to be 57% in CA)... What is "$150 lease cash" though?

This discussion has been closed.