Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Has anybody experienced problems with brakes or accelerator in your Lexus LS460?

jakub1jakub1 Member Posts: 0
My dad has recently had a fatal car crash and as he complained on the brakes before and there were no brake marks on the road before he got killed, I was wondering if it could have been the faulty brakes. The last outgoing call from his phone, 6 minutes before the accident was to our local Lexus service. The call was not recorded, so we didn't know what it was about, but the whole thing is so strange that decided to ask the question.Please, help!

Answers

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2014
    @jakub1, sorry to read about your loss. You may want to ask around about getting an accident reconstruction expert to look at the car. The NHTSA may also be interested.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Modern cars generally do not leave brake marks because they are ABS equipped and thus don't lock up. But the car can still be examined for brake defects, and since a fatality was involved, Lexus might be very interested in this case. Also get ahold of any police reports that might have been filed---they could tell you things you may wish to know.

My condolences.

Host.