Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Storage Space? - 2014 Mazda Mazda3 S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda
imageStorage Space? - 2014 Mazda Mazda3 S Long-Term Road Test

Nice car but they dropped the ball when creating useable storage spaces around the driver's seat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Thanks for the tip about US Highway 6, I read the wiki page and found it pretty interesting.
  • Options
    mlin32mlin32 Member Posts: 35
    Agreed, also a complaint from my side. I usually stow my sunglasses and CDs in the door bins but the former won't fit in the (useless) overhead holder and the latter now have to be all stacked in the glovebox. Makes it an adventure for the driver to reach over and fumble into the passenger side of things when driving. And since the glovebox is also unlit, finding said CDs at night is also interesting.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    donszr1 said:

Wow! I'm 61 and even I don't use CDs anymore, you must really be a geezer.

Haha!
  • Options
    rydog75rydog75 Member Posts: 1
    mlin32 - what is a CD?
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Why stow your wallet and cell phone? What is the point of taking those items out of your pocket when you get in the car?
  • Options
    ocramidajzjocramidajzj Member Posts: 91
    fordson1 said:

Why stow your wallet and cell phone? What is the point of taking those items out of your pocket when you get in the car?

Because a wallet and phone can be uncomfortable when you sit down. At least for me.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    That's insane - so every time you want to sit for any length of time, you're going to remove from your pockets and find someplace to set down the two things that you are most anxious to NOT lose, and that bad guys are most anxious for you TO lose?

That's just a recipe for disaster. Significant material loss and identity theft are now not a matter of "if," but a matter of "when." Solution - purge the crap out of your wallet so it's thinner and don't get one of the new generation of king-size smartphone/TVs.
  • Options
    nousernameenousernamee Member Posts: 6
    fordson1 said:

That's insane - so every time you want to sit for any length of time, you're going to remove from your pockets and find someplace to set down the two things that you are most anxious to NOT lose, and that bad guys are most anxious for you TO lose?

That's just a recipe for disaster. Significant material loss and identity theft are now not a matter of "if," but a matter of "when." Solution - purge the crap out of your wallet so it's thinner and don't get one of the new generation of king-size smartphone/TVs.

@fordson1 Not if you are smart enough to remember. its really a simple thing don't make such a big deal about it.