Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Two questions on VW CC Sport

jgirl6jgirl6 Member Posts: 53
edited July 2014 in Volkswagen

Have a 2012 vw cc sport manual. lease is up in 6 months. Anyone have issues with the oil in their car? I have run dry 2x with no warning lights etc. 1st time got a turn off engine immediately light. 2nd time was randomly checking oil no warning and dipstick was bone dry. The reason I ask is I told dealership about my issues and being unhappy and they stated they will buy out my lease and put me in a new cc but I'm leery. The offer is to buy out my lease (1,890 - 6 payments $315/month) and put me in a 2014 cc r-line manual. Just tax tags and 1st months payment (i believe he said it would be 2,418 down) 12k/yr for 379. I think they said the car is valued at $30,877 residual $16,821 and mf is .00035. Any thoughts is this a good deal and should I try another cc . Or is this car known for these types of issues being a turbo.

Best Answer

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217

@jgirl6 said:
    Have a 2012 vw cc sport manual. lease is up in 6 months. Anyone have issues with the oil in their car? I have run dry 2x with no warning lights etc. 1st time got a turn off engine immediately light. 2nd time was randomly checking oil no warning and dipstick was bone dry. The reason I ask is I told dealership about my issues and being unhappy and they stated they will buy out my lease and put me in a new cc but I'm leery. The offer is to buy out my lease (1,890 - 6 payments $315/month) and put me in a 2014 cc r-line manual. Just tax tags and 1st months payment (i believe he said it would be 2,418 down) 12k/yr for 379. I think they said the car is valued at $30,877 residual $16,821 and mf is .00035. Any thoughts is this a good deal and should I try another cc . Or is this car known for these types of issues being a turbo.

I would definitely be worried about a car that has completely run out of oil, twice... thank goodness it is a lease, under warranty..

What is the MSRP of the new CC? There is a $3500 incentive for leasing this car that can be used to reduce the selling price.. but, you need to know how much negative equity they are rolling over from your old lease.. Also, how many months is the new lease?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jgirl6jgirl6 Member Posts: 53

6 months remain on the lease at $319/mo so it would be $1,914.00. MSRP $32,195 Thank god its a lease I can return. The new lease would be for 36 months. Not sure if the oil issue is model wide or just specific to my current vehicle .Have you ever heard of such a crazy thing with the oil. Love everything else about the car so really not sure if I should even consider the same model

Really? I love the car's looks etc and people think I'm crazy for getting another one. I like German made cars and manual transmissions. I would only buy a 4 cylinder with a turbo otherwise I would need at minimum a 6 cylinder and in a Volkswagen none of the other cars interest me except a toureg but don't want large car payments or to put $$$ down on a lease to lower the payments. Lease is up in Feb, trying decide and checking oil regularly. thank you for your input
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    jgirl6 said:

Really? I love the car's looks etc and people think I'm crazy for getting another one. I like German made cars and manual transmissions. I would only buy a 4 cylinder with a turbo otherwise I would need at minimum a 6 cylinder and in a Volkswagen none of the other cars interest me except a toureg but don't want large car payments or to put $$$ down on a lease to lower the payments. Lease is up in Feb, trying decide and checking oil regularly. thank you for your input

Yeah.. stay on top of it. You are under warranty, right?

My friend is currently leasing his 2nd consecutive CC/stick-shift. He liked the first one, and couldn't pass up the $1000 upfront, $325/mo. payment on the 2nd one..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

A. $1000 rebate. Dealer or manufacturer rebate? Was it a sport or r-line? How long ago? Car still under warranty return date is Feb 2015 numbers they were talking were higher but was a 2014 r-line for $379/mo wasn't wow'd or prepared to negotiate so I walked out.
    Like the Jetta GLI but not as many features/luxuries, liked the handling but numbers were the same as the 2014 cc. (Had a Jetta Wolfsburg prior to the cc liked it but not as many features and got a great deal on the 2012 cc due to the change in body style) Didn't seem to make sense not to do it.