Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited April 2015 in Chevrolet
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Chevrolet Cruze Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on Edmunds 2015 Chevrolet Cruze page.

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Chevrolet Cruze leasing questions.
Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Cruze, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Chevrolet Cruze page.

To see all forums discussions about the Chevrolet Cruze, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Chevrolet Cruze discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• aebulbulaebulbul Member Posts: 26
    Looking to lease one of these 2014 diesel models. Father is GM retiree and mother has $2500+ in GM credit card earnings. Do you think dealers will let me bring down the cap cost with these two things and stack them with any current incentives?
  • psoricapsorica Member Posts: 15
    Anyone have the rates for October or November for the Cruze Diesel? 10-12K miles, 24 or 36 months. Looking to get the MF or interest rate and residual percentage.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I'm sorry... we don't have any numbers for the Cruze diesel for October..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mikers1981mikers1981 Member Posts: 17
    Any numbers for December ? Or were there any changes to November. Looking for diesel rates as well as the 2lt. 12k miles
    I don't show special rates for the Diesel...

2014 Cruze 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    1.65% MF and 59% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ls2gtols2gto Member Posts: 6

Can anyone please provide MF and residual for a 2014 Cruze LS manual transmission, 36 months, 12k miles/year as of 1/4/14? Also are there any lease incentives through Ally? Thanks in advance.

• marginofsafetymarginofsafety Member Posts: 10

Can anyone please provide MF and residual for a 2014 Cruze LS automatic transmission, 36 months, 15k miles/year as of February/March 2014? Also are there any lease incentives through Ally? Thanks in advance.

@marginofsafety said:
    Can anyone please provide MF and residual for a 2014 Cruze LS automatic transmission, 36 months, 15k miles/year as of February/March 2014? Also are there any lease incentives through Ally? Thanks in advance.

GM rates expired yesterday... it will be later in the week before we have that info.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• marginofsafetymarginofsafety Member Posts: 10

Thank you kyfdx@Edmunds. Any sense of when I should check back?

@marginofsafety said:

1.65% MF and 57% residual. Either $425 or $1025 lease cash, depending on option packages.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kevhollywood1kevhollywood1 Member Posts: 11

Hi. What are lease terms for 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel at 12k/year for 24 months and 36 months?

@kevhollywood1 said:
    Hi. What are lease terms for 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel at 12k/year for 24 months and 36 months?

4.00% MF and 66% residual for 24 months.

1.65% MF and 59% for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• morghead12morghead12 Member Posts: 22

Got a quote on a '14 Chevy Cruze LTZ with Navigation, $239/mo with $300 out of pocket. This is with GM discount as well. How is this deal? Thank you.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

@morghead12 said:
    Got a quote on a '14 Chevy Cruze LTZ with Navigation, $239/mo with $300 out of pocket. This is with GM discount as well. How is this deal? Thank you.

What is the MSRP and selling price? Lease term and miles per year?

Hard to evaluate without that information .... :-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• morghead12morghead12 Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2014

What is the MSRP and selling price? Lease term and miles per year?
    Hard to evaluate without that information .... :-)

MSRP is $26,675...36 month/10k miles a year...unsure of the sale price however.

@morghead12 said:

$239/mo for a $26k car is a pretty good deal with so little out of pocket.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• freddy_fishfreddy_fish Member Posts: 5

What is the MF and residual for May for a 2014 Cruze 1LT 36/12k or 36/10k? Thank you.

@freddy_fish said:
    What is the MF and residual for May for a 2014 Cruze 1LT 36/12k or 36/10k? Thank you.

1.65% APR and 59%/60% residual. $1025 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• freddy_fishfreddy_fish Member Posts: 5

@kyfdx‌- Do the lease numbers change if it's a Cruze LS Auto 36/12k ?

@freddy_fish said:
    kyfdx‌- Do the lease numbers change if it's a Cruze LS Auto 36/12k ?

The lease cash drops to $425. The other numbers stay the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jd12322jd12322 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014

Hello all. Does anyone know the RV/MF for a 24-month 2014 Cruise LS automatic. Either 10k or 12k miles per year. Thanks.

@jd12322 said:
    Hello all. Does anyone know the RV/MF for a 24-month 2014 Cruise LS automatic. Either 10k or 12k miles per year. Thanks.

24/12 - 4.00% and 66%. Add 1% for 10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146

A reporter is looking to talk with someone who recently leased a Chevy Cruze. If you can help, please shoot a message to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday July 30, 2014.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014

I like the 2015' Chevrolet Cruze a lot. A diesel version is likely my next car.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

Do you guys have any lease numbers on a 2014 Cruze 1LT Automatic (36 months/12K per year). I'd qualify for $500 conquest cash and $1,025 bonus cash.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy said:
    Do you guys have any lease numbers on a 2014 Cruze 1LT Automatic (36 months/12K per year). I'd qualify for $500 conquest cash and $1,025 bonus cash.

1.40% MF and 59% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    edited August 2014

same for the diesel? 10K mile per year numbers for both too please

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy said:
    same for the diesel?

No difference in the numbers I have for engine type, just options packages.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nkf2008nkf2008 Member Posts: 88

Hi, I have an opportunity to lease a GM / Chevy car through work and for labor day the manufacturers announced extra cash on select vehicles such as the 2014 Cruze. So I just wanted to model the payments for a 2014 Cruze LS, automatic transmission MSRP 17520 + destination - discounts = 15520. If leased at 24 months 12k or 36 months 12k what are the payments come out to be ? Thanks!

@nkf2008 said:
    Hi, I have an opportunity to lease a GM / Chevy car through work and for labor day the manufacturers announced extra cash on select vehicles such as the 2014 Cruze. So I just wanted to model the payments for a 2014 Cruze LS, automatic transmission MSRP 17520 + destination - discounts = 15520. If leased at 24 months 12k or 36 months 12k what are the payments come out to be ? Thanks!

24/12 numbers are 3.20% and 66%

36/12 numbers are 1.40% and 59%

With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $200.89/mo for 24 months and $158.97/mo for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nkf2008nkf2008 Member Posts: 88

thanks Michaell, btw why dont you use the Car_Man account any more ? ;)

@nkf2008 said:
    thanks Michaell, btw why dont you use the Car_Man account any more ? ;)

because that was a different person....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kartdadkartdad Member Posts: 44

Looking for lease figures for 2014 LTZ at 36mos and 12k/year in Seattle.  Is MF still 1.4% and RV still 59%?  I am looking at one at MSRP of $26k, cap cost of $20,700.  Plus I have a GM certificate for an additional $1000 since I am a current lessee.  So total cap cost is $19700.  I get a payment of around $160 a month including sales tax.  Too good to be true???   The dealer is already advertising the car at $20,700 after discount and rebates.

edited September 2014
    kartdad said:

Looking for lease figures for 2014 LTZ at 36mos and 12k/year in Seattle.  Is MF still 1.4% and RV still 59%?  I am looking at one at MSRP of $26k, cap cost of $20,700.  Plus I have a GM certificate for an additional $1000 since I am a current lessee.  So total cap cost is $19700.  I get a payment of around $160 a month including sales tax.  Too good to be true???   The dealer is already advertising the car at $20,700 after discount and rebates.

1.52% APR and 59% residual. $900 lease cash.

Did they give you a CAP cost of $20,700, or was that just inferred from the ad? Sometimes, there are different incentives for purchasing vs. leasing, and an advertised price might include an incentive that isn't available on a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The ad was for $19,995.  That included dealer markdown and $3000 in rebates and another $750 in USAA rebate.  I don't qualify for the USAA cash but I do have the $1000 certificate from Ally since I am currently leasing a Chevy Volt.  So I based CAP cost on their numbers.  Should hear back today.  Anything under $200 a month on a $26k car is pretty darn good.

Awaiting dealer for final price. Can I not use the $2500 consumer cash on a lease? I thought that was a rebate that could be used for whatever I wanted?
    kartdad said:

Awaiting dealer for final price. Can I not use the $2500 consumer cash on a lease? I thought that was a rebate that could be used for whatever I wanted?

Use the "car research" tab at the top of the page to get a list of all current incentives. There are time where lease cash and rebates for purchases are not the same amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I did that. Most I can get in rebates is around $1300. So best price I can get so far is in the low $200s. I want to be under $200 including tax. Going to also look at the Dodge Darts....
  • blues88blues88 Member Posts: 13
    Hi,
    I am considering leasing a Chevy Cruze , LT2 in Florida for 12K and 24 months.What is the money factor and residual value for this lease?
    Thanks.
    blues88 said:

Hi,
    I am considering leasing a Chevy Cruze , LT2 in Florida for 12K and 24 months.What is the money factor and residual value for this lease?
    Thanks.

24/12 lease numbers for the Cruze are 3.20% and 66%. $300 or $900 lease cash.

36 month numbers are more competitive - 1.52% and 59%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I walked out of dealer yesterday. They would only discount a 1LT $700 off MSRP. They were using a residual of 57%, not 59%. Said they use different banks...Ally and GM Financial. Residual on a 10k lease was 60%.

They did offer $1025 in lease cash, and the APR was only 1.4% which was good.......but when I asked why residual was 57%, they just told me that was what it was. Is there a different residual for automatics versus manuals? I was looking at a manual transmission.

Thoughts?
    The lease was for 36/12
    kartdad said:

I walked out of dealer yesterday. They would only discount a 1LT $700 off MSRP. They were using a residual of 57%, not 59%. Said they use different banks...Ally and GM Financial. Residual on a 10k lease was 60%.

They did offer $1025 in lease cash, and the APR was only 1.4% which was good.......but when I asked why residual was 57%, they just told me that was what it was. Is there a different residual for automatics versus manuals? I was looking at a manual transmission.

Thoughts?

Once you get away from Ally, we don't have any numbers to validate. It's possible that other banks use different residuals for manuals vs. automatics. I know it's true for other manufacturers' numbers as well - Chrysler and Porsche are two I know of.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok. Thanks. Just talked to another dealer and was told the residual was 60%! Geez! Tough to get a straight answer.

kartdad said:

Ok. Thanks. Just talked to another dealer and was told the residual was 60%! Geez! Tough to get a straight answer.

It's important to remember that dealers have multiple finance companies from which to choose when funding a lease - they may have wildly different residuals and MF's.

We only have the Ally numbers available for validation.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

They reconfirmed that the residual was 59%. But they also quoted me $1400 in lease cash!! Which is really good. Just might get to my target of $175 a month.
    kartdad said:

They reconfirmed that the residual was 59%. But they also quoted me $1400 in lease cash!! Which is really good. Just might get to my target of $175 a month.

Make sure you continue to negotiate the selling price and not the monthly payment. Dealers can manipulate the numbers to show you what you want to see but still make more profit that perhaps you'd be comfortable with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

They discounted the car $1400 off MSRP too.

For those looking at the Cruze, here is my deal that I should be closing today:

Cruze 1LT
    6 Speed Manual
    All Star Package (sunroof and Pioneer stereo)
    Tech Pkg
    RS Pkg
    1LT Convience Pkg

MSRP = $22,400
    Selling Price = $21,000
    Lease Rebates=$1400
    Ally Lessee Certificate=$1000 (only if you are currently a lessee...you get it in the mail)

CAP Cost of $21000
    Residual = $13216
    APR=1.52%
    Down Payment and Rebates $2700
    Payment=$180 for 36mos/12k miles a year including tax

kartdad said:

They discounted the car $1400 off MSRP too.

For those looking at the Cruze, here is my deal that I should be closing today:

Cruze 1LT
    6 Speed Manual
    All Star Package (sunroof and Pioneer stereo)
    Tech Pkg
    RS Pkg
    1LT Convience Pkg

MSRP = $22,400
    Selling Price = $21,000
    Lease Rebates=$1400
    Ally Lessee Certificate=$1000 (only if you are currently a lessee...you get it in the mail)

CAP Cost of $21000
    Residual = $13216
    APR=1.52%
    Down Payment and Rebates $2700
    Payment=$180 for 36mos/12k miles a year including tax

Nice deal!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Walked out again!  They were worse than last night!   Raised the price $500 and then wanted to use $1200 for down payment, acquisition fee of $745 and some other crap upfront fees they said.  Not towards CAP reduction!   Payment was $236!!!   Ridiculous.  Do any Chevy dealers want to make me a deal??  I am not asking for under dealer cost.  Just want what is a fair price.

This discussion has been closed.