Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hood Is Misaligned - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar
imageHood Is Misaligned - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

The hood of our 2015 Jaguar F-Type does not align properly on the driver side.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ocramidajzjocramidajzj Member Posts: 91
    edited September 2014

That would annoy me to no end. As it is I'm OCD about the way my VW R's hood notch lines up with the VW grille emblem. It's just a hair off but it sticks out to my eye. No amount of futzing with the adjustable bump stops seems to fix it without throwing some other spacing off. I guess it's the price you pay for wider tolerances in an inexpensive platform (which is interesting because I think the VW Golf structure is incredibly solid and high quality for it's price point). Of course the Jag costs 3 times the R's cost and the alignment of the hood is 10 times worse. IMO.

• dgcamerodgcamero Member Posts: 148

@ocramidajzj said:
    That would annoy me to no end. As it is I'm OCD about the way my VW R's hood notch lines up with the VW grille emblem. It's just a hair off but it sticks out to my eye. No amount of futzing with the adjustable bump stops seems to fix it without throwing some other spacing off. I guess it's the price you pay for wider tolerances in an inexpensive platform (which is interesting because I think the VW Golf structure is incredibly solid and high quality for it's price point). Of course the Jag costs 3 times the R's cost and the alignment of the hood is 10 times worse. IMO.

Have you tried tweaking the grille itself? The whole front end of that car bolts on and off easily...to make it cheaper to insure, but you can adjust quite a bit in an hour or so!