Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Refreshed 2015 Honda CR-V Bound for Dealerships October 1| Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Honda
imageRefreshed 2015 Honda CR-V Bound for Dealerships October 1| Edmunds.com

The refreshed 2015 Honda CR-V compact SUV, which features a

Read the full story here

Comments

• hokiehighhokiehigh Member Posts: 16
    finally projector headlights! Looks good.
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Now looks like the Honda Crosstour
  • pauldtpauldt Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    Fingers firmly crossed that it doesn't have a CVT. Every mechanic that I've talked with says to avoid CVTs like the plague. Too many moving parts. Too much maintenance required. Too many problems-with all manufacturers' CVTs. Environazi mpg standards are driving manufacturers to produce CVT equipped vehicles. Not consumer demand.
  • jaceakjaceak Member Posts: 2
    have had several nissans with cvt,including new rogue, which blows away crv.did have one cvt problem with old rogue, dealer fixed better than new.but maxima new altima and new rogue ride great, no issues.and since 2010 nissan and mercedes in joint venture worlwide to share engines transmissions and chassis's out of a factory they own together in mexico. so expect to see cvt trannys in benzs.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    pauldt said:

Every mechanic that I've talked with says to avoid CVTs like the plague. Too many moving parts.

"A continuously variable transmission has fewer moving parts, which can reduce friction and, consequently, heat. Friction + Heat = wear and tear on your transmission. Reduced exposure to friction and heat can help a transmission last longer." (NissanUSA)

• wizard_wizard_ Member Posts: 1
    Some great updates to an already class leading CUV. Will be shopping the new Touring model as soon as a dealership receives one.
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    pauldt said:

Fingers firmly crossed that it doesn't have a CVT. Every mechanic that I've talked with says to avoid CVTs like the plague. Too many moving parts. Too much maintenance required. Too many problems-with all manufacturers' CVTs. Environazi mpg standards are driving manufacturers to produce CVT equipped vehicles. Not consumer demand.

Jeez, didn't they say the same for VTEC?!?!?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    jaceak said:

have had several nissans with cvt,including new rogue, which blows away crv.did have one cvt problem with old rogue, dealer fixed better than new.but maxima new altima and new rogue ride great, no issues.and since 2010 nissan and mercedes in joint venture worlwide to share engines transmissions and chassis's out of a factory they own together in mexico. so expect to see cvt trannys in benzs.

The Rogue "blows away" the CRV?

Really? Sure don't see many on the road!
  • popularbhaskarpopularbhaskar Member Posts: 20
    Assuming if there is CVT and engine change.. Can anyone confirm if the prices would drop a lot on the CRV 2014?

If it is I am going to hold on to my purchase decision till last day and i am willing to wait till middle of October also but can anyone throw some light as i have never monitored a price drop on a major upgrade.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    A price drop? I seriously doubt that would ever happen!
    I meant.. A price drop on the 2014 CRV's to clear them off.
    I am the first person to reveal this information.. The new 2015 CRV comes in 2 different transmission. The touring model comes with CVT and the lower models comes with 5 speed automatic transmission.

Enjoy!
  • dilsdils Member Posts: 1
    As per this article, the 2015 Honda CRV will be in dealerships on October 01st. But none of the dealerships have the 2015 crv as yet. Does any one know when it will be available and why it is not out as yet ?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There's a few out there - you can find them by plugging in different zip codes on the CR-V pricing page here (click on Find Cars For Sale). For example, there's sixty CR-Vs in the Baltimore area today.

This link may work better for you.
  • dizneymandizneyman Member Posts: 2
    All 15's have CVT, not just touring