Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Distinctive Front-End Styling - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jeep
imageDistinctive Front-End Styling - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

If you want a small crossover that doesn't look like it came from a generic no-name mold, the 2014 Jeep Cherokee should work out well.

Read the full story here

Comments

• csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143

This thing looks like a Jeep got drunk and spent the night with a cheap Kia hatchback. Also looks like a scene from Lilo and Stitch. You know what else stands out in a crowd? A Pontiac Aztec.

• 7driver7driver Member Posts: 145

Squinty headlights have been on show cars for decades. This is one of the few (first?) times it's on a regular production car. If it's well received - and it looks like so far it has been - then I suppose show car headlights will get even squintier.

• rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    edited September 2014

Polarizing for sure.

I much prefer the Trailhawk's front end. The TH's lower facia is much more angled back thus allowing for a much better angle of approach. Also, the TH's facia is broken up into two colors (not monochromatic). With the combination of those two things, the front becomes far less bulky and awkward looking.

Also, the Jeep "face" is much more than the 7-slot grille; headlights play a big part too. The new Cherokee's headlights are visually very weak. They need to be bolder and they need to find a way to incorporate them into the powerful looking running lights at the top. They need to work as a unit visually.

The profile, rear and interior are great looking.

• ayaoayao Member Posts: 27

What has been seen cannot be unseen...

• cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274

Apparently one man's "distinctive" is another man's FUGLY. I think that thing is horrendous. Like old ladies and young children scaring ugly. Yuck.

• rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788

@cjasis said:
    Apparently one man's "distinctive" is another man's FUGLY. I think that thing is horrendous. Like old ladies and young children scaring ugly. Yuck.

The buying public have voted. It's a keeper.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349

I could see owning a Trailhawk, but not any other trim level...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021

Pictures simply do not do this vehicle justice. In person it is a really good looking CUV

• opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106

this car does not photography well at all.

• glossgloss Member Posts: 150

I think the flanks and rear end of the thing are far more heinous.

• legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599

There was plenty of criticism when the pictures of this car first leaked. Many continue to hate it. I'm getting used to it and, while I don't find it beautiful, it certainly is distinctive and interesting. Still, we must agree that it's a styling homerun for Jeeps It probably won't stand the test of time like other classic Jeeps but it comes into a segment where one year ago Jeep was offering the Compass, Patriot and Liberty and nobody noticed. The Cherokee arrived on the scene and they're selling like crazy. I see them all over the place. And, to be honest, they look pretty good.