Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Impersonating a Cayenne? - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche
imageImpersonating a Cayenne? - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Is that a 2015 Porsche Macan or a Porsche Cayenne?

Read the full story here

Comments

• adantiumadantium Member Posts: 42

curse tbh. You wouldn't mistake a Mercedez GLK for an M class for example..

• csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143

As I'm convinced most of the people who buy this are only in it for the badge, having it confused for the more expensive model leans more towards the blessing side, unless of course you own a Cayenne.

• benson2175benson2175 Member Posts: 68

The Macan is the SUV Porsche should have built in the first place. Better looking, smaller, sportier, more inline with the brand image. The Cayenne is a bloated ugly Touareg with a better badge.

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606

I agree with @benson2175 that the Macan is more of a Porsche than the Cayenne. Plus, strong family resemblance is a good thing and is a hallmark of German autos. The Mercedes C, E, and S class sedans look like they're cut from the same piece of cloth, as do BMW's 3, 5, and 7.

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827

Macan? That's a picture of the Cayenne you posted, right?

• ocramidajzjocramidajzj Member Posts: 91

I'm personally horrified that you would subject that wonderful paint jobto the abrasive brushes of a car wash. Unless it's touchless- which is hard to make out form that angle.

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827

@ocramidajzj said:
    I'm personally horrified that you would subject that wonderful paint jobto the abrasive brushes of a car wash. Unless it's touchless- which is hard to make out form that angle.

I just really don't like car washes in general. You're either relying on those abrasive brushes or pressure jets to give you a somewhat good clean. I just dedicate a little time every other saturday to personally taking care of my vehicle.

• lou82lou82 Member Posts: 1

What's worse.....a Cayeene looking like a Macan, or a Mercedes looking like a Hyundai? At least the Macan looks good right?

• yaymx5yaymx5 Member Posts: 24

I get the same thing in my Fiesta. "What're you driving these days?" "A Fiesta." "Ah, wow, I hear the Focus is one of the best handling cars." -- Seriously had this conversation more than 10 times at track days.