Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

@ps99223 said:
    Hi,

I'm seeking "the numbers" for a 2015 Legacy-Premium lease with 12k and 15k miles/year. I'm in the state of Washington.

I'm considering (not definite) the Moonroof option package, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    Phil

What lease term are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ps99223ps99223 Member Posts: 2

@Michaell said:
    What lease term are you looking for?

DUH!! sorry…. the least expensive…I assume that's 36 or 39 months

@ps99223 said:
    Hi,

I'm seeking "the numbers" for a 2015 Legacy-Premium lease with 12k and 15k miles/year. I'm in the state of Washington. 36 or 39 months.

I'm considering (not definite) the Moonroof option package, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    Phil

36/15 - 61% and .00090

39/15 - 59% and .00125

Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439

hey Michael. For a 2015 Premium, 36/36, is that still 63% and .00090?

now I need to find the formula again. Used to have that memorized. So what would I expect on a 3/36, at those factors, on a car with MSRP of 26,500, and selling price of $24,500? Assume tax, 1st month and DMV fees separate.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Well, I got ambitious and found the formula. If I did it right, looks like $257.87/month base, plus 7% tax = $271.64

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

@stickguy‌

Programs change tomorrow. So it should be interesting to see what they come out with. You like the Premium with EYESIGHT, right?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

well, I like the idea of eyesight, but the one I saw did not have it. Adds a decent chunk of change to the mix. From looking at the site, seems that the incentives go through 9/2, so the #s change Wednesday?

I may call the salesguy in the morning just to have him run #s on the one I drove. Not sure if there is any other trunk money I am not accounting for. Since I can get VIP pricing, it is pretty cut and dried (2% below invoice, reduced dealer fees (maybe none?) and still get any customer cash or rebates.

If he told me I could get it for $250/mo with 1st and DMV fees at drive off (even dropping to 10K should be plenty of miles!) I would probably treat myself to a present! Lord knows I deserve one.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

@stickguy said:
    hey Michael. For a 2015 Premium, 36/36, is that still 63% and .00090?

now I need to find the formula again. Used to have that memorized. So what would I expect on a 3/36, at those factors, on a car with MSRP of 26,500, and selling price of $24,500? Assume tax, 1st month and DMV fees separate.

Yes.. .00090 MF and 63% residual is correct.

@stickguy said:
    Well, I got ambitious and found the formula. If I did it right, looks like $257.87/month base, plus 7% tax = $271.64

I get $253.88/mo, pre-tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@stickguy said:
    well, I like the idea of eyesight, but the one I saw did not have it. Adds a decent chunk of change to the mix. From looking at the site, seems that the incentives go through 9/2, so the #s change Wednesday?

I may call the salesguy in the morning just to have him run #s on the one I drove. Not sure if there is any other trunk money I am not accounting for. Since I can get VIP pricing, it is pretty cut and dried (2% below invoice, reduced dealer fees (maybe none?) and still get any customer cash or rebates.

If he told me I could get it for $250/mo with 1st and DMV fees at drive off (even dropping to 10K should be plenty of miles!) I would probably treat myself to a present! Lord knows I deserve one.

Yes.. numbers change on 9/3, Wednesday

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That's right @stickguy. I forgot you know a corporate big wig at SOA

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

First offer from them was $305, vs. the ~$275 I was thinking about. So certainly within range.

Probably couldn't do anything today so hopefully the October numbers improve when they come out tomorrow!

The plot thickens

I received a follow up email from the dealership here in Stamford:

"We recently provided you with a quote for a Subaru Impreza. Please confirm you have received it-feel free to give me a call or reply this email."

So I fired an email back saying that I'm interested in a Legacy instead of the Impreza. 2.5i Premium with EYESIGHT. I list the vehicle's MSRP & Invoice just to make certain he knows what I'm looking for.

He then quickly replies

"You got the MSRP perfect, invoice is $24,622, you can order for that amount plus $379 conveyance for a taxable $25,001. Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery."

No we are getting somewhere. I'm going to see if I can drive it tomorrow after work.

I may go back tomorrow. I am getting myself all befuddled trying to decide what I like the most. But I guarantee if you drive them back to back, you ain't getting an imprezza.

can't wait to see what happens to the lease programs tomorrow. Hope they improve.

and that is one nice thing about Subaru. They offer a ton of accessories/options, and are happy to order one exactly how you want it.

edited September 2014

Hello PTBs. Do you have new program numbers on a legacy premium?

@stickguy said:
    Hello PTBs. Do you have new program numbers on a legacy premium?

Not yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

When you do get them, can you post for the 2.5i as well as the 2.5i Premium? Thanks!

@nyccarguy said:
    When you do get them, can you post for the 2.5i as well as the 2.5i Premium? Thanks!

We will keep an eye out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hey Michael. Did the new program #s ever surface? I might go back in this weekend. Of course, good chance I would have to order to get what I want, meaning I would be taking what was there when it arrived. But, good to know if things have changed yet.

stickguy said:

Hey Michael. Did the new program #s ever surface? I might go back in this weekend. Of course, good chance I would have to order to get what I want, meaning I would be taking what was there when it arrived. But, good to know if things have changed yet.

We finally got the September numbers for Subaru .. the below are for 36/15:

2.5i base - 60% and .00086

2.5i Premium - 59% and .00056

2.5i Limited - 57% and .00025

Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

stickguy

I'd go back if I were you. I'm fairly picky when it comes to cars (as you well know). I think the Legacy pushes all the right buttons for me and offers something with spice in an otherwise vanilla segment. Its a really nice rig. Definitely won't be as cheap to lease as some of the other cars you are looking at, but you'll like the driving experience.

I just put ad up today for the Volvo. Would prefer to sell that first, which might remove temptation to take a cheap deal on any 2014! Unless it sells super quick.

For the lease, looks like MF dropped, but residual when down 2% too. Need to revisit #s but probably going to be similar.

Doing my Q&D calcs looks like about $10 more this month. No biggie.

• moe35moe35 Member Posts: 8
    I apologize if this is redundant.

I am looking for the September Subaru lease program details (lease cash, residual value and money factor) for the 2015 Legacy Premium for both 24 months, 10,000 miles and 36 months, 10,000 miles.

In case there are regional differences in the program, my location is Wisconsin.

Thanks much!
    moe35 said:

I apologize if this is redundant.

I am looking for the September Subaru lease program details (lease cash, residual value and money factor) for the 2015 Legacy Premium for both 24 months, 10,000 miles and 36 months, 10,000 miles.

In case there are regional differences in the program, my location is Wisconsin.

Thanks much!

36/10 - 62% and .00056

24 month numbers are not competitive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• moe35moe35 Member Posts: 8
    Michaell,

Thank you for the 36 month figures.

Does anyone know if Subaru is offering any lease cash on the 36 month leases for 2015 models?

Best!
    moe35 said:

Michaell,

Thank you for the 36 month figures.

Does anyone know if Subaru is offering any lease cash on the 36 month leases for 2015 models?

Best!

I'm not aware of any lease incentives - use the 'car research' tab at the top of the page to see what Edmunds' has on the subject.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• melbeanbmelbeanb Member Posts: 3
    Can someone just confirm: 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i MF and RV? Thank you.
  • melbeanbmelbeanb Member Posts: 3
    sorry, should've added 12k, 36mth
    melbeanb said:

Can someone just confirm: 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i MF and RV? 36/12. Thank you.

.00086 and 62%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• spokanephilspokanephil Member Posts: 25
    HI Michael,

I'm seeking the October lease numbers for both a 2015 Legacy Premium and Limited (36 mo/12k and 15k miles). I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

Also, any thoughts about which "port installed options" (PIO) are "residualized", thus better purchased with the car, and which are safe to add later…maybe even DIY?

Thanks, Phil

HI Michael,

I'm seeking the October lease numbers for both a 2015 Legacy Premium and Limited (36 mo/12k and 15k miles). I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

Also, any thoughts about which "port installed options" (PIO) are "residualized", thus better purchased with the car, and which are safe to add later…maybe even DIY?

Thanks, Phil

Premium 36/15 - 59% and .00056

Limited 36/15 - 57% and .00025

Add 2% for 12K

I don't know how port installed options are residualized (if at all).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Port options show up on the sticker. So just part if the price of the car (added into MSRP)

stickguy said:

Port options show up on the sticker. So just part if the price of the car (added into MSRP)

I had about $1000 of port installed options on my leased 2008 Impreza, and that was the case, as well..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My Legacy has port installed options that are on the sticker. Rear bumper appliqué, all weather mats, auto dimming mirror w/ compass, trunk cargo net.

• paulntxpaulntx Member Posts: 61
    Looking for the MF and RV on a 2015 Legacy 2.5i Limited and 3.6R Limited for a 36 mo lease @ 10k miles.

Thanks.
    while you are looking, how about #s on a 2.5i premium (10K and 12K).

paulntx said:

Looking for the MF and RV on a 2015 Legacy 2.5i Limited and 3.6R Limited for a 36 mo lease @ 10k miles.

Thanks.

2.5: .00026 MF and 59% residual

3.6: .00043 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

stickguy said:

while you are looking, how about #s on a 2.5i premium (10K and 12K).

.00039 MF and 61%/60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

If the residual value is based off MSRP, how is total depreciation calculated? Selling price - RV? Or Selling price + tt&l, fees, down payment - RV? Thanks.
    paulntx said:

If the residual value is based off MSRP, how is total depreciation calculated? Selling price - RV? Or Selling price + tt&l, fees, down payment - RV? Thanks.

It depends on what you decide to add into the cap cost. Total depreciation is the difference between the net cap cost and the depreciated amount (calculated as a % of MSRP). If you add fees and taxes to the cap cost, the total depreciation would of course be higher. If you pay them up front, total depreciation goes down as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you!
  • slamshifterslamshifter Member Posts: 42
    Shopping for a 2015 Sube Impreza. What are the MF and RV on a 12k/36mos lease? Sorry couldn't find the Impreza thread!!

Shopping for a 2015 Sube Impreza. What are the MF and RV on a 12k/36mos lease? Sorry couldn't find the Impreza thread!!

No lease programs for the 2015 Impreza, yet... just 2014.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ChrismaxChrismax Member Posts: 87
    Could I get the MF and residual for a 2015 Subaru Limited in IL? 36/12 and 36/45 and any lease cash available?

Thanks
    ccorcoran said:

Could I get the MF and residual for a 2015 Subaru Limited in IL? 36/12 and 36/45 and any lease cash available?

Thanks

.00026 and 56% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K miles per year. No lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mikedefranmikedefran Member Posts: 86
    Could I get the MF and residual for a 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited w/ moonroof, push button, and nav. 36months 15k miles and 36 months 12k miles

Thanks
    Mike

Could I get the MF and residual for a 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited w/ moonroof, push button, and nav. 36months 15k miles and 36 months 12k miles

Thanks
    Mike

.00043 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mikedefranmikedefran Member Posts: 86
    Thank you!
  • stayghoststayghost Member Posts: 30
    Hello, can I get the MF and residual for a 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Limited w/ option pkg 22 (moonroof, dimming rview/homelink, push button, and nav) 36 months 12k miles in Massachusetts 

Im being told:
    29,191 cap cost, .00026 mf, 58% residual
    $885 at signing, $359 per month
    edited December 2014
    stayghost said:

Hello, can I get the MF and residual for a 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Limited w/ option pkg 22 (moonroof, dimming rview/homelink, push button, and nav) 36 months 12k miles in Massachusetts 

Im being told:
    29,191 cap cost, .00026 mf, 58% residual
    $885 at signing, $359 per month

The MF and residual are correct.

Can't verify the calculations as you didn't provide the MSRP.

Subaru's program expires at close of business, today.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.