Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited May 2015 in BMW
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 BMW 3 Series Lease Questions forum. You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 BMW 3 Series page.

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 BMW 3-Series purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 3-Series, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit 2014 BMW 3-Series Lease Questions discussion. You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 BMW 3-Series page.

To see all forums discussions about the 3-Series, including earlier model years, please visit our list of BMW 3-Series discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• t_mt_m Member Posts: 9

Hi,

I am interested in buying a new 2014 328i xDrive. I would love to do my research on pricing before I start talking about money with the salesperson.

Here are the specs I am looking at:

• 328i xDrive Base Price $36,155 $39,300
      • Luxury Line $1,910 $2,100
      • Imperial Blue Metallic $500 $550
      • Black Dakota w/Exclusive Stitching $0 $0
      • Anthracite Wood $0 $0
      • Cold Weather Package $865 $950
      • Driver Assistance Package $865 $950
      • Lighting Package $820 $900
      • Premium Package $2,820 $3,100
      • Technology Package $2,865 $3,150
      • Harman Kardon Surround Sound System $795 $875
      • Automatic High Beams $230 $250
      • Destination Fee $925 $925

MSRP: $53,050
    Invoice Price (per Edmunds.com): $48,750

What should I expect to pay (excluding tax / license)?

Thank you.

• konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196

It partially depends on where you live....dealers in SoCal, tend to be very competitive with pricing. This sounds like a purchase to me... I would shoot for $500 over invoice, then minus any incentives you have. Also, if you can make the time, consider European delivery, you could easily save another 2-3 thousand. If you are ordering and are flexible about the pick up, you can do a PCD delivery to South Carolina, that way you can go to any dealer you want. Finally, if you are ordering, send your build and offer to purchase to various BMW internet departments in your area and see how they respond.

• t_mt_m Member Posts: 9

Thanks konacoug. Yes, this will be a purchase. I didn't know about euro delivery. Sounds like fun and savings at the same time. Probably won't work with my crazy schedule at work, though.
    I live in the seattle area. I don't know if dealerships are competitive here. I'll start contacting the internet departments as you suggested. Thanks for the advice.

• sunny48sunny48 Member Posts: 24

Do better deals occur in the winter as they do with MBs ? Or, is the BMW holiday discount usually the best one? I've been looking into getting a 328xi GT for my grown children to share when they visit and for me to use when they are not home, but I get confused by what I have read. Maybe it's my age.

A local dealer gave my kids a lease quote of $625 a month for the car below with 12,000 miles year, which I thought was ridiculously high, plus did not list a price value for the car. So I went in to speak to someone there myself.

First I got the car's MSRP based on what my kids wanted/dreamed of having which was $55,050 and then got it down to $51,150. After some discussion in which I asked about the money factor, residual and buyout values - the dealer's mouth actually fell open in surprise - payments dropped to $599.99 which I thought was still high.

When I asked about 10,000 miles a year the payments dropped to $586.68 a month with Cash Due on Lease of $3,722. Along with the first month's payment, this cash would include an acquisition fee of $925, sales tax of $1,973, fuel surcharge $60, tire, inspection and document fees totaling $97, plus a tax on the fees! of $80.

Shouldn't I be doing better? The money factor was 1.45 (seems high), residual was 59% and buyout was $34,380.

I keep reading on here to contact dealers in SoCal. As I live in the North East and may lease, picking it up there or in S. Carolina is out. I'd waste too many miles getting it home. If I bought, it might make sense, but I think buying might cost far more a month.

Thanks for any advice or input.

~~~~~~

November 30, 2013
    2014 BMW 328i xDrive GT
    Exterior: Imperial Blue Metallic
    Interior: Saddle Brown exc. stitching Dakota Lthr
    Luxury Line (Req. ZPP) (required)
    Trim:
    Highlight Trim Finishers: Pearl gloss chrome (included / no charge)
    Wheels: 18\" light alloy wheels multi-spoke style 416 (Luxury Line) (included / no charge)
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Premium Package (required)
    Driver Assistance Package (required)
    Driver Assistance Plus (Req. ZDA, 609; No ZMM)
    Technology Package
    Heated front seats (included / no charge)
    Side and Top View Cameras (Req. ZDA) (included / no charge)
    Navigation system (included / no charge)
    Lender: BMW FS
    Type: Lease
    Term: 36 Months
    Miles per year: 12,000 miles/year
    Tax State: NY
    Monthly Payment: $625.68
    Total Due at Delivery: $3,940.70 including 8.625% Sales Tax

• foranewcarforanewcar Member Posts: 1

Is This A Good Deal?

2014 BMW 328i

Bay Area

MSRP (Base + Options) = $45925

Invoice = $42425

Dealer Offer = $40,100

The prevailing incentive is $1250 cash on the 328i

Thanks for your responses.

• jicbulkjicbulk Member Posts: 25

2014 328xi is in my garage:

$49,975 Sticker $43,522 Sales Price 61% Residual - $30,485 $500 down + $4,234 Trade Equity ($11,500 and I owed $7,266 on my '07 328i Sport RWD 6spd Manual) $358/mo.

2014 328xi Sport Line Premium Cold Weather Paddle Shifters Navigation

This car is Incredible.

• buycartoday77buycartoday77 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2014

Just signed for a 2014 328i sedan

$44,225 sticker (metallic paint, premium, lighting, driver asst, heated fronts)

$38,447 + TTL (net of $2000 options credit)

$40,097 OTD

I wish I had the $2,000 USAA rebate.

Now, I gotta sell my G37. It's been a good 3 years.

• easypareasypar Member Posts: 191

I've been considering buying a 328d, x drive because this is Colorado. It took a few tries to get our local dealer to talk to me (I posted this under a thread about how good BMW business was) but eventually got the internet guy to email and call me. They did have two on the lot that we liked but we really wanted rear camera because we're in our late 60 and our necks get stiffer as we age.

Anyway he seemed pretty vague about aftermarket cameras, like he knew they existed but wasn't sure about having it done. Hmmm, someone is in front of me ready to spend $45K plus and he doesn't make an effort to find out??? Anyhow it took one phone call to a local shop to find out that it's either a mickey mouse set-up or a $400 part to tap into the BMW electronics correctly.

Plus they had a sign announcing a $500 document/added profit fee over each sales desk. I asked him about getting off MSRP and he said $500 off diesels and $1250 factory money, THAT'S IT.

I contacted the biggest dealer in Colorado, Schomp in Denver metro area and got a quick response from one of their geniuses that I'd met at the auto show. He spent an hour on the phone explaining why I should want navigation (which they tend to order on many of their cars) even though my phone already has it, etc.

We also discussed colors and he told me they, being a "gold star" (I've forgotten the exact term that BMW uses) dealer they get some priority over finding items coming off the line or ship.

One other advantage of this dealer is they put discount prices on every car on their 200 plus inventory and advertise NO FEES.

12 hours later the sales guy called me about Mojave/Beige in a neighboring state, premium package, navigation, cold weather, driver assist and lighting packages. MSRP is $50,125 invoice is $46,500 and my price is $44,930, about $1000 less than TMV on Edmunds. $400 to ship it in, a few days.

Heading down tomorrow to see the actual color combo up close on a non-diesel they have on their lot and seal the deal if that looks good.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

@easypar said:
    I've been considering buying a 328d, x drive because this is Colorado. It took a few tries to get our local dealer to talk to me (I posted this under a thread about how good BMW business was) but eventually got the internet guy to email and call me. They did have two on the lot that we liked but we really wanted rear camera because we're in our late 60 and our necks get stiffer as we age.

Anyway he seemed pretty vague about aftermarket cameras, like he knew they existed but wasn't sure about having it done. Hmmm, someone is in front of me ready to spend $45K plus and he doesn't make an effort to find out??? Anyhow it took one phone call to a local shop to find out that it's either a mickey mouse set-up or a $400 part to tap into the BMW electronics correctly.

Plus they had a sign announcing a $500 document/added profit fee over each sales desk. I asked him about getting off MSRP and he said $500 off diesels and $1250 factory money, THAT'S IT.

I contacted the biggest dealer in Colorado, Schomp in Denver metro area and got a quick response from one of their geniuses that I'd met at the auto show. He spent an hour on the phone explaining why I should want navigation (which they tend to order on many of their cars) even though my phone already has it, etc.

We also discussed colors and he told me they, being a "gold star" (I've forgotten the exact term that BMW uses) dealer they get some priority over finding items coming off the line or ship.

One other advantage of this dealer is they put discount prices on every car on their 200 plus inventory and advertise NO FEES.

12 hours later the sales guy called me about Mojave/Beige in a neighboring state, premium package, navigation, cold weather, driver assist and lighting packages. MSRP is $50,125 invoice is $46,500 and my price is $44,930, about $1000 less than TMV on Edmunds. $400 to ship it in, a few days.

Heading down tomorrow to see the actual color combo up close on a non-diesel they have on their lot and seal the deal if that looks good.

My daughter has bought two MINIs from Schomp. Great dealer to do business with. Let us know how everything turns out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• cbtscbts Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2014
    Hello,
    Looking at a 335i in Los Angeles. MSRP 54975, negotiated down to sale price of 47975. Does this sound like a good deal? Any other pitfalls to look out for on a purchase?

Thanks!

@cbts said:
    Hello,
    Looking at a 335i in Los Angeles. MSRP 54975, negotiated down to sale price of 47975. Does this sound like a good deal? Any other pitfalls to look out for on a purchase?

Thanks!

Seems to be a decent amount off sticker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• sheetaljsheetalj Member Posts: 3

In the past I could get prices paid easily compared to now. So let me post the price I paid for my 2014 BMW 328xi for others to benefit from.

$47,400 MSRP ( Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package and Navigation)

$41240 + TTL

$43960 OTD

I purchased my car around Philadelphia area on July 1st and used the $2000 build-out credit and I didn't have any other rebates available. The only thing I ended up using was a free car purchase program similar to Edmunds provides.

The final price I got was lower than even what I expected to pay and it partly helped because I used regional pricing to negotiate where the dealer closest to me had the price about $400 more than another dealer about 90 miles away but I was willing to drive there and buy and I used that in negotiation.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Congrats on the new BMW!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• marvynmarvyn Member Posts: 1
    2015 328d M Sport Line, Metallic Paint, Sport transmission with Shift paddles , Lighting Package, Harman Kardon sound, Leather Coral RED Dakota interior, Driver Assistant package, Parking Assistant. Delivery from Germany ($950) Total price $44,575

It's this good???
    marvyn said:

2015 328d M Sport Line, Metallic Paint, Sport transmission with Shift paddles , Lighting Package, Harman Kardon sound, Leather Coral RED Dakota interior, Driver Assistant package, Parking Assistant. Delivery from Germany ($950) Total price $44,575

It's this good???

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chellachella Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Closed 2014 X1 sDrive deal on last Saturday at Tucson BMW (Arizona), it came with pre-installed options of 18" alloy wheel, aluminum roof rail and Glacier Silver color, the price details are below.
    MSRP - 33,125 (with options)
    Autonation dealer Saving - 4,130
    selling price - 28,995 + TTL
    Sales tax - 6.1% (no city sales tax)
    Final OTD Price - 31,700
    chella said:

Closed 2014 X1 sDrive deal on last Saturday at Tucson BMW (Arizona), it came with pre-installed options of 18" alloy wheel, aluminum roof rail and Glacier Silver color, the price details are below.
    MSRP - 33,125 (with options)
    Autonation dealer Saving - 4,130
    selling price - 28,995 + TTL
    Sales tax - 6.1% (no city sales tax)
    Final OTD Price - 31,700

Congrats! I like the X1. Reminds me of our E46 3-series

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ephone73ephone73 Member Posts: 9
    2014 BMW 328i with the following options:
    Options
    MOONROOF (403)
    HEATED FRONT SEATS (494)
    BURL WALNUT WOOD TRIM (4AB)
    PEARL GLOSS CHROME HIGHLIGHT TRIM FINISHERS (4DM)
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM W/TOUCHPAD -inc: Remote Services, Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information, BMW Online & BMW Apps, Enhanced USB & Bluetooth w/Smartphone Integration, Instrument Cluster w/Extended Contents (609)
    MOJAVE METALLIC (A17)
    VENETIAN BEIGE, DAKOTA LEATHER UPHOLSTERY (LCDF)
    DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE -inc: Rear View Camera, Park Distance Control (ZDA)
    PREMIUM PACKAGE -inc: Dakota Leather Upholstery, Moonroof, Satellite Radio, 1 year subscription, Comfort Access Keyless Entry, Lumbar Support (ZPP)

45.5k MSRP
    about 40k (a little over) before TTL

Is that a good deal?

Please advise. Thanks.
    ephone73 said:

2014 BMW 328i with the following options:
    Options
    MOONROOF (403)
    HEATED FRONT SEATS (494)
    BURL WALNUT WOOD TRIM (4AB)
    PEARL GLOSS CHROME HIGHLIGHT TRIM FINISHERS (4DM)
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM W/TOUCHPAD -inc: Remote Services, Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information, BMW Online & BMW Apps, Enhanced USB & Bluetooth w/Smartphone Integration, Instrument Cluster w/Extended Contents (609)
    MOJAVE METALLIC (A17)
    VENETIAN BEIGE, DAKOTA LEATHER UPHOLSTERY (LCDF)
    DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE -inc: Rear View Camera, Park Distance Control (ZDA)
    PREMIUM PACKAGE -inc: Dakota Leather Upholstery, Moonroof, Satellite Radio, 1 year subscription, Comfort Access Keyless Entry, Lumbar Support (ZPP)

45.5k MSRP
    about 40k (a little over) before TTL

Is that a good deal?

Please advise. Thanks.

On a new BMW, my target price is usually 7% off MSRP minus any incentives.. That would be about $5200 off MSRP. ($2000 incentive) That looks to be where you are...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ephone73ephone73 Member Posts: 9
    Actually, I talked to several buyers from another forums who bought the 2014 328i this month. They got it for about 7k off msrp. Some get even more. For example, for 47400 msrp, he got for 40700 before ttl.
  • jsamtjsamt Member Posts: 33

I am leasing a 2014 328i  xdrive and the paperwork  lists a residual that does not seem to reflect the actual "selling" price. The car is 44850 and the selling after innovation and un4gettable is 37 and change. However the "residual" number listed in the conteact is higher that the 62% of the selling price. I got a great deal of 426$ month with 15k, 36 months and only 1st month and dmv due at delivery. Should I care or be concerned as long as my payment and out of pocket are correct?  

jsamt said:

I am leasing a 2014 328i  xdrive and the paperwork  lists a residual that does not seem to reflect the actual "selling" price. The car is 44850 and the selling after innovation and un4gettable is 37 and change. However the "residual" number listed in the conteact is higher that the 62% of the selling price. I got a great deal of 426$ month with 15k, 36 months and only 1st month and dmv due at delivery. Should I care or be concerned as long as my payment and out of pocket are correct?  

The residual is calculated from the sticker price, not the negotiated selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jsamtjsamt Member Posts: 33

thank you!  

• chain78chain78 Member Posts: 1
    A dealer quote me on a 320i 2014 base model, $519 for 72 mo. at 3.12% with zero down, MSRP $34,639.00, sale price $29,995.00, is this a good deal? do I have room to negotiate more discount? is there any discount for bmw current owners?
    chain78 said:

A dealer quote me on a 320i 2014 base model, $519 for 72 mo. at 3.12% with zero down, MSRP $34,639.00, sale price $29,995.00, is this a good deal? do I have room to negotiate more discount? is there any discount for bmw current owners?

3.12% is the preferred rate from BMW this month. Use the pricing tools at the top of the page - Make, Model and Year - to determine your target price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• aj125aj125 Member Posts: 24
    @Michaell‌ Could you please let me know if following quote is good?

2014 320i Silver with black sensa tec
    Lighting Package (ZLP)
    Sports Package (ZSP)
    Heated front Seats (494)
    Nav system with touchpad (609)

MSRP $39100

Quoted Price through Edmunds Price Guarantee $32825. And seems like there is some additional $1k incentive.
    Please let me know at your earliest as it seems like a good price and would like to make the purchase ASAP.

Thanks
    aj125 said:

@Michaell‌ Could you please let me know if following quote is good?

2014 320i Silver with black sensa tec
    Lighting Package (ZLP)
    Sports Package (ZSP)
    Heated front Seats (494)
    Nav system with touchpad (609)

MSRP $39100

Quoted Price through Edmunds Price Guarantee $32825. And seems like there is some additional $1k incentive.
    Please let me know at your earliest as it seems like a good price and would like to make the purchase ASAP.

Thanks

I don't make decisions with other people's money :smile:

If you can get the additional $1000 off the Edmunds price I think you are in a good position. Over $7K off MSRP seems pretty strong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ruonanruonan Member Posts: 5
    Hey Everyone,

Looking for advice on the following:

New 2014 320i xdrive Lease 36 months, 12k/year
    MSRP: $44,900 (Driver asst., Lighting, Premium, and Navigation)
    Sale Price: $38,520
    MSD total: $2450
    Initial Money Factor: .0013 (I am assuming a drop to .00081 after MSDs)
    Down Payment: $4,000
    Dealer calculated total Cap Reduction: $2764.26
    Monthly: $349/month

Any advice and comments would be greatly appreciated!
    @Michaell Please and thank you.
    ruonan said:

Hey Everyone,

Looking for advice on the following:

New 2014 320i xdrive Lease 36 months, 12k/year
    MSRP: $44,900 (Driver asst., Lighting, Premium, and Navigation)
    Sale Price: $38,520
    MSD total: $2450
    Initial Money Factor: .0013 (I am assuming a drop to .00081 after MSDs)
    Down Payment: $4,000
    Dealer calculated total Cap Reduction: $2764.26
    Monthly: $349/month

Any advice and comments would be greatly appreciated!

With a CAP cost of $35,756, I get a payment of $272/mo+tax..

Don't know your location or tax rate, but that seems a little lower than what you are getting.. Better verify that they aren't marking up the rate. Ask for the Net CAP Cost, and see what doesn't add up..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx‌ Thanks for the prompt reply and advice! I am in CT with tax at 6.35% so per month is around 21. Without the MSDs, the dealer gave $370/ month with all other numbers the same. My suspicion is that they might not have given me the full money factor deduction from the MSD payments of .00049 to give a new MF of .00081. Would you mind providing an estimate for monthly payments with and without MSD that represent good deals?

Thanks

ruonan said:

@kyfdx‌ Thanks for the prompt reply and advice! I am in CT with tax at 6.35% so per month is around 21. Without the MSDs, the dealer gave $370/ month with all other numbers the same. My suspicion is that they might not have given me the full money factor deduction from the MSD payments of .00049 to give a new MF of .00081. Would you mind providing an estimate for monthly payments with and without MSD that represent good deals?

Thanks

Well.. they have to give you the full reduction for the MSDs.. What they probably did was mark up the rate to .00170 before giving you the .00049 reduction.. .00040 markup adds about $25/mo, pre-tax..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator