Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Built in navigation screen. 2013 BMW 528xi.

amarmistryNJamarmistryNJ Member Posts: 23
edited September 2014 in BMW
I bought 2013 BMW 528xi yesterday and looks like previous owner either sprayed something on the screen of built in navigation or probably removed some protective film from top of it by cleaning with some strong cleaning solution. I cleaned it with mild glass cleaner and water for now. Any suggestions on how to clean the screen to restore original condition?

The screen looks fine when its on.

I am attaching the picture of how it looks right now.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited September 2014
    Depends what they used--if they used an ammonia-based cleaner and an abrasive cloth, the screen is toast, as the protective coating has been destroyed. Best thing I could suggest is to buy a laptop screen cleaner from Office Depot or Staples and see how that works. If that doesn't do it, then I'm afraid there's no hope.

PS: never use a spray device on a nav screen.
  • Options
    amarmistryNJamarmistryNJ Member Posts: 23
    @Mr_Shiftright‌ Thank for for your response and sorry about not responding sooner. I will try cleaning the screen with laptop screen cleaner. I suspect it won't work but only way to find out is to try it! Will let you know.