Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Jaguar XE Sharpens Its Claws for Battle With BMW 3 Series | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar
image2016 Jaguar XE Sharpens Its Claws for Battle With BMW 3 Series | Edmunds.com

The 2016 Jaguar XE compact sedan, a new offering from Jag, was revealed in London.

Read the full story here

Comments

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606

Though I'm a BMW fan in general I'm always happy to see other automakers bring their A-game to compete. Competition drives all automakers to be better. Curious to see which type of driver this new Jag appeals to most, though. The one who values style, luxury comfort, or handling?

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725

Will reservere final judgement until I see it up close and personal. But, as I feared, the XE appears to be a bit "mini-XF" in exterior style. Not a bad thing, just disappointing. Perhaps pix don't yet do it justice. Nice to see buttons in the interior, though!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• audilaw16audilaw16 Member Posts: 7

Disappointed in the early shots of its interior. Seems exceptionally bland, particularly given the new Mercedes C class, and what will surely be a fantastic new A4 interior once the redesign is out (especially in light of the need to keep Audi interiors #1 in the face of the new Benz).

• 500rwhp500rwhp Member Posts: 99

A little XFish, but I like the grill. I think the interior is fine and it certainly looks well laid out. We'll see how it looks in real life though.....and how much of the German crowd will accept something different.

• agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893

Love the exterior styling in general, but I hate, sorry, HATE, that hideous, oversized sunroof. I'm also not a fan of the "warp Field Adjuster" gear selector. My local Jag dealer says they do go wrong and seem vulnerable to drink spillage. If Jag lets us have the V6 motor without the shouty seats I could take the blandness of the rest of the interior.

• cbrandicbrandi Member Posts: 21

Sounds like Jaguar has done its homework. This should be a game changer in this class. Glad they stayed with the rotary gear changer. It's a smart device, easy to use and doesn't intrude on interior space.