Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

@hcurtis said:
    I have an offer for Grand Cherokee, purchase price $34,971, monthly payment 383. MF .00099 with residual of $21,230. 36 mo lease, $3,000 down in state of WA, Seattle area. How am I doing?

Could be better. What trim level is this? The highest base MF I see for all Grand Cherokees is .00024 for the RWD Summit. Dealers can only mark up the MF by .00042 at most, so I'm guessing this is not a Chrysler Financial lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• cakellicakelli Member Posts: 5

Need a reality check here. I'm in California and looking at the 2014 JGC Limited Diesel 4x4, 36/12K. The MSRP is $49,185 and I have a dealership willing to sell for a negotated price of $45,000. They say the Residual is 57% and MF of .00019. I also hear that they will not be making the diesel for 2015. Is that true? If so, I really want the diesel so is this a fair price? HELP!! What would my payment be if I don't put any addional money down?

@cakelli said:
    Need a reality check here. I'm in California and looking at the 2014 JGC Limited Diesel 4x4, 36/12K. The MSRP is $49,185 and I have a dealership willing to sell for a negotated price of $45,000. They say the Residual is 57% and MF of .00019. I also hear that they will not be making the diesel for 2015. Is that true? If so, I really want the diesel so is this a fair price? HELP!! What would my payment be if I don't put any addional money down?

The dealer is trying to convince you to get a 2014 - I have lease numbers on 2015 JGC diesels.

MF on the '14 Limited diesel is .00014, so the dealer is marking that up on you. RV for 36/12 is 58% - dealer is not allowed to modify the RV.

It's possible this could be an Ally or US Bank lease - we don't have those numbers to verify.

Use the shopping tools at the top o the page to determine a good target price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• nsull314nsull314 Member Posts: 14

Has anyone received pricing on an Altitude before incentives that is under invoice? I am in the market in MA/RI and trying to find the best deal.

@nsull314 said:
    Has anyone received pricing on an Altitude before incentives that is under invoice? I am in the market in MA/RI and trying to find the best deal.

Use the shopping tools at the top of the page to figure out what your best price could be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hcurtishcurtis Member Posts: 7

The Grand Cherokee I am looking at is the Limited. So if the MF they are using is so high .00099 that means what, besides it is not a Chrysler lease - they are making some money off me?

@hcurtis said:
    The Grand Cherokee I am looking at is the Limited. So if the MF they are using is so high .00099 that means what, besides it is not a Chrysler lease - they are making some money off me?

That is also possible. Dealers often mark up the MF for extra profit in a lease deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

And - should I push on the MF then, which ultimately impacts the mo payment amount and negotiate the MF down to something more reasonable, like?

@hcurtis said:
    And - should I push on the MF then, which ultimately impacts the mo payment amount and negotiate the MF down to something more reasonable, like?

You want to ensure that you are paying the 'base' rate, not something marked up. However, we don't have any access to non-Chrysler finance numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So what is the base MF for Grand Cherokee Limited. And the Cherokee Limited with the terms I gave you? And thanks for the help!

• straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62

Would the August numbers in California be different than those already answered above for the guy in Florida on same car? I'm in So.California, looking at Grand Cherokee LTD & Overland 2wd; 36mo/10k miles. i.e., .00019 RV 56% & .00012 /52%
    Thanks.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

@hcurtis said:
    So what is the base MF for Grand Cherokee Limited. And the Cherokee Limited with the terms I gave you? And thanks for the help!

2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, 36 months: .00014 MF

2014 Cherokee Limited, 36 months: .00013

Assuming both are 4X4

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• brimasbrimas Member Posts: 51

Is there a way to tell what credit tier you are in? I had a really good deal in place and the dealer just called to tell me that I didn't qualify for the top tier and they even had to shop the lease out to a local credit union (which I didn't even know they could do), so now they are trying to jack up the price an extra $16 a month. I thought a 710 was pretty solid, but I guess not.

OK I got the MF handled, thanks. One last question - is there anything I need to know about the residual - if the overall price including lease and residual amount is a good deal, should I be concerned if the residual is higher than ALG Residual Value?

• janulbugjanulbug Member Posts: 22

What is the Money Factor and Residual Value for August on a 2014 JGC Overland 4x2 and 4x4 for a 36 mth lease. 15k miles in Los Angeles CA?

@brimas said:
    Is there a way to tell what credit tier you are in? I had a really good deal in place and the dealer just called to tell me that I didn't qualify for the top tier and they even had to shop the lease out to a local credit union (which I didn't even know they could do), so now they are trying to jack up the price an extra $16 a month. I thought a 710 was pretty solid, but I guess not.

Auto loan or lease qualifications aren't based on credit score alone. If you don't have any auto loan credit history, it may bump you down a notch. That is just hypothetical. I would ask the dealer what credit score you were assigned that dropped you out of top tier.

$16/mo. isn't that big of a bump for less than top tier credit, but I would be concerned over going through a credit union, rather than Chrysler Finance, because of GAP insurance and end-of-lease issues.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@hcurtis said:
    OK I got the MF handled, thanks. One last question - is there anything I need to know about the residual - if the overall price including lease and residual amount is a good deal, should I be concerned if the residual is higher than ALG Residual Value?

ALG has nothing to do with Chrysler residuals. Unless your plan is to buy the car you are leasing, you want a high residual. Higher residuals result in lower payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@janulbug said:
    What is the Money Factor and Residual Value for August on a 2014 JGC Overland 4x2 and 4x4 for a 36 mth lease. 15k miles in Los Angeles CA?

.00012 MF and 49% residual for 4X2

.00010 MF and 51% for 4X4

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bobby29bobby29 Member Posts: 6

Looking for an updated MF & Residual Value for a 2014 Laredo E 4x4, 12k miles and 24 months in MD. Thanks!

@bobby29 said:
    Looking for an updated MF & Residual Value for a 2014 Laredo E 4x4, 12k miles and 24 months in MD. Thanks!

.00018 and 68% for 24/12.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62

Hey Guys, Please note that there is $4500 regional lease bonus cash available on the 2014 JGC (see incentives page on Edmunds) if you don't use Chrysler Capital. You have to ask specifically for it: Have yet to have it offered since the dealer steers you to their in house captive finance arm (Chrysler capital) which offers a lower MF (per sales guy) but the higher MF is way better for buyer with $4500 off cost....I beleive you can also stack the $1000 Jeep cash too...

@straightdope said:
    Hey Guys, Please note that there is $4500 regional lease bonus cash available on the 2014 JGC (see incentives page on Edmunds) if you don't use Chrysler Capital. You have to ask specifically for it: Have yet to have it offered since the dealer steers you to their in house captive finance arm (Chrysler capital) which offers a lower MF (per sales guy) but the higher MF is way better for buyer with $4500 off cost....I beleive you can also stack the $1000 Jeep cash too...

I ended up going this route. I got the 4,500 rebate + 1,000 Jeep Cash + 1,000 conquest cash. After the dealer discounted it further, I ended up getting a 41,500 MSRP car for $419/month with nothing due at signing except for first months payment + registration. The bank that they used has a residual of only 50%, but that should work out pretty well when it comes time to trade it in. I feel I did pretty well on this one based on what else I've been seeing. If you are in the NY area, I would highly recommend Begnal Motors in Kingston. They are very fair and will quote you on anything without any hassles (it's like pulling teeth to get MFs and Residuals from most dealers).

• tjlionstjlions Member Posts: 29

Did you negotiate price first and then the $4500 discount? Was the finance guy the only one who knew what you were talking about?

• chrisj7845chrisj7845 Member Posts: 41

Are the september numbers out? Looking for the 2014 summit 4x4 24 month 10k residual and mf.

Thanks

@tjlions said:
    Did you negotiate price first and then the $4500 discount? Was the finance guy the only one who knew what you were talking about?

Well I had a quote from another dealer that was going through Chrysler Finance who was about $20/month higher with a little bit of money down, so I asked this dealer if they could beat it and that's when they gave me an option to go through another finance company to lower my payments.

• chrisj7845chrisj7845 Member Posts: 41

@brimas said:
    Well I had a quote from another dealer that was going through Chrysler Finance who was about $20/month higher with a little bit of money down, so I asked this dealer if they could beat it and that's when they gave me an option to go through another finance company to lower my payments.

I tried going that route with the summit, but it didn't work out. The residual was too low on the other finance company. One dealer gave me 8k off with non Chrysler finance and the other $6500 off with Chrysler finance and the $6500 off was a lower payment because of how much higher the residual was. It was 60 compared to 51 on a 24 month 10K lease.

• soup4soup4 Member Posts: 6

Also looking for Sept. #'s when they come out. Looking for a LGC Limited, 36 mo. 12K in MA

When they get released I would be interested in the 2014 JGC Altitude 4x4 in MA for a 36 Month 12k in MA

@chrisj7845 said:
    Are the september numbers out? Looking for the 2014 summit 4x4 24 month 10k residual and mf.

Thanks

.00028 MF and 58% residual for 27 month, 10K/yr.

27 months is the only viable term, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2014

@soup4 said:
    Also looking for Sept. #'s when they come out. Looking for a LGC Limited, 36 mo. 12K in MA

Assuming 4X4?

.00010 MF and 63% residual for 27 month, 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@nsull314 said:
    When they get released I would be interested in the 2014 JGC Altitude 4x4 in MA for a 36 Month 12k in MA

.00029 MF and 65% residual for 27 month, 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• edsmed1edsmed1 Member Posts: 11

May I get the numbers on a 27 month 12K/yr lease on a jeep grand cherokee overland 4x4?

Sorry, forgot to add it's a 2014.

@edsmed1 said:
    May I get the numbers on a 27 month 12K/yr lease on a 2014 jeep grand cherokee overland 4x4?

.00027 and 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jcarr343jcarr343 Member Posts: 4

I am looking for the Minnesota lease numbers on a 2014 Limited. 36mo/12k or 39mo/12k if that's an option right now.

@kyfdx Should i assume that Jeep is no longer supporting 36 month leases on MY14 JGC's?

@jcarr343 said:
    I am looking for the Minnesota lease numbers on a 2014 Limited. 36mo/12k or 39mo/12k if that's an option right now.

.00020 MF and 52% residual for 39mo, 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@nsull314 said:
    kyfdx Should i assume that Jeep is no longer supporting 36 month leases on MY14 JGC's?

On further inspection, it looks like the support is on 27 month and 39 month leases, but not on 24 or 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rawarren83rawarren83 Member Posts: 2

Can you give me the residual and MF for a 2014 JGC 4x4 Limited Diesel for 27/39 months and 12k miles per year? It's for Kansas and/or Missouri.

Also, is there a difference in the rates between the Limited and Overland?

Thanks!

• ad1das101ad1das101 Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2014
    Could you give me the residual and MF for a 2014 JGC Overland 4x4 diesel. 15k miles per year. 27 and 39 months. I'm in PA. Thanks in advance.

@kyfdx could you provide MF and RV for a 2014 JGC Altitude 4x4 on a 39m 12k/yr lease in the northeast.

Thanks.

May I get the RV and MF for a 2014 jeep GC summit 4x4 on a 39m/12K mile lease?

@rawarren83 said:
    Can you give me the residual and MF for a 2014 JGC 4x4 Limited Diesel for 27/39 months and 12k miles per year? It's for Kansas and/or Missouri.

Also, is there a difference in the rates between the Limited and Overland?

Thanks!

27/12 - .00010 and 64%

39/12 - .00020 and 54%

Yes, Overland numbers are different.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@ad1das101 said:
    Could you give me the residual and MF for a 2014 JGC Overland 4x4 diesel. 15k miles per year. 27 and 39 months. I'm in PA. Thanks in advance.

27/15 - .00027 and 62%

39/15 - .00012 and 50%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@nsull314 said:
    kyfdx could you provide MF and RV for a 2014 JGC Altitude 4x4 on a 39m 12k/yr lease in the northeast.

Thanks.

.00016 and 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@edsmed1 said:
    May I get the RV and MF for a 2014 jeep GC summit 4x4 on a 39m/12K mile lease?

.00012 and 46%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bdinobdino Member Posts: 11

Possible to get MF and residual for 14 gc limited 4x4, 12k miles, 27 and 39 months. In virginia. Thanks

@bdino said:
    Possible to get MF and residual for 14 gc limited 4x4, 12k miles, 27 and 39 months. In virginia. Thanks

27/12 - .00010 and 62%

39/12 - .00020 and 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ttribecattribeca Member Posts: 12
    Can I please get the MF and RV of a 2014 GC Limited 39 mos. 12k/yr in Northern California? Thanks!

@ttribeca said:
    Can I please get the MF and RV of a 2014 GC Limited 39 mos. 12k/yr in Northern California? Thanks!

4X4? .00020 MF and 52% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.